sjohnson9206

Midwest Trail Ride

Red-I was thinking of coming to your place on the 2nd? I'm bring both my horses with an my own trailer. Morgan will most likely be coming and if not, well, i'll still bring my two because I want to go down to the camp site early probably on Thursday morning or so and camp Thurs-Sat night, and head home Sunday

As of right now, its a definite no for me. Thats my niece's 2nd birthday weekend, and I think whey will have something planned for a party.

Hopefully I can catch you at MTR, Apps? Let me know!

Cowgirl...really? a kid's 2nd b day? Forgive me for being crass. But, well, the kid ain't gonna remember if you are there or not.... but when i your next chance to meet BB's?

Spanish, that's great! We can do whatever, k?

LAO, RRW! Well, we have a 16 foot trailer, we know all our kids stand tied just fine.... so all we gotta do is NOT tie Rio next to Tucker, & we won't have... uh... fur-aeration issues, right?:crazy:

Well Tucker does tie nice so long at I tie of the lead rope correct. Will have to say that Rio likes to be the fur-minator to Tucker.

Personally I think Rio goes after Tucker cause he sees Tucker as competition. Rio won't be the only horse with flash :grin:

Cowgirl...really? a kid's 2nd b day? Forgive me for being crass. But, well, the kid ain't gonna remember if you are there or not.... but when i your next chance to meet BB's?

Spanish, that's great! We can do whatever, k?

LAO, RRW! Well, we have a 16 foot trailer, we know all our kids stand tied just fine.... so all we gotta do is NOT tie Rio next to Tucker, & we won't have... uh... fur-aeration issues, right?:crazy:

Oh, I know. I would much rather come meet some BBs. My family is the problem, they would FREAK if i said I wasnt coming. Her first birthday was a fiasco in its self. TONS of people there, I never got to spend "time" with her, and I knew no one except my parents, brother, SIL, and grandparents. My Fianc? & I spent most of the time in their basement playing pool by ourselves. We left quick, after my grandpa accidentally backed into my brother's inlaw's vehicle. Pretty crappy time, really. If I was able to see her other than easter, thanksgiving, and christmas... That would make it tons easier to miss a birthday.

I'll have a chat with my parents soon, and see how they react to the idea, though.

Cross your fingers!

Well, I am happy to see you've chosen my home state. You should have some lovely scenery up there. Unfortunately for me, this location is just too far for a day trip, and even if I could afford an overnighter, I wouldn't trust my old truck or my very green horse on that long of a trip. Maybe one day some of us can meet up in northern Illinois or in Palmyra, Wisconsin, to ride the Southern Kettle.

I hope you folks have a blast!

M.

Mestengo- how far away are you? You could drive up here to my place park your truck and trailer and ride up with us... Ill have and open stall youd be welcome to use if you come up early and room in the trailer... As far as i knwo were 99% sure were going....

Depending on what I'm doing this summer and if anyone might have an extra horse (red have you loaned all yours out yet?) I might try to come AND! I will have the beat all of you with the farthest drive... oh geez, never mind it would take me 15 hours to get there... lol no offense guys but idk if I would make that drive!

Oh, I know. I would much rather come meet some BBs. My family is the problem, they would FREAK if i said I wasnt coming. Her first birthday was a fiasco in its self. TONS of people there, I never got to spend "time" with her, and I knew no one except my parents, brother, SIL, and grandparents. My Fianc? & I spent most of the time in their basement playing pool by ourselves. We left quick, after my grandpa accidentally backed into my brother's inlaw's vehicle. Pretty crappy time, really. If I was able to see her other than easter, thanksgiving, and christmas... That would make it tons easier to miss a birthday.

I'll have a chat with my parents soon, and see how they react to the idea, though.

Cross your fingers!

Just popping in here to say... I spent YEARS doing the family thing cause I was afraid of what my family would think. Then I had my own kids and my whole perspective changed. Truthfully I wish it would have changed years earlier. I did a lot of needless running.

ie to a kids 1st/2nd bday party. The kids don't remember and if the parents are the kind that have a fit then they are to suck on themselves to care about other peoples feelings.

*back to your trail ride planning* :rotf:

Ruck, I am not sure if it is just Red comming from her place to mine. I know she will be bringing Rio & I am sure Kelly will be brought also. I don't know if she has someone lined up for Kelly or not. Well then there is always her big old chunk Rocket. I have ridden him.

Today working on lining up a grandparent for the little man. Ummm...one set are out as they have a wedding in Canada to go to.

Im going to look at a mare next week IF she works out ill have a horse to ride if not il have to barrow one too

RRW were bringing our daughter... If i cant take her on the ride hubbys goingt o be staying at the site anyways to fish..

anyone in MN /SD/IA going? I tentatively may be able to come, and if anyone wants to carpool, I'd be leaving from the Sioux Falls, SD area.

Well, I hope you all can make it, even if you can't bring your horses. Ground crew is still fun, especially with all the adventure this area has to offer.

Serah, Jumper & Meeker, as of right now I have 3 broke horses & a broke pony... by August if she doesn't sell, Tequila will have a few trail miles on her, so that's 5... I am WILLING to bring extra horses. So all ya gotta do is show up. I have to swing up to get RRW's Tucker, & I'll have a full trailer.

It would be sad to bring ALLLL those horses, & have BB's say they can't come because they don't have a horse, right? Honestly, I have tack for all of them, the 3 big ones & the pony can be ridden by my kids, so they're relatively safe! Heck, RRW's ridden them all but the pony! If Tequila's still here, I'll take volunteers to draw straws on who gets stuck-I-mean-gets-to-choose-between.... Rio & Tequila, lol!

Kelly is pretty much point & go, Rocket the Fox trotter is Forest Gump with red hair, & Star, the pony, is like the Energizer Bunny on crack... she just goes...& goes...& goes...lol!

Oh heck Red is right. I have ridden all but the pony. Rocket is really fun to ride & Kelly will take really good care of you. Red, Meeker is a whisp of a person, she could easily ride your pony.

However, before you do haul them all besure you confirm who is going to be there to ride the extra horses. The last thing you need it to take them with no one being at the ride. Why have all the extra work?

Ill let you kno whow it goes with the mare this week... Hopeflly it worksd out itd be nice to hvae a riding horse again.. Its ben over 2 years since ive actually had a horse big einuff or healthy enuff to ride.. BUT i may have to barrow a sadddle if i dont have one by then LOL

Red... if you bring Tequilla, I'm taking her home, I love that little filly.

Also, we'll probably be bringing Peanut, that way we won't be leaving a horse at home alone. Jim wants us to pony him this summer so he gets used to being on the trails.. which ought to be interesting.

Apps, Oh Tequila is B E A U T I F U L :drool: She would be in my yard if I had more experience with horses.

That mare is going to be a show stopper when she is done growing & should be a smart one also.

I know Red won't mind....so here is a teaser for you.

TuckerFriends100310206-1.jpg

Apps, Oh Tequila is B E A U T I F U L :drool: She would be in my yard if I had more experience with horses.

That mare is going to be a show stopper when she is done growing & should be a smart one also.

Yep, you just pay no never mind as I load her into my trailer Red... I'm doing you a favor.. look, she's got a lazy eye and everything.

anyone in MN /SD/IA going? I tentatively may be able to come, and if anyone wants to carpool, I'd be leaving from the Sioux Falls, SD area.

I would be coming from Hettinger, ND (I think) so SuFu would be on the way for me, but its a 14 hour drive... The ND/SD/MN contingent of the board could go to Medora?

Sorry... Tequila is already spoken for... she will be coming to live in ND... or OH soon :wub::D