dezzy_fletcher

Fate And Destiny

(Sorry guys! I've been out of range but we're back in semi-civilization now haha)

Lacey:

I knew it was a mistake sticking my head out of Boots' stall. Another woman was heading briskly towards me, a huge smile on her face. I make myself put on a brave face."Hi. Yes, I'm Lacey." I stay behind the stall door, my hands holding the top ledge pensively.

---------

Ty:

I grin at Aimee's blithe reply. I can already tell she's a good egg."Fat chance you'll change this cowboy's mind about cats, but heck you can try. Now Lacey, she'll go googly-goo over kittens. Not that I'm giving you any ideas or anything."

I nod my head towards the woman disappearing back into the barn."That's the owner I'm guessing? She seems sharp."

Aimee:

I laugh to myself as Kristyn walks away. At Ty's comment, I grin. "I take that as a challenge, Cowboy" I cross my arms, half wondering if he realizes he's just given himself a new nickname. I nod at his question. "Yeah, that's Kristyn. Come on, I'll introduce you" I offer, picking up a quick pace toward the barn owner.

"Kriiiiistyyyyynnn" I call in a singsong voice

Harper

I smile and shake my head as Aimee makes a challenge. "You're in for it now. She will make it her personal goal to get your sister to take a kitty," I tell Ty as we follow Aimee towards Kristyn. "Y'all have fun, I'm gonna take this boy and untack him so I can head to work. It was great meeting you. We will have to do this again."

Ty:

"It's on then! Let the cat fights begin, har har." I pick up the pace to keep up with Aimee as she takes off after Kristyn."It was great meeting you Harper! And I'm going to make sure you get that boy out more often!" I wink and toss a grin back over my shoulder for her.

I turn and size up the barn owner. So far, so good. I'm already impressed with the ship-shape condition of the barn, the well-fed, shiny horses and the content Harper and Aimee clearly felt about the place. Truthfully, I had been pretty apprehensive at the new concept of boarding. I'd been told plenty of horror stories. But, looking around carefully, I felt such stories had no place at this barn.

Aimee:

I laugh and shake my head. "real women, my dear, don't catfight. We kick butt" I say with a grin to Ty as I wave to Harper. "And we do it with poise and grace, in a ladylike fashion" I add in mock seriousness, then laugh. "Or not"

Ty:

"Oh boy," I rolled my eyes, in jest."I can't wait to see what that looks like. On the other hand, I should probably make sure I steer verrrry clear!"

Aimee:

I laugh and shake my head. "Nah, don't do that. You're too fun to scare away already!" I joke. C'mon. let's put the ponies away while Kristyn completely ignores us" I laugh, sticking my tongue out at the barn owner, who is also a friend to me

Ty:

TJ shook his head and flubbered his lips."I think TJ agrees with you, Aimee." I swung off the gelding and gently pushed his head away as he attempted to rub his bridle off on me."Tsk tsk don't you even think about starting that!" I looped one rein back over his neck, keeping one in my hand."I think I see my sister hiding out down there. I'm guessing she's already figured out where these boys are bunking."

Aimee

I nod and start down the row of stalls, about to say something when I'm knocked flat on my butt by a flying fur ball zooming around the corner after hitting me square in the shin. "Little Stinker!" I mutter. Poor Luna's confused as to why her owner is suddenly sitting on the floor instead of walking

Lacey:

Even with just my eyes poking out of the stall, I can't help but grin a little at the unknown flying object that catapulted itself into the girl coming down the barn row. I could see her mare eyeballing the whole situation with a mixture of suspicion and good humor."What in the heck was that though?" I muttered, sticking my head out a little further for a better look.

Aimee:

I can't help laughing. I grab hold of Luna's mane to pull myself up, noticing a head poking out of a stall when I look around. with a friendly smile, I wave and call out "Wanna cat?"

Lacey:

I inch out a little further."Maybe..." I bent over and neatly scooped the little thing up as it attempted to rocketship right by."Aw gosh, he's a cutie." I held the cat up to ny cheek and rubbed my face on the top of his head. He immediately began purring. I laughed."He's got a little motor in there!"

