gingerpie98

Pregnant Mares

Sockatears.... your mare is very pretty !... can't wait to see what she is baking in there for you!... what is she bred to ?

ha ha never mind i just read your post before the picture!... sorry ! Is she a appalossa?

Yes. She is a appaloosa/Quarter Horse. Registered as an Appaloosa

Thought i would uplload a new picture of moxie!!!!! (Sorry it was taken on my phone) but i am pretty sure i saw the little thing moving the other day! i was really late feeding and it looked like her belly was dancing around!....

moxie.jpg

i can't wait i want spring to come so much faster than it is!

i have 2 mares in foal for 2011 one is due in march her registered name is Eli Sue Bar bred to Son o Stik they are both on all breed

and the others name is Son Dee Fleet also bred to Son o Stik she is due in august. I know its late but she didnt stick the first time but it will be good the winters here are mild until about march so the foal will be older when its cold.

Plans for both babies are to break them out and see if they excel at cutting versitale ranch horse or reining cow horse.

I also have 3 new fillies that i plan to break out show then breed but thats a long ways away.

WOA She looks really good!

It is exciting, I think I felt Ginger's Baby move for the first time a few days ago, I just can't wait to see what I have. I don't even care what it is really as long as it's healthy.

cowgurlup1983: do you have any pics?

cowgurlup1983- Both of your horse look great, very pretty colors. They both look a lot like Ginger, so I may be somewhat bias. LOL

goldenboy_eventer33- I was telling WOA the same thing, none of Gingers pictures really do her belly justice. It is frustrating to no end.

I will try to get pics of Ginger today.

pretty mares! i don;t think any picture does the mares justice at this point... when they are really heavy and ready to foal it makes them look bigger than normal!

pretty mares.... is allie black? or dark brown? whats she bred to?

pretty mares! i don;t think any picture does the mares justice at this point... when they are really heavy and ready to foal it makes them look bigger than normal!

pretty mares.... is allie black? or dark brown? whats she bred to?

Technically dark bay, but her winter coat is pretty much black. She is a full TB and is bred to Catherston Dazzler (http://www.emcostallionservices.com/stallions/dazzler.html) for my next jumper/eventer!

All pretty ponies, I can't wait to see all the foals that are going to hit the ground this year!!

So I got updated pics of Ginger today

She is really beginning to fill out. She weighted in at 1067 today, and I have just started increasing her food.

December29th012.jpg

December29th024.jpg

December29th023.jpg

ETA: She is still very pleasant to be around, I hope that is a good sign since I only have four months and she hasn't turned into a total grouch.

Edited by Gingerpie98

She is super pretty, is she crossed with your stallion? I would love to own an azteca foal.

The days are really getting close now. I'm ecstatic that I only have like 90 days left. Can't wait.

Gingerpie - yes she is crossed to my stallion Ace. I am hoping for some chrome but I don't really care s long as it is healthy. I am getting excited/nervous all at the same time. This is the first time I have foaled one out at my place and though I have plenty of experience I know things can always go wrong. This is also Sophie & Ace's first baby. Sophie isn't sure what is going on in her belly. I can tell when its moving around in there because she stops what she is doing and just looks at her belly like what is going on in there? It is too funny. I too have always wanted an azteca foal so this should be interesting.

She was like my mare PJ shes got that long kinda TB body that hid that baby pretty well. I love my mares body when she is pregnant though only time she actually has any shape LOL. Sadly she lost her baby this year so no full figure for her.

MMN

MMN: I only know of one other mare that is due in Feb. so I would say you are the first, Ginger isn't due till April So I have a ways yet, but I wanted to be enough out of the winter so that I wouldn't have to buy a blanket for the foal.

Someday, I am going to make a list of all the mares with foals due this year, and will expect everyone to have a foal watch, PLEASE I love watching those. This is going to be a good year.

Golden Boy Eventer..... NOPE! Moxie is due June 1st and Bella (mini mare ) is due July 15 so i am sure she will be the last to go!..!

i have One due MAY one due JUNE and one due JULY

MMN i think that you, cripple creek farm, have mares due in Feb. but i think yours is due first!

eta.... changed a name, spelling... and i will make a list of due dates!....

Edited by Walking On Acid

MMN you are before as Sophie isn't due till the 28th of Feb. I'm glad that I'm not the first. I really didn't want a Feb baby hopefully she will cook it a little longer and we can get into March but with her being a maiden you never know.

WOA- I'll let you make the list, cause I have finals coming up, and have been hit with a business overload.

Gingers official due date is April 25th, but I'm hoping she goes a year.

I finally got a pic of the stallion who my mare is bred to. Its kinda suck but its all i could get. Ricco.jpg

Here is a recent pic:

downsized_0109011533.jpg

SO excited, she is due next month! :)