Magikal_Wish

The Invitation

Mikey Chandler

Ohio State University

Mikey hefted the duffle bag from one shoulder to the other, kicking at the sand underneath his feet as he meandered down the side of the road, holding his cell phone as high into the air as possible, trying desperately to get some service so he could text Nova. The breeze cooled him down, thankfully, but he had already removed his shirt, and his normally alabaster skin was already picking up some color, accentuating his slim, muscled figure.

His blue eyes widened as he saw he finally had some service, and he flopped into the sand, pushing shoulder length brown hair away from his ear as he placed the call to Nova. "Nova, Nova, Nova, please have your phone, please have your phone..." Mikey chanted, fussing with the pocket on his cargo shorts as he waited for his friend to answer, so he could find out where he was going and just get there already.

"Well excuse me for not wanting to deal with a cranky Leila. I'd rather let you sleep than wake you up and get yelled at," Ashtyn stumbled out of the taxi and immediately felt Leila next to him. She was so good about making her presence known around him.

He could hear the waves crahsing on the shore not too far away. Maybe this summer would be fun. Maybe for once in his life, he'd a a social butterfly and actually make a couple friends. And maybe, just maybe, he'd tell Leila how he really felt about her. He'd been toying with the idea for quite some time now, but he chickened out every time he came face to face with her. Their friendship was not something he was willing to lose.

"Leila, must you?" Ashtyn groaned as Leila practically ripped his shoes right off his feet. He let his eet sink into the sand, and she was right. It did feel cool.

Ashtyn fumbled around for Leila's arm. He was a touchy feely guy, only because he was blind. Most people were turned off by that, but Leila seemed to be the only one that understood that he was not trying to cop a feel, but rather just seeking guidance.

They walked to the door together, and for the first time in a long time Ashtyn felt nervous. He couldn't remember the last time he went to a big get together when he wasn't with his band. There was something about performing on stage that Ashtyn thrived on. Not having to explain himself to anyone, where no one cared. They just wanted to hear good music. And over half the time those people were too drunk to care anyway. Being on stage was one out of two places he felt truely comfortable. The other being next to Leila.

Peyton greeted the late arrivals with the same enthusiam she'd had when she first walked in the door. When Leila finally arrived, she darted through their friends and practically tackled the other girl in a hug. She and Leila had always been close, and she'd been tuned in a little about the guy that Leila had brought along. After her reunion with Leila, she turned her attention to the guy next to her.

"Hi, I'm Peyton," she said, interested in getting to know the guy who had become such close friends with Leila.

Chase listened to the other guys introduce themselves and explain how they'd been invited on the trip. A dark haired green eyed girl bounced in the door and he instantly knew who the group flirt was. There was something about her that was so confident, as she acknowledged all the guys and then bounced her way to her friends, her sing-songy voice echoing through the foyer.

Dark blue eyes stared at Shawnie, Nova, and Tristian as Peyton tried to understand what was going on. Shawnie looked terrified, Tristian looked nervous, and Nova... well she looked stunning. Of course the other girl had been late. Looking over to check on Chase, she noticed his icy gaze on Nova as well. She smiled to herself. It was going to be so interesting, seeing who ended up hooking up with who and what other drama unfolded. Peyton was anxious to get all the introductions in order and figure out where everything was in the mansion Kennedy's family owned.

Nova just looked at the drama unfold, her eye brows furred in thought. Her full lips pursed a little and she flinched when her phone began to vibrate. She felt a pair of eyes on hers and quickly scanned the room and found a pair of ice blue eyes staring at her green ones. Her playful smirk returned to her lips, but she was once again distracted by her phone. Mikey. She smiled and quickly picked up, walking out of the awkwardly tense room. "MIKEY! Where are you? Actually don't answer that. Get to the house pronto!" Nova said not allowing him to get in a word before she quickly gave him the address and directions then hung up. Still standing outside the door, she allowed her eyes to look out the window at the beautiful beach scene. "Finally time to relax." She sighed and leaned against the door, still able to hear the quiet chatter from within.

