sjohnson9206

Midwest Trail Ride

:shocked: so for some reason i never clicked on his thread... today i did and this place is 82 miles from me.. Annies in some kind of shape could easily make the day BUT i have no sitter! darn it!!! I must ponder how to conquer the world... if i come ill have a friend with me. Whats the terrain like at this place? hilly or flatish? compared to Wildcat if anyones ever been there?

Welllll, looks like we're out... Friggen Rocket broke my toe yesterday morning, pulling a roll-back in my barn isle. :bang_head: I am SERIOUSLY considering just selling the whole freakin herd.

Welllll, looks like we're out... Friggen Rocket broke my toe yesterday morning, pulling a roll-back in my barn isle. :bang_head: I am SERIOUSLY considering just selling the whole freakin herd.

Red, You sound down, I know that feeling when the sky appears to be falling. I would gladly loan you my gelding, he might need a couple rides to get him in better shape, he's bare foot also. He stands between 14-3 & 15 hands & pushing 1200lbs. Just a thought. Take Care PD

Hey PD, sorry, I was just getting in the parking lot at the hospital when you called, for a recheck on the toe... (Dang thing is swelling enough to try to pop the sutures out...) can you call my house # when you get a minute? I will pm you the #. Thanks!

RRW?? I will see what we can pull off... the boys really want to go. & well, I do too, lol!

Apps, send me a pm with info, I may be able to take your spot...

Spanish, worst case scenario, RRW can come get us & my trailer, & we can pitch a tent, & I can... uh... babysit your beverages for ya while you're supervising my offspring on the trails? LMAO!!! Me & Pepper's Dad can keep the fire goin! :happy0203:

Don't let me snivel & whine & back out, guys! I CAN do this, one way or another... right? :crazy:

LMAO!! okay sounds umm like maybe I should lock my cooler? :P jk

RRW-Do you want anything from Canada land? My friend are coming across this weekend and can pick you up something. They are already bringing me my treats. :)

Burgundy, I went in the barn Monday morning to let the chickens out, & the kids had not made sure to put the chain on the gate. Hubby's Fox Trotter, who is a garbage gut PIG, was hanging out in the barn isle, trying to figure out how to get into the chicken feed.

When I opened the door, he did a hard left rollback to escape the wrath of ticked off Momma... on my bare left foot. Split the skin open on the big toe, broke the 3rd phalanx in 2 places, & started toenail removal the hard way on big & 2nd toe.

(Let me know if you want pics... I'm known around HC for posting gross pics of "red's latest injuries, lol!)

Dang doc felt that with open fracture of the toe, he needed to suture it. (At least my regular doc I saw this morning said SHE would have nerve blocked the toe before she sutured it... NooOOOooo, not the E.R. guy, he apparently wanted to test the restraining techniques of his male nurses, & do the lidocaine injections into the toe around the laceration!)

Male nurse restraining techniques are a bit difficult to wiggle out of, but they did apologize to me afterwards. They DID keep me from kicking ER doc in the throat, barely, which probably would have just made everyones' day worse anyways... Hubby finally has circulation back in his hand, after holding mine for me for the procedure. :winking:

I don't mean this but... rofl! I LOVE your story telling. Always have! (Lurker of 7 years) pics would have been a nice cake topper. I love gross pics. I made hunny take pics of my back stitches last night so I could "see".

Anyway! I hope you recover perfectly. If not you'll have something to scare future grandkids with.. "better behave or nanas toe will get you!"

I hope to meet you! You seem tough skined and fun!!! :D

Spanish, I gave my mom about $50 canadian for when they go to Sask for my cousins wedding. Told her to stock me up on Smarties and sesamie snaps. Ok so heavier stock on the Smarties. I'll be good to go when they get back from that trip. However, my idea of stocking & hers are totally different. Oh that would be great if you wouldn't mind taking Tucker in your trailer. We can always load cargo in the Blazer & I have a small trailer for the blazer we can load up for supplies if need be. Was really hoping that this trip would be the push for hubby to rebuild my trailer. However, knowing him he will do the work 4 days before we leave.

Red, you had better put your big girl panties on for this trip. If not they are going on the flag pole with you in them. As for sitting my drink. I DON'T THINK SO.......

Burgundy, if you can go camping contact the campground. as I know he has kinda sanctioned of a grouping of site for us crazy HC people.

By the way, Spanish if you get to Spooner before 5pm we can ride the BBQ train for dinner that night. Red same with you cause I know your boy wanted to go for a ride again this year. So is you do then we will have to get a pic of our boys in the vestibule again this year.

I'm not camping unfortunately. I only have the sitter for a day..

So what time are you heading out Saturday morning to hit the trails?

Ill be calling the campground today to figure out fees, parking, and what not.ill let ya know what I find.

RRW-THAT would be SWEET! Sure no problem on tucker either! :) Whichever truck I bring down is more than tough enough and able to pull all our shttttuffff. Oh and we should def be there by five mar. We are planning on leaving the falls around 10:30 or so. 11 at the latest but the earlier we leave the better. Especially since I'm navigating Duluth. lol.

Umm...do they sell fire wood at this camp ground? Anyone know? I'm not gunna lie, I really don't wanna haul wood all 7.5 hours one way. LOL! Plus, is it like it is in MN, where in Campgrounds and what not you have to have DNR approved wood for your own state? Thought I'd ask as I kinda just thought of that. Gotta have a campfire to get my chef on while we're out in the "woods".

Is anyone else going to be there Thursday? :jump:

Burgundy, you silly girl you. When you show up & are ready to ride then we go ride. It has been a challenge just planning transportation for everyone, you think we are seriously planning ride time? :rotf::rotf:

We girls are insane not crazy :crazy:

My son learned how to roll over today! Did it 3 times in a row!!! And now likes peaches and bananas!! Sorry had to share that..

so here's how silly I truely am... I can't find anyone to come with me, you all will talk with me right? Wont laugh at me for riding English or when Annie stops and thinks something as simple as snow fence is going to eat her and makes another horse go first? Your not a group of serial killers and I'm your next victim?

In all honesty you couldnt hide or get rid of my truck and trailer if u wanted to. The trucks a Dodge and the trailer looks absolutely run down. No ones going to want either of them! :D

Yea, I'm going, bringing 2-3 kids, 3-4 horses, & PD *MIGHT* be coming for a short visit... Heck, that's almost 8 or 9?

Since you gals are going to be within a 110 miles of me, I wouldn't mind stopping in briefly on Friday evening the 5th. If that would work, I'm suspose to work the weekend, & my daughter is coming up from Texas that weekend also, so alot happening at the same time, but that's okay, it keeps me from sitting on my butt to much. Take Care, PD