Sign in to follow this  
SecretHavenFarm

Best Spray Bottle

My blm mustang chews everything, so I have to spray yucky spray on EVERYTHING.

But buying the premade yucky spray is expensive. So I have tried making my own, I know a common ingrediant is cheyenne pepper, So I bought some and mixed it with water in my spray bottle. I even let it sit for a few days hoping it would dissolve. Nope didnt even get one squirt out of the bottle, clogged right up.

So does anyone know of any spray bottle that dosent clog when the stuff inside is a little chunky? Or is there a way to get cheyenne to dissolve?

Tuff went through the "I want to chew everything" stage as well. I found what worked best, was to take some Pam cooking spray and spray the areas he was chewing with it. I would then sprinkle the pepper onto the cooking spray - the cooking spray gave something for the pepper to stick to. Perhaps this method will work better for you :)

Get some cheap paint or foam brushes and paint it on. A little cornstarch will make it thicker and easier to paint. Keep the brush in a ziplock bag and wear plastic gloves.

Our next door neighbor's horse was half beaver and this was the only way to keep our wood fences safe.

You can toss really hot chilies in the blender with some water & cornstarch for a diehard chewer. Wear goggles, long sleeves, and a small mask because the smell will make you cry.

Let the mixer sit for a week or so, shake it often, then strain it thru some cheese cloth before you put it in the bottle. :winking: That will fix your problem.

Edited by Mudder

Get some cheap paint or foam brushes and paint it on.

You can toss really hot chilies in the blender with some water & cornstarch for a diehard chewer. Wear goggles, long sleeves, and a small mask because the smell will make you cry.

OMG!! I'm picturing that right now. Poor thing crying as she's painting her fence, and the nasty thoughts going thru the neighbors minds. [Crazy] Maybe do this blending thing outside too. LMAO

Good idea mudder! Its been sitting for awhile now, ill go strain it!

I dont think im brave enough to try the really hot stuff, even in a nice conveiant spray bottle I always get the yucky spray on myself and it always makes it into my mouth! I can just imagine what would happen with that kind of stuff! [ROTFL]