jjinks

Who's Breeding This Year?

Hmmm found something interesting...Cowboy is a DUN overo not buckskin and he has had one sorrel overo foal..BUT his grandsire is a solid white..meaning extreme sabino...all bold faced blue eyed babies..wonder if I would get a high chance of a medicine hat??? Just thinking out loud...

AD

Hoping to finally breed Annie this year, after last year's disaster. It has now been three years since my last baby (Daisy) was born! The only issue is coming up with the money -now I am a student again, it is kind of thin on the ground, lol. But we will see what my tax refund looks like, and if I can manage it I will probably be breeding her to Bet Hesa Cat. He is a 2006 red roan stallion by Highbrow Cat and out of Bet Yer Blue Boons. NCHA $107K+ and still showing. This will be his first season at stud, so a definite gamble, what hey -it's more fun than playing the slots. :happy0203:

A couple pics of Annie, for those not familiar with her. Last March, on the day before we were going to order semen, she severely injured her left hind coffin bone in a pasture accident and had to undergo three surgeries and months of stall rest.

AnnieBrynatrotleft5-15-08.jpg

Fat and (mostly) fuzzy, just a few days before her injury.

Annieright3-20-10.jpg

Well my mother and I had a discussion and we decided we would like to breed Rina aka DB Tina Poco to King Doc Olena this year. I want a carbon copy of Rina, she is such a great horse her personality is wonderful and once I get to riding her and putting more muscle on her I'm going to try and get her into a couple of AQHA or Foundation QH shows around here in state. Anyway Rina is going to be 13 this year. Her foal missy born in 09 owned by Lineback Quarter horses apparently might be fetching a price of 4500.00. Although that is nice, I want to keep the foal for myself I'd like to show *it* as well. This will be the first time actually going for a breeding. (since I don't have my barn built yet and I had coyotes eat my new born foal during the course of the night last year, Rina will be taken to a stable to have her foal. We will board her till the foal is older and ready to come back by us.)

I really like the look of this stallion, and I like his lines. He is a Grullo and seems really level headed. I'm going to go look at him personally and all that.

You all may know Rina for those who don't here she is:

gallery_3956_268_64588.jpg

She just looks sooo darn cute here:

gallery_3956_268_1503.jpg

This is her just in the last few days of January 11:

gallery_3956_1581_150904.jpg

This is King Doc Olena's link:

King Doc Olena advert

Edited by TerrainAngel

I'm breeding my QH palomino mare Josie aka Just Wright Josie, she's being bred to a black QH stallion Set For Life, he has Invitation Only and Hotrodders Jet Set in his blood lines and he's been tested and is not a carrier of the red gene. This will be Josie first foal, I'm very excited for the the foal

this is Josie

2010-05-02141855.jpg

100_2919.jpg

Edited by GemEllie0613

Well I will probably be breeding my mare, Sophie, back to my stallion Ace as I didn't get a Filly this year. I really like my colt but I just want a filly out of this cross.

Have 8 foals coming this spring and not sure if I'm going to breed back any of the mares or not. All are in foal at this time to Ima Streakin Doc, bay tobiano grandson of Doc Bar (his sire was Docs Gabilan, top 10 finalist at the Snaffle Bit Futurity way back when, sire of some good horses and maternal grandsire of APHA world ch reining mare Dox Gabilan Rain) out of a daughter of Bar B Paint with second dam by Poco Pepsi, sire of QT Poco Streke. Should be some great foals.

Bought a new young stallion last summer and he got here not so healthy... probably not going to breed him this year. He's liver chestnut, HZ tobiano, double bred Delta O'Lena and Nu Bar with close up Peppy San Badger and Gay Bar King. His sire is res world ch by a world ch and his dam is by a pointed stallion that was exported to Brazil and full brother to 2 x world ch reiner (sired by same world ch as sire is). Since several of the mares are HZ tobiano as well (and strongly bred for performance) I'd love to use him this year but he won't be two until June...just not mature enough yet. All the girls are young enough that a year off won't hurt anyone. And give me more time to work with and market the foals.

Very nice horses Grullo! Do you have any more conformation type shots of them?

~stars

Edited by Stars_Morab

Very nice horses Grullo! Do you have any more conformation type shots of them?

~stars

Thanks Stars...

They can be found here: www.hiddenrockranch.com

Need to get new ones of Rockey this year, I think the last set was as a 3yr old, he's filled out since then.

And is your paint horse out showing wp? he certainly moves well!

Can't get to the link on the picture?

Edited by grullotobi

He will not be showing western pleasure exclusively at this time. We are making the ranch horse circuit this year. So he will be showing in Ranch Pleasure, but that is just one of the classes he'll be making a show in. :)

~stars

Well I found out yesterday that my mare is bred and about 45 days along already... So I am going to have a little one early next year. I'm really excited and am hoping this baby will turn out with mom's personality, lol.. We shall see! I do plan to imprint this foal which I think makes a huge difference in the personality.

So. I am debating on whether or not to breed our stud "Thor" to my newest mare "Dani". I am fairly sure we will, but I have a couple more weeks to decide. Both will be getting shown this summer.

"Thor"

DSC_4370.jpg

thorexpo.jpg

"Dani"

Dunet2.jpg

~stars

Stars I love your stud,

I have one mare that was bred early for a January 2012 foal, today we bred both my paint mares that just foaled recently, hope both take on their foal heats as it would be nice to have both foals close together again if I end up keeping both mares.

Mare 1 is Dudes Bar twist with her 2011 colt half brother to my stallion

230108_10150633339710192_512275191_19249033_7265003_n.jpg

next is Scenics Jackpot and her 2011 filly by our stallion

230622_10150633336630192_512275191_19249008_3895896_n.jpg

just a quick update on our breeding plans. We are breeding all for late April early May babies.

Also all are being breed to Royal :happy0203:

Inches to spare (already breed)

African Mimosa (already breed)

Neveah's Choice, Breeding this week

Lady Marianne, Breeding this week

Another Vallentina, in foal, will be breed after foaling