Sign in to follow this  
TracyA

Dressage Chit Chat #30

I would never be able to get him to eat a 1/4 cup of Epsom Salts. Not in a million years. I would literally have to drown his feed in oil or molasses, and I'm not really willing to do that just to get the Mg into him. He will only eat pellets. He is a super fussy eater and will just leave anything that is in non-pelleted form at the bottom of his bucket. Drives me insane.

They lose muscle tone incredibly fast. 4 months is definitely enough time for Lucy to lose all of her muscle. Lieto lost absolutely everything when he had 4 months off. Give her some time and see if she doesn't start coming back into shape.

~Shelly~

Shelly- My sister adds seaweed supplement to the broomares grain, and somehow one of the mares can pick around it. She manages to eat every single grain and leaves the majority of the supplement in the bucket. My sister has tried mixing with oils and things but she WILL NOT touch that seaweed! Not that that helps, but it's funny how finicky they are!

So one of the mares I have been training has been taken back to her owner's house, now I'm down to one. The grulla mare I was going to start under saddle has a chronic hip injury and will not hold up to training. She is going to be evaluated from the vet again and we will go from there. Sooooo, I don't know what my next project will be, tonight I will have to figure it out when I go to the barn. I do know that I will be putting some time on the 17 hand Lusitano stallion. I started riding him in the spring but he hasn't had any consistent training since then.

We are not going to the show at the end of the month, so no more costume contest :( . But it's a good thing since I'm switching horses and my mare needs to work on some rounding exercises so I can start getting her in shape. We have an open house coming up next Saturday so I need to figure out what kind of demo I'm going to do with her and work on that too!

Always something crazy going on around here!

This seems different than muscle loss though. She's had months and months off before, but she never came back like this. I'm going to try her in her old saddle here in a bit.

Look for a supplement that's not magnesium oxide though. It's pretty much worthless. Will he eat his feed soaked? I can get literally anything into them if I feed it soaked.

I have to mix Laylas up really well. The mag scoop with the di mag is like 2 teaspoons. So she gets two little scoops twice a day. She eats that no problem but she's not crazy about the tri amino so I have to mix well. But she gets liquid MSM and HA which its a thicker liquid and binds it together. Rex cleans his up though lol. I can break a tab of bute into four pieces and throw it to him and he eats it thankfully.

Heather rode Layla last night. She wasn't really bending right but her steps were even and she was relaxed etc. I got on and it feels like she's out in her neck. Not painful or anything but just physically cannot bend right. I get like that sometimes. Gotta get Chiro out before next Saturday when the show is.

Shiloh - yes, he will eat his food soaked with oil or molasses, but as I said, I would rather not have to dump that much oil or molasses into his food just to get him to eat a supplement. Not sure if he would eat his food if they soaked it with water. He is incredibly picky. I've seen him turn down a handful of sweet feed with nothing in it simply because it has had bute in it previously. However, I can just toss doxy whole into his feed, and he will eat those no problem. Strange animal.

Shantel - I feel Layla's pain!!! My neck is still killing me from one of Lieto's temper tantrums when he started rearing on me a week and a half ago. He really did a number on my neck.

So the vet was out yesterday. I thought she was just going to ultrasound the splint so I didn't bother getting the day off work. I just asked Jack to go hold him for the vet. Turned into a much more detailed visit than that of course. She wanted to see him lunged, then progressively blocked the right foreleg and also did flexions on both right legs. He is sound to the right like I said, and mostly sound to the left with the weird intermittent funky step that is funky enough that it includes a head bob which is just what I was seeing. The problem is that the horse is goofy enough that it is really hard to tell if he is just farting around, or if he is truly off. He had no reaction to the flexions, and the blocking made no difference, so the vet doesn't think the splint is an issue at all. She feels that the problem is that I gave him too much time off, and we are back to square one on his locking right stifle issue which means I need to get his butt back to work ASAP. My trainer disagrees. She thinks the vet is missing something. My trainer hasn't seen him go in over a month though, so she is basing her judgement off of what I have described to her. The BNT who helped the vet with the workup yesterday said she isn't sure whether he is sound or not - too hard to tell with him. So the plan is for the BNT to put him back into work starting tomorrow with my help. I'll only ride when she is there to observe. At the end of next week, we'll have my trainer come out to assess. We'll make the decision then whether to continue with work or get a 2nd opinion. So that's the plan for now.

