Sign in to follow this  
Shani

Photography With My New Camera

Well here are some pictures with my new camera!! I still have alot to learn of course! But it really doesn't seem that hard!

Sonny's eye.. i did some editing in photoshop :ph34r:

SonnyEdited3smaller-1.jpg

Patch

PuppiesMarch6.jpg

PuppiesMarch7.jpg

Goodies

SmallerMegansbday4.jpg

Yum!

SmallerMegansbday1.jpg

wow sorry they are so huge...

and in the next post....

Edited by Shani

And some rodeo pics from last week... it is so hard to get good clear picts in an indoor arena at night. SO I went for the fast motion type of look :winking:

SmallerCollegerodeo1.jpg

SmallerCollegerodeo2.jpg

SmallerCollegerodeo3.jpg

SmallerCollegerodeo4.jpg

SmallerCollegerodeo6.jpg

SmallerCollegerodeo7.jpg

SmallerCollegerodeo8.jpg

Very nice...

You did a good job. Remember that the camera is just a tool that you (the photographer) use to create images. It's not about the camera - its how you use it... :smilie:

Very nice...

You did a good job. Remember that the camera is just a tool that you (the photographer) use to create images. It's not about the camera - its how you use it... :smilie:

Great advice, which I know, but commonly for get when I am taking pictures or upset with how my pictures came out.

To the OP: I cannot believe I did not ask what is your new camera?

Great advice, which I know, but commonly for get when I am taking pictures or upset with how my pictures came out.

To the OP: I cannot believe I did not ask what is your new camera?

Thanks guys :D

and thanks for the advice. I too forget that..

My new camera is a Cannon 60D, with a 55-250 mm lens, I love it to pieces! I can not believe how easy it is to use it... I just love it! :D

it's similer to the Rebel T2i (18 megpixels) except it is slightly faster at 5.3 fps. The rebel is 3.something fps.

Ah thats too funny! I was in that rodeo in Walla Walla.... I was in slack however... the first guy is on my team though, Connor Ackley.

Do you have any more photos?

Lol really? Yes I do have more pictures.. Prob not as clear as these but I will check again. So the first rodeo pic i posted is Conner?

Yep, CWU Rodeo team.

Did you stick around for slack any? Thats when I rode, unfortunately.

Those breakaway calves were HORRIBLE!! See those horns?? They aren't suppose to have those!! lol Fri my loop would have slipped over it's head, but it ended up bouncing right off the horn... then Sat night I just threw a bad loop.

Barrelracer17 (Jocelyn) was also there.

You should definitely post more! :)

Edited by saudimack

haha oh wow! Her's are much clearer then mine!! Not really much to compare! lol

But here are mine anyway.. Now it would be a different story if the rodeo was during the day outside!! lol.. I can't wait for this summer!! Hoping to take some good ones at the Pendleton Round up. Yee Haw! Let'er buck!! Or something like that lol

http://s281.photobucket.com/albums/kk222/Kyacowgirl/Rodeos/

Here is a link to my pictures that I took last time I was there...

http://s281.photobucket.com/albums/kk222/Kyacowgirl/Pendleton%20Round-up%20Rodeo/

And now I have a MUCH better camera, and can't wait to use it!

Amy actually caught me in one of her photos.. with the camera in front of my face..:D...picture 54

She got some good pictures!

I don't know if I stuck around for slack...im not sure what that means... :questionicon:

Edited by Shani

Ok so in Rodeo, only a certain amount of people are drawn for the "performance" which is what you were watching... and is what a crowd normally comes to watch. A computer randomly draws people to compete in the perf... then the 'rest' of the competitors compete in slack. Its still a part of the rodeo, but not many watch it because its usually not as exciting as the perf, because its one after another. The perf is shortened and limits usually only 10 people in it so the crowd doesnt get bored. Where as slack could have like 40 barrel racers for instance.

So, IDK which night you came, but Saturday night (by the looks of your photos?) slack was right after the perf. It went on for another couple hours. So I had to joys of riding when it was freezing that night gettin ready to rope.

But good photos! You got a few more of some of my teammates which is pretty neat!

You should come to the Ellensburg Rodeo. Its an outdoor rodeo as well.. also try hitting up some Pro West rodeos or NPRA.... or go to the rest of the college rodeos.. we have 3 more weekends left of it.. Eburg, Colfax, and Hermiston.

Ok wow!.. gotcha!... That makes tons of sense!! I wondered why it looked like stuff was still going on in the arena when everbodys leaving... But I never stayed to find out...:(( oh well now I know! Thanks for telling me!

And now I know why it never seemed like there were very many competitors..(in the perf)

Yes we were there Sat night.. Would have stayed and taken more pictures if I would have known about slack..

I love taking action pics.

Anyway yah Maybe I'll show up at some of the other college ones.. Especially if they are outside in the daylight! :D