Tristan watched as Shawnie ran out of the room and tilted his head in confusion. "...So am I leaving?" He asked the rest of the group. His eyes took in all the sights of the girls and understood why all the guys were here. Every single one of the girls was stunning, like Hollywood movie stunning. There shouldn't have been any way that so many beautiful girls were in the same house and all friends. "I promise to stay away from her if I can stay." He said and looked at Kennedy, who he only knew from Shawnie showing him her facebook. "I think it's up to you."

Ashtyn could tell by all the noise that there were a lot of people in the house. He kept ahold of Leila's arm as she greeted people, not letting go for his life. "Is someone crying?" He whispered to Leila. Because he was blind, his sense of hearing was about three times the normal human's hearing.

Ashtyn let his dark brown hair fall back into his eyes when he heard a girl introduce herself as Peyton. He had no idea if she was talking to him or not, but he assumed so since she was just talking to Leila. He tried to turn his head in her general direction and gave a slight smile. "I'm Ashtyn."

-------------

After a few minutes of sobbing in the other room, Shawnie gently wiped her tears away with the back of her hand. A huge wave of embarrassment washed over her as she realized what she had just done, keeping Tristan a secret from the girls. She should know better by now that keeping secrets from the girls would only make matters worse. Now she was sure everyone was miffed that she hadn't told them earlier, she'd basically lied to all their faces. And then of course Tristan would show up. She really, really loved him and knew it was going to be impossible for her to go back to him. Especially after his speech.

What have I done? she thought to herself. He was so genuine. He'd gone off on her before like how he had the previous night, but she was always the one crawling back to him simply because she needed a place to crash. She let her emotions get the better of her. She was totally confused, not sure if she wanted to go back to Tristan or not. She knew the right thing to do was to leave him for good, but no matter how hard she tried she just couldn't picture herself without him.

Shawnie flipped her phone out of her pocket and scrolled through all the names until she got to Tristan and sent him a text.

Can we discuss this over the phone? It was seeing him face-to-face that scared her more than anything.

Edited by Wild Horse Feathers

"Um heck yes I'm excited! Spending a summer on the beach sounds amazing! And you all seem like great girls, at least from what I've heard from Ang anyways. I'm excited to put faces to names finally." Sean grinned at Storm, then let his gaze wander around the room. No one could deny these girls were gorgeous. All of them.

Sean watched as Shawnie left the room. He was expecting the first greetings to go over smoothly; everyone saying hi and hugging and introducing each other. It was the first time they'd seen each other in so long, and it was naturally assumed that there would be no drama. And here it was. They could say they started the summer with a bang anyways...

Edited by Ms.Macho

Kennedy nodded in agreement when Emily mentioned how long the flight was; it was one of the few disadvantages to the home. Her brow knitted together in curiosity when Shawnie raised her voice, who had accused her of it being anything worse than that? But the girl was in front of her only a few seconds later suggesting a party, and Kennedy couldn't help but let out a soft chuckle. "Way ahead of you girl," she assured her calmly. Kennedy was a planner, nothing about the summer had a detail missing from it; they would be doing all kinds of fun things during the day.

She glanced around as someone suggested a tour, that would start as soon as everyone else got there, which would be shortly. Before she could say that, everyone else got there and there was once again a mass bundle of chaos and hugs. Though everything came to a halt as soon as one of the guys, Shawnie's boyfriend, she thought, made some sort of speech. Kennedy fingered her hair in distaste. Really? They'd only been there for a matter of minutes. At least no one was bored.

When Shawnie left the room and the guy turned to her, Kennedy felt her golden eyes widening slightly. She didn't want to be responsible for this decision; it wasn't part of the plan. Her eyes slipped around to everyone else's faces, namely Grant's, trying to gauge his reaction, but he simply shrugged. No help at all.

"I mean, she didn't bring you, Nova did, right? So, as long as Nova's okay with it, and you keep your 'temper' in check, I don't really care," she said, her face and voice calm and collected. Turning her attention back to the group, she raised her voice, "Alright, we can do a tour and you guys can figure out where you're sleeping and all that jazz. It shouldn't take long. Then around six there's going to be dinner in the dining room and later some sort of party on the beach."

