gingerpie98

Pregnant Mares

So just because I love taking pictures I wanted to see some of your guys preggos mares. I was looking at some the picture on Google and it seemed like it would be a fun topic.

Ginger is a little ways from showing yet, but I would love to see some your guys mares.

Most definitely, I am obsessive about taking Pictures, I also have a Conformation Journal going that I take pictures for every month, so there will mostly likely be hundreds.

Ok, here's Baskette when she WAS pregnant.....

At 7 months:

Baskette7moPreg.jpg

At term 340 days:

BasketteTerm.jpg

BasketteTerm2.jpg

2 days before foaling at 363 days (yes...she almost went a full year!!). Look at how she's dropped:

BasketteTerm19-2.jpg

Thanks cmv2002, she sure is pretty, I noticed that at seven months her flank looks alot like how Ginger does now, that skin has bunched up behind her barrel.

ooo this will be a fun topic!!!!... i will post pictures of my mares that are in foal (just gotta go out and get some! i have been slacking in the picture department!.... :o!!!)

ooo this will be a fun topic!!!!... i will post pictures of my mares that are in foal (just gotta go out and get some! i have been slacking in the picture department!.... :o!!!)

Where are your pics? I wanna see

I have 2 in foal for 2011, one is our Scenic Jetalito daughter, Jackie, she is due May 27 2011

67595_10150312205300192_512275191_15838900_669482_n.jpg

73036_10150312205095192_512275191_15838893_3002237_n.jpg

and the other is my husbands Percheron/Paint cross mare

69023_10150312205975192_512275191_15838917_4004392_n.jpg

73572_10150312205505192_512275191_15838907_3877604_n.jpg

Bred to Coosas Calico Kid

60066_10150286525975192_512275191_15318522_5661408_n.jpg

I hope Ginger's baby is just small cause she don't look like either of those big girls. They are very pretty, and yay for percheron crosses, love mine.

Wow, these pictures are great! I'll have to snap a couple of my mare tomorrow.

Out of curiosity, I googled pictures of fetal development and was tickled pink to find that my baby (just shy of 5 months) is about the size of a beagle and has developed eyelashes and hair on its muzzle. Sooo cool. :)

I thought Ginger didn't take?

My regular vet said that she hadn't based on an ultrasound done at 21 days and a palpation later, both of which she said was negative. After that they basically just ignored me and my questions. However, when she still hadn't come back into heat through September, I called a vet from Grand ledge to look at Ginger, she came out and did an ultrasound and found that she had a healthy foal. The only thing she is worried about is Ginger's nervous nature when stressed and said that if she wasn't kept pretty calm that she had a high chance of aborting. So as long as we keep Ginger calm, I should have a baby in April!!!! So excited.

This is the most recent pics I have of Ginger

sept252010084-Copy.jpg?t=1288199450

Sept252010022-Copy.jpg?t=1288199494

Edited by Gingerpie98

image009.jpg

Day 150

Gaining more than a pound every 10 days, the fetus now is about the size of a rabbit. Hair graces its chin, muzzle, and eyelids. If you look closely, you'll see that eyelashes have emerged.

That's Ginger's baby right now HaHa

she's at day 157

October 29, 2010

october29001.jpg?t=1288391911

october29009.jpg?t=1288391945

october29003.jpg?t=1288391986

october29006.jpg?t=1288392013

I really hope this baby is just small right now. Cause she has the depth in her barrel but no where near the width of the others on the thread.

october29008.jpg?t=1288392064

SYL: I am in LOVE with your Percheron/Paint cross mare!!!! She is BEAUTIFUL!!!! Can not wait to see her foal!!!

Don't worry. My mare never showed until she was 5 months or farther along. Just depends on the mare.

Don't worry. My mare never showed until she was 5 months or farther along. Just depends on the mare.

The breeder said to expect a change around December with her, so I'm just kinda patiently waiting.

hey guys.....

it is totally true bout the eye lashes and such!... my boyfriends mare aborted on saturday at 6 months and the little filly had eyes lashes and you could feel peach type fuzz hair on her muzzle :( ... just thought i was kinda cool to see (well under the cercumstances ... very very sad she was out!) but i have always wondered if it was true !...

I got a babies due in may june and july! no sleep for the wicked!..... i will get pictures of the mini mares very shortly!

well here is moxie she is Due June 1 st 2011!!!!! cant wait! this mare is bred to run and is always built like a running horse, very fit and trim... she is really showing this pregnacy!

143days-nov1120104.jpg

143days-nov1120101.jpg

Holy Cow Acid, that mare is perty. Can't wait to see what the minis look like, trying to convince my mom to let me get one, but with Ginger's baby and maybe aquiring the daddy she thinking no.

I LOVE Moxie... :grin:

Which Mini's do you have due this year? Was it Cheyenne who didn't take? So that'd leave Cheyenne's sister and Pepsi due?

Edited cause I missed a word, and it didn't make any sense without it.. LOL

Edited by Zeusyboy

thanks zuesy i love her too!.. she is getting really bossy though! dunno why.. i am gonna blame it on the hormones but my dad says she is just a mare!...

yea cheyenne didn't take the first time, so i decided to give her a year off she has had 3 foals in a row so a year off wont hurt her at all! and next year i will probally leave pepsi open..... so yes i have bella (cheys sister...hopefully she has not been checked but never came back into heat) and pepsi =)

i will try to have pictures of them this week sometime... and maybe some better ones of Moxie...

Is this Ginger's first foal? Most maidens won't show the same belly that a confirmed broodmare will. Typically, the foals are smaller, since the mare's body hasn't been "broken in" by previous foals, but they will grow normally and catch up to everyone else.

Also, every mare is different in the way they carry and how the foal grows. I have one that looks pregnant all year round, and one that looks like she isn't pregnant at all until about 2.5 seconds before foaling. Both are a little frustrating to track, but that's what's normal for them, so nothing to worry about.

You could also call the vet and have them come do another check up, just to make sure every thing is developing normally.

Is this Ginger's first foal? Most maidens won't show the same belly that a confirmed broodmare will. Typically, the foals are smaller, since the mare's body hasn't been "broken in" by previous foals, but they will grow normally and catch up to everyone else.

Also, every mare is different in the way they carry and how the foal grows. I have one that looks pregnant all year round, and one that looks like she isn't pregnant at all until about 2.5 seconds before foaling. Both are a little frustrating to track, but that's what's normal for them, so nothing to worry about.

You could also call the vet and have them come do another check up, just to make sure every thing is developing normally.

Yeah this is Gingers first foal, and probably her only foal. We had the vet out last week to do another check-up, everything is still progressing normally. Knowing that I'm not nearly as worried as before. When our weather clears up, I'm gonna take more pics of her.

thanks zuesy i love her too!.. she is getting really bossy though! dunno why.. i am gonna blame it on the hormones but my dad says she is just a mare!...

yea cheyenne didn't take the first time, so i decided to give her a year off she has had 3 foals in a row so a year off wont hurt her at all! and next year i will probally leave pepsi open..... so yes i have bella (cheys sister...hopefully she has not been checked but never came back into heat) and pepsi =)

i will try to have pictures of them this week sometime... and maybe some better ones of Moxie...

[Jump]