dezzy_fletcher

Fate And Destiny

Okay, I'm kinda new to this, so let's see if I can make this any good.

All the members of this are at a horse stable on Eastern,Oregon.

We are all different ages, different levels.

There are three instructors at the facility, one for Western riding/Reining/Barrel Racing

One for Dressage/Jumping

and one for beginner riders.

Each person can have 3 horses.

The facility is a large place with a 200'x180' indoor arena, there are 3 large covered round pens, an indoor dressage ring and an indoor arena with a jump pattern set up. There are trails that go through the woods behind the barn, a half mile 'track' set up for race conditioning.

Also, there are 72 stalls with 12'x20' paddocks attached.

When you join, post at the top

your characters

Name

Level (beginner intermediat or experienced)

Position (boarder, trainer, or student)

A description of yourself:

what style or discipline you ride:

For each horse:

Registered name:

Barn name:

Breed:

Color:

Discipline trained for:

Personality:

This could be fun :)

Name: Alexis Jameson

Level: Experienced

Position: Student in Dressage/show jumping training.

A description of yourself: My name is Alexis, I'm kind of tall for a girl, with long blonde hair. I'm very outgoing and I smile alot. I'm willing to help people if they just ask.

what style or discipline you ride: Dressage, Show Jumping, Barrel Racing, Pole Bending

Registered name: Shampayne Magik

Barn name: Shammie

Breed: Palomino horse/ QHxWB

Color: Palomino/black paint

Discipline trained for: Halter, In-Hand Trail

Personality: Shammie has a very bubbly personality with alot of curiosity. I plan to do dressage as a 2-3 year old then barrel race. She loves to run, and will be your best friend if you feed her poptarts.

Registered name: Darkest Be4 The Dawn

Barn name: Dawn or Dawnerz

Breed: Quarter Horse

Color: Black

Discipline trained for: Barrel Racing, Pole Bending, Jumping

Personality: Dawn is a 15hh running machine. She is very calm and sensitive but loves to go when its time. She is very animated in her movement and very sweet.

Registered name:Stardust

Barn name: Baby

Breed: Friesian Warmblood

Color: Bay

Discipline trained for: In training for dressage and show jumping

Personality: Baby is a 16.2 hand WB with alot of animation, he can be lazy at times, and likes to lounge in the shade on a warm day. He is very sensitive and soft with alot of try under saddle, sometimes nips due to being a stallion.

Alexis:

I walk into the barn and check my watch.

"Hey guys," I smile up at my horses, realizing no one else has reached the stables yet, "I'm a little early I think. I guess it is only seven." I grab my brushes and my tack from the tack rooms and crosstie Stardust. I begin to groom him and wait for the other dressage students and the trainer.

Name Aimee Young

Age 23

Level (beginner intermediat or experienced) Intermediate

Position (boarder, trainer, or student) Boarder

A description of yourself: I'm a very fun loving, normally easy to get along with person. I love to learn, and am always asking questions. I have stick straight black hair that falls about halfway down my back, and green eyes. I'm short, but don't let that fool you. Big person, small package

what style or discipline you ride: Western riding/barrels. Thinking about taking up jumping

Registered name: Lunar Eclipse

Barn name: Luna

Breed: Appendix Quarter Horse

Color: Black with three whote socks and a blaze

Discipline trained for: Barrels and trail

Personality: Luna is a generally laid back mare, but, like all mares, has her moments. Her favourite passtime is snoozing in the shade, or breaking out of the pasture/stall. She's a bit of a houdini horse

Registered name: Jack-O-Lantern

Barn name: October, Toby

Breed:TB

Color: Bay with no white at all

Discipline trained for: In training for Jumping, barrels

Personality: Toby is a trouble maker. He's the type horse that you never know what to expect. some days he'll be great, others, not so much. He's not a mean horse, just very clear about what he wants. Very sensitive, needs a light hand when being ridden. Not always good for anyone else to ride, he likes to test new riders

Aime:

I get to the barn at about 7:15 and hear Toby announcing his displeasure at my late arrival with an ear piercing whinny.

"Morning!" I call to Alexis as I pass on my way to Toby's stall. He's pacing and weaving in anticipation of breakfast. Luna, upon inspection, is completely oblivious to my arrival. She's snoozing in the corner of her stall

Edited by GeneralMyBaby

Alexis:

"Morning Aimee!" I yell back, excited that the silence of my brush on Stardust is broken. I hear Toby whinny at Aimee and laugh.

