Sign in to follow this  
trailhoss2

Pictures Of Horses/dogs

Hey everyone! It's been awhile since I've really posted much on HC....especially pictures. I've been on more in the past couple days than I have all year. Anyway, I took some pictures of the horses this morning and thought I'd share. I think since I've been on HC, I've sold Buckles (dun gelding) and I've got Dolly (palomino mare) loaned out to a friend. I gave Olena away to a close friend so no pics of any of them. Katie is at a friend's house getting some riding on her so no pics of her either but here's the rest!

This is G (bay mare)

G.jpg

Another of G.

Gmare.jpg

G and Cowgirl.

GnCowgirl.jpg

Cowgirl and Shawnee

cowgirlnShawnee.jpg

Edited by trailhoss2

Another of G and Cowgirl..

CowgirlnG.jpg

Shawnee

Shawneemare.jpg

Sierra (aka..Smarty or Smarty Pants)

SmartynG.jpg

another of Smarty...

Smarty.jpg

will post a couple more...

This is Rowdy... He is 6 months old now. I got him when I lost my white collie Candy, who some of you may remember.

Rowdy.jpg

This is Lil Bit. My daughter brought him home, he's about 7 months old...

LilBit.jpg

I just realized I don't have pics of Littlefoot.. the pony. I'll look and see if I took any.. thought I did.

...that's all for now. :smileywavey:

Awww! Adorable pony's and puppy's!

Do you have any pics of your white collie? :angel3:

My sister had a collie once, he was a super nice dog.

Mehpenn....I do have pictures of my white collie. Her name was Candy. This is a pic of her several years ago when the kids were young...

kids22005.jpg

This is her about 2 years ago... She was a great trail buddy!

HighKnoba147.jpg

and another...

HighKnoba258.jpg

one more...

HighKnoba238.jpg

(she is wearing another dog's collar in this pic... we had misplaced hers)

I have lots but won't post them all. She was a good dog. I just like collies. I've owned five of them. I got my first one given to me by my grandmother when I was just a little girl. I've had a collie ever since. They're wonderful companions.

Edited by trailhoss2

horsecrazy... thank you. We bought Smarty when she was about 9-10 months old. She was my daughter's 16th birthday present....

megnfilly7.jpg

She's now almost 6 years old and good trail horse...this pic was taken year before last (she was 4... my daughter was 19 in this pic)

9day2009Z5.jpg

(edited to correct Smarty's age. I had put that she was 5.. she's 6... time flies!)

Edited by trailhoss2

Great pics. I want to steal little bit :wub: . I love me some long and short dogs!! Too Cute.

Ardent...wish you lived closer. I've been trying to find him a good home. My daughter brought him home a few months ago to save him from going to the pound. I like him a lot. He's sweet as can be but I'm having a time keeping him from going off the farm. He wants to go visit the neighbors across the field. I have to tie him or pen him up when I'm not out there with him or at night. I had him running loose full time the last 3 days/nights and he stayed but then this morning he decided to go for a visit again. I just hate having to tie or pen a dog up. We have enough land here for them to run free...fields, woods, pond, creeks... I lived here since 1992 and never had a dog that roamed until this one. He doesn't go all the time and he always comes home... I don't have a fenced yard and that's what he needs. I'm pretty attached to him so I may have to fence in the back yard for him :rolleye0014: (not something I really want to have to do)

Edited by trailhoss2

Trailhoss,

You have some good confirmationed & colorfull horses, & they are always easy on the eyes to look, nice looking dogs also. Great scenery in the background. Thanks for sharing. Best Wishes. PD

Hi, I didn't get to read all the posts, but I loved the pics. The mare G, reminds me of my mare I had put down 2 years ago. She has the same conformation and facial expression. My mare was in her 30's. She was super super sweet. I also had a dun that I sold.

Pretty ponies! When I was growing up we had a collie, it never wanted to stay home! drove my parents nuts.

I like all the ponies! sierra has a beautiful color to her coat!

