Magikal_Wish

The Invitation

Peyton spotted Logan and Leo casually talking and made her way through the crowd of her friends to the two gys. Both looked somewhat bored and like they were making awkward small talk, so she decided to see what the two were discussing. On her way over, she slid her heels off her feet, holding them in her left hand. She racked her brain as she walked over to them. Logan was Kaylee's obsessive friend and Leo was Storm's good friend, or at least, that was what she could remember.

Reaching the two guys, she smiled, "enjoying yourselves?" She had finished off her drink, but she still held the empty cup. Her eye make up had been strategically put on, making her dark blue eyes stand out.

--

Chase nodded lightly as she acknowledged his questioning glance at the water bottle she held. His eyebrows raised in a joking manner. He completely understood, and respected a girl who knew her limits and kept herself from getting too out of control and drunk. The song changed and Nova seemed to light up. He couldn't resist the chance to dance, especially with the flirt of the group who also happened to be quite the looker. Her fake pout practically teased him. Offering a fake groan, he pretended like dancing with her was something she'd forced him into.

"I guess dancing with you wouldn't be completely terrible," he flashed her his bright smile, taking her by the hand and leading her out to where everyone else was dancing. He wondered how Peyton would react to the flirting and dancing going on between him and on of her best friends. He figured she'd been fine with it, but it was territory they'd never crossed. He didn't let it stop him though, they could deal with it later.

Emily sat by the bonfire, a small smile on her face as she watched her friends dancing and having fun. A half empty bottle of beer, the same bottle she had been nursing all night, sat buried in the sand beside her. She had never been much of a party person. She had gone out with the girls, of course, in high school. But she had always been too scared of getting caught to actually drink or have fun. In college, the only parties Em had been to were the pasta parties Brett hosted before meets where they played drinking games with Gatorade.

As always, Emily was dressed simply. A soft flannel button down with the sleeves rolled up to her elbows covered a simple tank top and was paired with a worn pair of denim shorts. Her curls were pulled back (mostly) in a messy pony tail that hung at the nape of her neck. She probably should have been warm in a flannel shirt, but Emily was always freezing- even when most people were sweating buckets she was most comfortable bundled up in a hoodie or sweats.

---

Brett followed the sounds of the others back to the beach. He?d gone back to the house for a bit to return a couple phone calls but now he was ready to party. So ready that he had even left his phone in the house. He stood in the edge of the light cast by the bon fire, his hazel eyes surveying the group for a minute. There seemed to be a handful of people dancing, but it was such a small group that Brett figured it would be weird to join in. Others had begun to separate into pairs to talk. Emily sat alone, of course, and he considered joining her. But they had spent the day together, awkwardly not talking, and Brett actually wanted to have fun.

He wandered to the improvised bar and grabbed himself a drink. A game of beirut would have been good maybe. Or flip cup. Or kings. Anything really, because you didn?t really need to know each other to have fun with a drinking game. But he wasn?t in the mood to lead or be organized. So Brett wandered over to where Kennedy had started a conversation with another girl, ?I know I am,? He grinned, answering her question even though he knew it was meant for Angela. ?It was really great of you to do all this, by the way.?

Nova giggled with a smile and allowed Chase to lead her to a spot to dance. "I mean if you don't want to dance we don't have to. I wouldn't want to bother you." Nova said with a smirk and slightly turned to hide her face. She was in full flirt mode and had yet to think about what would happen if she ended up hooking up with Chase or any of the guys here for that matter. She couldn't really remember which ones were taken and which weren't. Though she had a feeling if they were taken they wouldn't be a huge flirt. Nova began to sway her hips slightly to the music, taunting him to come closer.

Tristan jumped a little when Shawnie came over and laid her hand on him. Tristan flinched at Kaylee's words and hung his head. "No I deserve everything these people can throw at me. I hurt you when I never should have. I take after my father when it comes to my previous actions and I hate myself for it. I never wanted to be like him, but I become more like him every day. Shawnie I don't deserve your love or your kindness. They all hate me, heck I even hate me! I don't know how you can still love me after what I've done. I love you too, but I don't trust myself to be with you right now." Tristan said and a single tear made it's way down his face. He had thought long and hard about this and had decided that if this went like he had planned, he was just going to leave. "I want to leave, but I don't want to upset you anymore than I already have."

