little_mom52

My First Registered Qh

This is my new 3yr old QH. Her name is Skips Social Flower. Her sire is Mr Skipper Depth and her dam is Skips Tender Honey. She is trained for western pleasure. Could someone please tell me what the horses in her bloodline are best known for so i know a little about what i bought? I dont know much about registered horses especially QH. She is a very well mannered very sweet and quiet little mare.

005-7.jpg

I don't see much wp blood in her, at least not any modern lines ive heard of, but I really like the look of her, pretty headed filly. Good luck with her, was she professionally trained? has she competed in wp ?

http://www.barrelhorse.com/stallions.htm

he's number 13 (if you scroll down)

Quite the looker (your filly's sire) no wonder he was a high point halter stallion. From the looks of it, he comes from a line of money earning performance horses (NCHA) and halter champs.

her mama....all I could find was her pedigree :/ http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/skips+tender+honey

sire's : http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/mr+skipper+depth

I figure you prob. already have her pedigree info, but I threw them in just in case :)

The whole Skipper line is a good riding line. Way back on her mothers side is Plaudit. My app is out of that line. It's supposed to be good too.

She is cute.

Thank you all for the info! I dont know whether she was shown or not but i would seem to think so. May have been just some small local shows. But someone took the time and effort to train her into a nice frame. she has a beautiful headset and rides really slow and steady with a loose rein. She maintains her gaits well too. I havent ridden her myself yet but i have had a friend ride, my son rode her and my boarder and her little girl did. She is very calm and easy to ride. She had shoes on when i got her, so i assume she was ridden quite a bit. I lucked out with her as i bought her from a small local two bit dealer who buys them from the local auction. How a horse of her caliper ended up at a small town auction is anybodys guess. She just fell through the cracks somehow. I bought her mainly for trail riding but i may show her in the future when she matures more. I love her to death already!

She is really pretty! I live in upstate NY too, in Watertown. Are you from my neck of the woods? It almost looks like dry hill or tug hill in the background of your photo!

Beautiful horse, you must be thrilled!

The pony in my signature, Faith is from Skipper bloodlines too. I was told that it's a popular bloodline in the west. The horses have great conformations, nice heads, a laid back sensible attitude and are easily trained. Also that Skipper is a popular bloodline in Paints and Appys because of the Plaudit influence.

With Faith, everything I was told about the Skipper lines is true. She is also very sweet and loves attention.

Mias Mom: I live in the Norwich, NY area. Its about 40 miles straight north of Binghamton. You are a little further north than i am, about 3 hours away from me.

Dondie: Yes, i do love this breeding line! Your Faith is beautiful too! Is she a grulla or is she going to be a gray? I love her color and she has that same beautiful head and build as mine does. I am very excited as this is my first show quality registered horse! Ive been working with her on verbal commands for w/t/c on the lunge line, since i think she has had minimal lunge line work and was mostly round penned. She is learning very fast and seems very smart and wanting to please me. She loves it when i praise her for a good job. Shes a really affectionate little mare too.

She is registered as a Grulla, and the pictures from when she was little; show the light silver on her nose & face and the sliver streak in her tail.

But I think she maybe gray, as there are silver hairs mixed into the body hair as well. Her sire is a Grullo paint and her dam is a raven black. Her half siblings are all Grulla paints. So :questionicon: I'm not really sure.

Her back legs aren't base wide like they look in the picture. She loves to get her face right into the camera and I kept having to flip my fingers in her face trying to get a picture of her whole body. The next instant she spun around and I got a picture of her eyeball close to the lens.

It will be interesting to see what color she ends up as. She might just stay as grulla only with a silver factor or be silver frosted. Regardless, i love her color and she is beautiful! Best of luck with her!