"Well he sounds happy." I say around the aisle corner.

I throw my saddle on Stardust and tie up the irons. I might as well ride Dawn until the instructor arrives.

Aimee:

I laugh and nod. "Yeah, cause you know the poor horse is starving" I comment as I enter Toby's stall and give him a scratch on the neck.

"What does does the instructor get here today?" I ask after dumping toby's breakfast in his bucket, and Luna's in hers.

(I might have to be an instructor for now til we get one)

Alexis:

"Haha, he always is," I laugh, "I don't know, hopefully soon! I'm putting Stardust in his stall and riding Dawn until then"

I start to saddle Dawn, silently hoping that the instructor arrives soon.

(if we dont have one by tomorrow night, I will be a temporary instructor)

(Alright, that works for me. I don't mind being temp charries either, of needcharries either if need be)

Aimee:

"Sounds good" I say, grooming Toby as he eats. "Mind having some company for the ride? My piglet here could use a good warm up before the lesson" Once he's finished gobbling his breakfast, I saddle Toby quickly and lead him out of his stall

Name: Cameron Adamson

Level (beginner intermediat or experienced): experienced

Position (boarder, trainer, or student): Temp trainer

A description of yourself: Cameron is a very assertive, if not often rude dressage trainer. He is no longer allowed to ride due to a back injury. The students who survive his class, while few, have gone on to win huge competitions.

what style or discipline you ride: dressage

Alexis:

"Haha sure! I'm going to stick to the arena until our trainer gets here. I'm a tad frustrated. the lesson was supposed to start at 7:30 and its 7:42"

I fight down my impatience as I saddle Dawn and lead her to the arena. I mount up and begin flexing exersizes.

Cameron:

I park my car in the lot outside the stable and stare at it halfheartedly.

"Just another day... *sigh* at least I'm only their temp trainer."

I open the door and drag myself from the car, then proceed to walk into the aisleway of the barn slowly. I hear voices in the arena and I round th corner and stop by the gate to watch the riders.

Aimee:

I nod and follow Alexis to the arena and mount Toby.

"Wow..." I say, shaking my head. "Good of the instructor to be punctual, huh?" I tend to get impatient with people who can't be on time. especially when they're the one who set the time for the appointment/lesson/meeting

Alexis:

"Yeah, I know." I shake my head and move Dawn into an easy collected canter across the arena. As she is sidepassing back towards the gate, I catch sight of Cameron.

Cameron:

"Is thatthe horse you're using for the lesson?" I ask. The movement isn't fluid enough for a balanced dressage horse. The rider's arrogant snort leaves me a bit shocked.

"Are you joking? This horse wouldn't do more that schooling 1st if she was paid carrots!" then she looks at me again, "Who are you?"

I stare her down, disliking my temp job more than ever.

"The temp trainer, your personal trainer is on sick leave. I'm Cameron Adamson. So, if you're not using that animal, will you please go get the one you are to use? we're already behind schedule"

Alexis: My jaw almost drops and I think to myself 'he didnt really just say that did he?' but I dismount and leave Dawn saddled in her stall, grabbing Stardust and loosening the irons. I can tell today's lesson will not be fun.

Aimee:

I'm a bit shocked at the trainer's immediate attitude. "And who's fault is it, exacty, that you're behind?" I ask. "You're almost 20 minutes late. Real professional" I shake my head and roll my eyes. Toby snorts as though in agreement

Cameron:

"Considering I didn't get the call until this morning, be glad i'm even here."

Alexis:

"hey, if you don't want to be here, then leave. We can wait til our real trainer gets back."

I decide not to participate in today's lesson, instead opting for some low schooling jump practice on Stardust.

Cameron:

'Why must students always be so non motivated?'

I think to myself. I suddenly wish I could ride so I could show them I am not just some random guy who was invited out to yell at them.

Aimee:

This guy's attitude is getting to me.

"We're not 'non motivated'" I say, making air quotes around on motivated. "We're just not gona sit here and let some random guy walk in and throw attitude at us like that. Alexis is right. If you don't want to be here, we'll wait for the regular trainer"

Cameron:

I quietly stare at her, anger seething inside of me. I've been taking this treatment for the last 7 years, teaching unnappreciative students with no gratification to myself.

