sarawharton

Pregnate Mare

Okay I need some tips when we were younger we had horses (20 yrs ago)well now we got 2 the 1 was preganate when we got her the guy told me she would deliever between Feb -April sometime??? well here we are in May and nothing. She is bagging up a little and is soft up by her tail, But I also think she might be leaking amniotic fluid since yesterday is this normal or should I be worried??

i can bet she is not leaking ammniotic fluid or she would be in labour.... i am thinking that the foal is just pushing on her bladder and cause a bit of leakage through that...

that is a pretty big range...

i would personally suggest calling the vet and haveing the mare checked out, he will be able to gove you a better foaling date and tell you exactly what is leaking from the mare... but it is normal for mares to have a little leaking..

they should bag for a month some a little more.

A small amount of urine and fluid leakage from a pregnant (especially a close to giving birth) mare is normal. But if you aren't sure, and especially if she's running a fever call a vet out. It is what is best.

Is this a first time mom mare (maiden?)? Or has she had foals before? When was the last date she was exposed to the stallion?