On the upside, the vet and the BNT both said that I have done a fantastic job taking care of the splint. That it is much smaller than it was when they saw it in September and has made great progress calcifying. The vet said I didn't need to ice and wrap it anymore as it was well on it's way to healed. That was good to hear as, honestly, I can't see a single bit of difference in it at all. ???

~Shelly~

Odd that Lieto didn't block out sound. Hopefully it's just weakness and he'll be ready to go with some work to get back in shape.

Rode Lucy again last night and she's a bit better in her old saddle, but still not where she was. She's very soft, just not much power. We did jump the little log jump I built, and she had a ball. I'm debating on putting in the work to get her really fit again, or just letting her be my play horse, doing enough to keep her from going downhill fast at her age, but not really ask her for anything.

I worked on the walk to canter with Mir last night. He's hilarious. I get a good walk, which for him is hard. His walk is very lazy. Slide my leg back to ask for canter, really over-do it so he knows what I want, and he takes off like he's coming out of a starting gate. He's getting half a step of trot, sometimes a hair more, and then it's GO!!! His canter needs a lot of work though. He has a lovely canter, but his stride is huge and he's not strong enough to really carry himself in it. He's so uphill though. I've never ridden one who is just naturally that uphill.

Shelly, good news.. I think? How frusterating to not get a clear answer and have so many people saying different things. But the fact that the nerve block didnt change anything would also lead me to believe if anything is bothering him, its not the splint or in that foot/leg. Layla can get sticky stifles, mainly her left, when ses left inside a lot or out of work. So I feel you there. Hopefully he will get back into work and get his strength back and all will be well. Good luck!

Emily, so good to hear Mir is coming along. For Lucy, how much did her diet change from FL to LA? Like hay quality, etc? Maybe she needs some more protein or something? Layla was having a hard time keeping muscle, even with good quality pasture and hay, so I put her on tri amino (or you can do just straight lysine for like $7 a month) and have not had a single issue with her muscles since. Even when she was semi retired and ridden once every 5-6 weeks, her saddle still fit 6 months later when bringing her back into work where she was schooling 2nd when semi retired.

Getting ready to leave to go to HITS Ocala and watch Regionals. Have some friends showing their champ classes today and alraedy had some ride yesterday and place in the ribbons. So far, the NE FL group is doing well. Also gotta check out the SHOPPING. :yahoo:

If anything, her diet up here is better. She's not lost muscle really. Her saddle still fits fine. She's almost 21 though, so 4 months of nothing following a year of hit-or-miss I guess has just taken its toll. Who knows. I had her on lysine at one point and it did nothing for any of them. They get enough alfalfa that it's not needed.

Yesterday was AMAZING. I am so glad I waited to go Sat and not Friday.

When we (me and my friend Heather) got there, we met up with my gf Kate, as I really wanted to watch her champ ride at 1. While she was getting dressed, her trainer pulled us aside and told us a little secret. Her boyfriend was going to propose at the end of her test. They cleared it with the TD and judge and they were totally cool with it. :happy0203: I had joked with him last month at the show about when was he going to pop the question, and he told me he was having the ring made already. So excited.

So I was in charge of video'ing with their camera. He was SO nervous as one would expect. There was probably 15-20 people standing ring side to watch and cheer her on and see the proposal. We have a pretty big group that went to Regionals so it wasnt weird to have that many people there.

So she goes in, does a great test, halts at X. Her trainer and boyfriend start running into the ring. She obviously doesnt see them. Shes in her own world right then as 2 years ago to the day, her horse was being opened up for colic surgery, so to do that final center line was a big moment for her.