"Give me your horse." I say to Alexis. My brain is telling me not to do what I'm about to do, but my cares are gone.

Alexis:

"What? My horse? Why?"

Is he kidding? Does he honestly think Stardust will work for him, some temp trainer who probably read all he knows.

Cameron:

"Just do it, now." I take the reins from her grasp and evaluate the semi-large stallion I'm about to settle onto.I seat myself in the saddle stiffly, my nerves causing a white knuckle grip on the reins. To my surprise my back doesnt cramp like it did the first 2 years when I tried to ride. I relax and tell myself it's just like a show, then I work. I can tell some of the things I ask this horse to do are new, but he is soft and he prances around in freestyle responding to my every move.

Alexis: I watch Cameron ride, awestruck. That kind of riding doesnt come from books or backyard trails rides. He had apparently taken lessons from someone good. I've never been able to get Stardust to piaffe quite so beautifully. He was stiff in his back, but still moved gracefully with my big, sometimes hard to handle stud.

Aimee:

I watch the temp trainer wide eyed. "Wow..." I whisper to Alexis. "Maybe he really does know what he's talking about after all"

By now, I've dismounted from Toby and stand, watching. I notice the stiffness of the man, but that doesn't seem to affect the grace with which he's directing the large horse

Alexis:

I nod.

"I'm not even sure what to do. I thought he wasn't supposed to be riding." I watch for a while longer.

"I think this is our lesson today. I'm going to have to rub Stardust soo good tonight."

I go back to watching just as Stardust comes to a halt in front of us, froth dripping from his lips and muscles quivering.

"And that, ladies, is how it is done" Cameron says, but this time he doesn't sound rude, and his eyes sparkle. I smile at Aimee.

Cameron:

I slip my right foot out of the iron and let myself down to the soft dirt.

I am thouroughly ecstatic. The reason I had quit riding was a nerve pinch that only happenedin the saddle, but miraculously, nothing had hurt except for the stiff muscles, unused to the work I had just asked of them.

"I will cool him out for you, thank you." I start to walk away, leading the sweaty stallion behind me.

Name: Harper O'Connell

Level: advanced intermediate

Position: boarder

Description: somewhat a loner. Mainly sticks to her horse. Tall at nearly 6 feet. Long black hair. Dark brown eyes. Rarely wears any color besides black.

Discipline: western

Registered Name: Gallows Pole

Barn Name: "G"

Breed: AQHA

Color: Palomino

Discipline: western (trails, barrels, and poles)

Personality: G is a very laid back gelding that only gets excited when he sees barrels, poles, or food. The rest of the time he could care less. Happiest in the shade of a tree or in his stall getting groomed. Should have been called Lazy Bones.

Harper

As I walk into the barn to get G out and ready I hear folks talking. Curious I walk outside and see Aimee and Alexis with some new guy. I walk over to see what's up.

"Hey y'all, umm who is that?" I ask pointing to the guy now leading Alexis' horse off.

(y'all looked like ya could use another :D )

Edited by Sayge

(Yay, Sayge, I could hug you right now, haha)

Aimee:

I nod as I listen to Alexis, but my concentration is still on Cameron. The man was good, no two ways about it. I smile when he speaks again, apparently rude isn't his only approach. I look to Alexis with a smile. "Alright, maybe he's not so bad after all

I jump a bit when Harper speaks. I hadn't even noticed her arrive. "Hey"I greet her with a grin. "That's the temp trainer who just showed us what a real horseman can do" I explain. "He hijacked her horse," I nod toward Alexis, "And put on one heck of a show."

Toby, by now, is getting antsy, shuffling his feet and bumping me with his nose

Harper:

Temp trainer, well that makes sense I think to myself. "Oh, okay. I guess I should have arrived earlier so I could have witnessed the show myself. Will there be a repeat performance tomorrow?" I ask while glancing at Toby.

"He looks like he is getting a bit antsy and ready for a show of his own, after I get G tacked up do ya wanna help me set up barrels and we can take turns running?"

Aimee:

I shug. "Not really sure. He sure looked like he was having a good time, though." I smile at her comment about Toby. "Yeah, that would be great. Poor Toby's been pretty patient, all things considered" I smile and rub the gelding's face affectionately. "If you want, I can set the barrels up while you get G tacked up, since I'm ready"| I offer

Harper:

"Ok, and I will take them down afterwards. Thanks."