-----

Grant glanced toward the guy who asked them why they were there. He listened as the guys pointed out their 'best friends', easily depicting who was really just friends and who wasn't. "My friend from school is the hostess," he said, nodding towards Kennedy who was talking, in her easy, confident manner to the girl with a black eye. He didn't deal with girl drama well, which was one of the reasons he had gravitated toward Kennedy. While she was everyone's favorite person on campus and wouldn't be mean to anyone, she was low key and undramatic in everything she did.

He took an opportunity to survey the room, noting how attractive all the girls were, though it was impossible for him to zero in on any one in particular. When a new guy entered the room and made a speech, Grant rolled his eyes at what he was saying. You don't ever hit a girl. Ever. And then come on a trip where she and her best friends are going to be, it's silly. When the guy turned toward Kennedy, asking for permission to stay, he had to resist the urge to move to her side. Through the year, at different parties, he had acted as Kennedy's bodyguard in a way, and it was unnatural for him to just stand there. But when she sought his opinion with her eyes, he simply shrugged, his blue eyes equally as uncomfortable as hers were.

He listened to her verdict, feeling like it was alright, though he would prefer if the guy were simply gone. Grant moved to her side when she suggested a tour, quietly squeezing her arm to reassure her that she had made the right choice. He knew that she liked to host different things at school, and that leading people around wasn't a problem for her.

Emily stood still throughout the confrontation between Shawnie and her boyfriend (ex?), her brow furrowed in confusion as she struggled to keep up with what was happening. The black eye wasn?t from lacrosse, but this Tristan guy? And Nova had actually brought him to the island? What was she thinking? How could she do that to Shawnie? When her friend fled to another room, Emily hesitated, wondering what would happen next. But when Tristan asked to stay, she slipped out of the room in search of Shawnie. Tristan wouldn?t be allowed to stay. She was confident that her friends would kick him out and figured that it would be best to leave that discussion to people who actually had the nerve to stand up to him.

Emily let herself into the room and sat at Shawnie?s side. Gently, she wrapped an arm around the girl?s shoulders. Em wasn?t sure what to say, or if her friend even wanted to talk about it. But she wanted to make sure she knew that Emily would be there for her whenever she needed it. No matter what.

---

?I?m here with-? Brett began, then hesitated. What was he supposed to say here? The other guys had described their friends easily. And the adjectives made it easy to figure out which girl was which. But Emily was more difficult. To say he was there with the plain one would have sounded callous, and while to describe her as the shy one would have given it away in a different crowd, she was actually talking to the girl that had been introduced as Kennedy. In the end he just nodded to her, ?Emily. We?re-? Again, he paused, unsure of how to fill in the blank. He had been about to say that they weren?t really friends. But that would be weird considering that Brett had been invited on the trip. ?We run together.?

When the commotion at the door started, Brett turned to watch, grateful for a distraction. He wasn?t entirely sure what was going on, and he wasn?t sure that it was even any of his business. He was simply an observer. When Kennedy spoke, Brett stood and headed for the door where he had dropped his bags. He lifted them to his shoulders and glanced around the room. Em was gone. He wasn?t sure where she?d disappeared to, but he was sure that she?d turn up eventually. So he simply stood by himself, feeling awkwardly alone as he waited for the tour to begin.

Kaylee watched the Shawnie and Tristian drama unfold infront of her, when Shawnie ran off she passed by the door before she slid through the group of people. "You're lucky i havn't ripped your head off by now" she growled to Tristian as she passed, angry green eyes looking into his. Kaylee always had a tough exterior, it was how she protected herself and others. She headed into the room where Emily and Shawnie were "nice baseball ya got there" she teased lightly before she sat beside her and looked to her, hand squeezing her arm gently.

She looked to Emily before looking back at Shawnie as she watched her reaction. She knew if she had an abusive boyfriend she would probably be shattered on the floor and wouldn't have the strength Shawnie had right now. When Kaylee got upset she tried her hardest to keep it within, but she always failed. Not Shawnie though, she could bite a bullet if she had to. "You're here with your girls now honey, it'll be ok" she said softly.

