Wild Horse Feathers

The Invitation 2

Magikal - Of courseee. Comeee playyy. We can always add in some drama. Just have your characters be single and we can always mix stuff up, none of ours are together together, so we can just make some drama out of this hahaha.

"Drunk sandcastle making sounds fabulousss," Payton laughed as she slid off the counter. "I'm going to shower, but I'll be back." A quick shower later, she returned to the kitchen. She had gone ahead and put on one of her favorite bathing suits, which consisted of a black and white zebra top and a bright blue bottom. She'd thrown on a cover up, which was a loose, strapless dress. Heading into the kitchen she opened the freezer. She found the alcohol she wanted, grabbed pina colada mix, and headed for the blender. She knew the guys tended to just want beer, and their was plenty of it in the fridge, so she left the guys to fend for themselves. She didn't even have to think as she started mixing, the beach house, mixing drinks, and playing out on the beach with all her friends was something she'd been doing for years. A little bit of mascara curled her eyelashes upward, making her eyes stand out even more. Her hair was already drying, dark, bouncy curls becoming more obvious as it dried.

--

Josh laughed as the guys joked around about sand castle making. "Guys, don't joke. Sand castles are very serious business," he managed to say with a straight face. As the girls returned, he heard their light footprints as they moved over their floor. He was glad they'd returned, any drama in the house was never fun, especially on the first day.

Raven colored hair was tousled over slender shoulders carelessly as Lena bounded up the steps to Payton's beach house. She was always late. But an entire day? That was ridiculous. Unfortunately, NYU hadn't seemed to care about when she was supposed to be going on vacation and her snarky, but lovable, film professor had been even less than sympathetic to her plight. So, she had rearranged tickets for herself and Penn, her friend from school. She paused when he entered her mind, whirling around at the landing which made her loose, pale blue, vintage sundress whip around her toned legs. He was unloading the car, which was just taking too long for her liking and so she barged into the house. Penn had come home with her for winter break and everyone had met him then and that was when he had been invited to come to the beach house. The two had always been strictly friends, the thought of anything more was laughable to both of them.

"Is that rum I smell?!" she yelled eagerly, bouncing merrily into the kitchen and into Payton, embracing her friend whole-heartedly. It had been a few months since they'd been able to do anything but text with an occasional skype date, but it was never enough. Lena laughed at of the sheer bliss she felt at being in the house and hugged all of the guys in the room, though her strange, pale gold eyes, instantly searched for Melissa and Emily. Instead, they found Penn, who had finally entered the kitchen, and she giggled hugging him happily. She floated effortlessly around, exuding her love of life.

There were so many things that this house made her think of and none of the memories were overly tragic. Except for that local lifeguard a couple of summers ago, but even that didn't seem like such a big deal anymore. She placed her hands on her hips as finally came to a stop beside Payton, inspecting the blender cautiously, "Are you sure you got the ratio right?" Mixed drinks were not Lena's favorite, she preferred shots, they were faster and you didn't have that taste for nearly as long. But, if they were done well, she was up for it, or at least she was always up for a cold beer. She had worn a strapless, hunter green bathing suit beneath the sundress, knowing that everyone would be ready for the beach by the time she got there.

-----

Penn pushed all of his and Lena's bags into the foyer, not concerned with putting them away just yet. He had fallen in love with all of Lena's friends when he'd stayed with her for that month and was eager to see them again. He followed Lena's happy, smooth chords, shaking his head at her when she hugged him. She was always like this and her energy always astounded him. He greeted Payton with a friendly hug and the rest of the guys with a handshake, and an introduction if he didn't know them. Penn pushed his fingers through his hair as he leaned up against the wall, comfortable in his surroundings.

He was tall and lean, with well-defined arms and an over-all good physique. Penn rowed crew for NYU along with being a communications and French double major. He loved being out on the water, even in the freezing cold. There was nothing quite like it. As a result of so much time outside, his caramel color hair melted into a hue closer to that of honey at the ends and his finely chiseled jawline and body were tan and freckled. His warm brown eyes watched the scene quietly, not finding anything in particular to comment on. Penn wasn't quiet, but he wasn't loud and outspoken like Lena. He was a good mix of the two qualities.

