sjohnson9206

Midwest Trail Ride

OK ladies and gents, we have a date and location!

I have attached the voting matrix that I used, so please feel free to check it out.

There has been a slight change in venue that I hope everyone is OK with. After further research I could not find a full campground for Kettle Moraine, and after poking around the interwebs I've come across Ukarydee Equestrian Campground. The reviews are good, and seems like a very nice facility with good trails.

Here's the website.

And some reviews..

The following members voted for this time & location, so lets get our resevations in! Please note that all reservations must be completed by phone.

Apps4Life

spring storm

SweetTalk

RodeoCowgirl504

RedneckCowgirlMN

Mestengo

For all others that voted.. I wanted to let you know that Jim and I are planning trips to Bay Creek in IL and both MTR and Deam Lake in IN. I'll be posting a separate thread for each of those when we've decided which dates we're going.

post-50026-0-69802000-1298988910_thumb.jpg

Thats only an hour away from me.... Maybe i can see about hubby getting the day off? the only problem is i donthave a horse or horses to ride but we can still come hang out maybe bring Hawk along?

LOL! Looks like you have a ride Meeker.. that and Jim doesn't always ride out, so I might have a spare. Also, grounds crew can be just as fun, and looks like there's lots to do in the area.

Red, I have a call into the campground, so as soon as soon as they call me back I'll be registered.

Exactly Red... the message I left stated that I was planning on coming 8/5 with a group of people, so just mention my name, Samantha and that I left a message today to make sure we're all linked.

I saw this thread posted quite sometime ago, but been distracted by many other things lately. When is this ride going to be? & is this going to be a ladies only ride, or open to others also? This ride is a 120 miles south of me & won't get any closer again. In all honesty I would prefer to come for only one day, I'm not a great camper, nor do I want to be the only male. I'm just curious. Alot of great scenery in WI. as there is in many other parts of the country. Later PD

I saw this thread posted quite sometime ago, but been distracted by many other things lately. When is this ride going to be? & is this going to be a ladies only ride, or open to others also? This ride is a 120 miles south of me & won't get any closer again. In all honesty I would prefer to come for only one day, I'm not a great camper, nor do I want to be the only male. I'm just curious. Alot of great scenery in WI. as there is in many other parts of the country. Later PD

PD, this is definitely not a ladies only ride.. I need my driver who is my hubby, so there will be at least 1 other guy there. If you only want to come for the day, that's no problem. The main ride will be on Saturday the 6th. I really hope you can make it.

As for camping, as long as there's a potty close, I'm good. :winking:

Pepper my hubby will be coming also the only peoblem were looking at is it will prob only be a day thing fo rus untill we know closer to the day if hubby can get more then one day off....

AND thank you RED..

BTW hubbys already planning on fishing ect LOL i think hes just as excited as me LOL

Just wanted to let you know, I just got off the phone with Mike from the campgrounds. Really nice guy!

I told him we're looking at around 6 campsites, so he's tentatively reserved us 37, 38, 39, 47, 48, and 49. These sites ensure we have electric hook-ups if needed, turnouts for the horses, and afternoon shade. They're also near the potty and the office. There is a shower facility at the office, and it's pay per shower.

Sounds like daily totals per site will be $21 w/out electric and $25 w/ electric. No bridle tag fees as these are private trails.

He did mention that this will be deer fly season, so don't forget your Off!

I'm planning on requesting site #39.

Here is the link to the map, and the reservation form. You need to send in the reservation form with $42 to secure the site... When you send in the form, please remember to mention you're with the Horse City group.

ETA: Forgot Map/Registration form link..

http://horsecampukarydee.com/Campground_Map.php

How I printed the registration form was by right clicking on it, saving to my desktop, opening the file to an image viewer, and then selecting it to print.

Edited by Apps4Life

Peppers Dad, you HAVE to come along! If I can get the College kid to run Jeff's store, he'll come along, if he wants to or not, lol!

I'll see your 120 miles, & raise ya 245, so there! :happy0203:

Jeff may not ride, (Depending if his arm is healing better by then)but he's a great campin' buddy... as long as nobody gets mad when he starts singing in the morning... it's awful! :rolleye0014:

Sounds like a great bunch. Wish I was closer. Maybe some of us could get a camping trip for the Kansas Missouri Oklahoma bunch?

I'll see your 120 miles, & raise ya 245, so there! :happy0203:

Yea... I'll see your 365 and raise you another 105.. yea, that's 470 miles for us. Better than going to Southern AL last year.. that was 570 miles one way.

I just saw this and will be calling tomorrow to make my reservations! Thank you for doing all the scheduling apps!

Edited by spring storm

I'll see what August brings, It seems family life pulls me in many different directions at times. My gelding & I both need to get in shape before we can go on any trail ride. Right now I'm scheduled to work, but I have a boss that works with me, if I give her plenty of notice. PD

I would love to go. However, I probably won't have anyone to cover the office for me on weekends this year. Looks like we are going to have a crazy busy year again & the only person who could cover for me would be hubby. With the new b&b he will be working overnight on weekends. So that leaves me in charge on weekends.

Fingers crossed I can make it work. The location is oh so close to home, the dells are only a 3hr drive.

Thank you for all that you have been doing with planning the trailride.

Spoke with hubby this morning and we should be able to figure away for me to get away for that weekend. The location is just way to close to not try & make the event. I'll be in contact with Red to see what her plans are as she will have to trailer Tucker for me. Once I see what the plans are it will probably be a go for me.

Fingers crossed I do not book a wedding on the train that weekend as it would be the only thing keeping me from going.

August 5 is a great weekend for us. We have the dumbest festival in town that basically shuts our business down & we are quiet.

Biggest problem will be to ask the grandmas if they would be able to take AJ for 4 days.

RRW, No Problem, I can come get you & Tucker, you know that. Spanish, if you come down 35, we can either meet in Rock Creek, then over to Mar's, or you can come over to the farm earlier... up to you!

RRW... uhm... DADDY can handle his offspring, phones, emails, dogs, employees etc for 4 days, if YOU can for weeks & weeks, right? :happy0203:

Hey Apps, how many people per campsite are we allowed to have? If RRW's pony is in my trailer, that counts as 1 rig, right?

Hey Apps, how many people per campsite are we allowed to have? If RRW's pony is in my trailer, that counts as 1 rig, right?

Red, that's a question I forgot to ask. If you call to make your reservation can you ask and post here.

Red, funny that you said that. Hubby said the exact same thing about what happend last season. He was gone so much leaving me the business to keep on track. :wacko:

Well I was wondering is Spanish gonna bring her girl down or will she ride one of your two. Was thinking that I don't have a problem paying for a neighboring site as I know how much love your ponies have for mine "NOT". May make for an interesting weekend if they have to all camp in the same space together.

Also Spanish is welcome to come down to my place the night before. If we have more bodies than will fit in your truck we can also take my blazer.

When the date get closer we can finalize the fine points of planning.