Trailhoss,

You have some good confirmationed & colorfull horses, & they are always easy on the eyes to look, nice looking dogs also. Great scenery in the background. Thanks for sharing. Best Wishes. PD

Hello PD!!!

It's been awhile since we've spoke. Glad to see you're still here. I just hadn't been on HC much. Too busy with other things. I've actually been home all week this week so had a little extra time. I'm glad you posted here so i could say "Hi" :smileywavey:

Thanks for all the compliments on my hores and dogs too!

Hi, I didn't get to read all the posts, but I loved the pics. The mare G, reminds me of my mare I had put down 2 years ago. She has the same conformation and facial expression. My mare was in her 30's. She was super super sweet. I also had a dun that I sold.

Pretty ponies! When I was growing up we had a collie, it never wanted to stay home! drove my parents nuts.

I like all the ponies! sierra has a beautiful color to her coat!

aaww.. so sorry about your mare. G is sweet too. She needs some more wet blankets to be the horse she can be but she has a very sweet and willing attitude.

I've never had any problems with my collies roaming. This Basset Hound wants to go visit the neighbors every once in awhile... it drives me crazy!

Hello PD!!!

It's been awhile since we've spoke. Glad to see you're still here. I just hadn't been on HC much. Too busy with other things. I've actually been home all week this week so had a little extra time. I'm glad you posted here so i could say "Hi" :smileywavey:

Thanks for all the compliments on my hores and dogs too!

Trailhoss,

Always good to see you posting on here, great that you had some time to spend at home, where you were not as rushed. But I remember being your age, & balancing work, & family responsibilities, & trying to make tiime to ride. I'll be looking forward to seeing more pictures of your rides later this fall. Best Wishes. PD

Trailhoss,

Always good to see you posting on here, great that you had some time to spend at home, where you were not as rushed. But I remember being your age, & balancing work, & family responsibilities, & trying to make tiime to ride. I'll be looking forward to seeing more pictures of your rides later this fall. Best Wishes. PD

Yes PD, trying to juggle too many things at once makes things hectic for sure. I had opened the store in town in 2007 and was going back to school full time. That's besides having the dachshunds/kennel and helping at our church and just every day life. I've managed to simplify things this year though. I placed my Dachshunds into new homes and I layed school aside. I'm too old to be wasting my time in school! Ha Ha. I still have the store and usually work it a couple times a week (that's what I'm doing today.. working the store).

Even though I haven't done a lot of riding lately, I still do go some. I'll try and remember to take the camera with me!

How's things been with you? Do you get to ride much these days?

I am kinda in love with Shawnee and Smarty... I love Paints.. They are all nice looking horses..

Thank you Eskie! Shawnee is my personal riding horse.. had her since she was a baby. She's 6 now.

I've always loved looking at your pictures. You have some nice horses! Thanks for sharing. :D

Hello to you Myoldhorse! Good to see you on here too. I hadn't been on HC in awhile, makes you wonder who's still around. Glad to see you!

...and Thank you! Glad you enjoyed the pics!

It's about time you posted some pics. I was thinking of you just the other day, thinking I hadn't seen you post in a long time. Good to see you back. huggy.gif I always LOVE looking at your pictures. I missed seeing all your doggie pics.

It's about time you posted some pics. I was thinking of you just the other day, thinking I hadn't seen you post in a long time. Good to see you back. huggy.gif I always LOVE looking at your pictures. I missed seeing all your doggie pics.

Hey Mudder! Yes it is been awhile! I knew you had to still be around , it wouldn't be HC without you! :happy0203:

Did you know I placed my weiner dogs into new homes? I did. I just didn't feel like I had the time to give them like they need. I only had 8 dogs so it was easy to find them good homes. I kept one red smooth female, Riley is her name. She's spayed so no more puppies for us. I loved my little dachshunds and it was hard decision to make but they have good homes. Two of the new homes will be continuing with the breeding and showing. My lines are doing well in the show ring! They're winning! Yay! Makes me feel good that I bred lines to be proud of! It took me 16 years to build those lines... I'm happy that they'll be continued. It's nice to hear you say that you enjoyed all the doggie pictures I used to post.. They were a joy to me also. A lot of work, but a joy.

