Sign in to follow this  
Cheyenne&Gizmo

So Very Mad.....

So a "family" frien (long long time probally 10 years or so) asked me to find a buyer for his little pony his daughter was not showing interest in it so he wanted to sell it .... ok so i found a lovely lady who was so excited cause she needed a pony for her son (this is a well trained 4h style pony) she was going to come down after christmas to pick her up ( she is bought 5 hours away)... so i told the guy that he could bring her here and we would take care of her for thetime... i thought it would be a good chance for me to saddle and harness her up and give her a refreasher, she had been in the field for a year!...

welll this pony is unloaded from the trailer while i was at a concert.... my dad saw this......

before2.jpg

He laid into the guy asking what he was thinking not getting this pony trimmed!~... he said i don't care it is just a horse, and should she not be saveable i know where you can find a bullet!......

so i went out the next morning to feed the horses and .... could see those feet from bout 10 feet away in the snow! istarted crying cause i felt so bad for the girll... i brought her into the barn and texted my farrier to see if he could come out and look at her.....

i am very mad this pony is in this condition, i am very mad becuase my boyfriend spent 2 years trimming this pony every month to keep her in good shape (he left to go home in febuary so she hasn't been trimmed since febuary 2010) and the worst part... he just tought his 5 year old daughter how to take "care " of a horse!!!!.... i have decided that i am going to make him pay for everything while this horse is recovering, including the farrier charges, the thrush medication, the deworming i did, and the hay. i will present him with the bill, and at the point if he doesn't pay i will take him to court and charge him for animal abuse !..

so the farrier will be back in 2 weeks to trim her feet again.... she already looks a little happier, and i am trying a new product call "thrush Off " on the thrush in her front feet....

Befores.....

this one was as the farrier was trimming....

goodbefore.jpg

princessbefore1.jpg

Hinds

hindbefore3.jpg

some of what we took off of the left front foot...

clippings.jpg

After one Trim.....

afterbody.jpg

you can still see how crocked she stands... hopefully we can fix that

afterfronts.jpg

and hinds...

hindafter2.jpg

sorry for the quailty of the pictures they are from my phone....

thanks for looking.. i kinda just needed to vent a little!...

Should tell the lady who wants poor pretty pony that it will be a while before pony is ok again, and I would be doing a weekly billing on this poor kids.. Make sure you get it Certified Mail, and also got a Notery (sp?) and make sure it is certified that way, and keep a strict record of feed, and care.. When ever I have seen that around here the owners or others around him just say, Far from the heart, eh hes fine.. I agree he is not.. I have delt with this a few times, it take a while, but it can be fixed.. you mgiht consider x-rays to make sure there is no founder or other issues going on.

good luck, pony has beautiful face.. thougha bit down hill

I'm so sorry to see that. Poor pony. Glad she's finally in a better situation with you. I hope your family "friend" eventually realizes how cruel that was; and takes responsibility for the bill. Also, I pray that is daughter does not receive the same warped view of proper animal care. In the meantime, give her a carrot on my behalf.

ha ha Desert lane training... my dad is this guys Captain at the fire hall so the last thing he would want to do it touch the guy.....

Kitten Kat.... the lady has been told already that it will be a few months till i feel she is ready to go to a new home and she said she would be happy to wait, she was willing to give me a deposit but i said i would take my chances...... do you mean i should be getting a weekly payment from the old Owner? i have very extensive records on all my horses and hers is even more extensive..

she does have a pretty face.. i don't remeber her being down hill before.. i am wondering if it has something to do with the way that she is standing on her front feet... but i dunno!...

thanks guys she is much better now and when she is all healed up she will be even better!.. she is getting lots of treats and love now :)

The thing I wonder is if the guy will just come and pick her up since he technically doesn't have any money for her if/when you start sending bills. I would contact the AC/Police - someone to see what you can all do. I'd hate for this pony to get back into his hands. (Let alone any other horse).

Thank you for taking care of her. That is the worst case I've ever seen!

Pink Tractor.... i have thought about that.. but he did give me a piece of paper signed that he was giving me the horse...... but i have called my uncle (that is a police officer) and i am just waiting for him to call me .

it is the worst case i have ever seen too!

Pink Tractor.... i have thought about that.. but he did give me a piece of paper signed that he was giving me the horse...... but i have called my uncle (that is a police officer) and i am just waiting for him to call me .

Oh, I didn't know you had a signed paper - that is good enough. If he decides to take the horse - you can nail him with stealing. Hope your uncle has some answers for the other questions for you! Best of luck. Please keep me updated on how it goes.

If he gave you the horse, you won't be able to collect any payment for her care. Either way, however, thank GOD that she is out of his negligent care.

Edited by Hibiscus

What a JERK. And that's the nice word.

Glad he signed the pony over to you. That way if you decide to sell you can collect the profit to help offset your expenses.

The one question I have: If this person gave you the horse, can he still face criminal prosecution for when he had possession? And if he can be prosecuted, what kind of sentence would he likely face?

MrCoffee

I highly doubt you will be able to take any legal action towards him, either in the form of demanding payment, or accusing him of animal abuse, since he has signed the pony over to you. It's "not his problem" anymore.

But good on you for taking in the poor little critter!! I've never understood how hooves can get like that!! When my horse's start to get a little long, they just chip off! Was pony kept stalled?

Serha rose - I wonder. The same thing but she was in a pasture with tOns of grass (like you could edge past and not see her in the grass it was so tall) she was getting tons of nutrients and walking on soft ground so the grew like weeds .. I have never owned or got a horse with feet like this so I was talking to my farrier and he said it doesn't take long to grow like that. And specially with ponies .

Well we are gonna try and if we can't do anythig legal wise bout it atleast shebis out of his care and is happier! And safe

If he gave you the horse, you won't be able to collect any payment for her care. Either way, however, that GOD that she is out of his negligent care.

Ya if he gave you the horse he would no longer be responsible for her care.

Oh what a sweet face! She looks like our old Shetland Charlie Brown.

Mudder has a great recipe for home-made thrush ointment.

It clears it up and keeps the hooves flexible.

Thnaks guys...

she has been turned out with the other mares.. i figured a little walking would be good for her feet rather than standing in the stall!....

i actually bought some stuff made by "well Horse" it is called thrush off... it is all natural and has nothing costic (sp) in it... i treated it 2 times and i believe it is all cleared up!...

the farrier will be here next week again.... and i will try tomorrow if the sun is out to get some pictures of all the girls!...