Sign in to follow this  
QuarterHorseHunta

Nearly 20 Months

I like the new layout of the place, by the way. Its very smooth and streamlined. :)

001ouu.png

Illia is still on stall rest. She's getting better though, at first would not put any weight on her back right, and now she can trot, but is still ouchy at the canter.

Indy's leg has healed with funky bump, and while he's seemingly sound, as soon as illia is sound and okay to go back out 24/7, i'm putting him on stall rest and have the vet look at his leg again. -_- He'll walk trot canter to the left fine, and trot to the right okay, but he won't pick up his right lead, so I know something's still off. But he's turned out with a bunch of old men so all he does is sleep and eat all day, so I'm not worried about him throwing it out of wack by being out. I can only afford to work off one horse's stall at a time. Cleaning thirteen stalls a day and taking care of 25 horses every day is starting to take a toll! Mad respect for someone who can own a boarding stable and do all the work themselves. Because I'm taking a huge load of the work, and it is still not all of it.

Edited because there are seven days in a week, not six haha.

Edited by QuarterHorseHunta

Indy is a handsome dude!

Caint wait for him to be started u/s!

I hope Illa gets better soon!

Yea cleaning stalls and taking care of a large amount of horses is a lot of work. I take care of one of the barns around here sometimes when the BO/BM is out of town. 23 stalls and 30 horses. It's a lot of work. But sometimes you just don't mind doing it. When it benefits your own horse :)

Oh definitely. I appreciate any benefits I recieve from working at the barn I board at. It also becomes really handy when I have to treat wounds or something, I'm already there working every day so I can get it done easily. It's also really nice to know exactly how your horse is being taken care of, because you're the one doing it haha.

So I just got back from the barn, and I've come to the conclusion that Indy is actually sound. He's just LAZY. Got him going in the round pen with the whip and he got both his leads. I might have the vet look at him still, but here's hoping.

Another hopeful thing is I got Illia in the roundpen today too and worked her and she was feeling gooooood. Moving soooo much better. I'm going to give her a few more days, but hopefully I can ride her soon.

When Geepers was that age he was lazy for EVERYTHING. Inless he got a wild hair up his but and started running wild for a bit he was a pretty lazy horse.

And thats great news with Illa!!

D'aww. That blue halter he's wearing in the picture is a yearling halter. This is a picture of the day i bought that halter lol:

61854330.jpg

That was last winter.

066y.png

1-21-2011

Edited by QuarterHorseHunta

Indy looks great, glad to hear Illia is doing better too!

I can't believe its been 20 months, I remember when Indy was born and it doesn't seem like it was that long ago. I think it's great being able to watch him grow and progress on here. Keep up the great work!

I can't believe that it has been 20 months...I sort felt like you got Illia, you were working with her and improving perfectly fine and then it was omgsheispregnant and then it felt like he was born .25 seconds after that info was absorbed and then BAM, he is a big boy! He is starting to actually look like a horse lol.