---

Logan watched as everyone arrived, When Tristian arrived his eyes never left the quaral with him and Shawnie. "This summer is going to be..uh.." he said as he struggled for the right word. He could never understand how a guy could hit a girl, Logan had a temper but he would never take it out in that way. He fought the urge to go over and punch Tristian to see how he liked the feeling but he didn't want to make the scene bigger than it already was so he let it be.

Peyton's enthusiastic greeting brought a bright smile to Leila's face, and she hugged her friend back, then pressed two fingers to the inside of Ashtyn's wrist as Peyton introduced herself. When Ashtyn introduced himself, Leila turned her smile up to him and added, "Ashtyn's pretty much my saving grace when it comes to everything. But what's going on? There can't already be drama, can there?"

When Ashtyn asked her if someone was crying, Leila paused, taking a head count of all the girls. "We're missing...we're missing Shawnee and Emily and-" she cut herself off, as she was in the habit of doing, as Kaylee slipped out of the room and disappeared. "And Kaylee just up and disappeared too. Who's upset? What did we miss?"

Mikey, meanwhile, was trudging up the long driveway, pulling his shirt back on, wincing at the sunburnt patches on his shoulders. His phone call to Nova had been rushed and hurried and all too brief, and Mikey wasn't even sure he had reached the right house. But then he heard a kind of general commotion of talking and maybe a bit of confrontation, and his gut told him this was the house. With so many girls, Mikey expected it to be a loud, exuberant, and moody summer.

Nonetheless, he knocked on the door, wondering briefly what he was going to do if Nova didn't answer.

Shawnie quickly slipped her phone closed and put it in her front jeans pocket. She was half-hoping no one would come after her so she could talk to Tristan, but half hoping someone would come to talk her out of it. She rested her head on Em's shoulder and said, "This isn't my fault, you know. I was really hoping to leave all the drama back in Ohio." She sniffed and wiped her nose with the back of her hand. "I thought for sure he wouldn't show up here."

Shawnie lifted her head off of Em's shoulder to see who else was coming through the door. Kaylee, of course. Blonde hair fell into her face as the tears began to flow again and she let her head fall back onto her friends shoulder. "He's the only guy who's ever looked my way. In case you haven't noticed, I'm not exactly girlfriend material. I mean look at me." She stretched her legs out and with her hands, gestured toward the rest of her body. "I'm 4'10" and weigh 135 pounds. That's ideal weight for someone like 5'10". And I can beat up like half the guys in the world. No guy wants to date a girl that can beat them up. Tristan is not in that 50 percent, he's just...huge." She looked at both of her friends. "And it doesn't help that every single one of my friends are drop dead gorgeous." She gave a small smile through her tears and let her head fall on Kaylee's shoulder now.

"I still love him." It was stupid, and Shawnie knew it, for her to love someone who abused her. But how was she supposed to help it? You can't control how you feel about someone. "Part of me wants him to stay, just to see if he meant what he said just now. But the other part of me wants him to leave and never see him again."

"Hold up, I did not bring him here." Nova said as she re-entered the room. "He was invited way before I ran into him on the plane. I brought a really good friend of mine, Mikey who is-" Nova was cut off by the sound of sharp knocks on the door. "Finally here!" Nova squealed and ran out of the room, her bare feet barely making noise and she ran to the door and threw it up, throwing herself onto Mikey in a large hug.

Tristan sent Shawnie a text back, I don't understand why we can't do it face to face if we are in the same house. But whatever you want. Please convince them not to kill me. Tristan flinched as another girl walked by and made a remark that stung. Tristan had been a horrible boyfriend in the past and wasn't even looking to get Shawnie back, he just wanted everything to be civil. "I promise to keep my temper. I really didn't think me being here would cause such an uproar or I would have stayed at home. I apologize." Tristan said.

OCC: No offence but I think we should get this thing moving, like through the introductions and such. Just so it doesn't die while its still the first day there.