OCC: I have NO clue as to what to do with Tristan. I figured its easier to get rid of him then everyone hate and not trust him. I don't know though.

ooc: Magikal, i'm assuming Grant is talking to Sabine correct? And i think i just wept a little inside. i had a post all made out for Sabine, and my computer decided to be a butt and wiped out everything I had written. I'm quite upset. ): But i'll attempt to repost what I had written, or something similar to it, in a little bit.

ps. hope everyone is having a WONDERFUL Christmas!

As Nova fake pouted, he found them a somewhat empty space on what could be called the dance floor. She slowly started moving to the beat of the music and he couldn't help but follow her lead. "Dancing with you isn't a bother," he reassured her as a hand met her waist, gently pulling her a little closer to him as they started dancing. Chase had forgotten about Peyton completely in dancing with one of her best friends. The brunette was doing just fine without him, so she wasn't his biggest concern at the moment.

Chase was overall a very carefree person, but something about being at the beach with all these new people made him forget about eveything else. The alcohol probably helped too. He fit into new situations quite easily, plus, he was a flirt and always got what he wanted with girls. He'd learned early how to be charming, but never really got close to girls. And if he did, like he had wth Peyton, it was never in a relationship, just a very close friendship.

Edited by -Still Raining-

[[Dusky, it was Storm, she talked to him first. But if you want to put her near the bar, she can most certainly participate in the conversation :)]]

"I'm so glad!" Kennedy enthused eagerly, turning to whoever had spoken. When Kennedy drank she tended to get, happy. Almost floaty. And it tended to be catching or irritating depending on the person's mood. Her smile brightened when she saw Brett. Emily hadn't told her much about the kid, only that he was her running partner for the summer and that was why she was bringing him. "Thanks, it was fun planning it." Lie number one of the summer. She had a little fun planning it, but not a lot. It'd been a lot of work and had cut into her time at Brown. While she couldn't be happier to be on the beach right then, planning it had been a pain; and she liked planning events.

She pushed her curls around her face to the other side, her eyes casually slipping along Brett's frame, noting the lean build. "You run cross country, right? With Em?" Kennedy took a sip of the mixed drink in her hand, not entirely sure what all was in it, she just knew that it was making her happy. That the whole experience was making her happy.

Leo listened to Logan's reply and nodded thoughtfully. He'd really never had the coordination for rebuilding things. Or the patience. He preferred things that took more movement and less brain power. He wasn't exactly a jock, but he did like most sports, to a degree.

"Cool" he answered. He followed Logan's glance to Tristan and Kaylee. ?ess you can't have a group of women without drama of some sort" he commented.

His gaze searched the crowd again, locating her near the makeshift bar with one of the other guys. He couldn't remember who the guy was, but knew he'd keep a close eye on him and Storm. He was incredibly protective, maybe even a bit possesive of her.

Storm smiled and nodded at his questioning glance. "Please" she said. For a small person, she could hold her alcohol well, usually surprising people.

"It's going good" she answered, leaning her hip against a chair that had been set out randomly. "I've even managed to evade my babysitter" she grinned, referring to Leo.

Blue eyes quickly scanned the people for him, but didn't see him. Maybe he'd already left? It would be unlike him to leave a party, especially onr that Storm was at, but stranger things had happened...She shrugged away these thoughts and turned her attention back to Grant, flashing him a smile. "How's it going for you?" she asked

Nova giggled and allowed Chase to bring her closer. "I just wanted to make sure. While we're here, wanna tell me about yourself?" Nova asked over the pumping bass. Her hips moved readily with Chase and the music. Her care free spirit was at its height and she loved how happy every one was. She thrived off the good vibes and hoped that it would stick for the rest of their stay. Nova tended to avoid all drama and didn't like to start it either. Most of her friends in college were guys, because they tended to avoid drama.