So shes walking towards the judge, who is telling her to halt, she doesnt hear him. She turns left, sees her trainer with a bucket, and is thinking omg what is wrong with my horse? Then she sees her boyfriend and he tells her to get off of the horse. So shes about to freak. Trainer is holding horse, sponging him off, and boyfriend grabs her, gets down on one knee in the middle of the ring, and proposes. It was magical. The judges were taking pics, everyone was clapping and screaming for them, it was just great. One lady said that her next horses show name should be "She Said Yes" lol. She was just totally beside herself. What a wonderful day. These two people are perfect for each other. She did not place in the ribbons (not even sure what place she was.. her final score was a 61.7% for champ class but she won her 1:1 class the day before with a 64%) but at that point, it didnt matter.

Heres a pic

314788_10150356569444171_840149170_7936964_84737839_n.jpg

Just a quick pic from the show this weekend..

took Rex up to walk around and hang out in the stall after Layla was done and I took her home. He was a champ. Heather got this picture - I think its pretty funny. If you look hard, you can just see the top of my head over his back as Im walking next to him (Im 5'8)

300994_2430826417240_1449009522_32703266_1924209194_n.jpg

I hope my future husband is clever enough to think of a creative horse-related way to purpose! :happy0203:

That's a handsome bum there, how tall are you?!? How did your show go? Any more pics?

Shiloh... where are you?! How is miss Lucy? My sister spoke with JP over the weekend, have you heard anything about his project to start a working equitation organization in the US?

I'm in the middle of nowhere, about an hour south of Shreveport. If you're in Houston, I'm 3 to 4 hrs away, but all back roads.

I've not ridden Lucy recently, but she's still being her normal PITA self. I hauled the little ones to a friend's ring this weekend and left her home. I got home and she takes off galloping around the pasture, so excited to have her little herd back. Mir was very very good, I actually got him to relax at the base of his neck a little, of course it took some strong contact and creative riding, but with him, if I can get him to do what I want and praise, he will start to offer it, so the ends justify the means. Not like I was too harsh with him, just had to take more of a hold than I like to. Annie didn't kill me, actually leg yields to the left a bit now vs. rearing, trying to flip, and running me into the fence. She canters on cue now too, which is odd since I never really taught her that on purpose. She's just too smart for her own good. I'm going to haul them over there about once a week because they both work a lot better in a level arena than in my hilly pasture. The hilly pasture is good for them, just hard to work on consistency, which is what they both need right now.

JP has been trying to start up a horsemanship competition that uses dressage or working equitation for a long time. I love the idea. It doesn't give a gaits score, so it really levels the playing field. But getting interest in it has been hard for him, because USDF is so strong, and his competition would compete with that. He really has a ton of great ideas, loves to tinker with things, but finding the backing and then the market is always a challenge in a sport rooted in tradition.

Im 5'8 lol. I havent sticked him since Feb when he was 16.2. Im guessing 17?

My girlfriend who is leasing Layla (bay mare in siggy pic) showed Intro B twice for a qualifying score for championships in our GMO. She got a 62.7% from a judge giving mostly 40s and a 65.6% from the other judge. She is now qualified for our championships next month.

Here is a short video of me on Layla once my friend was done. I got on and schooled her since they only did walk trot. After 5 mins of her sucking back b/c she all of a sudden had to work, she gave in and gave me lovely work. She got a little stuck in the canter so I started doing leg yields and then figured we havent done a half pass in a while so lets see how it is and we ended up doing leg yield to half pass to leg yield, etc in the canter. I felt like I was flopping around but I am pleased to see I am not.