Sabine

As Kaylee made her entrance a smirk enveloped on her facial features noting that Kaylee had hooked arms with her. It was good to see her again. Hearing her cohort question about thier flight to the paradise island, Sabine couldn't help but smirk, " everything was perfect, minus the gate raping" she retorted with a slight huff in her feminine voice. Reffering to the new TSA with unwanted patdowns, was something Sabine loathed any time she traveled. It wasn't long before, so it seemed, that everyone had arrived the hustle and bustle and gaggles of girls greeting thier long lost companions. However it didn't take long for drama to erupt from the assembly of both the guys and girls. Turning her head to the sound that eminated from one of the boys, who seemed to be talking to Shawnie. Sabine could only watch in silence as the event unfolded before pretending not to have seen it, yet everyone else had.

Sabine's attention soon averted from the brupt chaos of the couple, in which she heard somebody say "party". Now that was something Sabine would not turn down, with almost a twinkle in her hazel eyes, widening with the speaking of it, she was up for anything. As Kaylee was way of head of the unnamed girl who had spoke of one, Sabine couldn't wait till evening fell. But then again any soiree that she was a part of started before the crack of night fall. Yes Sabine was def a party girl, but not the out of control party girls that was seen amougnst her crowd back in New York. However she did like to have fun. Already Sabine had conjoured thoughts of the perfect party outfit that she had stashed in her luggage.

ooc: will put up Dean's post fairly shortly, must clean my room, bleh!

OOC: I agree, it's getting hard to write about them kinda standing around. What if we skip through the introductions/tour and fast forward to that night when they go out or whatever?

Storm stood slightly off to the side of the party, grinning as she watched the group. She'd spent the better part of the last hour dancing with her friends, and, well, everyone there. She loved parties, she loved to dance, and she loved the parties her friends threw. She'd never been much of a planner, her organizational skills were zilch, but she could put together a playlist that everyone would love. Music was her thing, and it always had been.

She swayed her hips as she made her way over to get a drink, dodging through people easily. She knew Leo'd be trying to keep an eye on her, whch was, in part, part of the reason she was moving through the thickest part of the crowd. She appreciated his concern, but she didn't need a babysitter. Especially not when she was around her friends.

She stopped when she bumped into Grant. She hadn't actually had a conversation with him yet, so she figured she may as well say hi.

"Hey" she smiled, looking up at him. She was trying to remember anything Kennedy'd mentioned about him, but couldn't think of anything.

ooc: I'll post for Leo later

Edited by GeneralMyBaby

OCC: I finally got back on to my old account!!!! Would it be easier for you all if I stayed absolute commander?

OOC: Twizzler..stay as twizzler, i always wonder who the abso..whatever one is lol twizzler is simpler.

BIC:

Kaylee was bursting with energy. She was on her fourth cooler and although she was by all means no lightweight she was feeling the warmth of the alcohol in her system and was all smiles, not that she hadn't been all day, and she was dancing and partying like she was well known for at home. Her hips swayed with the music even when she was just standing and talking. Since she was in such a good mood she allowed Logan to be his usual self around her and was encouraging affection even though she knew it would bite her the next day. She really did care about him and like him alot...but she would never let him know.

She made her way to where Sabine was standing around and walked up to her, lightly hip checking her in the side. "Hey chicklet, how have you been! we havn't talked as much lately as I would like" she said in a light happy tone. Kaylee had changed from her travel clothes into her dark wash and white stitched Miss Me jeans, a red V neck t-shirt, her favourite heart necklace that, dare she admit it Logan bought her a month ago from Tiffany. She had on tall black heels and had light but eye catching make up on. Kaylee loved getting dressed up, since she rarely did it.

--

Logan's mood had gone from happy to over the moon happy, his night was made when Kaylee started being affectionate to him. He forced himself to play hard to get and let her wander and dance with her girls as he hung out with the guys. He was dying to be attatched at her hip and dancing with her and kissing her but he figured he'd hold himself back. "The partys here are amazing, the beach in sight, the salty air and the warmth..ah, love it" Logan said to the guy that was standing beside him at the moment. It happened to be Leo. "What do you do for hobbies?" he asked before he took a sip of his beer.

