Sign in to follow this  
GemEllie0613

I Got The All Clear From The Vet

I wanted my vet to check my QH mare Josie before I had her bred this would be her first foal and I wanted to make sure she could get pregnant and was completly healthy enough to have a foal, if anything came back negative the whole breeding would be called off. My vet gave me the go ahead today :happy0203: everything came back great. So next month I will be breeding my mare, she will bred to a westen pleasure stallion with Invitation Only and Hotrodders Jet Set in his blood lines, he's black and has been tested to make sure he doesn't carry the red gene and he doesn't. I'm very excited :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

In case anyone wants to see what Josie looks like, here she is

2010-05-02141855.jpg

100_2919.jpg

Edited by GemEllie0613

Congrats. I'm going through the same thing with my mare. I get my results back in a few days. Looks like we will be breeding at the same time. Your mare is beautiful. What is the name of the stallion?

Congratulations! :yahoo: Your mare is gorgeous, love her face. If you can post a picture of the future dad.

Thank you :) I'll post a link to the stud pic on sun

Congrats. I'm going through the same thing with my mare. I get my results back in a few days. Looks like we will be breeding at the same time. Your mare is beautiful. What is the name of the stallion?

I hope everything comes back good for your mare :) the stud name is Set For Life

WOWZA! he's purty. Will this be your first baby?

Edited: Will this be your first full breeding experience?

Edited by Dustmaker

WOWZA! he's purty. Will this be your first baby?

Edited: Will this be your first full breeding experience?

I have experience with foals but this is my first breeding, I'm very excited

Josie and the stallion are tall so that should give you a baby with some height. I'm doing AI also and the vet gave me the all clear yesterday. :happy0203: Keeping my fingers and toes crossed that Josie and my mare take on the first try. Wonder who will be AI'd first?????

Josie and the stallion are tall so that should give you a baby with some height. I'm doing AI also and the vet gave me the all clear yesterday. :happy0203: Keeping my fingers and toes crossed that Josie and my mare take on the first try. Wonder who will be AI'd first?????

Yea, I figured too the foal will be tall, I don't mind though, I used to have a 16.3 and a 17 hand TB, so I'm used to tall lol. I really hope your mare catches the first time too, I'll keep my fingers and toes crossed for you too. You will have to let me know when she catches. I already have Josie on mare plus, my BO who does breeding regularly says it will help with reproduction. The BO is breeding her QH mare to the same stallion that Josie is being bred too, she wants to AI her mare the same day as mine, hopefully mine, her's and yours catch the first time

That would be cool if your BO mare and your mare are done on the same day. I looked into Mare Plus and it looked like it would be a good supplement. I'll ask my vet when I see him tomorrow.

That would be cool if your BO mare and your mare are done on the same day. I looked into Mare Plus and it looked like it would be a good supplement. I'll ask my vet when I see him tomorrow.

Yea I'm gonna laugh if they go into labor on the same day lol. Yea my BO swears by Mare Plus

Yea he's been shown and did real well

Umm ... actually not entirely true. This is from his page:

His show career was put on hold during his 2 YO year as he contracted EPM, but only a mild case.

If he did real well, I would think they would advertise that fact?

Either way, he is a nice looking stallion!

Well it looks like Ari might be ready around April 9. How is Josie doing?

She doing good thanks for asking, I won't be breeding her until mid April though, good luck with Ari, I'm keeping fingers and toes crossed that she catches the first time

Just bumping this back up. How is Josie doing? Looks like Ari will be bred on April 13.

Hi PeppySue, she's doing great, The BO and I are breeding Josie and Melody (BO horse) at the end of April. Melody did have a infection come back in her culture (nothing serious but it does need to be cleared up before she can be bred) so I'm waiting on her since the BO and I are doing the mulitable mare discount. The BO did talk to the vet, he said the infection Melody has is easily cleared up and there will be no problems clearing it and she can be bred right after that, she's already had the vet treat the infection and she gonna get Melody checked next week to be sure it's been cleaed up and then were all set to go.

I'm excited for you and Ari, keeping fingers and toes crossed that Ari catches right away :happy0203: keep me posted :smileywavey:

I can't for the life of me understand why people put so much enphasis on whether a stallion as shown or not. Just becuase they have a winning record dosen't mean they will produce a winner! Royal never went to a show like this guy, (becuase of a broken leg as a two year old. it was a fracture from what we were told when we got him. Funny enough simial bloodline in Invitation Only) so he was never shown. I have ridden him, he is sound and is a good boy to ride. Royal has never shown and yet he produced a World Chamption. My coaches stallion only showed a little as a 2 and 3 year old then retired to stud. Not congress or the world just local AQHA. He sired a superhorse and multipul congress and world chapions. Ok rant over.

