Fawnsmom

Anyone Live In Or Around Queens Creek Az

My sister is considering moving to Queens Creek . She has been doing a lot of searching online. Would like to know the goods and bads of the area . And also the goods and bads of owning horses there . She will be buying something that will allow her to have her two horses with her. Thanks in advance for any info .

Queen Creek is still a "small town," but it is developing FAST!!! There are some good farms available, still some AG happening, mostly farming. Quick drive to Tucson or Phoenix from there. Lotta horse folks. Definitely a dusty little desert town.... Couple of good feed/tack shops, one good hardware store and I think close enough to a Lowes/Home Depot.

Finn- maybe that was Queen Creek a few years ago, but Queen Creek now is a pretty busy place! The current population of Queen Creek is around 25,000 (in the year 2000 they had only 2,500!). My uncle lives in Queen Creek and is seconds away from multiple grocery stores, and basically anything else you can think of. The majority of "horse property" you look at in the Phoenix area is going to be very suburb-y. You're not going to get acres (unless you're loaded!), and are going to have to haul for any real trail riding. I remember about ten-ish years ago we could ride around some canals and to various neighborhoods around my uncle's house, but now everything's paved and there really aren't many places to wander.

If she's looking for that kind of feel, also have her check out Gilbert, which is also very populated by horse owners. They're a little bit bigger than Queen Creek though. They have their own rodeo grounds, but again you're going to have to haul for most riding.

I think I've been to Buckeye once in my life, and I believe it's still a relatively small desert town still. It'd probably be a better small town horse friendly environment if that's what she's looking for.

I defer to Dee-l as it has been probs 3 years since i was in QC. One of my closest, lifelong friends lives there, so if you need help - it's there!!!

How about Maricopa? It's still pretty much a small town, and still is not too far from Phoenix. Quite a few horse people there as well. It is located just south of Maricopa county in Pinal county. We pass by it on the way to Florence to visit the in-laws.

A board buddy who hasn''t posted in a long time lives in Gilbert and has a friend in Queen Creek, the very excellent trainer and horsewoman Wylene Wilson, who has appeared in some of Craig Cameron's competitions. Definitely some horse people around there. Google Wylene Wilson.

Another place to consider might be Apache Junction. A friend of mine spends his winters there and summers at a place along the Michigan Shore-to-Shore Trail. He says Apache Junction is very horse-friendly.