[[Let me know if any of this isn't okay. I'm excited to play with y'all!!!]]

Payton practically screamed as Lena bounced into the house. She attacked the girl in a huge hug, thrilled that she was there. Because Lena attended school in New York, while Payton was in Georgia for school, the two hardly ever got to see each other, skype dates were difficult to arrange with their busy schedules, and texting hadn't even come close to the amount of talking they'd been used to in high school. Pale eyes watched as Lena greeted all the guys and smiled, it was good to have everyone back together in the beach house again.

As Penn entered the kitchen, carrying all the luggage, of course, she grinned and returned his hug. "Beer's in the fridge, everyone's had breakfast but if you guys are hungry you're more then welcome to eat something. Make yourself at home," she said with a smile.

As Lena inspected the blender, Payton taste tested the pina colada mix. "Don't doubt me, I'm a pro," she said, offering Lena a taste. With her free hand, she grabbed two shot glasses out of one of the cabinents and set them down. "Breakfast shots?" She questioned Lena, raising her eyebrows slightly, a smile seemed to be permanently placed on her face. Out of all the girls, Payton considered Lena to be the one she was the closest with, and definitely the one who brought out Payton's wilder side, encouraging shots over mixed drinks.

"Oh my gosh please don't offer me more food, I feel like I'm about to burst," she said, exchanging a knowing smile with Penn. He had been witness to her insatiable hunger that morning. She had grabbed a bagel while they were in New York, had eaten on the plane, and had gotten something at the airport while he had rented the car. Lena accepted the taste of the drink, the cold, creamy liquid was mild and sweet. She knew she'd be able to drink way too many of them and would get way more lit than the gentle buzz that she wanted that morning. "You read my mind!" she exclaimed as Payton pulled out two shot glasses, ignoring Penn's gentle teasing about shots being an 'addiction.' Lena confidently strolled to the freezer, knowing that was where Payton preferred to keep all the good stuff. Her fingers closed on the neck of chilled Absolut and she grinned wickedly as she headed back toward Payton.

"Anyone else?" she inquired, glancing around the room as she filled the two glasses. She met Payton's eyes as she lifted the glass to hers, gently clinking the glass, wouldn't want that bad luck. After the unceremonious toast, Lena inhaled the alcohol, hardly noticing the burning sensation that ran down her throat and settled in her stomach. She giggled cheerfully, hugging her friend again. Well the four of them had been best friends, Payton had been her best friend. And it had been hard being away from her the previous year. She was just so happy to be there, she couldn't contain herself.

OOC: Sorry i'm so late with this! Totally forgot to check it to see if anyone posted

BIC:

Riley only smirked and rolled her eyes "okay, okay, whatever you say" she said as she stood up and straightened her shorts and shirt before heading for the door "Don't forget to save your phone from the sand pit of death" she joked as she nodded toward the sand out front where the phone was mostly buried in. She headed in the house and toward the group "we headed for the beach i'm guessing?" she asked as she grabbed the cooler and dumped ice in it. She hadn't even noticed that Lena had arrived until she stood up and went to throw the empty bags from the ice in the garbage. When Lena made a scrunched face after taking the shot she tackle hugged her "oh my god, when did you get here?!" she squealed. "This chronic late business is really getting out of hand missy" she teased

--

Shawn laughed casually at the girls screams of happiness "okay, can we go outside already before you guys burst some ear drums?" he asked as he rubbed his ears. He searched the doorway for Melissa and sighed when he didn't notice her yet. He grabbed a beer from the fridge and twisted the top off, taking a sip then setting it on the counter. He had swim trunks on already so he just pulled his shirt off and tossed it on the back of the chair. He was a big framed guy but had an athlete toned body from playing volleyball and surfing. He shook his blonde hair out of his eyes and grabbed a couple handfuls of beer and stuck them in the ice that was now in the cooler before grabbing his opened one and taking another sip.

