Sign in to follow this  
luther

Don't Blame Me

I know that this sounds like something our POTUS might say, but it wasn't. So since it wasn't him, who was it?

This story was taken from the NY Post & seems to me that many think they are entitled to certain things that they aren't. (IMO)

Whether you agree or disagree, I want your opinion.

If you want more of the story click the link at the bottom.

Fifty-eight-year-old Zeituni Onyango, the half sister of Obama?s father, had twice been rejected for asylum when she was exposed for living in a Boston housing project during the 2008 presidential campaign.

But in her first interview since being granted asylum, Onyango argued she should not be blamed for reaping the benefits of public housing.

?I didn?t take advantage of the system,? she told WBZ-TV Monday. ?The system took advantage of me.?

President Barack Obama's aunt, Zeituni Onyango, a native of Kenya, departs after a requesting asylum at a closed immigration hearing in February.

AP

President Barack Obama's aunt, Zeituni Onyango, a native of Kenya, departs after a requesting asylum at a closed immigration hearing in February.

She added she had been living in a homeless shelter for two years before she was assigned to public housing.

?I don?t mind,? she said, according to the Globe. ?You can take that house. I can be on the streets with the homeless people. I didn?t ask for it. They gave it to me. Ask your system. I didn?t create it or vote for it. Go ask your system.?

Onyango reportedly first came to the U.S. in 2000 with the intention of returning to Kenya, but said she fell ill and could not afford the trip home. She suffers from the autoimmune disorder Guillain-Barre syndrome. Her first request for asylum was denied in 2004.

In May, she was granted asylum by Judge Leonard I. Shapiro, who said the publicity surrounding her case raised the possibility she would be persecuted if she was forced to return to Kenya.

In the interview Monday, Onyango also took issue with the U.S. immigration system.

?If I come as an immigrant, you have the obligation to make me a citizen,? she said.

And she firmly denied the president played a role in the asylum process, saying, ?Don?t drag my child into this.?

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/obam...L#ixzz1Bq25YazN

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/obam...fset=0#comments

Well, my goodness, that's an odd comment, now isn't it? Especially considering the context in which it's written and the fact that it came from the Post. Very strange indeed.

Her statement, ?If I come as an immigrant, you have the obligation to make me a citizen,? just blows my mind. :shocked:

No, if you come to the US an an immigrant YOU have the obligation to go through the proper channels to gain citizenship. You get denied, you go home.

Strange. Very Strange indeed. All I can do is pretty much just "ditto" what PDS has said. It's my thoughts EXACTLY. When you come to America as an immigrant, we have the RIGHT to deny citizenship to anyone. Just because you took a boat, a plane, or slept in a crate as a stowaway as you cross the ocean, does NOT mean, you can just pass go and collect $200 dollars. It really irritates me when they feed off of OUR government, ILLEGALLY, and THEN blame the system for it all. Ugh. :bang_head:

Her statement, ?If I come as an immigrant, you have the obligation to make me a citizen,? just blows my mind. :shocked:

No, if you come to the US an an immigrant YOU have the obligation to go through the proper channels to gain citizenship. You get denied, you go home.

:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Perhaps she feels that way, because her nephew does?

Has Obama said anything about this?

I don't think "The Anointed One" has spoken out on this. There is a debate going on pertaining to the problem of illegal immigration here on the forum. Lots of very passionate thoughts, and lots of unanswered questions.

She sounds like she has more going on than an auto immune disorder honestly.

Now.... I would hope that my friends and family wouldn't just ME my the actions my welfare abusing, lieing, cheating, stealing, and worthless aunt. I REALLY have an aunt that is a whack job. My father came out disciplined good with his dealings and finances. My aunt, well she has been cut off from her inheritance for stealing nearly 6k from my elderly grandmother.

Thats her. I am me. I am NOT what my relatives say or do.

~stars

Has Obama said anything about this?

In a round about way, he has, he is all for giving amnesty to the millions of illegals that are in this country....so, I can only imagine he is just fine with his aunt being here illegally.

Was she referring to Obama when she said, " my child"? Hummmm, that would open up a big 'ole NEW can of worms!

Edited by equicrzy

[q

Was she referring to Obama when she said, " my child"? Hummmm, that would open up a big 'ole NEW can of worms!

BOY!!

Would THAT be a real eye popper!!! :twitch:

Not to mention a reason for immediate removal. :winking:

Isn't it nice that we live in a country where we are not personally responsible for our crazy half-aunt's rantings?

Oh wait.

Sounds like journalistic liberties to me. Things are not always as they seem and the media has the constitutional right to lie. Don't ever forget that.

If it sounds wacky, crazy, and outrageous, there's probably another side(s) to the story.