dezzy_fletcher

Fate And Destiny

Ty:

"I'll follow wherever you want to go, but I like the idea of a grand tour." I stick my boot in the stirrup and hop on TJ.

"Sure is a pretty little mare you've got there Aimee. Love me a black horse."

Aimee:

I smile and pat Luna's neck. "Thanks" I reply to Ty's compliment. "We could take a quick wander around here to show you the basics" I offer, looking to Harper to make sure she's okay with that. "Then I'll take you around on foot through the barns"

Harper:

I ride G over to where Aimee and Ty are.

"Sounds good to me. Lead the way tour guide," I say smiling at Aimee. "She's excellent at this," I say to Ty.

Aimee:

I laugh and shake my head at Harper's words.

"Thanks" I smile. "Alright, let's go. You're horses are probably gonna be tossed out in the small pasture at first until the barn manager decides what she's gonna do with them" I say to Ty, turning Luna and heading to our right

Ty:

"Roger." I nudge TJ up so that I'm next to the other two."I'm pretty excited to see the place. We haven't ever actually boarded before so its all kind of new."

Aimee:

"Ahh" I smile, moving Luna over so there's room enough for us to all ride side by side on the small path. "You're lucky. I've never had any option aside from boarding. But this place is great. For the most part, no one causes too much trouble." I glance over at Harper. "Except maybe her" I tease my friend

(sorry I haven't posted yet.. my internet has been down for a week!)

Keaton:

I pull into the barn later than usual, no thanks to my old F150. The warn black truck coughs to a stop as I shut the engine off and climb out of the driver side, slamming the door with frustration. As I enter the barn, I notice it seems more empty than usual. "Well, everyone must already be riding. Flashy! Jackson! I'm sorry guys, I know you must be hungry!". Flashy shook her head with excitement, while Jackson waited patiently for his breakfast. As I pass his stall, I quickly kiss him on the nose, then head for the feed room. "Oh this is just great! A new $20 bag of Ultium ripped open by rats!". I sigh with acceptance, knowing today is just one of those days. Salvaging what I could of the spilled feed, I dish out Flashy and Jackon's 1 scoop each, topping each bucket off with joint supplement and electrolytes. Flashy whinnied hungrily from her stall, hearing the grain bin open. "Im coming mare, jeeze!". I dump Flashy her feed first, knowing the mare would throw a hissy fit is she is not fed before Jackson. The blue roan gelding nudges my arm with thanks as I dump him is grain. After giving each horse a flake of coastal and a flake of peanut hay, I hear a few small noises down the barn isle.

As I walk down to investigate, I notice a seemingly shy woman brushing a sorrel horse. "Hi there, you must be one of the newly arrived boarders. My name is Keaton. Nice to meet you." I smile openly, not wanting to offend the new boarder.

Lacey:

I meet Keaton's eyes, but still move to Boots' far side. Call me crazy but I feel a little less exposed with 1200 pounds of horse between me and this new person."I'm Lacey." I pretend to study the little fluff of hair at the very end of Boots' mane, a smile threatening to spark at the corner of my mouth. His mane always makes me laugh, as it resembles a lion's mane: bushy, long, and a warm golden brown. Daily undying devotion to Slinky's, banding, wet-combing and an ever- growing graveyard of horse hair products in my tack box have still failed to tame Boots' beastly mane...

"Oh!" I grow red. I'd forgotten Keaton was still standing there.

Keaton:

"Nice to meet you" I reply politely with a warm smile. I notice Lacey day dreaming into her horse's mane and I recognize the feeling. Only being confident behind a 1000 pound horse. " I like your horse, he has a great build. Whats his name?" I ask, trying to strike up some feel of comfort in the new boarder.

hey... id really like to join.. ive never done a role play before. but i did write for the barrel horse news for a couple years i think this would be fun! can somebody give me a summary so i can jump right in? :questionicon:

(oh em gee! ive been gone for forever!)

Haha

Alexis:

I realize what time it is and I put Dawnerz up seeing as the walk around the barn has cooled her out.

"sorry girl, I'm running out of time" I say apologetically and pat her neck.

I feed my horses and pat sham.

"You'll be on pasture later, see you next week."

I sigh wistfully and walk out to my truck...

