Sign in to follow this  
t_air_e_4286

Favorite Websites

SCspots, what's B+T?

I think I'm the only person who doesn't think that site's funny. Oh well. I don't like "The Office," either.

That site keeps me in stitches; while I rarely LOL at stuff on the internet, this site never fails me. (I must give credit to HeartFeltFarm for leading me to it) Within about 10 seconds, I'm genuinely, right out loud, unable to stifle, laughing.

I realize everybody's sense of HaHa is different, but the genuine shock and consternation expressed by the hapless victims of autocorrect just does me in.

example:

"Are you on your way?"

"Yes, I'll be home in about 15 minutes with the LSD!"

"Ahhhh" KIDS! Not LSD!!!

"That would have made for an interesting night, babe"

Now that's funny stuff.

(LC...I used to miss you, now my aim is better. *snork*)

Im just waiting for BW to open up again and someone to send me an invite... *grumpy* Too many fun people gone from here or left.... I dont want to put the time into figuring out a new "home" and people on it either so my interwebz is rather dull these days.

Im on Facebook alot...Kinda look at COTH. Seems so hard to get going on another BB....this was home...but alot of the family left. I love Craigslist and Ebay...danger!

Edited by Trinity

me? Not so interested in the BW - I have FB, HC and my work site, both the QC and the live one and tabs for other work apps. A few miscellaneous others, not interested in COTH, can't do much shopping at work so that's out. A very good friend keeps me up to date on the LOL site

I check my Yahoo e-mail, then Hotmail, then go play on Howrse for a few hours, next I check Spotted T's riding blog, then HC, and open a tab for FB. I wish I knew about BW before ya'll stopped takin' new memebers. :( I'd probably be on there every day too! Lol!

Lol, it doesn't work like an application form and then we accept you... someone has to suggest we invite someone (normally because we think they will be a great fit with others and will benefit the board as a whole) then the other members vote on it.

me? Not so interested in the BW - I have FB, HC and my work site, both the QC and the live one and tabs for other work apps. A few miscellaneous others, not interested in COTH, can't do much shopping at work so that's out. A very good friend keeps me up to date on the LOL site

Only cause you've never been invited [bat Eyelashes]

Char- not to turn this into a pissing match, but you weren't invited. I'm not sure what made you feel like you were. :confused0024: Not because we don't like you, but because we knew, by the position you hold, it would be conflicting.

barn boss - Technically you are right so I apologize for the wording... I was not officially invited but I was offered an invitation and I turned that down. Not because I don't like ya'll but because it was a conflict of interest and my loyalty to HC came first.

No worries! [Huggy]

barn boss - Technically you are right so I apologize for the wording... I was not officially invited but I was offered an invitation and I turned that down. Not because I don't like ya'll but because it was a conflict of interest and my loyalty to HC came first.

Of course you were [Huggy]

I didn't even know BW existed! =[ So that's where all the fun went.

Yeeeppp...and the rest of us sit on our thumbs. The big party left without us :( Just us boring ol small folk not good enough to get in the VIP room this round.

Well, as of this weekend I will now have REAL internet access.

But my faves are BW, Icanhascheezburger and it's relatives, ABN and HC.

Now and then I pop onto peopleofwalmart [shocked]

I still haven't taken the plunge into the drama of facebook.

Holy carp, did you guys have to tell those of us who had no idea about the auto correct site? I've been sitting here at work trying to watch a Live Meeting for our quarterly updates and I just keep reading the auto correct site giggling!!! That site is absolutely priceless!

I go on here, a local horse forum, fugly, FB and that's about it. I had read between the lines on a couple posts about BW (didn't know the name) so I was aware that there was another site where people were, but didn't know it was invite only.

Yeeeppp...and the rest of us sit on our thumbs. The big party left without us :( Just us boring ol small folk not good enough to get in the VIP room this round.

Hey Trin, it got crazy on here where folks were unfriending people, saying some nasty things, imagining stuff was being said when it wasn't, trying to get moles into the BW and to protect the current members it was decided to close it up for the time being.

I'm happy with our family over there, and I miss some of my HC friends who have decided to shun me because I like to hang out with other folks, but ya know what... it's them missing out.

Holy carp, did you guys have to tell those of us who had no idea about the auto correct site? I've been sitting here at work trying to watch a Live Meeting for our quarterly updates and I just keep reading the auto correct site giggling!!!

I love that site!

I wish I'd screencapped one that I got on my outlook one day - I had just digitized a signature and was sending the email out so that the testers knew where to find it, and the last name was "lambie." My spellcheck changed it to "labia." I've never been so happy that I re-read an email before sending before in my life.

hahahahaa!