(I don't know where WHF is, but I'll go ahead and post again. I don't want to leave her though.)

Payton took the shot just as easily as Lena. She had hated them in high school, but had learned to take them easier in college and was mastering the skill of just pouring it down her throat and ignoring the burning. The slender brunette squeezed her friend back, happy to have Lena's wild side back in the beach house again. She was relieved to see Melissa and Riley walk inside, knowing that this must mean that everything was settled and okay, at least for a little while. Melissa looked a little more relaxed, and she smiled at her friend. "Want shots?" she offered a shot glass or two to the othOer girls, who were late to her and Lena's breakfast shots. Of course, they could always take more.

"Oh hush Shawn, you love having your eardrums burst by the sound of all the girls excited to see each other," Payton said with a smile, teasing him as he filled the cooler with ice and beer. All the guys complained about the girls and their squeals as they were reunited, and she had to admit, they did get a little overwhelming sometimes. "Go, go, we're coming, girly drinks and all," she added, knowing the guys also liked the tease the girls about their fruity drinks, but the girls loved them, plus, they were so beachy.

--

Josh helped himself to a beer and took a sip. The first few sips of a cold beer, in his mind, were the best. He helped Shawn and Riley fill the cooler with ice and plenty of beer, making sure they'd have plenty for the beach and that it would stay cold. He had greeted Lena and Penn when they had first arrived, and like Shawn, was over the squeals and ready to head outside.

[[i don't think so, we're just waiting on WHF. Everyone is ready to go still. I'll post tomorrow or the next day if she hasn't posted by then.]]

[[sorry y'all! I have been working so much lately I'm just too tired to get a post up! So, apologies if this is no good!!]]

Lena giggled happily as she hugged Riley fiercely. She wasn't into the whole squealing thing, instead she tended to giggle which could be just as frustrating. "I know I know! Silly NYU," she said with a shake of her head, spraying her dark hair around her shoulders. She poured herself another shot, downing it quickly before helping everyone start to carry things out to the beach. "Penn, did you grab my-" she trailed off as Penn pointed to the pale green beach tote with a bright, striped towel hanging out of it. She had packed all the essentials in a separate bag: a towel, sunscreen, a hat, the latest Cosmo, and a bottle of water. "My hero," she said with a smile as she slung it over her shoulder. Lena pretended to help Josh carry one of the coolers down, though she was probably more of a hindrance than a help with her bouncy, almost floaty pace. She knew everyone at the beach house, but probably Josh the least seeing as he wasn't really Riley's significant other whereas Shawn had been Mel's and Logan was just Logan.

Once they were mainly set-up, Lena slipped out of her dress, applying a touch of sunscreen to her face but leaving the rest of her body without. She was naturally tan with her Greek heritage and she had never burned in her life. Plus, she spent so much time outside hiking and running that it was highly unlikely that the rays would effect her very much. She flopped down on her towel, her muscles relaxing almost instantly, she hadn't even realized how tight they were. Lena closed her eyes for the slightest second, just to gather her thoughts, before opening them to watch the others. She was normally need to be in the middle or planning things, but right then she was more than willing to let someone else call the shots. Though if someone didn't suggest volleyball or something entertaining she probably would. Lena accepted the cold beer tossed her eye, popping it open without much effort and taking a sip of the bubbly Landshark. Penn had dropped a towel beside her and was sitting. She could tell that he wanted to participate and get to know people, but he wasn't nearly as pushy as she could be and that he would let it happen naturally.

Riley grabbed her stuff and headed out with the rest of the group, playfully hipchecking Josh as she passed and skipped down the wooden path to the beach where she threw her towel down, dropped her bags and ripped off her clothes to reveal a brown and white strapless Hollister bikini. She grabbed a cooler and downed it quickly then tossing it to their recycling bin and grabbing another. She burped slightly loud as she cracked off the top of her second cooler and sipped it. She adored these summers more than anything. "So Lena my darling, what's up with you and Penn? anything interesting?" she teased as she sat in the sand and looked to her.