"Bye guys!! i'm bringing home pictures and an epic tan!" I yell to the trail riding trio.

I climb in my car and head to the airport.

(I might come back early!!)

@cowgurl- theres Aimee, Harper, Cameron, Ty, Lacey, Alexis and Keaton :) go ahead and jump in stats are on the first page and right now Alexis is headed off to Hawaii and Cameron will be back tomorrow and Keaton and Lacey are talking and Aimee, Harper and Ty are trail riding :)

My comp is being super iffy so im on when i can :)

Aimee:

I hear Alexis and laugh. Turning in the saddle, I wave and call back, "You better! We're gonna miss you!" Turning back to the path ahead of us and pat Luna's neck

Name: Kirstyn Fables

Level: Experienced

Position (boarder, trainer, or student): Barn Owner

A description of yourself: short, thin, dark haired woman, dark eyes, extremely happy, avoids large crowds, enjoys mainly the company of her horse

what style or discipline you ride: any

Registered name:Unregistered

Barn name: Shadow

Breed: Mustang Paint

Color: black/white tobiano

Discipline trained for: jumping, trail class, reining

Personality: Quirky horse, gelding, about 15.2hh, lots of class, tanky built, lots of movement.

Registered name:Unregistered

Barn name: Mist

Breed: Appaloosa

Color: Standard appy spotted coat

Discipline trained for: beginning reining, halter, trail class, trail

Personality: more serious than shadow, Mist tends to be quite the opposite of Kirtsyn, he moves only when told, preferring stillness and quiet.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kirstyn:

I enter the barn, the sweet smell of horse and excited nickers from Mist and Shadow greeting me.

I wave and smile at Keaton and Lacey.

"Mist!!" I exclaim patting his silky speckled brown and golden nose...

"Shadow..." I enter his stall and hug his chest, his painted nose snuffling my pockets for treats. I smile at him ad feed him breakfast. I apologize to them for breakfast being at 9:30 this morning.

Lacey:

"This is Boots," I scratch his star and he leans into me with a loud whiffle. A smiling, thin woman walks past and waves. I am pretty sure she is the barn owner but for the life of me and to my great frustration, I can't remember her name."That was the BO, right?"

------------------

Ty:

I turn slightly in my saddle, as another new face whizzed past us, into her car and away down the drive. "Where is she going and who was that?" I chuckle.

Aimee:

I smile. "That was Alexis. She's in such a hurry cause the lucky duck's going on vacation to Australia." I shake my head with a smile. "She wouldn't even let me hide in her suitcase" she joked

Harper:

"Have fun!!" I yell as Alexis runs to her car. "She best bring back lots of pictures since she wouldn't let me stow away either. Ok tour guide, let's get this tour in the road," I smile and say to Aimee.

(Gah! Sorry it's been so long. Between moving, mechanics, and maintenance men I've been running around like a chicken with my head cut off)

Keaton:

"He's really well mannered, not like my two hot heads down there durango and flashy!" I laugh slightly, smiling in admiration at Lacey and Boots' clear bond. As the woamn walks buy and smiles, I nod my head and give a little wave. "Yea that is the B.O. Kirstyn. She is such a hand with the horses".

Lacey:

I toss my brush into my grooming bucket and wipe my hands on my jeans. My curiosity is piqued."Can I see your horses?" Even my fear of people is overruled by my interest in horses."I mean, if you aren't too busy." I add quickly, anxious to not seem pushy or demanding.

Keaton:

"No I'm not too busy. I was letting them digest their breakfast before I work them anyways". I smile then turn and walk beside Lacey to my horses' stalls. Jackson curiously hangs his head over the stall door as Lacey and I approach. "This blue roan is Jackson. He is so well broke but boy does he have his quirks! And this unsociable pissy mare is flashy. She is quite the handful!". I laugh slightly to myself, watching Flashy look our way, snort, then turn back to her hay.

Lacey:

"They are both beautiful." I run my eyes over the two well-built, evenly muscled horses. I can tell Keaton takes impeccable care of her horses."my brother would die for that roan." I rock back on my heels, sticking my hands into my back pockets. I hope Ty gets back soon. As silly as it may be, I could feel a cold sore coming on, my bodys most irritating line of defense in stressful situations. I lick the corner if my mouth worridly. I hate my anxiety triggered sores and I hate them even more when I'm doing my darndest to put my best foot forward.

