Sign in to follow this  
sylvesmiller

Planned Parenthood Exposed

First of all, how do I embed a youtube video? I noticed that the software for HC has changed since I last used it. I assume that I use the "insert media," but it didn't work for another video that I tried. At any rate, here's the link:

Planned Parenthood Exposed

Here's my attempt to embed the video :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LXrn0-YVJ4

Apparently this is a frequent occurance. Other videos are being released by Live Action.

Edited by pdavissmith

I going to guess that woman thought she was doing those girls a favor because otherwise, their options might be an abortion attempt at home. She probably thought that getting them an exam and testing was better than them never getting gyn care. Maybe the worker was jaded after too many years, seeing too many sad sad stories. There's no excuse for what she did, but I'm sure that working there can really get to you.

She broke their rules, obviously. How many more are like that, I don't know. I have a relative who works at PP, so DO I know that not all of their employees would break the rules like that.

Didn't other coworkers alert the police in this case?

Planned Parenthood has an agenda???

To quote the immortal Capt. Renault, "I'm shocked...shocked..."

G.

Elaborate, please.

Are you suggesting dirty tricks on the Live Action side? They're meeting their agenda, no matter what it takes?

I think Live Action did a fantastic job.

I don't find that surprising, at all. I worked for PP in the mid 90's and the first thing I was told, first and foremost, I was not there to pass judgements on anyone. I was to NOT express my opinions, give no advice and pretty much, say nothing unless I was asked or if the person was open to discussion.

And, that's exactly what I did...none of us were allowed to bring up anything we might have heard while at work, with outside people.

I finally had to walk, because I was on the verge of saying something to the young girl who found out she was pregnant and was planning her 7th abortion...I didn't say anything to her, but I knew I would evantually, if I saw much more of that.

Elaborate, please.

Are you suggesting dirty tricks on the Live Action side? They're meeting their agenda, no matter what it takes?

I think Live Action did a fantastic job.

The good Captain and I would be shocked that anyone would think that PlanPar does not have an "agenda." They do. If they deny it they are not only liars but hypocrites.

They are in some difficulty locally as their "sex education" courses turned out to have some very graphic and very specific information on PPs home site. They did not bother to inform either parents or the local school board of this information.

G.

They are in some difficulty locally as their "sex education" courses turned out to have some very graphic and very specific information on PPs home site. They did not bother to inform either parents or the local school board of this information.

I went through PP's Sex Ed programs multiple times in High School, and there was nothing in their material I hadn't already seen somewhere.

Anyway, it was my impression that in many of these cases PP did report things considered to be crimes to local law enforcement, despite Live Action's claims.

And how many times have we said on here how easy it is to make a video look like what you want it to look like (esp. in slaughter debates)?

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2011/02/what-makes-the-planned-parenthood-videos-different-from-the-acorn-videos/71062/#

In addition, if, as described here, in many cases the workers simply didn't say anything or advise, is that wrong? Considering health care providers are bound by confidentiality/HIPAA laws?

And to make it even muddier, several of the workers in the video are claiming they were doctored and that some of the audio in the youtube videos never happened. They could just be covering their butts, they could be evil lying sadistic people. I don't know.

I still feel Planned Parenthood offers a lot of extremely valuable services to low income women who need help. I tend to be skeptical about things like this until there is more information.

Golden toes, you're sceptical, I take it.

Live Action is not trying to deny the fact that this lady was immediately fired. What they are attempting to point out is that this type of "turn a blind eye" is common in PP. Is it acceptable to turn a blind eye on prostitution, especially minors? PP even states that this lady's comments went against the PP policies. But, I think it's interesting that Live Action is releasing more footage where the clinic employees turn a blind eye to blatant human trafficking.

Sylves, I sent you a PM on how to link a video so the screen shows up in your post.

I also went ahead and fixed the link in you post here on this thread.

Paul

Edited by pdavissmith

Clearly what this PP worker was doing was totally inappropriate. However, I would be hesitant to bash PP as a whole. Personally (due to a bad relationship with my parents), had I not had PP as a resource I might have a baby by now. And that's not because I was sexually deviant (lost "it" at 18 with my boyfriend of 5 years) but it only takes once! I would have never been able to ask my mom for this kind of help and wouldnt have been able to afford to go to our normal doctor; nor would I have wanted to take the chance of the family doctor saying something to my parents.

Anyways, the video is inappropriate, PP defidently has an agenda, however-they also do a lot of good.

I've gone to PP before. They have done a lot of good. At least for me. I was in a really tight spot at one point. Had it not of been for those women I'd of been up the creek with no paddles or a boat for that matter. Of course I was 21 at the time, but still I knew I couldn't call home and I knew I had no help. Just like Brieanna I would never go to my family Dr. back home because I knew what would happen.

So PP does do a lot of good. Just think how many more unwanted babies and diseases could be out their with out them.

At least I think. And when I went when I really needed the help I really had to jump through hoops. It was not easy!

But that worker should of said what to do you mean by that and yes called the police. Or else she'd be seeing many more girls, that could of been saved in the first place.

Planned parenthood does a lot of good for a lot of women. I can't believe the employee in that video, I got half way through and wanted to vomit.

Clearly what this PP worker was doing was totally inappropriate. However, I would be hesitant to bash PP as a whole. Personally (due to a bad relationship with my parents), had I not had PP as a resource I might have a baby by now. And that's not because I was sexually deviant (lost "it" at 18 with my boyfriend of 5 years) but it only takes once! I would have never been able to ask my mom for this kind of help and wouldnt have been able to afford to go to our normal doctor; nor would I have wanted to take the chance of the family doctor saying something to my parents.

Anyways, the video is inappropriate, PP defidently has an agenda, however-they also do a lot of good.

I've gone to PP before. They have done a lot of good. At least for me. I was in a really tight spot at one point. Had it not of been for those women I'd of been up the creek with no paddles or a boat for that matter. Of course I was 21 at the time, but still I knew I couldn't call home and I knew I had no help. Just like Brieanna I would never go to my family Dr. back home because I knew what would happen.

So PP does do a lot of good. Just think how many more unwanted babies and diseases could be out their with out them.

At least I think. And when I went when I really needed the help I really had to jump through hoops. It was not easy!

But that worker should of said what to do you mean by that and yes called the police. Or else she'd be seeing many more girls, that could of been saved in the first place.

At 18 & 21 it would be illegal for your Dr to give anyone, including your parents, info on you with out your written consent. I also find it incredibly sad that you don't have the confidence in your Dr to go to that person in a time of need...

At 18 & 21 it would be illegal for your Dr to give anyone, including your parents, info on you with out your written consent. I also find it incredibly sad that you don't have the confidence in your Dr to go to that person in a time of need...

It is sad isn't it? And so many young womem have that concern.

Legal or not, the doctor my family uses has been around FOREVER! He delivered my mom, he delivered me, and I'm sure by some act of God he'll stick around to deliver my child someday ;) I like the guy, I really do. However, I wouldn't put it past him to say something to my mom thinking he was "helping". I doubt that he'd come right out and say something like "hey, just fyi brie was in here for BC yesterday." However, I can envision him saying something like "How's Brieanna doing? Her and her boyfriend are still together right? Sure hope they're being responsible! (insert doctor looking at mom like hey! you should check because I think there's some funny business going on there!). Lol, you get what I'm saying I'm sure-it would have been enough to get my mom going on the crazy side again...

Since I moved out I have gotten myself situated with a new Primary Care Provider so that I don't have to even consider this problem anymore :)