Harper:

As I'm about to head out of the barn I see a furry blur dart by. Next thing I know Aimee is on the ground. I stifle my laughter and give G one more pat on the neck before walking off. Aimee has already started the process of talking folks into cats. "Y'all have a great day. Hello Lacey, nice to meet you. I'll catch you another day and talk. I gotta run. Ty, told you Aimee would get a cat into your family. Aimee, I'll see ya tomorrow. Bye everyone."

Aimee:

I smile at Harper. "If you don't show up tomorrow, I'll be at your door to drag you here" I warn with a joking grin.

Looking back to Lacey, I say "He really needs someone to take him home. Barn cats don't always last with the wildlife around, and he'd be a much better house pet than barn cat. Can't catch a mouse for anything" I laugh at the last part, shooting Ty an I Told You So look with a grin

(dont even ask! my computer is on the fritz AGAIN!! i swear! it hates me :])

Kristyn:

"I'm nottt ignoring you!" I laugh and cross my arms jokingly, "This poor lacey in here is alll alone! and I'm an old woman! three people at once? thats almost asking to internally combust." I laugh even harder and turn back to Lacey, and she's petting the kitten. "Don't look so scared, haha, I don't know about that fuzz ball but we sure as heck dont bite!"

I look back at Aimee, " can't catch a mouse? what the heck is he doing in my barn then?' I laugh again and look back down the aisle at the impatient Sham.

Aimee:

I cross my arms and laugh. "Surrrrre, excuses excuses." I follow Kristyn's glance down the aisle and smile at Sham. "I'm just gonna toss Luna back out, check Toby real quick, then I should take off, my sister decided I don't get a day off this week" I roll my eyes, smiling, then take Luna to unsaddle her in the cross ties

Lacey:

I just hid my face in the kitten's soft fur, smiling where I deemed appropriate in the light hearted banter. They all seemed so comfortable and so outgoing. Even the owner was blithely rolling with the punches. But I did notice her anxiously looking down the aisle at a beautiful horse, nodding her head impatiently.

I saw Ty approaching and I immediately felt more at ease. He gave me a big smile.

-------

Ty:

"Nope, no, no. No cats allowed!" I responded, smiling at my sister who really, on a moments notice, can hide behind anything." I stick out my free hand to Kristyn."I don't believe we've formally met. I'm Ty and this is my little sister Lacey."

Edited by laramierose

Kristyn:

I take Ty's outstretched hand and shake it. " Nice to meet you and Lacey as well, I hope you enjoy the place. Don't worry Lacey, you'll get used to us soon enough. Guys, I gotta get that poor filly out, she's about to have a stroke in that stall. " I laugh, poor Sham, then I head down to take her to the field out behind my house.

Ty:

Vigorously shaking hands, Kristyn motioned towards the horse she was talking about. The filly was an excellent specimen of the horse family and I let out a low whistle."That girl is a looker, all right." I laughed a little."But she looks like she's going to tear down the barn if she doesn't get moving!"

I waved and knocked Lacey with my shoulder."We'll catch you later!" I turned towards where I could see Boots looking over his stall door interestedly, TJ already perked with the possibility of food. Lacey gave a timid little wave and fell into step behind us. I was inwardly amazed. The friendliness and general good feeling of the place was already doing its work.

Aimee:

On my way back out of the barn, I stop in front of Ty and Lacey and hold out a business card to Lacey. "You should bring the new kitten in for a good grooming, we just got certified to do cats and could use some guinea pigs. No charge" I grin, knowing darn well I'll get them to take that kitten eventually.

"Oh, also, if you see a large, goofy horse running around loose, and Kristyn's bot around, give me call. Toby's being a turd today and I'm anticipating trouble" I add before waving and turning to jog up the driveway to my truck

Krystin:

As I halter Sham, I say to Ty, "She should be with the bloodlines she's got. Not sure how alexis pulled a black spotted palomino out of a black quarter horse and a bay warmblood. Alexis got lucky with this big girl though. No yearling should be 15.2 when they're this hyper. she about drags ME to the pasture." I laugh and lead the prancing filly down the aisle.

(When I get onine next, I'll bring Alexis back, I'll say her mom had to cancel or something. lol)

Ty:

I cocked an eyebrow at Aimee."New kitten, hmm?" I glanced at Lacey who met my gaze with a bashful grin. I shook my head. Girls!

