Sign in to follow this  
beginner82

Apple's Foal Watch

Wow its been a long time since I have been on the forum. Sooooo I decided to put up a foal watch. Seems its another Apple!

She was w/a stud from June-August, but judging on her size she was bred sometime in June...Im not sure if she is actually pregnant with a horse but possibly an elephant...not totally sure.

Figured I would start one now but knowing my luck it will be forever now....

I think we are a little ways off yet but...I am not sure if there is any more room at the inn...so I figured I would start.

gallery_19011_1707_68184.jpg

gallery_19011_1707_133045.jpg

gallery_19011_1707_107633.jpg

post-19011-0-47861400-1304993840_thumb.jpg

Edited by barrel_racer_wannabe

LOL At first I was like, "What happened to my subtitle?" :questionicon:

Nice mare! :)

Edited by Epona142

Yeah thank you I havent got used to the new forum so I am trying to figure it out and its a trial and error thing...havent figured out how to upload pictures lol

Huge belly, not long now but the udder say's otherwise unless she's the type to bag up the night before and surprise you. HFV

Huge belly, not long now but the udder say's otherwise unless she's the type to bag up the night before and surprise you. HFV

Yeah I am not expecting something until the first of the month so that would put her bag on track, this is not her first foal but first with us and I do not know "what she does." But it is not abnormal for our mares to look ginormous while pregnant...my mare Cheyenne, the mother of the deceased foal in my siggy was HUGE...HUGE...so was Annie...I thought they were pregnant with hippos...I cant wait though and when I get home tomorrow I will be sure to go out and check her progress.

5-12-2011

Did not get any pictures this evening, I was cowering due to bad weather...lol

I went out and checked her and her girl chute was more relaxed than it has been, especially around the bottom, it was kind of sitting open.

Her bag has changed some, it has become more full but not an incredible difference but noticeable. Her fluid is very very light yellow almost clear, very sticky. I will not be expecting a baby until sometime the first of june so I dont get my hopes up for something sooner, lol

Pics from last night

gallery_19011_1707_132264.jpg

Her bag has changed

gallery_19011_1707_196083.jpg

gallery_19011_1707_137585.jpg

gallery_19011_1707_216713.jpg

She wasnt pinning her ears at me..we had some company coming up behind me and she didnt like them...

gallery_19011_1707_130372.jpg

No resistance in the tail, very jello-like near her tail head...she doesnt mind me at all coming to her and messing with her...I spent about ten min taking the ticks off the inside of her legs..poor girl...I have not seen her yet this morning but will get more pics

Thank you...I cannot wait to see what she has, the daddy never ceases to surprise us.

I took some more pictures. Maybe I just see stuff but she does seem more v-d in the tummy and her bag has changed since last night...she is so big...I cant believe her hanging onto this until june but she just may do it.

5-14-2011

gallery_19011_1707_131397.jpg

gallery_19011_1707_265481.jpg

I think this is looking back to front, she wasnt standing still much for me to get a good bag pic

gallery_19011_1707_83067.jpg

gallery_19011_1707_152841.jpg

gallery_19011_1707_57600.jpg

gallery_19011_1707_141820.jpg

Wow lol your Apple looks quite a bit like our older mare Pet (who is an Appy/QH mare!) Freaky!

Anyway, congrats on the soon-to-be addition! She's looking great! Who is she bred to (color, breed, etc)? What color do you think this baby is going to be?

Oh a couple pics of Pet...she has more white spots and dapples now though...these pics are a few years old at least.

c50.jpg

horse48.jpg

ETA a newer pic

160.jpg

Edited by Confetti's Mom

Confetti's Mom,

Dont you love Appy's! They do look alike...your girl is that awesome varnish!

Well if the daddy stays to what he does, I can guarantee a star or a blaze, and some white socks...soooooo...what I am hoping for is a black with snowcap...right at this point I dont care...as long as its healthy!

Daddy is String of Lust out of Imaginate from Sheldak Ranch

Mama is out of Streakin Dandy Don and My Apple Annie

I am expecting MUCHO color out of this one...fingers crossed!

She does look like she has more of a V--eyes, fingers and toes crossed for a nice, healthy colored baby!! (((((((((HFV)))))))

This was from this morning. There was an obvious change in bag shape from this morning to this evening...I think it shrunk...so I dont think we are at the staying full in the evening yet

gallery_19011_1707_37368.jpg

These are from tonight...tomorrow is a full moon...not getting my hopes up lol. She is becoming more relaxed in the vulva but will squinch it up a bit when she knows Im back there...but it is much more relaxed. I think I have some time to be patient yet!! But I dont know what her "signs" are so...things still could happen who knows

gallery_19011_1707_116910.jpg

gallery_19011_1707_210759.jpg

gallery_19011_1707_62227.jpg

Bag from tonight

gallery_19011_1707_112579.jpg

It looks like they are pointing more straight down

Edited by barrel_racer_wannabe

5-17-2011

Pics from this AM

gallery_19011_1707_93352.jpg

gallery_19011_1707_98394.jpg

I think I am starting to bug her...she used to be fine with me snapping pictures but now she walks away from me...lol

I for sure see the v'ng going on.

I already regret selling my blanket app. He is black with a snow cap. He hasnt even left the barn yet, and I wish I could buy him back. Lol.

Edited by Eskielvr

Yeah there is def a v-ing in the belly and the bag seems to be filling in the morning then shrinking at night, not alot but...I did not go out tonight to check her out...its a full moon but I dont think we are there yet...a couple more weeks maybe...I hope so I dont think she can get much bigger lol

Well I went out last night and checked on her, her bag had definitely changed, much fuller and teats pointing down but not as full as I would have thought she was got so...I knew it was coming but was not expecting this morning!!!

Its a colt, huge, blaze, socks and a blanket!!! Pictures to come!!!

gallery_19011_1707_188035.jpg

I conveniently named him, Rapture...in relation to todays date.

He was born a day before my birthday what a nice birthday present!!!

Congrats on your colt. He sure got some color on him.

Thank you! Yes daddy never ceases to amaze...and to date he has never thrown a solid foal

Congrats! I love his blanketed butt and his socks.