dezzy_fletcher

Fate And Destiny

Aimee:

I nod at Harper's answer. "So looks like you'll get a chance to watch the temp trainer ride tomorrow" I comment as I work Toby trotting some circles whil I wait for Alexis to be ready. "The ride seemed to really mellow him out. almost a scary difference"

(Yeah, but you've got me beat a a ridable horse, haha. My Miss Priss, while good for her age and experience level, is a bit of a freak show)

(haha :] i have a big warmblood i do jumping with and a barrel mare and then a filly out of the 2, i got lucky)

Alexis:

"Thanks, yeah guys. Oh I forgot to tell you, after today im going on vacation for a week" I smile brightly though im sad to be leaving.

I trot dawn in a few quick circles to prepare her for the run. after a couple circles, I sit forward and kiss at her. When we get back to the wall, I breathe deeply and pat her on the neck.

"good girl..." I tell her as I scratch her and walk her back to the wall.

(Okay my laptop at home crashed, I will be on to fill in for Cameron tomorrow, but other than that i might not be on for a few days, if anyone knows how to do invites, get ahold of Wildhorsefeathers and those guys. i havent asked all of them to join yet.)

Alexis:

I clap enthusiastically when Alexis finishes her run. "Not bad at all!" I smile. "So where are you going on vacation?" I ask, trotting Tobu in small circles to keep him busy. When he's calmed down a bit, I line him up for the pattern, intending to trot and lope it to start with, but obviously, Toby has other plans. We ended up knocking over second barrel and having a bit of a 'discussion' about who gets to choose our speed, then walk back to the rail. "lil snot" I laugh, shaking my head

Cameron: I finish walking stardust and head out to untack him for Alexis. I can tell she is having a good time with Harper and Aimee and I feel obligated.

Alexis:

"Oh, Australia!! My mom lives there now and asked if I'd like to come visit for 5 days!" I laugh.

When Aimee is done with her run, I laugh a bit more,

"What a butt!! I guess I can't say anything, it's not like I've never hit one!!" I think back on all the times Dawn knocked over barrels during her training. I look over to Harper,

"You running?" I smile.

[i should have myy computer back by Thursday, fingers crossed. :)]

Harper:

I smile and look down at G. " Well, I'm gonna give it my best shot."

I nudge G into a lope and point him towards the first barrel. "We're taking this first run slow G," I tell him.

We lope around the first two with no problems, but clip the third. "Guess that's what practice is for," I mumble under my breath as I head back towards Aimee and Alexis.

"You're going to bring back plenty of pictures from your trip, right Alexis?" I ask

( can I join? I've never done this, but I love to write and I would love to give it a whirl. Just say no, yes, you're crazy if I'm not on with the rest of my post. I won't be offended :) )

Ty Donavan

Experienced

Boarder

Dark complexioned, wiry, and outgoing. He's a little on the small side ( size nine feet, but that's a secret...and a sore spot), but he makes up for it in humor and his easy going nature.

Horse:

Tuffy Junior

"TJ"

8 yrs old

QH cross

Dark bay, no white, gorgeous and thick mane and tail

Trained for western riding. Primarily reining, and working cow horse. Ty's main goal for bringing him to this particular barn is to fine tune and Excel in reining.

TJ is beautiful and knows it, thus making him the perfect candidate for becoming a successful reiner. He's also on the smaller side, but has a huge heart. He isn't always an easy ride though and every so often pushes the limits. He is also is not good about trailer loading and a pain to catch after turn-out.

Lacey Donavan (Ty's little sister)

Intermediate

Student/boarder

Small and dark like her brother, but very very shy. Painfully so at times. She has ridden primarily western all her life and while she enjoys it, she has a secret hankering to learn to jump. The only problem? She is too shy to break out of the mold she has been in for so long. However, Lacey is loaded with practical knowledge and loves learning more.

Western/ trail riding, with emphasis in western pleasure and gaming. She has dabbled in some English as a 4-h kid.