Nova did let her eyes scan the crowd for Mikey, but upon not seeing him figured that he had found some one else. Then again if Mikey was alone she would have found some one to talk to him. Nova wasn't a baby sitter and figured that he could find new friends on his own. Nova then spotted Shawnie, Tristan and Kaylee aside from the party and rolled her eyes. It was really none of her business and she wasn't a huge fan of what Tristan did, but she understood a bad temper. She had a horrible temper if some one could bring it out. Couldn't everyone just have fun? She sure was, especially with Chase.

OOC: I think I'm going to drop this... I really don't want to but I'm going to be ridiculously busy the next few weeks and I don't think I'll be able to focus enough on this. sorry! =/

Logan looked to Peyton as she walked up to him and Leo. "Oh of course, how about you?" he asked with a smile. He couldn't get over how every single girl here was gorgeous and no matter how hard he tried, he couldn't find any flaws in any of them.

He grabbed another beer and cracked it open flinging the cap into the garbage.

He glanced back to where Kaylee was and saw she had spun around and walked toward the group then over to the bar, grabbing a drink and looking around for someone else to talk to. When he saw her walking over to the bonfire to sit with a girl. He looked back to Peyton and tried to make it look casual as he looked her up and down.

---

Kaylee shook her head as she looked to Shawnie and spun around walking off. She was frustrated but she wouldn't let it ruin her night, she knew that weather Tristian stayed or got kicked out, she'd be forced to get over him one way or another. Once she grabbed a drink and chugged it a bit to take her edge off she wandered over to the bonfire. "Hey Em" she said as she sat down. "Still not up to party like an idiot?" she teased. She knew that Emily was the good girl and she respected her alot for that.

?You?ve got a pretty twisted idea of fun,? Brett laughed. He couldn?t help it. Although he had a feeling it was a result of the alcohol, Kennedy?s joie de vivre was infectious and, for the first time, he felt optimistic about the trip and eager to see what lay in store for them on the island that summer. ?Not that mine is any less masochistic,? He admitted with an affable shrug and smile at the mention of his sport.

?Did she tell you she ran at nationals? And was seriously impressive? Because she was kind of a rock star,? Brett told her. Em wasn?t supposed to run at the championship meet, his dad didn?t think she was aggressive enough to be competitive at such a huge meet. But then one of the seniors had come down with mono and they?d decided to put Emily in as a wild card. She had done well, not that you?d know it talking to her though. Afterwards, on the van, the captain of the girls team had plucked Emily?s phone out of her hands to sing the freshman?s praises when Em told her parents that she?d done ?Okay, I guess.? If that was all she?d told her parents, Brett couldn?t imagine she?d told her friends much more.

---

?Yep, still a party pooper,? Emily answered with an easy grin and a soft laugh as Kaylee joined her by the fire. ?Better watch out though, I?ve had a couple sips of beer, things might get a little crazy here,? She joked, lifting the bottle to her mouth take another sip of the lukewarm drink. Her gaze shifted away from her friend, over the fire to survey the rest of the group before landing upon Kaylee again.

OOC: Sorry I haven't posted guys, I was (still kind of am) horribly sick the past day or two and I didn't even have the energy to get to my computer. And I apologize in advance for the horrible post...

BIC: "Tristan, no!" Shawnie exclaimed after hearing what Tristan had to say. "I don't care about what you've done to me in the past, all I care about is you, and what you do in the present and the future." She reached for his hand. "I love you, and no matter what, I always will. There's nothing you, or anyone else can do to change that. Am I horribly afraid of you? Well, yeah. But that can change with time." Shawnie touched her hand to his face and wiped his tear away. "Please don't go?"

----------

Ashtyn had lost Leila a while back. He had no earthly idea where she might have ran off to. Between the loud music, and screaming teenagers, he though he might never find her. He'd already bumped into quite a few people either asking if they were Leila, or if they'd seen her. Afer about twenty minutes of frantically looking for her, he finally found her and reached for her hand.

"Geez I thought I lost you forever," Ashtyn said as a smile lit up his face. "It wreaks of salt water and alcohol up here. Can you not leave me again by the way?"

(Sorry sorry sorry! I'm at the beach with the fam and our internet connection in the condo is SO messed up so it hardly ever works. I'll make sure I get a post up tonight, so so so sorry!)

