dezzy_fletcher

Fate And Destiny

Aimee:

I nod. I'll just show up at your house and refuse to leave til you agree to come riding with me" I joke. "Either that, or I'll steal G and keep him all to myself" I laugh, shaking my head

Ty:

"Why doesn't Luna get worked more? Another horse?How old is she anyway?" TJ lets out snort and shakes his head."and Harper, I've seen a good many horses in my day and G is one fine piece of horseflesh." I really want to ask all about their horses; training schedules, backgrounds, feeding programs, etc, but I'm not too sure if it would be correct etiquette. If only my mom were here, she'd tell me. Unfortunately, my mom, etiquette question or not, would be hard pressed to find herself at a barn. I grinned slightly at the thought.

"How often do you all usually ride?" That oughta be a safe question. From Harper and Aimee's remarks, I am curious.

Aimee:

I can't help but laugh at Ty's rapid fire questions. "Umm...Let's see, Luna doesn't get worked mych anymore because I've been putting way too many hours on my other goober to be even remotely considered sane,and she's pretty much a grab and go horse. Plus I'm considering taking up jumping more seriously, and, as you can see from the lovely quarter horse build she's got, she probably wouldn't get me over a trotting pole" I laugh, patting my mare's neck. "She's 12, I did do barrels with her until she started having some back problems, now she's pretty much sitting in semi-retirement. We still go around the patter for the heck of it sometimes, but she'doesn't have the same competitive kick she used to, and I'm not going to push it"

At the next question, I smile. "Well, I'm out here evry day at least once, but I don't like riding alone, and someone," I shoot harper a look, "Won't show her pretty face and come ride with me, so I only get in short workouts on Toby five days a week, and fun rides, more like two or three times a week" I dont mind talking and answering questions, and never have. "Any other questions?"I ask, teasisng lightly

Ty:

I scrunch my shoulders up to my ears."I think you covered it all! You really should try to wrestle a.conversation out of my little sister. She won't admit it, but I'm pretty sure she is just dying to get into jumping." I shake my head."she's even checking out another horse, but she doesn't know I know that." I grinned and then turned towards Harper."YOU, young lady, sound like you need to take some time to relax now and again."

Harper:

"Relax? What's that?" I jokingly ask. "Between work, school, and practice I usually miss Aimee when she rides. It's a miracle I'm even out here this early today. I'm really glad I am though. It's good for G to ride with others in a non competitive setting."

Ty:

I nod, understanding fully where Harper was coming from."G seems to really like it though. Is he a high-stress performance type?"

Aimee:

I smile. "I'll give it a shot. She seemed anxious to get away from us." I say, steering Luna away from the edge of the field and onto a path that forks off to the right. The terrain ahead begins a gentle incline, then disappears around a bend. "Last time I brought Toby out on this trail, he dumped me right around that bend there" I point ahead, "And took off back for the barn. Probably scared everyone who saw him snotless when a riderless horse came barreling toward them" I laugh

Ty:

"Just be persevering and Lacey will open up." I loosen TJ's reins even more, the extra slack allowing a slight swing that moves with his gait."and I can just imagine the scare at riderless Toby!" I shook my head."if there is anything about horses, its that you're going to come off sooner than later!"

Harper:

"I remember that day. I had just stopped by the barn to run in and see G before work when Toby came barreling up the trail. Almost gave me a heart attack when I realized Aimee wasn't on him. I'd just started to run for the trail when Aimee busts out from behind the brush yelling things that would make a sailor blush. Toby hi-tailed it for his stall. Once I found out Aimee was ok, I laughed so hard I cried. I was pretty sure Toby was gonna die that day though."

Aimee:

I grin as Harper talks. "I think Toby thought Toby was gonna die that day" I laugh. "That horse is a wild card. Some days he's an angel, other days I could strangle him"

I nod at Ty's comment about his sister. "I'll give it a shot. As long as I don't scare her away" I smile

Ty:

"I bet that was a sight!" I laugh at the descriptions of Toby's escapade."As far as Lacey goes though, don't let her scare you away! It's been proven mathematically that you have a one in five chance of getting a real answer from her the first ten times you try." I shake my head, grinning. At the movement, the muscles in my neck groan reproachfully. I closed my eyes, hoping that somehow that'd magically help. Negative. I opened my eyes again with a sigh, stopping midbreath when I saw something at the edge of the trees move.

I nod, letting Luna pick her way along the trail. "eh, it's pretty hard to scare me away"I smile. "Ask Harper, she's tried" I laugh, then stop when I notice Ty's reaction to...well...something. "You alright?" I ask

Ty:

"I thought I saw something over there in the trees." I tugged at my hatbrim ruefully."It was probably nothing. I'm sure the horses would have snorted or something if it was anything to worry about."

Harper:

"Now don't be believing her. I'm an angel. I wear my wings on my back and everything." I say smiling. About that time I notice Ty looking over at the edge of the trees and Aimee asking if all was ok.