Horse(s):

"Boots"

12 yrs

Morab gelding

Sorrel with star and four white socks

Western pleasure and gaming. The kind of horse you'd find at 4-h shows. Not overflowing with talent, but does what he needs to well. Lazy, a little stubborn at times but a horse you could trust impeccably. He has a good, unobtrusive personality for his shy rider with just enough spark to challenge her now and again.

Lacy is secretly looking to buy:

Duke of York

"Duke"

6 yrs

Thoroughbred

Dapple gray, stripe

Trained for jumping

Like a big silly puppy. He is bottom of the totem pole in the herd and address people. His one fatal flaw is that he chews on everything and anything, but is dripping with potential under the right rider...(Lacey?)

Ty:

I shift the pickup into park in front of the new barn where my sister and I have decided to board our horses. We've just moved from Wyoming to Oregon and I am excited about the opportunities here. I can see several people out with their horses and a surge of excited anxiety runs through me. I turn to my sister Lacey and grin at her slightly pale face."lighten up Goober! This is going to be great! There wasn't anything like this at home!"

Lacey:

I know Ty is trying to help me feel at ease, but I can't help the nervous pit in my stomach. So many new people...I know its silly, but I'm worried that even our rig screams "Hicks! Hicks!" I mean, its all clean and in good working order, just not top of the line. I take a big breath in and tell myself sternly to stop being silly. I am 23 stinkin years old.The truck shakes. Those horses are anxious to get out. I'm on it.

Alexis:

"Oh, I will, I swear!" I giggle excitedly.

"Hey do you guys hear that? It's a truck pulling up!" Even more excitement shoots up into my chest, "The new boarders!!! I hear they ride westernn!!!"I climb off Dawnerz and practically drag her through the arena gate i'm so excited..

I see the girl get out of the truck,

"Hi!" I say enthusiastically. I know I look like a dork grinning from ear to ear with a big black horse all decked out in pink gear next to me... "I'm. Alexis" I laugh.

Cameron:

My car is rolling out of the drive when I see the trailer pull in. The man driving looks happy but the girl next to him looks nervous. I shake my head and accelerate out onto the road.

( Welcome to the stables :) we always welcome newcomers!)

Before I can comment on Alexis's upcoming trip, I hear a truck arriving. "Alright, new boarders!" I'm excited about this. I swing off of Toby and follow Alexis out, looking back at Harper. "Coming?" I ask with a smile, then continue on.

"Hi" I smile. "'m Aimee"

(Edited, cause apparently my brian works faster than my fingers...)

Edited by GeneralMyBaby

Lacey:

I almost have to smile at the girls grinning at me. They seem friendly enough but I'm embarrassed to admit I've still got that darn pit staking out a campsite in my stomach. I try really hard to stay cool and collected, something that I realize shouldn't be a struggle when doing something as simple as opening up a trailer.

"I'm Lacey...OW!"

I caught my finger in the latch. Fail.

Harper:

Like the others I'm quite thrilled to see the new boarders arrive. However I feel myself getting back into my quiet mode since I don't know them.

"Right behind ya Aimee," I say as I ride G behind Toby, who is being led. "It'll be great to have more horses in the mix"

(welcome laramierose!! Great to have ya here)

Alexis:

I giggle a bit when Lacey yells ow. I feel bad after and hope she doesnt get offended, I just know i've done it a million times with my three horse slant.

"Want some help?! The stalls are already ready for you guys, Dawnerz is in 7 and Stardust in 8, your horses are in 15 and 16" I smile brightly and look at dawn "stay!" i tell her and I run around to peek in at the new horses.

(i know, im nosy!! haha)

I look over at Aimee, "Ooh come'eerr they are gorgeousss!!!" I back away from the window so Aimee can see in, then I turn to the driver.

"Why, hello there. I'm super jealous of that tan!!" I laugh. I always have even pale skin.

Ty:

I instantly like the two girls, making the kind of exclamations that true horse lovers do.

"Hello yourself," I stick out a hand to a laughing Alexis."I'm Ty. And you better not let old TJ hear you say such things. It'll just make his head fatter."

