Duns of Impact

Do You Remember Diesel?

For those that have been on the board for a while now might remember my first stud colt sired by Jr and out of our mare Diamond. This colt was great since the day he came into this world. As you can tell I'm a proud breeder of such a fine horse. So here he is Diesel:

Diesel a month or so old.

100_2016.jpg

Diesel at about 6/7 months old

100_2345-b.jpg

Diesel as a three year old stallion- All I can is WOW!!!!!!!!!!Way to go Diesel!!!!!

Diesel1.jpg

Diesel2.jpg

Diesel3.jpg

Edited by Duns of Impact

Wow!! He's an awesome prospect to have in the barn. I'm new so I don't know your horses... I take it your Jr is the fellow in your signature?

They're both lovely, well done

Holy hot tomollies!...

he is one heck of a looker!.. i love his color!... and he has Jr.'s snip!!!!

if that horse goes missing.... DO NOT come look in alberta!... he is stunning!... one can only hope to have a baby like that!

you guys have done a great job on him :)

Wow, Duns, he is one very well put together guy. It looks like he is a true black. Did you keep this fella or does he belong to some other lucky person now?

Thank you everyone for the great compliments. I'm so proud of him.

Lyns - Yes the horse in the pictures below is his sire.\

BB - Thank you!

Saudi - Thanks!

WOA - I don't know if Diesel would like Alberta. He is in sunny Calli. LOL!

Shy - Your righr that Disel is a ture black. He is blacker than the ace of spades. We sold Diesel when he was almost a yearling, and he has done us all proud including his sire and dam. (We own them both.)

Thanks Babi, Spanish, Three C, & Sockeaters. He is growing up into a great horse.

The best part is that we kept his full sister & brother back. We needed to break out some of the Jr babies ourselves, and I must say I very happy about our decision to keep these two.

Edited by Duns of Impact

Wow! What a looker! :drool: I love seeing the color changes from when he was a baby up til now too. Any chance we can see pictures of his brother and sister??

Thanks Ohnine & Apps! I do have some pictures of Pete (his full brother) and I'm trying to find the picts of his sister Bailey.

Pete not even a month old.

2010_0421Diamonds2010colt0006.jpg

Pete at about 4 months

2010_0729July29Petepicts0031.jpg

2010_0729July29Petepicts0027.jpg

Pete at about 6 months

2010_1002various20100015.jpg

Pete now about10 months old waiting to get the snow cleaned out of his run & he is furry like a yak with his winter coat.LOL!

2011_0123Jan20110013.jpg

Pete is cute too .. even in his furry yak hair!... can't wait to see him grow up as well!...

and Duns.... I promise i will get him a nice warm blankie! he wont mind alberta winters at all!

WOA - Pete just looks like a hot mess. He has the thickest yak coat. LOL! Yes, Diesel would need a blanket.

FS- Thank you!

Sugar Lady - Thank you!

DiluteMe - Thank you!

Edited by Duns of Impact

Holy CRAP, Jasmine, he REALLY turned out nice, huh? What is his new owner doing with him?

(LOL, I still have that pic you sent me when he was born, before I brought Kelly down!)

Hope you don't mind, but for the newbies that DON'T know, I hauled my mare down to Nebraska in '08 to breed to Jr... it's been an experience, but I am VERY happy with my Jr Baby, "Tequila", aka HC Dun Bein Koy!

She'll be 2 on May 1st, we JUST started seriously working with her in preparation for her future performance show career this past weekend.. she is SCARILY calm & accepting of what we do to 'torture" her, lol! (Pics in her Foal thread)

(Please excuse her "Hay Head", she was rather enjoying the round bale, when I so rudely interrupted her for a pic, lol!)

168605_10150165395840620_572140619_8417807_320988_n.jpg

Red - Yes he turned out very nice. His new owners love him, and have had him under saddle since he was about 2 1/2. They said he was very easy to break out, and has good cow. Right now he is in reining training and they said that his stops are good and his spins are starting to be able to pick up speed. They are getting a video put together on him. I can't wait to see it.

Thanks for putting up pictures of Tequila. She and Diesel share the same snip!

Thank you Desputed! Poor Pete is going to need a lot of brushing in the spring with that yuk coat. LOL!

I have 2 things to say to that...

1. Ship him to me and I'll take care of that. :winking:

2. Furminator, on eBay, best $7 you'll spend on a brush

Apps - I'm sure you would love Pete... most people gravitate towards him more than the others. I think they feel bad for him with his winter yak coat. LOL! We have a furminator too. Love it! Pete is going know what that is very well. LOL!