Sign in to follow this  
SoCalDesertRider

My New Mare :) *updated 6/27* W/ Pics

Hey Everyone,

Here's my new mare. We went to the auction this morning, and bought a coming 3 year old registered palomino quarter horse filly.

We're taking her home in the morning :) Then she'll get a good bath and brushing and then some new pictures.

She's super sweet and quiet!

Tell me what you think. We are thinking Willow for now, but anyone have any name suggestions?

Oh and here is her pedigree. Anyone heard of the Mallory line? :confused0024:

http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/bunkins+hot+shot

003-1.jpg

006-1.jpg

008-2.jpg

001-2.jpg

:happy0203:

Edited by SoCalDesertRider

Under the mud and dirt she is really nice! I like the looks of her personally, line wise from what I can see, being a palomino is a bonus.

Can't wait to see what she looks like all cleaned up!

Good luck to you and, Yay! :happy0203:

Pumpkin Mallory is foundation lines, interesting in the lack of TB back there but not exciting. What is more notable is Music Mount, Zan Parr Bar and Blondys Dude....these are all well known names with pretty good show records. I had a Music Mount granddaughter years ago that had a lovely head and neck and a rear like an Irish washerwoman....everyone told me the MM's were broncs but she taught both my kids to ride and raised a whole herd of foals that were also sweet and kind...and looked a lot like her. Zan Parr Bar was the founding stallion for Carol Rose's breeding program so you won't go bad with him close up either. And Blondy's Dude....another great old horse that sired something like 30 AQHA Chs and one Supreme Ch.

She'll clean up nicely and fill in and muscle up and should be a really nice horse.

Great find! She will be a beaut all cleaned up, as she's plumb purty dirty!! :rotf:

Gotta say DITTO to Gray...

Any new pics??

Ahhhh! SO SORRY GUYS! Here are some new pics of Miss Willow. This filly is absolutely incredible. She has picked everything up so quick its crazy. She was w/t/c on the lounge line by voice cues in 15 minutes. They had started round penning her before they sent her through auction.

From what they said they'd give her a couple days off and go to work her again and would have to start from square one again. She gave the impression she didn't know anything. I've yet to see this problem at all and I've given her a couple days off between several consecutive days of work. It takes her a couple minutes to remember but within a bout 5 minutes maybe less she's like "Oh alright... I remember that!" and we're back on track.

She's stubborn as all heck when she doesn't wanna do something, but as long as I hang on and don't give in she's gives it a shot. She flexes amazingly and ridiculously light both directions. Pivots both directions with minimal efforts. Trots in hand. A bit spooky at times but she's coming along fabulously!

Alright enough bragging and i will post pictures in a minute. :D And some of the pictures her hooves are still long. They were trimmed yesterday and I haven't got too many new pics since.

Ahhhh! SO SORRY GUYS! Here are some new pics of Miss Willow. This filly many new pics since.

LOL, I have had some music mount horses...they all had small soft hooves- prone to bruising, and loved to kick out in the rear...not really a buck..more like an acrobat standing straight up and down..enough to land me on thier noses. I enjoyed owning them and they were all lovely looking mounts! Your mare is lovely! How much did you get her for if I dare ask??

Norcal: Its not you! Photobucket is being super stupid and its taken me almost 4 hours to get TWO pictures loaded. So I will post a teaser... till I can get more loaded.

Buck: She does have small hooves. Had the farrier out yesterday and he didn't say anything about them being soft. But we'll see, as we start to work more. She hasn't bucked at all... for anything. Now she has reared a couple times when I was standing across the water ditch and trying to get her to come across.. and she wasn't exactly sure how to cross it. But we dealt with that and haven't had much of an issue since. I'm super excited to start her. She's going to make one heck of a nice horse. She's not going to be a horse you can get on and not pay attention. She's quick and catty and super light on her feet. She's going to dump someone hard and fast by moving right out from under them when they aren't paying attention.

Anyways here's one of the two I was able to upload. She's was still a little wet after her bath. Oh did I mention. She ties like a dream too!?

Missoulawillow067.jpg

Wow!!! 30 bucks?? COOL! She's gorgeous and I think the name Willow completely suits her! MORE PICS!!!!!!!

Hello to you~!!!

Hope all is well in Montana....You got a beautiful mare there...And I love the name Willow....I hope you have many wonderful years ahead with her...

Aww Hi Pam! Good to hear from you! I am loving it here! I miss some things about home, but ah it's way better here. Allie's happy, I'm happy, the other animals are happy. Its going great. :huggy:

Alright guys. Here's a couple more pictures of her. :) I'll try to post more tomorrow. They just take so dang long to upload.

Missoulawillow078.jpg

Missoulawillow104.jpg

Missoulawillow048.jpg

^^ That was taken before her bath, when we first got home. :)

Had the farrier out yesterday and he didn't say anything about them being soft.

Sexy Salty... she has post that, haha

Such an amazing mare. I LOVe her to death. A replica of my gelding I sold back a while go.

Very pretty mare. Twice as nice at that price!!!

Anyways here's one of the two I was able to upload. She's was still a little wet after her bath. Oh did I mention. She ties like a dream too!?

Missoulawillow067.jpg

Just beautiful. I want a paly. LOL One day when I can get a horse.

Pics, keep them coming, I never tire of pics.

Have a Happy 4th.

Edited by horses forever