Anyway, favorite sites -

COTH

CANTER (of course I'm updating it all the time)

the CANTER blogs (CANTER in the Carolinas, Calabria Rose, Dixie Rumble)

Hyperbole and a Half

Foodgawker

Hungry Mouse

Pharyngula

Lumosity

NPR

BBC

Bloodhorse

Paulick Report

I also am on equibase.com frequently. And three invite-only bulletin boards ... two HC spinoffs and a spinoff of a COTH spinoff. heh.

Edited by goldentoes

No worries! [Huggy]

I'm confused. I thought any invitation, or even any hint thereof, had to be cleared through the existing membership, unanimously. And that never happened with or on your behalf, Char. You were never invited, nor were you offered an invitation. (I actually don't quite get the difference between those two statements).

Wonder if we'll ever get to the bottom of this one.

Anyway, off to read some totally uncomplicated "damnyouautotext" stuff because really, I just want to laugh and enjoy the fact that I graduated from middle school not only chronologically, but also emotionally, a long, long time ago.

Edited for clarity. Wanted everybody to understand exactly what's being said, rather than continuing to send me PMs.

Edited by DraftHorse

Lol, it doesn't work like an application form and then we accept you... someone has to suggest we invite someone (normally because we think they will be a great fit with others and will benefit the board as a whole) then the other members vote on it.

Well, next time you guys are decidein' on new memebers just keep me in mind. I'm not a trouble maker (per say), but listen to what I'm told. Lol!

I'm confused. I thought any invitation, or even any hint thereof, had to be cleared through the existing membership, unanimously. And that never happened with or on your behalf, Char. You were never invited, nor were you offered an invitation. (I actually don't quite get the difference between those two statements).

Wonder if we'll ever get to the bottom of this one.

Anyway, off to read some totally uncomplicated "damnyouautotext" stuff because really, I just want to laugh and enjoy the fact that I graduated from middle school not only chronologically, but also emotionally, a long, long time ago.

Edited for clarity. Wanted everybody to understand exactly what's being said, rather than continuing to send me PMs.

Well I'm confused to ( gosh - it seems like a lot of bother to have to be screened and approved by everyone) but it doesn't really matter since I don't want to be over there anyway. I just had a conversation with one of the BW members who said she could get me invited if I wanted to be on the board. So I guess technically I wasn't 'officially' sent an invitation but I was invited to be invited. LOL

I still keep us with those of you that I'm friends with - I don't need a special board for that do I? [smiley Wavey]

( gosh - it seems like a lot of bother to have to be screened and approved by everyone)

I know, eh?! Must be worth it to the members, though, to go to all that trouble.

I am a member of many forums. Does not affect my loyalties to any certain one. I can post as I want or I can choice not to post at all. As long as I follow the forum rules. I am not stabbing anyone in the back.

South East Asia's Equestrian Centre - but it's very, very quiet just lately.

BW

HC - but not so much anymore

COTH - mainly to browse

FUGLY - once in a while

As far as "invitation only for BW" is concerned I had no idea I was even being considered. I received an email telling me I had been approved and I took a look and accepted. Most of the people I like were already there anyway. However my acceptance did cause some "ripples in the pond" on other web sites. Go figure! I never thought I was that important! Now I just enjoy the repartee and fun on BW. No drama - ever!

DH - Apparently it is.

Tuckie - I was just stating my views not casting aspirations on any one else's.. love you... [Huggy]

And I'm moving on... this is taking away from the OP.

See ya'll later! [smiley Wavey]

( gosh - it seems like a lot of bother to have to be screened and approved by everyone)

Screening criteria allow for harmonious functionality, as do sensible and visible rules.

I still keep us with those of you that I'm friends with - I don't need a special board for that do I? [smiley Wavey]

If you are actually friends, you don't even need the interwebs for keeping in contact! (off to text madly!)

Does it really matter who and who was not officially invited and how? geez :confused0024: It's like being uninvited or never being invited to my nieces tea party. But she's like 6.....

ANYway, I visit daily:

HC

CL

FB

weatherbug.com

Quite Frequently:

Fugly - not as much as I use to though'

CANTER

equine.com

COTH

We do so have drama!

When we're in the mood for it, we can be as dramatic as any Elizabethan actor; then we dust ourselves off, put our grow-up masks back on and carry on with life.

We do so have drama!

When we're in the mood for it, we can be as dramatic as any Elizabethan actor; then we dust ourselves off, put our grow-up masks back on and carry on with life.

Why can't we have a "like" feature???????

Does it really matter who and who was not officially invited and how? geez :confused0024: It's like being uninvited or never being invited to my nieces tea party. But she's like 6.....

[ROTFL]

How's Miss Rina? [smiley Wavey]

Does it really matter who and who was not officially invited and how?

the only think I can think of now is "let's not bicker and argue about who killed who" in an english accent.