Peyton's contagious giggle whispered into Chase's ear as she tried, for the third time, to tell him something. At this point, she was laughing too hard to form proper sentences, so he just rubbed her back lightly, shaking his head. He couldn't help but smile. Here they were, in the Caribbean, partying, surrounded by gorgeous people, and it was only the first night. Peyton was back to her goofy drunken self, so he knew she was okay.

Lately, she hadn't wanted to drink or really do a lot since the break up and it had concerned Chase. Peyton was somewhat withdrawn when around new people, but once she was comfrotable she became a lot more outgoing. Since the break up, she'd withered away, returning to her withdrawn self even with those she knew around. It was relief that she was outgoing and goof again, even if part of it had to do with the alcohol.

"I'm gonna get another drink," Chase let Peyton know as he walked off in search of another beer. He remained near the bar area, ice colored eyes wandered as he people watched. He was trying to put names to faces, or at least the ones he could remember. Remembering names had always been something he'd been terrible at, but he was so used to the awkward reintroductions that he didn't mind it anymore.

As Chase wandered away, Peyton grabbed her drink from where it had been sitting and took another sip. She wasn't sure what number she was on, but she wasn't gone, just feeling good. A finger twirled a long brown curl and it bounced as she pulled on it and released it. Her white, one shoulder shirt hugged her slender frame and showed off the tan she had left from summer, the one that had been aided by tanning beds. She didn't frequent them, but used them as a booster for situations like these. She'd put on her favorite pair of MEK jeans, the bold white stiching contrasted against the dark denim. Her heels were high, boosting her up from her natural height of five foot four. Feet ached from dancing, but she had been having a blast with her friends, just laughing and dancing to their favorite songs, old and new. She stood in search of someone interesting to go talk to.

OCC: Twizzler it is then.

Nova giggled with excitement as she bounced away from the massive group of dancing bodies. OSU is known as the party school and it basically part of the application that you have to be able to party and hold your own. Thankfully Nova wasn't a light weight and it took quite a bit to get her buzzed. She was slowly making her way there and the soft sand wasn't helping with her coordination. Her coordination wasn't good in general, but the effects of the alcohol didn't help matters. She walked to the drink table and opened a bottle of water to make sure she kept herself hydrated. Nova noticed Chase standing by the table and smiled to herself. She quickly sauntered over to him and leaned against the table casually, not seductively. She swiped a strand of black hair out of her eyes and looked at the people still dancing and having a good time. She stood at about 5'6" and was clad in dark blue jeggings and a white v neck top. She had lost her shoes hours ago, but wasn't too worried about it. She was sure that she would find them in the morning. "So you enjoying your first night here?" Nova asked and looked at Chase out of the corner of her eye. If Nova was good at one thing, it was being a flirt.

Leo'd been searching the crowd for Stom. He hadn't drank much, this was only his second beer. He drank socially rather than because he liked to. Partially from a habit formed from feeling he needed to have his wits about him when going anywhere with Storm. She had no qualms about drinking whatever quantity she pleased.

He heard someone speaking and turned his attention away from the crowd to realize it was him being addessed by the guy standing next to him. He smiled at his comment and took a sip of his drink.

"All the girls certainly don't hurt either" he commented with a grin. "I surf when I can, snowboard in the winter. You?" He said in answer to Logan's question about his hobbies.

While everyone else was off partying, Shawnie was standing off to the side of everyone watching. Far enough away that she didn't have to really be a huge part of the party, but close enough that no one would question her. On any other given day, Shawnie would be the one the most drunk out of anyone and flirting with guys until she passed out. But she didn't trust herself, or anyone else, to do that today. And she just wasn't in the mood. Watching some of the girls practically falling on top of eachother, Shawnie knew one of them would have to stay sober to hold the drunken girls' hair while they threw up all night.

She wasn't wearing the most flattering outfit, just a plain black T-Shirt that Tristan had given her a few months back, a pair of black leather flip flops, and a pair of ripped up skinny blue jeans that she should not have been wearing considering her chunk. Her hair was pulled back into a high pony tail held together with a silver elastic band.