Layla was in heat but after the ridiculous nights before, she was very good. Heres her making eyes at a gelding standing by her

NFDASchoolingShow10_22_11017.jpg

NFDASchoolingShow10_22_11006.jpg

Some pro pics

http://www.photostockplus.com/home.php?user_id=72129&tmpl=190&event=926332&action=viewphoto&photo_id=53558555&album_id=926367&pcount=44

Fall has been crazy busy.Nov. is getting full. Clinic on monday with Ulf. Mat go hang ourt at a show with some barrel friends the followinf weekend. Planning a ca,ping/trail riding trip to Gettysburg mid Nov. Then things finally calm down.Then work gets crazy with the holidays.

My niece was over riding this past weekend. Both Cheese and her dd awesome. My niece is finally getting the basics for steering. Woring with voice commands for stop. Cheese will with a small child so better than the kid accidently hauling in her mouth.Poor niece didn't want to get off but had to go to a Halloween parade with her family. There is hope for her being horse crazy yet.

Could use your guys help once again. Researching beidles. Just switched from two brown saddles to two black. So I would like to get a black bridle to match. The two bridles I have are cob sized. Bridles fit ok but nosedband is to big. Cheese has a petite head. Think she has some arab in her or something. I need something a bit on the slimmer side. Does any company make rolled dressage bridles? Is sizing pretty much the same from brand to brand? Just scared to order a pony and have it be to small. Planning to check out the sales as the holidays draw near. Just trying to get an idea of what to look for.

Layla has a very refined head (4" mouth!) and cobs fit her well. I just got a Nunn Finer dressage bridle through Tack of the Day for $78 (normally $190) and it fits beautifully. Ive heard really good things about the Wellfleet bridles from Smartpak. Just avoid SUPER cheap stuff as I have found the sizing on that stuff is REALLY off.

I dunno about rolled as I personally don't like them, but the SmartPak Plymouth reins are awesome. You really can't beat the price. Their bridle is supposed to be pretty nice too, and $50 for the whole set with reins.

Just bridles also lets you buy by the piece, so you could get cob sized everything with a pony sized cavesson.

Or you could take your brown bridles and have them dyed black.

Just a quick update.

Yesterday I had my surgery to remove the endometriosis and to remove my gall bladder. I was in surgery for just under 4 hours. Everything went as planned. I ended up having to get the max dose of dilated (sp) for pain and that causes me to itch, so then they had to give me the max dose of benedryl. I went home last night and am doing ok right now. Very sore and uncomfortable but no actual pain. I am on motrin 800, percocet, phenergan (sp) for nausea, ducolace to helps thing keep moving along as the percocets can slow your digestive tract down, along with my wellbutrin and BCPs. And did I mention I hate taking pills???

The main discomfort is actually from all of the CO2 they pump into your abdomen so they can see. All that gas is trapped inside and pressed on everything. Im having pain in my neck, shoulders, chest, and back which I was told would happen. I am trying to get up and move around every couple of hours to help but I can def tell when I havent been moving.

My incisions are bigger than last year and obviously more since I had 2 surgeries yesterday. I look like I got into a fight with a knife and lost! Ill post the pic.. its just my stomach with the incisions that have some bruising around. So if that bothers you, scroll past it!

I was planning on going back to work on Monday but I am not bouncing back as quickly as I did last year. So I will have to see. Thankfully I have wonderful friends that are taking care of my ponys and a great mom/dad/husband taking care of me.

pic below

386641_2458088618778_1449009522_32726165_418234986_n.jpg

Edited by KrazyTBMare

Shiloh ? Lieto had 5 weeks off, I had to go back and check my ride journal to get the precise count, and it was exactly 5 with 2 of those weeks being 2 straight weeks of stall rest where he never left his stall except for short hand walking as the vet didn?t want him moving. He was a solid 1st level starting on some 2nd level work prior to the lay off, and coming back it was like starting out with an unbroken horse. He lost so much that he was literally wobbly. He was also out (chiro wise) in several places, worst of which was his sacrum which was causing shooting pain to run down his right hind leg which in turn caused him to compensate with his left front leg. That made him suck back and threaten to buck every time you put your leg on to ask him to go forward. He has been such a joy to ride lately. *sigh* Chiro/acupuncture was yesterday. Hopefully the princess has been sorted out now. He has a week to show significant improvement in behavior and attitude or an all new vet will be called in for a second opinion. On an up note, 2 vets have now both said that the split on the right front looks FANTASTIC and is totally healed and no longer a problem. Now I am just dealing with the backlash from the healing process and getting him back on track. I really HATE sensitive horses.

