Magikal_Wish

The Invitation

As Nova rattled off her list of questions, he leaned back into the couch a little, thinking of his answers. It wasn't like they were something he needed to come up with or make up. He knew he played a sport and he knew his major. As she stared out at the ocean, Chase spoke. "I played lacrosse in high school, but no sports since then," he paused, thinking of her other questions. "let's see, my major, business management. Favorite color? Blue." His gaze had been resting on he ocean, but he turned to look over at Nova. "My darkest secret? Wouldn't be a secret if I told you," he smiled. "What about you? Sports? Major? Color? Darkest secret?" Chase threw the last question in as a joke in an attempt to keep the mood, and conversation light.

--

As Leo and Logan swore to her that they were just friends with her best friends, she couldn't help but laugh a little. Logan admitted it was complicated and Leo sympathized. "Don't worry, I think we've all had one of those complicated friendships," Peyton had had a few complicated best friends and she was beyond greatful tht Chase was not one of those friendships.

Kennedy smiled widely at his comment and winked as she turned towards the table, "I think my dexterity will more than make up for your lack of it." Her finesse with Beirut came from the simple fact that she didn't like to lose. And her competitive nature was stronger the more she had to drink. Plus, she could hold her alcohol fairly well, and it took a lot for beer to affect her steady hands. "Oh," she said as an afterthought as her fingers picked up the small white ball, "Brett, this is Grant and Storm. Grant, Storm, this is Brett. He's Emily's friend."

She tossed the ball to Grant, not really caring who went first. It wasn't like it really matter. A faint smile played on her features the entire time, overcome with joy (or alcohol). She doubted that anything could disturb her bliss for more than a matter of moments.

-----

Grant smiled at her comment and shrugged, he was the laid back half to the Kennedy-Grant duo at Brown when it came to parties. He didn't care whether they won or lost, they got to drink. "Yeah, she's pretty good at that. But it's not a big deal if we lose," he assured her, his grin widening into a true smile as he moved to the head of the table, ready to get the game on the move. "Do you want to toss first?" he asked her as he deftly caught the small ping pong ball that Kennedy tossed toward him

"Oo beer pong, come on wall flowers, lets go play" Logan said as he pushed himself off of the brick divider and put his hands on Peytons hips to guide her to the table. "Care to have more players?" Logan said as he reached the table and watched. Surprisingly, by now he wasn't really thinking about Kaylee, however as usual she was somewhere in the back of the mind. He grabbed another beer from the bar and chugged half of it, his buzz had warn off and he wanted to at least maintain it tonight.

--

Kaylee looked to her and rolled her eyes "uh he's a friend..a clingy friend" she shrugged as she smiled lightly "he's nice to look at, single, and likes me, he was at the top of my very short list of choices" she added. Kaylee glanced over to where a game of beer pong was being set up and she saw Logan walk toward it with his hands on Peytons hips. Her heart sunk a little but she quickly shook it off and looked back to Emily.

Nova giggled the alcohol in her system still keeping her lightly buzzed. "Well I used to be a huge soccer player, but I stopped after the college try outs. Those girls are insane, I'm too lazy to practice that much. But I still do a bit of running in the morning. I'm majoring in Criminal Justice. My favorite color is purple. I agree with your take on secrets. I live by the motto 'Only 2 can keep a secret if one of them is dead.'" Nova said and felt his eyes on her, she turned and stared into his eyes for a moment and then turned back to the ocean her cheeks turning pink. She normally wasn't like this around guys, she was more open and flirty. Maybe because she didn't have the competition like she usually did.

Tristan allowed Shawnie to wipe his tear away and smiled at her. He really didn't deserve a girl like her and he was really going to have to try and keep her. He finally sat down on the rock and patted the small seat next to him for her to take a seat. "Can I ask what I need to do to change?"

OCC: I FORGOT TRISTAN!!! Sorry Wild! [Duh]

Storm smiled when Grant commented about not caring if they won or lost. That was a good thing, as having an overly competitive partner tended to irritate her. She shook her head and grinned when he offered the ball to her.

"Nah, you go for it" She tied her hair back in a pony tail, annoyed with having to constantly push a few red strands away from her face.

She let her eyes wander for a moment, grinning when she saw Peyton, Leo, and Logan approaching.

Leo followed Peyton and Logan over to where the game of beer pong was set up, not surprised to see Storm participating. He nodded a greeting to everyone already there, then letting his attention wander. He stood back slightly from the group, not particularly interested in playing

(SORRY! I came back from the beach and then I was super busy and then I was moving back to school and snow days and it's just been madness.)

Peyton felt Logan's hands on her and allowed him to guide her over to where a few others had gathered to play beer pong. The drunker she was, the better she played, at least, to an extent. Fingers moved her brown hair out of her face, where the wind kept insisting to move it. "We're playing tooo," her sing-songy words dragged out, something she tended to do. She didn't mind waiting a round to play. Glancing over at Logan, whose idea this had been, she raised her eyebrows slightly, "partners?"

