Sign in to follow this  
feeeeline

Goodbye, Sweet Girl

Coffeepot Imagail... 1981-2011

A few years ago my granddaughter Lilly and I decided to take Imagail to what I assumed was Imagail's first show.

Imagail, being the ridiculously smart pony that she was, had always been slightly worried about Lilly. Imagail felt that Lilly "belonged" to Toad who was a higher herd member, and she'd shove Lilly away with her nose, exactly as she might have done had Lilly been Toad's foal.

As soon as Imagail realized that Lilly was HER "foal" now, she latched right on and was totally in love with her new girl. We worked with her and had a blast with her, and enjoyed her wise and quirky ways.

At 27 Imagail completely blasted the halter classes out of the water at the show. I can't recall all her placings other than she didn't place less than second in anything... and these where some pretty tough classes.

What's more, she enjoyed the show and had a marvelous time. You could tell from her expression that it was fascinating and fun for her.

Imagail passed Tuesday morning... she was a wonderful girl who raised beautiful foals and was a REAL character. She was a great pasture-mate to many youngsters and gave pony rides for many years at a small amusement park. What's more, she kept her inner and outer beauty well into her late years. She was trustworthy and wise and quirky. She's going to be missed.

Picture708.jpg

Picture739.jpg

Picture712.jpg

What a lovely girl she was! Is that Lilly on her in that one picture?

I'm sure she knows how much she was loved. [Angel] [Huggy]

Thanks everyone..

And for those that asked, Lilly is in all the pictures with her.

And I'll pass along your condolences to Lil.

So very sorry for your loss. It's so hard to lose these precious equine friends. Prayers to Lily. I know she really feels this loss.

one of my favorite quotes "All horses deserve, at least once in their lives, to be loved by a little girl."

she was a pretty little thing, my heart goes out to you and Lilly.

Every little girl dreams of a beautiful pony exactly like her. I'm so glad that she made sure those dreams came true in the lives she touched while she walked this Earth. Now she runs the green pastures over Rainbow Bridge.

May your sorrow soon be replaced by the wonderful memories she left behind. And let Lilly know that when a warm breeze ruffles her hair and tickles her ear it's just her beloved pony checking in on her.

((( hugs)))