Kennedy giggled, nodding her head in agreement, "Running more than a couple of miles should not be anyone's idea of a good time." Her eyes swirled into a rich, unhappy brown at his comment about Em's running performance. She glanced past him, searching for her small friend. Emily had never been one to boast about herself, or really even talk about herself. Her quiet nature was something Kennedy had always cherished, it was a nice break from the rest of the group, but this was different. "She failed to mention it. But that's great," Kennedy said, distracted until she found Emily, sitting by the bonfire with Kaylee.

Her initial desire had been to go and rag on Emily for keeping such a thing from them, but then, Kennedy realized, she wasn't sure that all the other girls didn't already know and she was the one that was in the dark. She tilted the cup to her lips again, downing the rest of its contents before glancing back toward Brett. Her distraction had passed in a matter of seconds and her easy smile played on soft lips as she bounced to her feet. "How did you do at nationals?"

-----

"Ah, you brought one of those kind of guys along," Grant said, glancing in the general direction that she did. Grant had noticed three kinds of guys on the trip: those that were in a situation of unrequited love, those that pretended they were just friends but were protective to a fault (ie the 'babysitter' situation), and then the always have been/always will be just friends. If Kennedy needed his help, of course he would be right there for her, but he wasn't going to watch her like a hawk and participate in every conversation she had with another guy, that was absurd.

"What is there not to love?" he quipped back with a slight grin. The music was loud, without being too loud for conversation, the alcohol was top of the line, free, and in plenty of abundance, and there were girls milling around everywhere...the beach didn't hurt either.

Storm laughed. "Yeah, I brought one of those guys along."

She'd located Leo, his eyes on her, as usual. She waved lightly, then considered making an obsene gesture, but thought better of it. It's not like he was doing anyone any harm.

"But, he's one of my best friends, and he's dragged me out of enough trouble that he probably has every right to feel the need to keep an eye on me" She shrugged, still smiling. When he answered her question, she couldn't help but laugh again. "True. Who wouldn't enjoy a vacation like this? Beach, great people, and alcohol" she grinned, finishing her drink off

SORRY!! I haven't been home in 3 days! And one of the horses at the barn cast himself and the other one's tendon finally healed and the barn owned needed to me help. I should be able to post on Sunday!

OOC- Argh, I wanna stay in this one. but I've been busy packing and making sure i have everything ready for college. I'm gonna have to pull out, So sorry guys.

Chase noticed Nova's eyes flicker over the crowd after he asked him about himself. Sharing the more personal details of his life was somethig she's have to work really hard to get out of him, but for now he didn't mind sharing the minor stuff. "Well let's see, I go to UGA with Peyton. She invited me because I'm amazing..." he paused, a smile playing on his lips, "or maybe it was because her boyfriend broke up with her." He joked a little about the situation, finding it to be an easy topic to kind of break the ice.

Racking his brain, he tried to come up with other boring information to share with Nova, "I grew up in the south, in Georgia actually. I have a younger sister." Deciding he'd shared enough, he questioned the brunette as they danced. "What about you?"

--

Peyton watched at both Leo and Logan watched Storm and Kaylee. Neither one seemed to be really enjoying themselves, but were instead spending their time possesively watching a girl they weren't dating. Due to the drinks in her system, she was feeling a bit more vocal then usual. She nodded as Logan asked her if she was enjoying herself. She definitey was.

"So, what's the deal with you guys and Storm and Kaylee," she knew her friends versions of the friendships, but was interested in hearing what they had to say. The brunette was also dying to call both of them out on how they were sitting and watching the girls. The corners of her lips tugged upwards, navy eyes flicked back and forth between the two guys.

Leo turned his attention to Peyton when she spoke. He hadn't even realized that he'd been watching storm so closely, it had become habit. A slightly embarrassing habit, actually. He smiled apologetically for semi-ignoring her before.

"Storm's a good friend" he answered " Actually, probably one of my best friends" he corrected himself. "I just get a bit protective sometimes, I guess" he admitted

ooc: Sorry for typos, I have a cat helping me, I'll fix them in a bit

Brett watched as Kennedy's expression changed, and followed her gaze until it landed on Em, sitting on the edge the group- just like always. He wasn't sure what, exactly, caused her smile to fade. He didn't think he'd said anything upsetting or dull. But it returned a moment later and Brett forgot that it had ever wavered. "Really well, I made top twenty and finished about a minute behind the winner," Brett told her with a grin as he thought back to the race. He could still remember the pounding feet and flailing limbs and energy at the start. And the cry 'he's right behind you' as he approached the finish line. And the numbers on clock as he crossed the line. It had been a good race.