--

Shawn took a couple shots himself before he grabbed his stuff, a volleyball, and a sand castle kit and headed outside. Once he hit sand he dumped all the stuff in a pile except for the castle kit. Looking at it and lifting his sunglasses up he read the description on it "guys...we bought a castle thinger that's made for toddlers.." he laughed. "I say we bury the girls in sand instead" he teased, secretly knowing he'd be the one building a city of castles in the sand.

Heyy, sorry I was at the beach last week and didn't have internet access, but I'm here!

--

Josh appreciated Lena's help in carrying the cooler down to the beach, but her bouncy step made her help.. well, not as helpful, but it was still nice, considering everyone else darted down to the beach and began relaxing on the towels. He felt Riley's body against his as she joked around with him and he grinned, he'd get her back. As Shawn suggested burying the girls in the sand, he nodded, sounded like a plan to him, that or getting them in the ocean, which most of the girls were relectant to get wet at first. He grabbed Riley's hand and pulled her to her feet, before he dragged her down to the ocean, ready to get her and everyone else in the water. It was early, but the heat had already started to set in.

Payton laid her towel down next to Lena and found herself looking around for Logan, but she didn't see him. Turning back towards the ocean and her friends, she heard Riley's question about Penn and Lena and perked up. She sipped from her pina colada, which was already half empty and looked over at Lena, "yes, please tell." Just as she spoke, she saw Josh pulling Riley to the ocean and laughed. Every summer the guys started off by getting the girls in the water, every year it varied over who was the first girl to be dunked. Ice colored eyes saw Shawn amongst a bunch of toys and she overheard what he said about burying the girls. "Absolutely not! No burying me in the sand. Sand castles however, are allowed," she responded to him, refusing to be covered in sand all day.

Lena glanced over at Penn when Riley asked about him. He was standing casually with Shawn and Josh, grinning at something one of them had said. He looked remarkably attractive in the glistening sun and yet, she felt absolutely nothing. No pulling sensation in her heart, no butterflies in her stomach. Nothing. His sinewy, toned frame was perfect, but he was just a friend and always had been. She shrugged her slender shoulders, and sighed slightly with a small, "Does being best friends count as interesting? Since we're probably the only male and female to do it successfully?" Penn was the only guy who she had never been attracted to and he'd never been attracted to her. Their friendship was simple and easy, she adored him, but didn't like him in any other way.

She grinned as Riley was dragged down to the water, sipping slowly on the beer. Lena had fallen madly in love during her first week at NYU and met Penn at the same time and Penn was still in the picture. Needless to say, the guy had broken her heart just before spring break, which is why she'd opted to go on a vacation instead of going home. She couldn't explain that. She was just glad that her Facebook relationship status wasn't listed. Payton knew the vaguest details of the relationship, like his name, Matt, and that they hadn't ended on good terms, but that was about it. They hadn't had the time to talk about it in depth. She was pulled out of her thoughts as Payton called over to the guys threatening to bury them, glancing toward them, "There are so many more productive things we can do though!"

-----

Penn headed out, grabbing the second cooler, filled with a little harder liquid and followed the crew outside. He didn't feel uncomfortable or awkward around all these people he didn't know, but he hadn't found anyone that he wanted to have a solid conversation with. Aside from Lena of course. He smiled to himself as she bounded to the sound, knowing that she was definitely making Josh's job more difficult. But that was her, and she was his best friend for that very reason. He found himself by the guys, well Shawn as Josh quickly left them. "I don't think anyone would be up for being buried," he said quietly with a grin, his thoughts being echoed immediately by both Payton and Lena. He shot his smile towards the two girls, shrugging innocently, "Maybe we'll make a sandcastle on top of the sand we bury you with."