I head to the barn to get tacked up. As I walk in I let out a low whistle. It's answered by a soft nicker and G hangs his head over the stall door.

"Hello young man, are you ready to ride today? Aimee and Toby will be joining us." I tell him as I bridle him.

After he is tacked I lead him towards the arena. He gets excited and peppy when he notices the barrels.

"Easy there boy, you'll get your turn to run." I tell him.

Aimee:

I nod and set to work getting the barrels up. It's not long before I can hear G's excited approach. I swing lightly back on to Toby and rub his neck. "Ready for some fun?"I ask him, smilinmg when he swings around when he hears G. "I'm thinking they're both a bit excited" I call over to Harper when I see her

(Sorry I've been gone!!! And SAYGE thank you for joining :) )

Alexis:

"I'm not sure if Cameron is in tomorrow or not. I'd like to join you guys for barrel runs if you don't mind since he is walking Stardust out and Dawn is already tacked up. I'll go grab her." I smile brightly. Finally, I get to spend a little time doing something I'm really good at.

Cameron: I hear them talking about the ride I just did and I pat Stardust affectionately.

"Thank you," I say to him, "It's been a long time, too long..." I silently wonder if they'd let me come back to ride tomorrow, and decide I will ask when Stardust is done walking...

(No worries :) )

Aimee:

I smile at Alexis' request. "Of course we don't mind" I look over to Harper for confirmation. "Right, Harper?"

I glance over and can see Cameron patting Stardust and talking to him. I feel a bit bad about how I acted toward him earlier and make an impulsive decision. "Hey, I'll be right back"I say to my friends, sliding off of Toby abd walking over to Cameron.

"I'd like to apologize for some of the things I said earlier"I say when I reach him. "I spoke and acted on assumptions instead of giving you a chance. I'm sorry"

Cameron:

I was shocked to hear Aimee's apology, and just as shocked to hear myself say,

"I am sorry too, i have gotten steadily more bitter over the past few years... I hadn't realized how bad it had gotten. I am sure you and your horse are a wonderful pair and I should not have said what I said."

I smiled sincerely and extended my hand for a truce shake.

Harper:

I smile at Toby's eagerness to go.

"Nope, I don't mind a bit. G certainly doesn't mind the company either." I say about the time Aimee hits the ground and walks over to Where Cameron and Stardust are.

"I'm going to warm G up, but we will be ready to go when you get back with Dawn," I tell Alexis as I swing up into the saddle.

(my pleasure to join. And it's so ironic that I get to write about swinging into saddles when I can't without a boost lmao!)

Aimee:

I'm pleasantly surprised at Cameron's answer and smile in reply. "Thank you: I say, shaking his hand. "We would like it if you could come out tomorrow again, if you have time" I add, knowing that I, for one, would enjoy watching someone as talented as he ride more.

Toby, antsy as all heck now, begins shifting from foot to foot and calls to G, obviously annoyed with the lack of activity

(Sayge, it's funny you say that, I was thinking the same thing about myself, haha)

Edited by GeneralMyBaby

Alexis: I grab dawns reins and clip them back onto the shanks of the bit in her mouth. She looks at me with a look that clearly says 'lets go!!' and she walks out of the stall eagerly. I get on her and head to the arena, glad for the chance to stretch Dawn out and let her run.

Cameron:

"I am sure I will" I say to Aimee. I smile again and continue to walk Stardust.

(Yeah and I get to write that my horse is fast when really, she runs 18s on a good day lol)

Aimee:

I smile and nod in thanks, then head back for the arena, swinging onto Toby's back again. "Sorry, I was less than polite to him earlier and wanted to apologize" I explain to harper as I start toby around the arena. "You want to go first?" I ask Alexis.

(Hey, at least you have a barrel horse. My mare was supposed to be a barrel prospect, but instead decided she'd rather do jumping :duh: )

Harper

"That's not a problem at all," I say to Aimee as I'm moving out of the way for Alexis, "I needed to take G for a quick warm up spin anyways."

(well I would just like to say both of you have me beat. I own a draft horse that couldn't run fast or get her rear end off the ground if her life depended on it. She can drive like nobodies business though)