-------------

Ty:

"Ahha. I see. Well let's get this show on the road. I'm anxious to see this place." I nudge TJ forward and he takes off gladly, moving off in an energetic swinging walk, his long, luxurious forelock blowing rakishly to one side giving him the wild man mustang look that first caught my eye.

Keaton:

"Thanks, I try my hardest to keep them healthy. My horses are my everything" I smile ordinarily, hoping to conceal my true emotions. I can't ignore the past memories that reappear, me and my mother spending our time in the barn, horses the focus of our daily routine. My thoughts snap back to the present. " He does have a very unique roan color. He was a gift from my mother. She always had an eye for interesting horses". Jackson nudges my hand in comfort as if he can read my thought. "I can't wait to ride! Hopefully the trails are good, although Flashy isn't exactly the outdoorsy type."

Lacey:

I notice the nearly imperceptible flash of emotion cross Keaton's face at the mention of her mother and the seemingly halting of her hands on Jackson's head. But gracious, if there was anyone in this world less prone to prying and being nosy than me, I'd consider it an honor to shake their hand."She doesn't do too well outside the arena, huh?"

If there was anyone in this world more prying and nosy about horses than me, I'd shake their hand too.

(Sorry guys, been one heck of a busy week!)

Aimee:

I laugh and nod. "Alright...Well, you've seen the main barn, I think, and if now, I'll take you through later" I say as we ride along"The pasture over there," I point to our left, "Is where Kirstyn puts the weanlings and Otey, the donkey babysitter" I smile.

(No worries! Hopefully this week will allow you to breathe)

Ty:

"Gosh he's cute." I slap a hand to my mouth. "Did that sound girly? I didn't mean it too, but who cant love a donkey?" The little guy raised his head at the sound of us approaching and TJ arched his neck and blew out a body shaking snort."I guess TJ doesn't." I have to grin at TJ's obvious suspicion.

Aimee:

I laugh again. "Hey, there's nothing wrong with thinking a donkey's adorable" I smile. "Toby's not too fond of him though. He's positive that Otey's out to get him"

I point to a hill off to the right. "Yearlings get put out there and pretty much left to mature a bit for a year or so, depending on the horse. They get a donkey to keep them in line too" I explain. "But Cody's a mammoth donkey"

As we near the end of the field, I point to a break in the trees. "If you wated to go for a long ride, you'd follow that trail through the trees, it'll take you around two hours. We're gonna skirt around this field and end up over there" I point to the highest point around the farm. "Give you a decent view of the entire farm and the lay out of the buildings"

Keaton:

I can tell how perceptive Lacey is about my emotions. Maybe she has been through something similar? I ignore the urge to ask questions and instead focus the conversation on horses. " Flashy is a different breed that's for sure. She's a little spooky on trails and she always wants to run, so I usually pony Jackson along to keep her level headed. The only time she is bad is at barrel races in the catch pen. I usually just stay off of her until the last minute, otherwise she will be leaping through the air!".

Lacey:

"Hmm" I reach over the stall door, holding my hand out, flat, palm up, extending an invitation to Flashy to introduce herself if she wanted."Sounds like quite a handful."

----------------

Ty:

I look toward the long, dense line of trees where the trail disappears into their thick coolness."Gonna have to definitely take that ride in the near future. It is just beautiful here! And so many trees!"

Aimee:

I smile at Ty's enthusiasm. "Well, if you want a trail buddy, Miss Luna here is always happy to get out. She doens't get worked too much anymore, so I like to get her out on the trails whenever possible" I look over at Harper. "What about you, m'dear? When was the last time I managed to drag you out on the long trail?" I ask with a smile

Harper:

I look down at G then at Aimee, "Oh, I don't know. I suppose this is our first trail ride in about 3 or 4 months. G would probably love to go more often, I'm just a spoil sport in his life. I'll have to make a habit of going more often."

I half smile while thinking about being around people more often. It makes my stomach flop a bit, but I love hanging out with Aimee and Ty seems extremely nice. I pat G on the neck, "Yep, I'm going to have to do this more often. Aimee, keep me in line!" I say as I chuckle.