dezzy_fletcher

Fate And Destiny

Harper

"I know! Work has been crazy. I had to call Kristyn and ask her to feed and let G out. Felt horrible about it. I did make it over a couple nights around 11, but no one was around. Did I miss anything good?"

Aimee:

I laugh and nod. "Yeah, only the best pony escape of the year!" I turn and point at Luna, who's standing in her stall, making sure she didn't miss a single bit of grain. "Houdini there let every. single. horse. out of their stall about three days ago. when I got here in the morning, the place was in complete chaos"

Harper

I chuckle at Aimee's description of the escape. "That must have been what Kristyn was talking about the other day. She didn't specify what had happened though. Just said that G had a nice romp with the other delinquents."

Aimee:

I glance over at Luna, who's standing with her head over her stall door, wanting out. "Yup" I smile. "He was a real turn about it too. I was halfway tempted to call you to come get your darn horse, but he followed his girlfriend over there" I point to Luna. "Food won her over eventually" I laugh.

I'm interrupted by a thumping noise. Toby's finished his breakfast, and now bangingh the bucket against the wall. "You think someone might want out?" I ask with a half grin. That horse always cracks me up

Alexis:

I pull into the parking lot of the barn, a buzzing in my head, my hands clenched on he wheel, trying not to cry. I decide I'll tell everyone mom had meetings and I came home early but thats not the case. I pull myself together, just glad to be home, I want to ride Dawn. I climb out and head down the aisle.

Krystin:

I see Alexis pull up and immediately I sense something is wrong. I head out the door of the big house and towards the barn.

Lacey:

I'm mad at myself. I am still hiding in Boots' stall. Apparently everyone around here gets going early. I tug at my earlobe. I'm not really even sure where the most traffic gathers in the different arenas and knowing myself, I'd probably pick the most heavily used one. I almost turn and start untacking Boots, but I stop. Come on, you big baby, I scold myself and bravely unlatch the stall door.

The cheerful chatter of the others drifts down the aisle and I turn the opposite direction towards the parking lot, hoping it takes me to a more deserted area.

I tick off the list of things I want to accomplish today in my head. Give Boots a good warm up, then start working on leg aids. Before we had left, he had been getting lazy and unresponsive. I wanted to make sure I sharpened him up before he'd had too much time to think.

I paused at a large cork board that was a circus of flyers, advertisements, and notices. Near the bottom left corner, a picture of a leggy, gray gelding caught my eye. I leaned in for a closer look, liking what I saw. The ad heralded his puppy-like disposition, willingness to learn and the kicker; his potential as a jumper. I rocked back on my heels. I was going to have to give this some thought.

"I still love you, though," I scratched Boots and continued towards the door. A girl that I only vaguely recognized was coming up from the parking lot, her face a stormy mix of raw emotions.

Aimee:

I hear Alexis's truck and frown slightly. "Is that Alexis?' I ask. "I thought she was gonna be gone for longer?" I look to Harper questioningly, then head for the barn door.

"Hey, lady" I call to Alexis with a smile. "We've missed you around here"

Alexis: I pass Lacey with a sight wave, not sure if I can contain the tears threatening. I weakly smile at Aimee before I disappear into Dawn's stall. I tug the bridle off the rack in front, put it on and lead her out towards the fields. I'm walking fast.

Kristyn: "Alexis!" I follow her as I can tell she doesn't want to talk, but she needs too.

I grab her shoulder. "Alexis! What's wrong?" I'm shocked to see her break down in tears and sink into dawns side.

Alexis: Through my tears I manage to gasp "my... *hiccup* mom.. is.. dying" I *** even harder, swinging onto Dawn, and I push her off at a brisk trot.

Aimee:

I watch as Alexis rides away from the barn, then go over to Kristyn. "Hey, what's wrong?" I ask, motioning toward the direction Alexis had gone

Harper:

I shrug my shoulders and give Aimee the "your guess is as good as mine" look. I start following her out the door when I hear what sounds like crying. About that time Alexis and Dawn head out at a trot. I pick up my pace and arrive just as Aimee is asking what is wrong.

"Do we need to go after her or just let her ride it out?" I ask Kristyn. "I'm pretty sure she hasn't gone to far, Aimee and I can catch up if need be."

(WOW!! I missed a lot being at the cabin lol)

Kristyn:

"Let's let her ride it out." I frown, "her mom is dying.. she needs some time. she'll be back soon"

Alexis: Soon I move into a canter, which is hard bareback on my horse, and the focus to hold on drives the anger from me. I stop crying soon and let dawn move down to a walk. I feel bad that I broke down in front of everyone but I needed my horse.

Name: Ali Traswell

Level: intermediate

Position: student and boarder

A description of yourself: a pretty blonde country girl with a lot of attitude. She has big blue eyes with long hair. She isn't very preppy or tall. She's SUPER competitive.

what style or discipline you ride: English

Registered name: Eclipse that Shadows Moon

Barn name: Shadow

Breed: knabstrupper

Color: white fleabitten black

Discipline trained for: English

Personality: feisty, but is very gentle towards Abi