Nikki Livermore

Would You Dare To Walk This Path?

Where is the flipping railing?!?!??!!! Holy Moses! No flippin way would I be up there!

The camera guy sure didn't have a harness hooked up to that cable. It makes me nauseous(sp?).

MAYBE....with the harness and cable.

A few years ago I was doing maintenance on the hanger for the space shuttle, at Edwards AFB, ( NASA's Dryden Flight Research Center). We were up 105 ft on a man lift, in 15-20 mph winds. That boom moved like it was a snake!!!

We finished the lighting change, reinstalled the flood sprinklers to the fire system, and lowered that boom down.

CAN YOU SAY PUCKER FACTOR? :thud: :thud: :twitch :twitch: :twitch:

Did anyone else notice the only other people on that path were MEN! Women are too smart to walk that path of death! My heart is still beating a little too strong...

I might have made it to the hole.....but.....even if I did, right there is where I'd have turned back. :twitch: Notyo, on the other hand, would make it all the way to the top, no problem - the man has no fear.

?9 million over 4 years to fund the restoration

The announced restoration of the landmark El Caminito Del Rey was decided yesterday, with one of its major obstacles being the funding. The full council of Malaga approved a multi-year economic plan to fund the works between 2011 and 2015. The investment amounts to 9,076,880 euros, which will be contributed equally by the provincial body and the Junta de Andalucia at a rate of 907,688.05 per year for each institution.

?The board has already prepared the decree and we are committed to signing it on June 17, following the local elections,? the president of the council Salvador Banner announced yesterday, adding that, once the agreement is signed, it will bring the contract for execution of work very near.

Thus, it seems that the landscape is cleared for the execution of the works presented by the project commissioned by the council and presented last December. The study, prepared by the engineering firm specializing 75, presents a complete rehabilitation of the bridge built in the 1920′s to gain access to the dam of El Chorro, between the towns of Ardales and Alora.

?This is a very important project for recovery of historical heritage and also fuels the most important economic activity: tourism,? said Salvador Banner.

On the other hand, the council said that a second phase is to build a visitor reception center and small museum of hydroelectric power in the region. The institution said that it also maintains conversations with ADIF (Railway Infrastructure Manager) for the train to go directly to El Chorro and rehabilitate the halt of Coscojales.

Not just no.. but heck no. I would pee and poop my pants, and probably die of a panic attack. I do not do heights very well. :crazy:

I ain't even gonna click on the video, especially after reading replies! :twitch:

Heck, I got stuck in a hay loft once, ex BIL had to get me down with his bobcat, & it was only an 8 foot drop!

I think I want to. Not because I "want" to but because I "need" to. Does that make sense? The only thing are those stretches where you have to walk to pipes. Just an ounce of panic could cause a disaster.

No. Nu uh. No way. I'm not scared of heights, per say. I mean, I can stand on the roof of a sky scraper and be fine, but I won't go near the edge. (I've done it) I am scared beyond belief of falling from a high height. In fact, just talking about going near the edge of sky scraper roof made me stop typing and spaz out and clench my hands nervously for a second.

So no. I would not even consider it! Harness or not! If for some reason it was a do or die thing, I'd be hugging that rock the entire time. :twitch:.

ETA, if the trail is that eroded and not taken care of, why the HECK would you trust that cable???

Edited by Taglet

Wow..... uh...... NOPE! I mean there were big ole holes and hunks missing out of the path! I consider myself outgoing but would have to pass on that. No thank you!

from what i understood it's in andalusia, a very beautiful part of spain and where andalusians originally came from. it's a very, very macho culture...