Krazy ? Sooo glad to hear that your surgery went well. Now get some rest and heal up. Lay low and call in sick if you need to on Monday. Pushing yourself too hard too fast will only cause you to extend your recovery time. An extra day or two in bed will get you healed and on your feet much, much faster. I?ve been on most of the meds (for my migraines) you are currently taking, and the combination is a good one to deal with the pain, nausea and nasty side effects of the meds. As much as you may hate taking pills, if you cut one out, you won?t be feeling as good!! Why they can?t make ONE pill that does everything is beyond me, but when I get a migraine, I end up doing the same thing you are doing now ? 1 pill for the pain, another for the nausea, another to keep the insides moving, etc. Total pain!!! I?ve gotten really good at taking pills though. I can now take a whole handful at a time.

What a great story about your friend at the show. Very sweet, and a show she will never forget for soooo many reasons. Loved the pic of you leading Rex!! He is growing into a very big boy. At least you can still just barely be seen from the opposite side of him. Me not so much. Lieto just towers over me by several inches. I?m so freaking short compared to him. Layla is looking fantastic.

CSA ? How was the clinic with Ulf??

We went to California two weeks ago for a wedding. Very nice. Long flight, but well worth it. Met a bunch of Jack?s family that I had never met before. Now we are frantically scrambling to try to get the boats winterized and set before the real cold sets in here. I need to get Lieto clipped this weekend as he is rapidly turning into a hairy yak which is making it hard for the trainer to work with him. So those are my weekend plans ? lunging, clipping and winterizing 2 boats and a dinghy!!

~Shelly~

On phone so this will be short. I actually am having severe side effects from the phenergan. Yellowing of skin, muscle jerks/jolts that are uncontrollable, and very tight muscles. So I have to come off the phenergan for now. :/

Quick update

I was having a reaction to the phenergan. I was yellow, uncontrolled muscle jerks, and stiffening muscles. I didnt take any at all yesterday and only had a few of the muscle jerks and just a tad yellow. So far today, I feel ok. Just really sore. The only time Im not sore is when Im on 2 percocets. Ugh. but then Im all loopy and what not. Still not sure about making it to work Monday...

KTM-How you feeling? Glad to hear surgery went ok.I hope you are feeling better. Thanks for reminding me about TOTD. I tend to forget to look there.

shiloh-Neen thinking/researching about dying brdles. Jist afraid os screwing something up.

Shelly-I hope you got through all the stuff you had planned. I am kind of jealous of people who clip. Palominos look awful when clipped.

We;; the Sat brfore the clinic we had a freak snow storm. Acuumilation varied a lot. The real probltm was everything was still green and with the wet snow there were trees down everywhere. So clinic got cancelled. Lost power for a day. Lots of people lost power for 4/5 days. So we were kind of lucky. Had to cancel lesson that week as well. Tried to ride yesterday and Cheese didn't feel right. Nothing nad just wasn't wanting to step forward under herslef. Got off and gave her a reb down. See how she is for our lesson this week. Suppose to go trail riding/camping at Gettysburg this weekend with some friends. So hopefully it is just something minor. Really looking forward to this weekend since last two have not been so good.

I havent been able to take the phenergan but only was a little sick to my stomach a couple of days ago. Have been ok since. Tried to see how I was without the percocets but still too sore so I am not going into work today. I cant drive nor work on patients while on them. I am moving around a lot better and can even sleep on my side now so Im hopeful I can go back to work tomorrow and just do easy stuff. For now, Im going back to bed! Just took my AM pills and had some toast.

