Sign in to follow this  
LostHorseRider

Lesson Pics!

With the insane weather I hadn't gotten to ride Taylor untill yesterday. Got him out and stretched his legs on a easy trail ride.

Started out he was looking around more then normal and nickering and thats not normal for him to do. But once I got on him I knew he was good to go.

He got new shoes from a new farrier last week and he LOVES them. He took a lot of his toe off and set his shoe back a little and Taylor is doing GREAT! So happy! Even Mr.Trainer said he was more free'd up in his front end!

Will it sound weird if I say he was pulling less and lighter in the front from the new feet?

Started out without my spurrs but ended up having to put them on to get him going good.

1-1.jpg

Canter-He felt so much easyer at the canter

3-1.jpg

X-rail

4-1.jpg

5-1.jpg

Little Vert.

6-1.jpg

First over the Oxer

7-1.jpg

Then Mr.Trainer set up a bounce with tall Cavalitte(sp?). Then he added another one 3 strides before it.

We had done it a few times but I guess Taylor thought he could not do it this time?

we jumped in

8-1.jpg

3 strides

In...and

9-1.jpg

out the side..

More!

Edited by LostHorseRider

Cantering

10-1.jpg

Oxer! I had no fear issues today! I was a rockin and rollin!!

11-1.jpg

Vert.

12.jpg

Oxer again

13.jpg

Vert Again

14.jpg

over the In part of the bounce

16.jpg

More Cantering

17.jpg

Vert Again

18.jpg

Came around the corrner and Taylor said he was tired and had enough and deployed his now trade mark Try and Bolt and Buck. We ran past the vert. Trainer came over there and stood in the gap..We almost ran over him..Whoops.

20.jpg

Came back and Jumped it

21.jpg

And called it a day.

Critique if you feel the need. :happy0203:

Thank you!

We are not showing this week. We may show the weekend of the 19th in Katy. But I'm not sure yet have some other stuff going on and I don't know if I can get enough saddle time between now and then.

Kristin-Thank you!

Smile-I'm not sure about that ether! I will let you know if I'm going to be there though!

We should have a HC meet up at Pinoak!

BigRed-I want to do Pinoak but im not sure what Mr.Trainer has in mind. We will talk about it and see what he thinks.

And thank you!

Your riding has improved SO much. Seriously. Is that a new saddle? Kind of dark photos so I cant really tell.

And no, youre not crazy to feel a difference from a change in his feet. Remember the saying, no foot, no horse? If the horses feet are out of balance, so will the horse. Without a balanced and solid foundation, you have nothing. I remember the first time my current farrier worked on Layla and put her in the NB shoes.. omg I about cried - she almost felt like a hunter (and for my knee action TB to feel like she was floating, that was a lot).

Thank you! It's the same saddle. I took my iorns up a hole.

I did take a shot in the dark with a saddle off ebay. It may work or may not idk. But it was a nice enough saddle for a cheep enough price I could take the risk. I am still waiting for it to get here though.

I'm usually a lurker, but I have to say, your position has improved so much! Maybe taking you stirrups up a hole helped, but I think you are getting stronger in your base. Keep up the good work!

I don't often reply on pics with critiques because I rarely have anything new to add. However I must say what a huge improvement you have made in your riding and your position. You on Taylor vs you on that lesson horse awhile ago(Kitty?)is like looking at 2 completely different people, grats!

This combination of horse and trainer is working amazingly well for you, keep up your hard work.

Thank you! I feel so lucky to have found such a amazing horse and trainer! We all seem to work well together.

I do know I jump every lesson with Mr.Trainer. We work on the flat a bit but Taylor pretty much knows his job. Its just getting it threw his big head that he can't get away with the "Bolt and buck"

With Old trainer..We might have jumped every 5th or 6th lesson. Maybe.. So I don't think I ever really got to jump enough to get with it you know?