--

Chase chuckled a little at Nova's quote about secrets. As cliche as it was, he had to admit, it was true. "Criminal justice huh? What do you want to do with that?" He'd met a few criminal justice majors in his time at UGA. He wanted to own some sort of small business. He'd hoped for a sports bar or some place he could really enjoy that would do well. Chase couldn't help but notice that her overwhelming confidence had settled down a bit. It'd been one of the first things he'd noticed about her. Hearing noise from the big group, he looked over. Peyton was at a table with several others playing beer pong. He smiled a little before returning his gaze to Nova.

OOC: I'll post when i get home, but if onewiseowl has disappeared then I could always adopt that character, more to post the better i guess haha just lemme know, cause this has sorta died and people keep bailing :/

OOC: yeah Indestructible...adopting Leila would be a good idea. just as long as you know about the character inside and out. onewiseowl will have to deal if she ever comes back...not our fault she bailed. Anyone want to play her other charry, Mikey? I would do it but I barely have enough motivation to play my original two...

OOC: I'll post a little one just to see if it sparks this back up again..and since I really don't feel like reading where Leila was, i'll place her somewhere, that ok? i can always edit it if need be.

BIC:

Logan looked to Peyton "Partners" he said with a smile as he looked to the table where the group played. For once Logan had actually forgot all about Kaylee, he had a pretty girl next to him, they were both drunk and having a good time, there was no arguments and no upset feelings. He watched people stagger up to the table and try to aim the little ping pong ball. The table was sticky from alcohol so he kept his arms crossed as he watched, a content smile never leaving his face. He looked back to Leo, "Hey, Leila..i think thats her name..is over by the bar and looks bored, you need a partner, why don't you go bring her over here?" he smirked

--

Kaylee looked to her friend "er..we met at the club one night, hit it off and had a blast and we wound up hooking up..little did I know that he's one of those clingy types. I tried to just be friends with him since he's pretty attractive and is actually quite a sweet guy but he wants more than that. Since I had no other guys that I wanted to bring here I brought him in high hopes that he'll get his fix of me and leave me alone a bit" she explained with a laugh "my life is..dramatic" she added

--

Leila stood by the bar sipping on a cooler, it was her eighth and she was pretty buzzed. She knew she was far from a light weight so she tried to chug some alcohol and catch up to the rest of the group. She happily watched her friends and their guests re-unite and meet and she thought to herself as she looked for a group to join. Finnishing off her cooler, taking a rough shot and grabbing a double drink she pushed herself off the bar and started to wander around.

Logan's comment snapped Leo back to the real world. He'd been letting his attention wander aimlessly. He looked in the direction that Logan had indicated and spotted Leila, then started toward her.

"Now what's a pretty lady doing over here all by herself?" he asked when he reached her side. He flashed a friendly smile at her. "A bunch of us are gonna play beer pong, care to join in?"

___

Mikey sat a bit away from ther= rest of the group, feet buried in the sand. When he saw a group forming around a table, he stood up, brushed some of the sand off of himself, and went to investigate.

"Hey, what're we up to?" he asked when he was within ear shot. He wasn't really speaking to anyone in particular, just whoever would supply him with an answer.

Shawnie watched Tristan sit on the rock and continued to stand as he offered her a seat next to him. She could get away faster if she was standing. "Well, first off, you don't hit girls. It's a good thing I love you or I'd be running for the hills right now." She rolled her eyes at how stupid she was being. All her friends were bound to kill her when they found out she was crawling back to him. Not like this was the first time, or the second...or the third, but this was probably around the 10th time this has happened. Her friends have watched this story unfold several times and she wondered how many times they were going to let her get away with it.

Shawnie took a seat in the sand an appropriate distance away from Trsitan. "I don't know Tristan. This is the farthest thing from a healthy relationship I've ever seen. I know I push your buttons, but that's just me. I'm always pushing someone's buttons because I'm obnoxious and full of energy and I don't know when to knock it off." She brought her knees up to her chest and put her face on them. "How do I know you won't hurt me again?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ashtyn was still desperately searching for Leila hours later. He'd been shuffling through drunks and dancers and everything else in between since the party started and he lost track of her. Ashtyn wasn't the overly-protective type, he knew Leila was perfectly capable of taking care of herself probably more so than Ashtyn was, but he still wanted to be with her. Especially at big gatherings like this.

OOC: BAAAAAAD post. I apologize.

Peyton smiled as Logan agreed to be her partner. When the guy suggested that Leo go talk to Leila, she looked over to where her friend was standing and had to agree, Leila did look rather lonely and bored. As the team in front of her lost at beer pong, Peyton grabbed Logan's wrist and pulled him after her. She lifted the sticky ping pong ball of the table where it had rested and dipped it in the cup of water in an attempt to clean it off. She reset and filled the cups to the correct posiitions.

Blue eyes looked over at Logan, "do you want to go first?" She didn't care who started, but she'd had enough practice at her school to be fairly good. Plus she was just drunk enough to have decent aim.