Sign in to follow this  
chevygurlz712002

Lupus Or Ra

I was curious if anyone that has Lupus or RA would be willing to share some info about themselves.

I am currently under going some tests and based upon my symptoms and the tests that are being ran,it looks as if my doc might be leaning towards Lupus or RA.

The research I have done seems to gel more with Lupus.

Thanks in advance.

My ex has it. She started showing symptoms about a year after we were married and couldn't get a diagnosis until about a dozen years later. They just didn't know that much about it back then. The best advice I can give is to do what the Dr tells you. My ex didn't and she's in pretty rough shape with it today.

Was your ANA positive? Don't panic yet - mine has been positive for 12-15 years, and I'm fine so far. It can indicate a wide range of auto immune issues, some far worse than others. Treatment has come so far with both lupus and RA, it's not the same prognosis for most people that it was even a decade ago.

My ANA is positive and my SED rate stays between 65-75. But I don't exhibit any of the traditional 'symptoms' other than occasional joint pain...and I'm not on any medications. I do stay in close contact with my rheumatologist for regular checkups though.

Good luck.