I think he is a nice stallion and I hope you get a really nice foal from him. Keep us updated on the progress :yahoo:

Hi GemEllie. Glad to hear Josie is doing well. Also good to hear Melody's infection will not cause any problems once it is gone. Ari is playing the waiting game. Looks like she won't be ready until next Tuesday or Wednesday. If she keeps this up, mayber her, Josie, and Melody will all be AI's together. Do you have a day in mind yet for Josie? I'm hoping that all our mares take on the first time and then all the babies are born together. That would be so cool.

I can't for the life of me understand why people put so much enphasis on whether a stallion as shown or not. Just becuase they have a winning record dosen't mean they will produce a winner! Royal never went to a show like this guy, (becuase of a broken leg as a two year old. it was a fracture from what we were told when we got him. Funny enough simial bloodline in Invitation Only) so he was never shown. I have ridden him, he is sound and is a good boy to ride. Royal has never shown and yet he produced a World Chamption. My coaches stallion only showed a little as a 2 and 3 year old then retired to stud. Not congress or the world just local AQHA. He sired a superhorse and multipul congress and world chapions. Ok rant over.

I think he is a nice stallion and I hope you get a really nice foal from him. Keep us updated on the progress :yahoo:

Thank You desputedwesten :smileywavey: I deffiently will, and once the foal is born, TONS of pictures, I'm a very camera happy person

Hi GemEllie. Glad to hear Josie is doing well. Also good to hear Melody's infection will not cause any problems once it is gone. Ari is playing the waiting game. Looks like she won't be ready until next Tuesday or Wednesday. If she keeps this up, mayber her, Josie, and Melody will all be AI's together. Do you have a day in mind yet for Josie? I'm hoping that all our mares take on the first time and then all the babies are born together. That would be so cool.

That would be cool if they all catch on the same day and all have their foals on the same day, if that happens everyone at the barn already taking bets on when Josie and Melody foals will be born, half of them are betting on the same day lol.

I know it's a bit premature but I'm already thinking of barn names for the foal ( I always plan ahead lol)

If it's a colt, since seeing the movie Tangled I decided his barn name will be Max after the horse in the movie, I love the horse in the movie.

For a filly, I have several picked out- Mia, Lilly, Jewel, Zoe, Chloe, Lexy, Daisy and Sunny. I like them all and can't decide between them, guess I'll have to wait until the foal is born and if it is filly see which one fits her the best.

The name thing will be hard, exspecially since I have to pick out 6 registard names for his/her AQHA registary. I have a few picked out but I'm waiting tell the foal is born on the chance the few I picked out could be gone by the 2011 spring crop coming.

Ok, changed my mind on the barn name for the foal, as mentioned in the above post ^^^^^ if Josie has a colt I'm gonna name the colt Max after the horse in the movie Tangled, well I know what name I want to use if it's a filly and it's none of the ones mentioned above.

The BO has a mare that due this May 21 the supposed Judgement day, because of that the BO is gonna name the foal if it's a colt Judge, I joked how one of her mares is due on the upcoming Judgement Day and doesn't get a reprieve because next year she and I will have foals due in 2012. So I'm set on the name Max for my foal if it's a colt no matter what, so kidding around wise we were thinkin about filly names for 2012, things like Destiny or Fate, My boyfriend came up and asked what we were talking about and I told him, I can't remember precisely what he said but it was something with him saying the Mayan calander for 2012. It then hit me when I heard the word Mayan, "Maya" as soon as I said it out loud everyone agreed, if Josie has a filly, I'm gonna name her Maya since it very close to Mayan.

I know it's a bit premature on thinking of names right now, but what can I say, I plan ahead :happy0203: , I am waiting on picking out regisitard names for the AQHA registary

Hi GemEllie. Was just wondering if you got Josie bred? I had to wait on Ari as last month's cycle turned anovulatory. She has a new follicle now and got a shot today to bring her into heat. Hoping she will be bred on Monday or the early part of next week.

So is Josie preggers yet? Ari was bred on May 10th so I've still got a week before I find out if she took. Keeping my fingers crossed that both our mares are pregnant.

No I'm calling it off this year because the EVH-1 out break, Josie and Melody were schedualed to go to the vets this week but with outbreak were on lock down, so we are just playing it safe, I'm gonna breed her next year, but I may be buying a yearling filly, she's on the ranch and the BO has had her since she was a wealing, she double reg with the apha and aqha, she chestnut with 3 white socks, a blaze and two blue eyes, her name is Diva, I think her reg name is Like My Blues, she got named that for her blue eyes, she is very sweet and very smart. Good luck with Ari, let me know if she pregnant, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for u that sneak is :)

Edited by GemEllie0613

Well it is better to be safe and wait a year than to risk exposure. That filly sounds gorgeous though. I'll let you know how it turns out with Ari. Stay safe and keep us updated if you get that filly. And if you do, lots of pics are a must. :happy0203: