Sign in to follow this  
johnmeli

Boots?

I am going to do equestrian team next year, and I think I'm going to stick to western for next year, but I'm looking into taking some English lessons so who knows. I already have paddock boots and half chaps, but If i ever want to show I'm going to need to get tall boots. However, i am a poor college student, so spending $300 is out of the question. (and yes i do realize that $300 dollars is still a relatively cheep pair of boots. So I'm defiantly looking at used, but I don't want to get an incredibly cheep looking or cheaply made pair either. Does anybody know of a brand/model is should look for?

In my store we have a variety of brands low end - Cavallos.

I love Ariats but they start out right around that $300 mark, so maybe a used pair.

The TuffRider boots seem to be okay and are reasonably priced. Anything under $200-$300 usually look really cheap in person, IMO and the leather is not very nice. We sale alot of the Ariats and people are usually really happy with them. I'd check ebay and tacktrader.com or keep an eye out for sales..

I love Ariats! All my boots are Ariats! Get A pair if Ariats!

Thats your best bet that's cheap. But they are very good quality and I wear them while riding English!

Any questions? Just ask!

Have fun and be safe!

NWOhio Cowgirl:)