"Hi Lacey"" I smile, trying not to giggle when her finger gets caught in the latch. "You know, I think I do that every time I try to open my trailer" I laugh

Alexis pulls my attention away with her comment."Let's see these gorgeous beasties" I say, stepping up to the window. "Ooohh, wow, are they ever!"

I hadn;t even noticed Ty at first, and spin around when he speaks to Alexis. "Whoa, sorry! I didn't even see you there" I laugh, feeling a bit sheepish. "Leave it to me to walk past a person to see a horse" I laugh

Harper:

"Ok Aimee," I say as I hop down from G, "make room so I can see these beauties too. Oh, Hello Ty, Lacey. Nice to meet ya."

Aimee:

I laugh at Sayge's request. "Yes ma?m" I mock salute and step back. "Want me to hold him for you?" I ask, motioning to G

Harper:

"Thanks Aimee," I say as I hand her the reins so I can peer into the trailer. I whistle low and look at Ty the Lacey, "Those are some beautiful horses ya have. G better watch it or I might fall more in love with them. So which horse belongs to which rider?" I ask.

Aimee:

"No prob' I smile, taking G's reins from Harper and stepping back. I kiss the gelding's nose and smile. "You know, lady, if you ever decide you don't want G anymore, he's got a home with me" I laugh. I love G

Ty:

"The bay is mine and the sorrel is Lacey's. We're pretty excited to be here. Looks like a great barn," I hand Boots to Lacey, "with some very nice horses." I slide an appraising eye over G, Toby and the others. I like what I see. Well-cared for; shiny and happy looking."But who was that guy that was leaving while we were pulling in? It looked like he'd been sucking on some lemons."

Lacey:

I don't bother to answer the other girls, as they are busy exclaiming over our horses and talking with Ty. At least they made a point of letting me know my trailer door bungle wasn't something worth agonizing over. I took Boots' leadrope from Ty."I'm gonna go put him away," I mumble softly. I could use a pep talk with Boots.

Aimee:

I laught at Ty's description of Cameron. "That was our temp trainer, Cameron. He made, uh...Quite an introduction. But the man can ride like nothing else" I smile. "I think he'll be back tomorrow. Maybe you'll get the...The honor, let's say, of meeting him" I laugh. "Here's hoping he's in a better mood. I think I scared him by being nice"

When Lacey mentions taking her horse, I smile. "If you need anything, just holler." Normally, I'd offer to go with her, but she seems a bit shy, and I don't want to be too pushy

Harper:

I about choke while busting a gut over Ty's lemon remark. "You certainly nailed that. Although, towards the end he was a lot better. I'm actually looking forward to seeing him ride again." I say as I take the reins from Aimee. "Thank ya ma'am," I say, "I believe I'm gonna go take G for another spin around the barrels then put him out for the day. If y'all need help, just let me know."

Aimee:

I'm still laughing about Ty's remark when Harper grabs the reins back. "No problem, m'dear" I answer. "Would you mind putting the barrels back when you're done?" I ask. "I'm gonna put my goober pony back and get Luna out for a bit. I might take her for a trail ride, anyone in?" I ask, looking around the small group

Ty:

"I can't wait to meet the guy in person." I wave to Lacey and Harper as they head off towards the barn, then turn to Aimee as TJ politely bumps me with his nose at the mention of a trailride."I'll go if its not too long of a ride. It'd be good to let TJ stretch his legs and I'd love to see more of the place."

Aimee:

I smile when Ty agrees to come along. "Nah, just a twenty minute ride or so. Luna doesn't get worked too much anymore, but she enjoys riding the perimeter of the farm" I start walking toward the barn as I explain. "this guy, on the other hand" I pat Toby's neck. "Could go all day and still not want to stop" I laugh

Harper:

"Sure will," I say in response to Aimees question. I turn G around and step back into the stirrup. About that time Aimee mentions a trail ride. I step back out of the stirrup. "I'd be up for going if it's ok with y'all. Just let me run and put these barrels up and I'll be ready."