Shelley, so glad to hear Lieto is back on the med. Hopefully the chiro got him back into place and he will start to cooperate some.

csa, crazy with the snow. Hopefully Cheese was just a little stiff from the cold weather? I hope shes ok when you get on to ride again.

OUCH, Shantel, that is an awful reaction to phenergan!! Make sure you remember to list an allergy to that whenever you fill out medical info forms. That sounds terrible. When I was going to the ER several times a year for migraines (thankfully it has been 6-7 years since I have needed to do that), the drug of choice to counteract the nausea was visterol. ACK!! Hated that stuff. The day they gave it to me, no problem. Dealt with the nausea and worked like a charm. The next day, however, it left me feeling jittery and like I was having one, long, perpetual anxiety attack. Worst feeling in the world. I used to specifically request the phenergan as it worked much better for me with no nasty anxiety side effects the next day. So sorry to hear that you had such a negative reaction to it. That is certainly a drug you want to avoid in the future.

CSA - There was NOTHING to envy about the body clipping this weekend. It used to take me about 2 hours to do a full clip on Raz. He had such fine hair. Lieto's hair is super thick and nasty to clip, and there is just a lot of horse to clip. It usually takes me 3 hours or so to finish the job. I got to the barn around 10am on Saturday morning. About an hour into the job, I realized that something was really wrong with the clippers. I tried to fix them, change the blades, anything, but they just kept getting worse and worse no matter what I did. It was awful. We were both getting super frustrated. I even resorted to trying to use my cordless face/leg clippers which are a pretty decent size, but just not up to the job of body clipping a horse with hair like Lieto. Unfortunately I broke the blade on those clippers as well. I finally hit the point at 5pm that I had to pack it in and drive to Dover to get new clippers. A sales clerk there took pity on me and sold me a pair of nearly $300 super nice heavy duty body clippers that had been returned unused and even threw in an extra set of blades for free - my price $100!! I must have been in really rough shape!! HA These are the clippers that I got:

http://www.doversaddlery.com/product.asp?pn=X1-1822&ids=1036787813

They finished up the job in grand style, and I finally left the barn around 8:30pm. Ugh!! Lieto still looks like he got attacked by a set of clippers though. Definitely my worst ever clip job. He needs to stay covered by blankets and hidden behind the barn for several weeks. What an embarrassment!!

We had the same snow storm you did weekend before last. The weight of the snow was insane. Trees were down everywhere and many people were without power. We took this picture Saturday around midnight of the tree in our side yard:

TomsTree04s.jpg

And then this picture of the same tree the next morning:

TomsTree05s.jpg

Crazy weather!!

We are actually in the midst of making a trainer change with Lieto right now, so no idea how successful the chiro appointment was. Have to wait and see. I still take lessons with the same person, but since she doesn't ride, we have to find someone else to ride him when the need arises. Unfortunately, the person we normally use has gotten really busy lately, so we have decided to switch Lieto over to someone else. We are also going to get a full workup with a brand new vet just to get a second opinion and make sure he is good to go. Trying to get that scheduled. So that's where we stand.

Hope you are feeling better and back to work soon, Shantel.

~Shelly~

What the ****, you guys have SNOW??? It's 80 here.

So Mir has decided he hates my jumping saddle. That boy changes his mind about tack more often than I change my mind about what to wear to work! I also noticed today he has two white spots, oddly shaped, on either side of his withers, but BEHIND where the tree points on a saddle would go. It might be old damage from stirrup bars, but dunno. It's way worse and bigger on the right, which is the side I tend not to weight enough. As in, I ride heavy on the left by nature, rarely am I ever heavy on the right. He's not sore on those spots. It's also a bit higher up on the left, which makes even less since due to my wanting to weight the left. If anything, I would be pulling the saddle down on the left, not up. These marks weren't there last winter. They are only visible when he's clipped. I didn't even notice the one on the left until today when I went to get on him bareback (which he also hates BTW, but I put my Lauriche on him and he snorted and relaxed, so guess it's the tack and not him).

shiloh- Snow before Halloween is not usual. Thankfully. I'll trade ya. 80 sounds nice right now.