What about you? What have you been up to? You still drive the bus? You still have the Brut?

Edited by trailhoss2

NO!! shocked.giftwitch.gif No more wiener dog pics? mecry.gif Oh I LOVED your doggies so much too!! Ahh but I understand. huggy.gif I don't imagine it was easy.

I'm still here. Not as much as I used to be, but, I'm here. Still driving school bus, still in school in fact, for two more days next week. blink.gif Just been real busy. Lots of family issues (elderly) going on, that need a lot of attention. Work work work.

I had to put Brute down last August. He'd broken a shoulder (bear in his pasture), and it didn't heal right. I managed his pain for 4 yrs, and it was just time to go he said. I bought another horse, had him trained last winter while I went thru knee surgery and recovery. This spring I took some riding lessons with the trainer. Used a lesson horse, then on my new boy. I dropped my camera on her cement barn floor, so still haven't gotten a card reader to get my pictures off it. I will this week tho. He's a pretty blonde boy, with some good breeding behind him. I think you'll like him a lot.

Oh Mudder, how sad about the Brut :mecry: That must have been a terrible hard decision to have to make. I'm so sorry to hear that.

What's the new horse's name? Is he Quarter Horse? I can't wait to see pictures!

Wow! you all are in school for a long time up there. Our schools let out at the end of May.

Nope.. no more weiner dogs..other than my fat girl Riley.

Is Tuck still around here? What about Kim (TxPalominoKim) Is that what her user name was? I just always called her Kim. ...and(Shannon) Shann1Turner?

Oh Mudder, how sad about the Brut :mecry: That must have been a terrible hard decision to have to make. I'm so sorry to hear that.

What's the new horse's name? Is he Quarter Horse? I can't wait to see pictures!

Wow! you all are in school for a long time up there. Our schools let out at the end of May.

Nope.. no more weiner dogs..other than my fat girl Riley.

Is Tuck still around here? What about Kim (TxPalominoKim) Is that what her user name was? I just always called her Kim. ...and(Shannon) Shann1Turner?

Tuck is still around and so is Kim. Shann has a lot of family issues going on, but, still pops in from time to time. I see her on fb more than the forums tho. If you are on fb pm me and we'll hook up so to speak. You can get in touch with Shann there for sure.

Yes, Sunny (not a fan of that name) is a registered QH. Here's a link to his pedigree.

http://www.allbreedp...nchys+bee+haven

And you are in luck. The trainer/owner I bought him from sent me some pics, that were taken just before I brought him home. I had no idea she took these.

0260.jpg

Hey trailhoss!! Your horses and dogs look great!I remember when you first got Smarty for your daughter! Time does fly...

Glad to hear from you! :)

Tuck is still around and so is Kim. Shann has a lot of family issues going on, but, still pops in from time to time. I see her on fb more than the forums tho. If you are on fb pm me and we'll hook up so to speak. You can get in touch with Shann there for sure.

Yes, Sunny (not a fan of that name) is a registered QH. Here's a link to his pedigree.

http://www.allbreedp...nchys+bee+haven

And you are in luck. The trainer/owner I bought him from sent me some pics, that were taken just before I brought him home. I had no idea she took these.

0260.jpg

You are right!!! I like him lots!!! He's a pretty boy! If you get tired of him, send him down here...he'd look good in my pasture! :happy0203:

I'll PM you. I'm on FB a frw times a week.

Hey trailhoss!! Your horses and dogs look great!I remember when you first got Smarty for your daughter! Time does fly...

Glad to hear from you! :)

Hey Rowdee!!!!! :smileywavey: Good to see you again! Yes time does fly! Seems like the years go by as fast as ever. What have you been up to?

Hmmm really? Would explain why I never get any, ha ha. Not sure what's up with that, I'll have to check it out.