"Must have been our resident phantom. Comes and goes. Gets the best of everyone at some point." I say with a huge grin in my face. "Nah, I'm just kidding, no telling what it was."

Aimee:

I laugh at Harper. "You, my dear, are about as close to being an angel as I am. And don't you start that phantom stuff again" I grin, shaking my head. "One of these days we really will run into a phantom and-" I'm interrupted by Luna jumping to the side of the trail, staring at the tree line. "Whoa, goober horse, nothin's gonna get ya" pat her neck and look at Ty and Harper. "So, either Ty really did see something, Or Harper's phantom is coming to get us as payback for all the ghost jokes and bad ghost stories" I joke

YAY, YOU'RE BACK, WE MISSED YOU!!

Okay, so pretty much, Harper, Aimee, and Ty are taking a trail ride/tour of the farm still, and the others, I think, are still talking in the barn, haha. We haven't really moved on to anywhere yet

Hooray! Let's get going again lol :winking: so glad your computer is working again!

Ty:

I shrugged my shoulders."That was kind of weird. Ah well." I glanced at my watch. It was getting pretty late."Do you figure the BO is around yet?"

Aimee:

I nod. "Yeah, she's probably down at the barn by now." I point ahead of us. "We'll be back in about five minutes, the trail loops around"

Ty:

"It sure is pretty out here and I'm so glad TJ is getting to stretch his legs. He's a good sport. I know I'm sore and tired from the drive and I got to sit! I bet this old boy is ready to take it easy now though." I slid my toes out of the stirrups and let myself have a long, luxurious stretch."How often do you girls usually ride? Do you make it out every day generally?"

Aimee:

I nod in response, smiling as the farm comes into view. "Well, I'm out here at least once a day, and I ride about five times a week. More if I'm lucky, less if life gets crazy" I answer, leaning forward to swat a bug off of Luna's neck. "Luckily, I kinda make my own hours at work, my sister and I own our own business, so yeah..." I stop myself before I start rambling. I tend to talk too much sometimes

Aimee:

I nod as I stop Luna and swing off. "Yeah" I shrug. "It's really not that interesting, we do dog grooming and we have a kennel. My sister's taking a course next month so we can do cat grooming too. Actually, the shop's how I got my dog, someone came in with this pathetic looking lump of fur and never came back for her" I stop and laugh when I realize I've started blabbering again. ""Sorry, I talk a lot" I shrug apologetically

Ty:

"No, no that's alright. That's great though!" I slide off as well, letting the reins rest criss-crossed over TJ's neck."We might have to hit you up for some grooming...we've got a little heeler that can start stinkin pretty bad!" I peer over at the barns."I wonder where Lacey got off too."

I smile and scratch Luna's neck. "Yeah, you deffinately should. Hey, we've got a litter of kittens we're tryna find homes for" I say with a grin, then add quickly "Not from our cat. Their owner brought them in and wanted help finding homes."

I start toward the barn with Luna in tow. "Maybe meeting some of the other boarders?" I offer in response to Ty's question

Harper:

I slip off G and step up next to Aimee. "They're really cute kittens," I say with a big grin. "They need a really good home with nice people."

Ty:

I rubbed my chin a little ruefully at the mention of kittens. Now don't get me wrong, I'm just as much of a sucker for teeny baby animals as anybody, its just that whole growing up into a cat thing kinda crimps the deal."Eh, I don't know about that." I grinned."I've had one too many cats scratch up my saddles. Plus, the ones I do like always get carried off by a coyote or hit or something." I clasped a hand dramatically over my heart."A man can only handle so much loss!"

-------

Lacey:

I poked my head out of the stall, thinking that I'd heard my brother outside. Sure enough. He was with the two girls from earlier, both mounted on beautiful horses.

Oh gracious. What in the world was Ty doing? I couldn't hear what he was saying, but from his gestures, I half expected him to fall to his knees as he moaned about something. Don't tell me he's got an achy breaky heart about something already! I shook my head at his antics. Ever the entertainer, that boy.

(its been so long)

Kristyn: I see Harper, Aimee and Ty headed back from the trail ride. I smile blissfully at their happy faces, glad that my dream of making people happy in this place came true.

"Hey Guys!!!! Do I get to meet the new kids?! It is my place!" I laugh, I've already spoken to them on the phone on several occasions. I look over the horses, priding myself in the fact that they are all very healthy looking.

On that, I remember I need to put Alexis filly, Sham out to pasture for the afternoon.

Aimee:

I laugh at Ty's antics. "Eh, we'll convince you eventually, right Harper?" I ask with a grin. When I hear Kristyn, I laugh and shake my head. "Not a chance, lady! We're keeping them all to ourselves" I call back jokingly.

Kristyn:

"Well fine!!!" I say, mock pouting before I burst out laughing. I'll get a chance to talk to them later. I head in towards Sham's stall.

"Hey Shamsham! I bet you'd like some company out there! i'll put one of mmy guys out with you." I look up and see Lacey.

"Hello. You must be Lacey." I say, setting down Sham's halter and heading that direction.

Edited by shampayne