Shelly-At leasrt you got a good deal on clippers.

Cheese is a bit better. Was a bit of a brat for the lesson. So trainer had us work transitions. I always tend to worry about frying Cheese's brain and just losing everything. Ytainer knew just when to back off. Just really odd to me since most other trainers would have kept pushing it. I have had a migrane the past couple of days. It needs to go away for this weekend. Suppose to go camping/trailriding with some friends at Gettysburg.

Camping was great. Took me most of the week to fully recover. Dressage show tomorrow. Doing Itro b&C.Also doing the equitaion class.They had a special do two tests and get the equitation class for free. So I figured what the hey more schooling. Well I am starting to stress about the eq. class. Rail classes freak me out. Main reason why I won't do hunters. I know it is silly and is a good oppertunity to get over this fear. Trying to destress and do some painting. Which has turned into frustration for me. I used to do acrylis. With my eye issues not so much a good medium for me. So switched to gouche. Which should be the perfect medium but I miss doing the more detailed work with acrilyc.Ok whine over.

Ok so been a little while... I went back to work on the 8th only to last 2 hours before coming home. It was too much. But in those 2 hours, I caught my coworkers cold so Thursday woke up with that. Abdominal surgery + sneezing/coughing = PAIN. But I was feeling better by the 14th and have been back to work full time since then. Feel pretty good. Still adjusting to the diet and all. Went to the movies to see Eclipse again before Breaking Dawn was released and woke up at 2am in dire pain, wanting to go to the ER. Apparently me and butter are no longer friends! Ugh.

Uhm.... lets see. Heather (Laylas leasee) had her championship show on the 19th. Came in 4th with a 60%. Only their 3rd show together. They did great.

391237_10150414963303938_722188937_8590200_1951116775_n.jpg

I had new xrays taken of Rexs splint and was given the go ahead to start him back into work so I was lucky enough to have half a day at work Wednesday and Mr Trainer (Dean Graham) was coming over!

So I had Dean get on and just lightly work Rex to get back into the swing of things. Hes way braver than me! Just hops right on - no lungeing or long lining. 6 months off (well hes been out in the pasture doing horse things, etc) at a place hes been to twice, multiple other horses being worked. Rex was SO good. Def remembered his lessons from before. At first he was feeling a little fresh but to be expected. Nothing bad just some scooting sideways and some half arse spooks. No bucking or anything. Easy w/t/c in the hunter arena and then Dean took him out into the dirt arena as Rex was not having it with the puddles. So he learned how to walk through the water. Then he saw the dreaded pump house! LOL Went around it and by it but took some coaxing to go TO it. Once he did, he was so proud of himself. After a break, he took him into the dressage arena for a 3 min quick w/t with 1 canter around the track and that was it. It was perfect and he was again SO good. Hes a tired boy but is doing great. I did think he looked decent muscle wise before tacking him up today. Now seeing him go u/s, I REALLY see the lack of muscle, etc but he still doesnt look bad.

Anyways, Ill post a few favs but I uploaded like 56 photos to my FB (which is public). Yay for Mr Trainer and Mr Baby Horse!

380798_2565617946944_1449009522_32777235_825053918_n.jpg

313239_2565581866042_1449009522_32777197_6032503_n.jpg

376469_2565585826141_1449009522_32777211_929932793_n.jpg

389845_2565583466082_1449009522_32777202_856294316_n.jpg

386388_2565587026171_1449009522_32777215_527404301_n.jpg

393504_2565589226226_1449009522_32777223_1075457596_n.jpg

Link to all of the photos

New pic - My aunt took this Tday night. Her horses are like 14.3-15.2 so hes kind of big to her lol

383078_2571956825412_1449009522_32780361_1016804763_n.jpg