tockita

Video ~ Bonny Under Saddle

For those of you hoping for new pics of the boys, sorry Charlie...

However for your viewing pleasure I will offer a hopefully satisfactory substitute!

The Cowboy has not been here this week because on Monday Bonny & GPS went to & are traveling again on Thursday to my old vets clinic.

Why you ask? Well of course you are going to ask...

Because Bonny has a date with... a freezy pop.

Who is sending it to her you might also ask, and the answer is

This gentleman

Yes, papers aren't everything.. So watch this

We are pretty much guaranteed a plain red baby, but ... I have feeling it won't matter much. I'm hoping for a filly, just cause I like them.. Oh! and the Cowboy is already wanting to have first crack at it if I don't want to keep it.

Dang it! If only you weren't so far away from me! :mecry: I'm in MO! Why do ya'll have to be in CA??? :rotf::rotf:

Good luck with Bonny's date with the freezy pop! :rotf:

Dang it! If only you weren't so far away from me! :mecry: I'm in MO! Why do ya'll have to be in CA??? :rotf::rotf:

We do travel.. with horses even. I'll be in Ft Worth in Sept, hopefully Reno in Aug, I just spent a week in Seattle after I hauled some horses up to JTJedi last month.

Besides Southwest, AirTran, Spirit and a bunch of airlines have cheap flights to LA or Vegas all the time.

:winking: :winking: :winking: :winking:

And the freezy pop is in Florida so you are actually closer to him then I am. LOL

The new daddy sure is fine. I have to agree on that one. And that stud was working those cows really well in that video for sure.

The new dad is not only hot, he knows how to work with a foal the right way!

:wub: both of them.

Good luck with the ultra sound results!

So what are you going to do with the Atta Cat foal?

:questionicon: Is Atta Cat roaning or greying or is he a Sabino?

The video keeps jamming and I couldn't tell if he has the coon tail of a Sabino.

Either way, he is one gorgeous horse!

Are you going to the Mustang & Burro event on the 19th-21st in Reno? Some of the people in my horse club will be there too.

First YES to the Wild horse & Burro Expo, we are really hoping to make it this year! Lifesavers is going and taking horses to show, so Angi will get to go too, which means more horses an class possibilities.

I think Angi might show Chester, my daughter will show my Symphony and or Angi's Freedom, and I will hopefully bring my SEMM horse if I get my butt out to work with her more. It's been so hot, the farrier was here today, then went to Apple Valley and back, then to Palmdale to the dog vet. Just keep running.

On the 4th I went to JoAnns and bought fabric to make country/cowboy coolers to send to the troops. There is a group called The Ships Project, that ships items over to the troops each month. They have people make coolers, socks, hats, slippers.. and they ship them to ground troops as well as Naval personnel that are deployed. They have instructions on what to send, and tell you when to send in what, and have patterns available. Since they ship all the time they know what will not be a disappointment when the boxes are opened.

Finally we did go to the vets and the ultrasound was negative. It is day 18, and she has a a new follicle almost ready so I know she didn't take at all. I didn't feel that disappointed because it is so hot, and I was feeling bad that she was going to be popping in June. So we are gonna give it a go next year, which also gives her some time with this guy and then to not be pregnant. I told the vet unless one of these 2 turns out to be a million dollar superstar, I think the Atta Cat foal will be it. GPS's dad wants to look at the Atta Cat baby too.. but we'll see what it looks like. If it's a hot studly like this years, I may again have to vote for it to go out in the world and be awesome, but I'm kind of hoping for a nice old fashioned filly to grow old here.

What?! No pics of his owner??? :mecry: I feel slighted! It okay though, if you post some of him later though. :flirt::crazy: Lol!

He's lookin' good and will probably be a sooty palomino or shed out lighter each year. I know a few that start dark and get lighter every year. lol!

My Tryst(dun) started out tawny yellow, then cocoa brown, then yellow for winter, then shed out dun.

His dad says his sire is a deep golden palomino but is a roan. I've never seen a winter pic of him so I wasn't sure how dark he is.

I'm sure this color will change a bit as he finishes shedding.

Bonnie's little man is 6 months old now!! I don't know how it happened so fast! We are weaning him, and his new dad will pick him up soon. He says he's really excited about having him in his barn. I'll miss him but I'm glad he is going where he will have a chance to do what he was bred to do.

Bonnie did really well nursing him, and since we only got her AI'd once (didn't take) and it was so late in the season I decided to wait til next year.

They are horrible pics taken just as the sun was setting, BUT....

313162_2004877852129_1549115287_31566577_1597772325_n.jpg

320293_2004885412318_1549115287_31566580_668566517_n.jpg

He is just gorgeous, your mare looks like she's an excellent mama, and I loved seeing the new owner getting to know the colt like that! (And not just because new owner is drool-worthy, though he is.) Looks like he really wants to build a partnership with your little man.

Oh, I wish all breeding stories could turn out like this!

Edited by Transplanted

Bring on the rain..

386894_2056707307833_1549115287_31598935_2065734642_n.jpg

He hasn't worn a blanket since he was tiny, and probably doesn't remember it. He was pretty good about accepting it. No fireworks, just started out sniffing it and being rubbed. Then some on and off folded in fourths, then wearing it folded & opened it a fourth at a time. Since he likes belly rubs the strap was not an issue at all. :D

He's still sneaking drinks tho so we are going to move mom so he still see her, but not reach her.

Now that Little man is weaned/weaning I took Bonnie on an outing to have my friend see what she knows. After I purchased her I called Oasis Ranch and when i asked if the mare was broke at all, I was told "Oh that mare rides! It;s just been a while so maybe start in a snaffle. So she is a bit rusty, started off nipping once when saddled, but seemed happy afterwards, she was really snugly after.

So here is just a bit of Bonnie's 1st ride with us

more ~ Bonnie rides

https://fbcdn-video-a.akamaihd.net/cfs-ak-snc4/355043/976/2068921333176_32547.mp4?oh=beaf9fb0c4da40357b3d35ac90ccbf4c&oe=4EC57100&__gda__=1321562368_9768aeed7bc8e4b13ff465c7dfbcbb0f

This when she first climbed on. All are in the same short ride. We didn't know what training she had, and this was her first trip away from the Little man. She nipped at Angi when she cinched her so she wasn't expecting her to be so willing. She did have a point where you can tell she's rusty and had to work out to of go backwards when turning. But we could tell she has a good foundation in there, just needs conditioning and a little practice. (also Angi needs to remember she has limited/no vision on her right side)

So she's light responsive, and willing to go, so Angi rides her on cows. Ext summer and my daughter will ride Delite/Mouse!