"Well, we will keep an eye on Toby. Hopefully he's tuckered out from our ride and will keep out of mischief. I know TJ is thinking he'd like to sit still!" I threw a wave at Kristyn, retreating down the barn aisle, the frisky filly cavorting along beside her.

I turned and continued down towards our new stalls. Boots nickered gently at TJ, who answered back with his own soft whiffle.

"I'll fill up TJ's water bucket," Lacey offered, letting the little kitten slide out of her hands and onto the floor. He immediately took up residence next to Boots' stall door, licking his fur industriously.

"That'd be great." I led TJ into his stall and slid off his tack. He let out a groan and immediately began scratching his ears on the stall door."Ah, I bet that feels good!" I loved TJ's obvious enjoyment. The gelding gave himself one last rub, then began investigating the stall, his neck stretched long and low. After sticking his nose everywhere possible, including one more nudge at me, TJ went to his hay rack and began eating slowly and peacefully.

Lacey reappeared, walking carefully crooked to keep the water from sloshing over her pant legs."He settled in right away, didn't he?" She hung the bucket, giving TJ's flank a pat.

"Yea he did, thankfully!" I let Lacey out, securely latching the stall door, with a contented smile. It'd been a good day.

Edited by laramierose

Okies, thought so, just makin sure

Aimee:

I get to the barn early saterday morning and take a deep breath. Nothing relaxes me quite like the smell of horse and hay. It's been one heck of a week, and a nice day at the barn is exactly what I need.

I walk down the barn aisle, patting the noses of whichever horse sticks its head out of its stall. As usual, Toby's nickering warmly, while Luna completely ignores me. "Snotty mare" I mutter with a laugh. "Hold on, Tobster, I'll be right back with breakfast" I say to the excited gelding, kissing his nose before heading for the feed room

Lacey:

The barn was very quiet as I tacked Boots up. I had come to the barn early on purpose. I really just wanted to ride, use the beautiful arenas and get a better feel for the place without the scrutinizing eyes of other people. I'd even left Ty at home, still drooling into his pillow.

I ran a dandy brush once more over Boots' back, the coppery hairs gleaming with golden tips. I gently slid the saddle pad into place, a small smile tugging at the corner of my mouth. It was an old pad, but it was clean and in good shape. I guess I only kept using it because I had bought it as a eager twelve year old at my first 4-H tack swap.

I shook my head and reached for my well-broke in saddle."There is something kinda weird about being emotionally attached to an old saddle blanket," I muttered, snapping out my latigo leathers and reaching for my cinch. Boots dipped his nose in towards me, as I quickly, automatically tightened the cinch in small increments. I left it a little loose as I slipped on my bridle and led Boots out of his stall.

The air coming through the open barn doors was so fresh and clean that I took a deep breath, loving the morning stillness, peppered only by bird calls and the occasional whinny and sneeze from other horses.

I was sooo ready to ride.

Edited by laramierose

Aimee

I hear a voice in the barn and stick my head out. "Someone there?" I call, carrying two buckets of feed, one with fat n fibre for |Toby, the other just a handful of oats to hide Luna's vitamin and mineral supplemebt. Lazy mare doesn't need anymore than that.

Toby whinnies loudly, hearing my voice. I smile and set his bucket in front of his stall, going to give Luna hers first. She's finally poked her nose out of the stall to acknowledge my existance. "Morning pretty girl" I say to her, rubbing her nose as I hook her bucket in her stall. "Maybe we'll go for a ride today, eh?"" I ask, closing her door behind me and going to feed toby

Harper

I roll into the barns drive. The tires on my truck kicking up a bit of dust, reminding me I need to wash not only my truck but also my horse. As I near the barn I see Aimee's vehicle. Good! I love weekends because it means no work and all play time at the barn. I pull up behind her, throw my truck in park, turn it off, and hop out. Walking in the barn I see Aimee feeding Luna. I let out a loud whistle that makes G whinny and practically try to crawl out of his stall. "Morning Aimee. How are you?" I ask as I walk towards the feed room. Can't have G starving to death.

Ok! One day I won't hit post so soon lol

Edited by Sayge

Aimee:

I hear Harper's greeting and grin. "Hey, lady! I haven't seen you all week, how ya doin?" I kiss Toby's nose before letting myself out of the stall to go talk to my friend.