Aimee:

When Harper agrees to come as well, my grin widens. "Alright! Take your time, I still need to look after Tobers, then get Luna and saddle her up"

Can I join?

Name: Keaton Hullinger

Level (beginner intermediate or experienced): Experienced

Position (boarder, trainer, or student): Boarder. Wants a job as a barrel racing trainer.

A description of yourself: Keaton is extremely focused and dedicated. She is one to arrive at the barn early, and leave late at night. Her horses are her first priority, which has put a strain on many of her personal relationships. She is willing to learn and grow as a horsewoman, and enjoys sharing her knowledge with others. Her undivided focus may giver her a standoffish and slightly cocky vibe, but she is a caring person at heart. Although she is confident with her horses, she has her own demons and weaknesses. Keaton is 5'9" with strawberry blond hair that reaches the middle of her back. She has blue eyes and slightly tanned skin with a few freckles here and there. Keaton is not a little wisp of a girl; she is stocky in the right places.

what style or discipline you ride: Keaton is a barrel racer at heart, but she enjoys trying new events and disciplines.

Registered name:Ima Gonna Speed

Barn name:Flashy

Breed:AQHA Appendix

Color:Chestnut with 4 white socks and an irregular blaze. Stands 15.3 hands

Discipline trained for:Barrel racing

Personality: Flashy is a sweet natured horse, when she wants to be. She is all mare, and she is not afraid to show it! This mare knows her job and does it well. She is prissy and sensitive. Not very many people can click with this mare, but Keaton took the time to build a strong relationship. While she is a top notch barrel horse, she tends to be high strung and she is not very broke outside the barrel arena.

Registered name:FameistheName

Barn name:Jackson

Breed:AQHA

Color:Blue Roan

Discipline trained for:Barrel Racing, was previously used as a cow horse

Personality:Jackson is your typical level headed gelding. He loves to work, and is as broke and automatic as they come. He can run with the best of them on a saturday, then give lessons to little kids on a sunday. Jackson was raised by Keaton's mother, and was given to her as a graduation present. He is 15.3 hands and all muscle, with an exotic looking very blue roan coat.

Harper:

"Ok, I'll be done and ready. Come on G, let's get this taken care of." I say as I head towards the arena to put the barrels up. I tie G to the rail and start maneuvering the barrels to their respectable places. After I'm done I retrieve G and look around. Aimee still isn't finished with her horses so I decide to lope G around a bit.

(welcome cowgurlxxxx!!!)

Ty:

I'm left alone at the trailer as the others scatter. TJ is looking around, his nostrils flared."whatta' think, boy?" With practiced hands and muscles that have memorized the actions, I throw my saddle on and slip on TJ's bridleI figure I'll put the rest of the stuff away after the ride. Truthfully, I'm tired from the drive and nothing sounds more inviting than a leisurely ride around the new place. With a stretch, that may or may not have been slightly exaggerated (I'm tired!), I head over to where Harper is loping in slow easy circles. I'm not going to lie. I'm interested in seeing the caliber of riders and horseflesh.

-----------------------------

Lacey:

Whew. That is all I can say. I am SO relieved I am finally by myself with my horse, who doesn't expect me to talk. I'm pleasantly surprised when I reach our assigned stalls, that are both already thickly bedded down, with fresh water and a full rack of hay. The barn is a beautiful barn and craving my neck around, I can see several horses with their heads poking out, regarding the two of us with interest. I pull my dandy brush out of my grooming bucket and began brushing Boots down. He heaved a huge sigh and I let out one to mirror his.

Aimee:

I quickly unsaddle Toby, give him a quick grooming, and toss him out in his pasture. I whistle for Luna, who looks up and slowly ambles over. Obviously, she's not as enthused about the idea of a ride as I am. I saddle her quickly and hop on, directing the mare toward Ty and Harper

"Sorry, guys. Ready. Should we go through the barnyard to give Ty a quick tour, or head through the feilds and come back this way?" I ask, looking from Harper to Ty