Sign in to follow this  
a_key_to_my_heart

Silver Bells Aka Bella

The place where I got her use to be a very nice ranch called Happy Heart Ranch in Idaho. Well, it still is a nice place. The issue was that the man was getting older and his adult kids didn't help out as much as they normally do so it was all on his shoulders. So he made the decision to cut down his stock so it was more managable for him to care for them. He has beautiful horses, but there care started to be lacking. I first went to go see his ranch on my anniversary in July. He had pens and pens full of horses. Yearlings, 2yearolds Fillys and geldings, 3year olds and so on in age. She was skinny like alot of them except for the ones he showed. He was upset with himself for that so he said we could have two for one if we so choosed. My hubby wasn't up for me purchaseing another horse at the time so we left. It was a nice day and they were very nice people. Then in Feburary 14th an image of her popped in my head. I called him up to see if she was still available. She was pending sale to someone in Texas, but the guy had been stalling on the payment so he said come look at her again. First come first serve. So we drove the 1 1/2 away from where we lived to go take a look at her. This time she had put on some weight, but was covered in mud balls. Well every horse was covered in mud balls for that matter. Under all that mud I saw the same beautiful filly I had seen before. This time he would only sell her as a single as he already had a buyer for her. So we paid and the next week picked her up and brought her home. The poor thing would clank and clink as she ran around her pen from the mud balls. As soon as it warmed up I soaked her down and curried as much of the mud balls off of her as I could without hurting her. Then I dryed her off as best I could and let her run. She ran so fast and crazy. She felt good. She is my Bella

Very pretty mare... she have a blue eye?

very happy you got her out of he situation before it got bad!.. she wasn't in too bad of shape before but could have gone south really fast!...

good luck with her!.

Beautiful! But one thing, GET A FERRIER PRONTO! Her poor feetsies are lookin like ill fitting slippers. Good luck with her! She looks like she'll be really nice!

That was one of the first things that I did. I had her vet checked and shots given and I had my farrier do her feet. He came out ever 3 weeks for like four months to get the fronts into shape. Just a little bit there and here and she was good to go. Her backs weren't as bad.

She has two blue eyes. The first time I saw her she was bossing some horses around her pen. Her blue eyes and coloring is what attracted me to her. Lol my husband said it was her attitude. At that time she was very thin. You could see every rib and hip bone. As well as the rest of the horses.

She has come a long way from then to now. She wasn't even halter broke. We had to lasso her to get close enough to put a halter on. Thats why she had a regular buckle halter and not a rope halter on. I like rope halters best.

Anyway she is doing great.

Thats awesome! I'm glad she found you! I LOVE her blue eyes =] I heard that that may mean she has paint in her? I'm not sure how true that is but man, she's a looker!

Me thinks you have a good eye for horseflesh. A diamond in the rough definetly! Please keep us posted on her progress & training. HTTY

This was the first time I saw bella. She like the others were skinny. Shoot that day we went out was hot, just about every pen had no water. We stayed to help him fill up all the tanks. To many horses. He was very overwelmed.251.jpg247.jpg

I will not be starting her undersaddle until late fall time frame. She is still on the small side so I want to give her time to catch up. I'm am starting her ground training soon. I would really like to show her, but I have no experiance in showing or what I would even do with her. Any ideas?

I imagine the sire is a halter horse. I have a particular fondness for Appaloosas and you have a nice filly there. I took my time training my youngster because his knees weren't closed yet.( the Vet x-rayed them) I'm glad I did because he still had some growing to do! He is now a very solid 7 y/o that will last for years!