Shawnie finally braved the crowd as she pushed through dancers in search of Tristan. Why was she looking for Tristan? She honestly didn't know. She was being stupid, and she knew that. But he was like her addiction. No matter how hard he hit her, no matter how loud he yelled at her, she still always wanted to be with him.

A different voice caught Chase's attention and he turned his focus to where the voice came from It was the dark haired girl from earlier, Nova. It was one of the names Chase had definitely remembered, the one with all the confidence. Just from the look on her face, it was easy to tell she was a huge flirt. He looked her over quickly as she spoke and noticed her missing shoes and the fact that she was holding a water instead of a different drink.

He nodded his head a little as he answered her question, "yea, I definitely am," he grinned as he looked down at the bright eyed girl. Taking a sip from the can he held, he paused before speaking again, "what about you? Enjoying yourself?"

"Very much so." Nova replied with a smile noticing how he looked her up and down. "Just making sure I stay hydrated, before I continue my shananagins." She looked up at him and got caught in his eyes for a moment. She quickly turned her head with a light blush. Nova was a big flirt, but never let it get too carried away. It was sort of awkward that she was hitting on one of her friend's friend, but then again at moment she didn't really care. "Would you care to dance with me?" Nova asked as one of her favorite songs came on. She let her bottom lip puff out a little in a pout, but you could tell it was all in fun.

Tristan sat close enough to the party that he could still watch all the action, but far enough away so that he could think. Things were awkward for him in the house at the moment, but he hoped that it would die down as soon as everyone got to know him. He couldn't blame them for judging his cover first, he would to. To hit a girl was strictly against guy code and his Italian temper didn't help matters. Soon a short figure that he knew could only by Shawnie walked through the crowd. He wanted to talk to her, but didn't want to scare her. Look to your left. I would like to talk to you, but only if you want. Tristan sent the text and let his eyes follow her, waiting for her to see the text. He would be able to judge by her expression what she was feeling.

Kaylee left her girls to go meet the guys they had toted along with them. She noticed Logan talking to Leo so she avoided that corner, she was very happy that he wasn't being clingy right now and was giving her space. Brownie points for him. She scanned the group as she sipped her drink, she had lost count on how many she had, she felt the alcohol and the buzz but she knew she could drink way more and be fine in the morning. Her eyes finally landed on Tristian, who sat alone, although she hated him, she wanted to talk to him nicely so that he knew where he stood among them, or at least among Kaylee. She slipped through the crowd quickly and easily and stood infront of him. "I come in peace, im not going to kill you, but can we talk so that i don't punch you in the face with no warning?" she said with a little hint of threat.

Kaylee hated when someone hurt any of her friends, she was protective and sometimes a little too over protective but eventually she did back down. She stood before him, weight resting on her left hip as she swayed slightly. She tried her best to stay calm and happy, and it was working. She had liquid courage in her, was still her normal self but was also in the greatest mood ever. This all tied in to give her the guts and the restraint to talk to a guy that had the mindset and temper to hit a woman.

--

Logan looked over to Leo "Surf, Snowboard, and I rebuild vehicles and race off road rally cars" he laughed as he watched everyone. His eyes landed on Kaylee and watched as she walked through the crowd and over to Tristian. He tightened up slightly as he kept an eye on them, he wasn't worried about anything happening between them but he was worried that he would turn Kaylee into another Shawnie, and he didn't want to have to beat anyone up here.

Angela's bright green eyes scanned the crowd excitedly, watching for the girls -- and their guy friends. She loved Sean, but they had a whole summer to explore their options. And while she would never intentionally get with one of the guys if they were together with her friends, she knew most of them were not in a relationship, so most were fair game. Again, not intentionally. But with the large amount of gorgeous people in their group, anything really could happen. As her eyes landed on Sean sitting easily next to her, though, she realized nothing she had seen yet compared with his amazing personality.