"We finished eighth. The girls were seventh in their race, thanks to Em," Brett added this as an afterthought, realizing that she might have been asking for the actual results rather than his own personal performance. And that Kennedy also probably wanted to know how her friend's team did too.

Nova listened carefully to Chase and smiled. She thought she heard a small bit of a southern twang. "Well I go to OSU. I grew up in Ohio my entire life. I am an only child and I think brought you here for the first reason you gave." Nova replied with a flirty smile and continued to dance as another song came on. Then she figured that talking would be easier if they weren't trying to dance as well. "How about we go relax some where so we can hear each other talk." Nova said with a giggle and began to walk away, checking back to see if he was following. She pushed some hair out of her eyes that was blown in by the wind.

Leo described Storm as one of his best friends. Peyton couldn't help but let her mind wander a little bit. Did he really mean best friends, or was their more to that. She'd been in that situation a million time before, madly in love with her best friend. She was extremely greatful however, that she had no feelings for Chase. Navy eyes found him dancing with Nova and she grinned. They would be the two that ended up together. Beautiful and confident.

"Simply best friends?" Peyton pushed the topic, the drinks in her bringing out her pushier side. Normally, she would've just made a face like the one she was making, suggesting that there might be more between the two, and moved on.

--

Chase nodded his head ever so slightly as he took in the information Nova provided him with. Like he had, she told him the most basic stuff about herself. What school she went to, she was an only child. Her comment about his invite caused a smile to play on his lips.

When Nova suggested going somewhere quiet to talk, half of him hesitated. He wasn't exactly in the mood to get all deep and emotional. However, there was something about this girl. He simply blamed it on her confidence, which practically radiated off of her. The wind had sent her dark hair flying, her intense green eyes met his icy ones. "Alright," he finally spoke after his moment of hesitation, "let's go." Grabbing her hand, he followed her through the crowd to an area over by the house. A few chairs and a couch were set up around the outdoor fireplace. Chase settled himself on the couch, his icy gaze rested on Nova. "So, what exactly is it you want to talk about?"

"we're..uh just friends as well, complicated i guess" logan admitted as he rubbed the back of his neck nervously and looking to Peyton. "Don't get that look on your face, i've seen that one many times before" he added. He was having fun people watching and drinking but he really didn't know many people here yet and everyone seemed to have someone around them so he didn't bother going around and pushing his way into other groups.

--

"How's the running going?" Kaylee asked. She was enjoying the break from the rest of the party to just sit by a warm fire with her drink and her friend. She hadn't really talked to Emily too much lately and she didn't like that at all. "any boys?" she asked as well with a smile as she looked over to Brett then back to her.

Nova sat with her back against one of the arm rests of the couch. She wanted to be close, but not awkwardly 'I'm throwing myself at you' close. She knew better than to try and get like that with guys. They normal get up and run for the hills. "I just didn't like trying to talk over the music. It's hard to hear over there." Nova said and nodded her head to the mass of giggling and talking bodies. "Plus I want to know more, I'm a very curious person. So do you play sports? What's your major? Favorite color? Darkest secret?" Nova rambled off questions and couldn't help the giggle after her last question, hopefully he would see that she was kidding about it.

While waiting for his answer she watched as the waves slowly strolled onto the beach and then recoiled back to the ocean. It was a beautiful sight and brought a smile to her lips instead of her usual smirk. Nova wasn't the emotional type and mostly kept her problems to herself. She found other ways to get rid of the stress and was happy with that way of life. Nova didn't look for emotional guys because they seemed like too much drama. But she didn't like the emotionally constipated guys that hid everything until you practically had to beat it out of them. All she was looking for on this trip was maybe a little summer romance and if not that, a lot of fun.

"That's awesome," she accoladed, meeting his gaze with sheer sincerity. She had major respect for college athletes, especially good ones. She knew how much time they put into the sports they were passionate about. While Kennedy had been proficient in the three sports, cheerleading didn't count, in high school, she hadn't had the passion or dedication for any of them to pursue them in college. Her eyes flickered back to where Grant and Storm were still chatting, a small, mischievous grin lazily pulling up her lips, "Do you want to play a game?"

Beirut was her favorite, but she was up for anything. She brushed her fingers casually against his elbow to indicate that she wanted him to follow, not waiting for an actual response. Her arm slid around Storm's waist, catching the tail end of their conversation. "Amen to that," she said pleasantly, not caring if she was interrupting or not, "Are you guys up for a game of beirut?"

At Grant's nod, she grabbed a bag of the red Solo cups, and took it to the table set only a few feet from the bar. In a matter of moments she had the game set up, the beer poured to a modest amount and a few ping pong balls laying in a bag on the sand. "Teammate?" she asked Brett, not really caring either way. They could do guys against girls if that would make them happy.

-----

Grant was about to respond to Storm when Kennedy arrived, her happy, not quite as uptight as usual nature indicating that she'd had some alcohol; not a lot, but probably just enough. He glanced past her to the guy she'd been chatting with, smiling at him with recognition. They'd sat across from each other at dinner and were bunking next door to one another. He seemed chill. He nodded at Kennedy's suggestion, glancing toward Storm to make sure that she would agree, he didn't want to just ditch her. Plus, they needed four.

He took another shot before following Kennedy to the table, helping her pour. Grant had assumed that the two of them would be partners, they usually were, and they always dominated. So, when she asked Brett, he couldn't help but feel a little put off. Then again, he reasoned, she would probably pick him last in the group they were in; wanting to meet new people or play with her best friends. It made since actually. "Well then, I guess that leaves you and me?" he asked Storm with a friendly smile.

"It was nothing like high school cross country, but it was great," Emily told her with a shrug. The sport had pretty much taken over her life that fall. Between practice, meets, mandatory study hall, and her classes Emily had barely had time to breathe. So naturally her social life had been nonexistent. Not that it would have been any different otherwise. "And no, no guys."

Emily couldn't understand why her friends placed so muh importance on the presence of a guy in the lives. She had never been in love. Nor had she ever been in a relationship. And she had managed to get by on her own just fine. Emily could see how it might be nice to have someone who knew to ask for her opinion even when she was too timid to give it. And could reassure her when she was scared. But sometimes it seemed like everything the other girls did- from the clothes they wore to the parties they went to, were because of a guy.

"What's the story with Logan?" Em asked, shifting the conversation away from herself.

----

Brett nodded in thanks and then again as she asked if he was in for a game of Beirut, following behind as she led the way over to her friends. He offered a grin to Storm and Grant as a greeting then watched with an amused expression as Kennedy sprang into action. It was clear that she was a do-er, not the sort to wait for any arguments that could stand between her and what she wanted.

"Sure," He shrugged easily when she asked if he wanted to be her partner. "Though I should warn you, there's a reason I don't play a sport that involves hand-eye coordination." Brett wasn't terrible or anything. In fact, thanks to a few years practice and the team's version- Gatorade Pong, he was actually halfway decent. Or at least average. Much better than he'd been when he started college anyways, a fact that his roommate was eternally grateful for.

Leo rolled his eyes at Peyton's probing questions. Not that he wasn't used to it, everyone seemed to assume they were more than friends. He took a sip of his beer and looked levelly at her.

"Yes, Just friends. That's all there is, and all there ever will be." He answered her, then shrugged.

He was grateful for the distraction of Logan speaking up. "Ah, one of those friendships, huh?" he commented. He knew what that was like all too well.

Storm grinned when beirut was suggested. She wasn't very good at it, but hey, she enjoyed it either way. She wasn't a very competitive person. She returned Brett's smile in greeting, then looked at Grant and laughed when he commented on them being partners by default.

"Looks like it. Just a heads up, Kennedy kicks my butt almost everytime we play." she warned with a smile.

ooc:Sorry, I know they're crappy. I'm gonna be outta town and away from a computer for the next couple days. I should be back Thursday or Friday.