Angela hadn't had anything to drink yet that night; in fact she'd never gotten legitimately drunk. With the amount of alcoholism prevalent in her family, she was scared she would become one of them, and she never found it worth it to risk that. She didn't want to become what they were, she didn't want to put people she loved through that. But she pushed those thoughts away from her mind as she glanced towards the dance floor. She was content with just sitting there watching everyone's antics, at least until something better came up. Dancing wasn't exactly her idea of insane fun. She found it much more exciting to watch everyone.

Her eyes landed on Shawnie. The girl didn't look like she was enjoying herself too much, and Angela was about to go to her when she began moving towards the crowd. In the general direction of Tristan. Angela didn't want to pry, but she didn't like the looks of Tristan, and she didn't at all stand for what he'd done to Shawnie. He disgusted her, to put it simply, and she couldn't get why the other girl kept wanting to talk to him. Right then and there wasn't the place to talk about anything though, so she leaned back against the bar and sighed. If anything, this was going to be one crazy summer.

[i'll post for Sean later]

Shawnie had no idea why she kept going back to him. It was like she couldn't control herself. She knew there were other guys out there in the world that would treat her way better than Tristan did, and yet, all she wanted was Tristan.

She was having a hard time sifting through all the people trying to find Tristan, until she finally gave up and tore her pants and over sized shirt off, revealing a black and red sports bikini. She couldn't bring herself to wear a string bikini with her body shape. She started heading towards the water until her phone started blaring. Text message from Tristan. She glanced to her left to see Tristan off to the side of the party, just like she was. He obviously wasn't in the mood for a good party either, and probably for the same reason.

"I'm really sorry," she snuck up behind him and put a hand on his shoulder. "I shouldn't have yelled at you in front of everyone like that. I should have at least done it in private." She gave a small smile. She was extremely nervous, but hopefully she was hiding it well. She had no earthly idea how he was going to react to her wanting to talk to him, but she didn't care. All she wanted to do was be with him. Even with all her girls around. She wanted him.

Shawnie looked up when she heard a voice coming from behind. "It's okay Kaylee." Her and the rest of her friends were bound to kill her for this. They would ask a million questions. And Shawnie wouldn't have the answer to a single one except, "I love him." That is, if Tristan took her back. There was a huge chance he wouldn't after what she'd put him through.

Kennedy maneuvered easily through the people, her body slightly sticky from the heat but she was laughing. The parties at Brown had always been wonderful, but partying with her girls and a bunch of guys she didn't know at all was even better. She had danced with Grant and with another guy who's name she couldn't recall right then and, of course, just with the girls. Her frame was emphasized, but not exposed, in the dark brown dress. Her tanned feet and legs were bare with sand caked up along her thighs and her hair was pulled over one shoulder to give her neck a chance to breathe.

Dinner had been fairly successful, minus the obvious tension toward Tristan. And she wondered briefly if it had been a mistake letting him stay. Her golden eyes flickered around the flames from the bonfire momentarily before looking for Grant. When she saw him talking to Storm, she instantly began looking for someone else, who wasn't dancing. Her lips parted into a smile when she saw Ang.

"Ang!" she said, her voice a few decibels higher than normal, as she sat down beside the girl. Kennedy crossed her legs over one another, turning slightly towards the girl with her wide, energetic smile, "Are you having fun?"

-----

Grant released Kennedy after a few dances, grinning from the energy that swelled around him. He loved parties, they were so fun and uplifting. He stopped moving when one of the girls approached him. "Hi," he said with his warm smile, though he couldn't remember her name. Names were not something he was good with and it proved for many awkward social situations. The only names he remembered were a few of the guys, Peyton, Emily and Sabine; namely because his sister's name was Emily, Peyton was that girl off One Tree Hill which Kennedy had forced him to watch, and Sabine was a name he had never heard before.

"How's it going?" he asked, walking with her towards the bar that Kennedy had set-up on the beach. His white button up fit loose and the first few buttons were off. Combined with his comfortable khaki shorts, he looked like he had just stepped out of a JCrew catalog. Grant grabbed the handle of bourbon and skillfully poured himself a shot, glancing at the girl to see if she wanted one. He hadn't had a lot to drink, but that was only because he didn't want to put himself in the situation where he would hook up with one of Kennedy's best friends. That wouldn't go over well.