Sign in to follow this  
Madcow

Oh Nostalgia

[[sorry this took so long! I moved back to school, start of the year madness, blah blah blah.]]

Colette watched him carefully, her eyes holding onto his, though the desperately desired to slip down and watch his fingers work the buttons loose. They couldn't resist sliding over his carefully toned body, a small, silent gasp echoing through her mind. He was so picturesque. She was fairly certain she could stare at him all day. She barely saw the wink, too stunned by the boldness of his frame to focus on anything else. Above all, she was mainly struck with an intense, burning desire to simply touch him, to trace the contours of her muscles. Colette flushed slightly at her thoughts, forcing a laugh at his words as she tried to not let him in on her secret.

She stood, hands on her smooth, rounded hips as she glanced across the water at him, much more in control of herself at only the sight of his shoulders. "An invitation!" she called out to him, with a smile. Colette slipped out of her shoes and socks before jumping straight into the water with a slight yelp. She was glad that she had worn shorts that day, knowing a skirt was miserable for swimming. The water was cool and refreshing, exactly how she had expected it to be.

Her body moved with ease through the water until she was in front of him, her legs treading to keep her afloat. A small, wicked small had carved its way into her features as she met his eyes. "You know," she murmured silkily, her hands eagerly reaching out to rest on his shoulders as she pulled her body closer to his, "There's something I've wanted to do all day." As she spoke, her face inched closer to his, knowing she had no leverage unless he was relaxed or distracted. Her lips didn't quite touch his, hardly breathing against their softness, before she pushed her palms flat down against his shoulders in an attempt to dunk him under the water. Colette kicked back with a bubble of a laugh, swimming backwards away from him so that she could watch his reaction.

[[No problem! I don't move in until the 22nd, so I'm not very busy yet. Haha.]]

Roman smirked as he watched her stand, hands on her hips, enjoying the sight of her. Her words make him laugh, enjoying her humor. He tread easily, watching as she removed her socks and shoes before taking the plunge. The cute yelp the escaped her lips made his smile widen. He was glad she knew how to swim because not a lot of girls he knew could. Now he knew they could spend their free time around the river or ocean without any worries.

As she saw closer to him, his heart beat faster, just the mere proximity of their bodies exciting him. The smile of her lips looked deceiving, he could tell it wasn't a normal smile, but her hands on his shoulders erased any pondering thoughts. He wanted to grab her and pull her into him, kiss her with a fierce passion, but he knew it wouldn't be easy staying afloat while achieving that. So he listened to her teasing words, smiling back with anticipation. Her lips were so close to his, he could feel her breath on his face, but suddenly he was under water, sinking for a fleeting moment before he pushed back up above the surface. He was slightly disheveled, water had gone up his nose and stung, but mostly he just laughed, catching on to her sneak trick.

"I see how it is," he quipped, smirking back at her, watching her triumphant expression as she tread a few feet from him. He pushed himself back under, going five feet deep and holding his breath, swimming with a the stealth he could muster. He opened his eyes, seeing her bare feet treading through the somewhat murky water, swimming towards them. After a few second of pausing, hoping to build some sort of suspense, he reached out, grabbing her feet as if he were some sort of lake monster, hoping her scare her. He let go after a second, moving around to her backside, waiting again for a few seconds before swimming up and grabbing her small waist with his hands, finally popping up above the surface, holding her tightly in his grasp. "Got you!" he hollered at he surfaced, hoping for a startled response.

[Oh my word! That's so late haha]

Colette laughed with him, but her expression became quizzical at his words as he went under the water. She had expected him to come up behind her only a moment later, but he seemed to be gone for an eternity. She was astounded that he could hold his breath for so long. Anxiety began to creep in the back of her mind, wondering wildly if there was somehow he could have gotten caught on something on the floor of the river. Before she could overreact too much, a large hand gripped on her ankle. She jumped in surprise, recognizing his touch instantly, but not having expected it, her heart was hammering in her chest.

His words made her shake her head, wriggling slightly in his tight grasp, though escaping from it was probably the last thing she wanted to do. She managed to turn around in his hold, their feet and legs tangling slightly as they attempted to stay afloat. Her expression was caught somewhere between amused and upset as she tried to feign anger at his trick. "That was just mean!" she exclaimed, her hands pushing against his chest. Colette was unable to keep up the facade for long, especially in this proximity, touching his skin that managed to be warm even in the cool water. She met his gaze, her eyes dark with need as the searched his.

Roman laughed lightly at her wiggling, his head bobbing just above the surface. Their nearly entangled bodies were difficult to keep afloat but Roman enjoyed every second of holding her in his grasp. He smiled with satisfaction at her once she was facing him, proud of his successful attempt at startling her. She obviously seemed somewhat bothered by it, but he could tell it wasn't anything serious by the way she half smiled as she spoke her accusing words. He drifted a few inches away at her push, his hands releasing her from his grip.

"Mean?" he exclaimed, as if baffled by the thought, a smirk still tracing his lips. The way she looked at him, their gaze held so strongly, his desire for her in the moment increased infinitely, watching her warm brown eyes. "I'm just so mean, aren't I?" he joked, softly, like the moment had suddenly been dialed down, everything seemed more acute to his senses, her motions, the river, their connected gaze.

[[i am beyond apologetic/embarrassed about how long this has taken me. This semester was ridiculous, between the horses and school. Anyway, I'm going to go ahead and post...and ff a touch]]

Colette pulled herself carefully out of the lake, laughter still dancing on her features as she collapsed onto the soft, grassy bank. Her clothes stuck to her smooth skin in a slightly inappropriate fashion, but she could care less. There was something so freeing about being around Roman that it was nearly impossible for her to feel the need to be as proper or as careful as she normally might. Her arms slipped over her head and she stretched out completely, letting the sun rush over her. Her eyes fluttered close for a moment, falling back into memories of her childhood; playing in the park with her governess or spending time at the beach with her grandmother.

After the barest of seconds, slightly propped herself up so that she could find Roman. She already longed for him to be close again, at least close enough for her to look at him and have a conversation with him. They'd spent the last fort or so minutes splashing around in the water, sharing moments that were closer and closer to a kiss but never actually crossing that line. Colette wasn't sure about how it was possible for her to feel the way she felt about this man that she still hardly knew, but here she was, aching for his closeness and his soothing, familiar voice.

"What's your favorite color?" she asked softly once he was within hearing distance.

[[No worries, I was surprised to see you even came back to post! I've been terribly busy too!]]

Grabbing the rope attached to the small rowboat, Roman swam it towards the shore where Colette was waiting. He wouldn't have minded just leaving it, but it would only be more of a bother having to get back in the water later. He pulled the boat up onto the bank, the majority of it out of the water so it couldn't get swept back in. The warm sun on his bare chest felt wonderful and he turned to catch the sight of Colette waiting for him up higher on the bank. He smiled at the sight, completely content with the moment. He was completely infatuated with this girl. She meant so much to him already, after only a few days of her being in his life.

Roman grabbed his shirt out of the boat and headed up toward Colette, holding a smile on his lips that just wouldn't leave. He heard her question as he walked to her, only considering his answer for a brief moment. He waited to answer, seating himself in the soft grass next to her, leaning back on his palms so the sun could dry him off. "Blue," he replied, looking down at her with a smile. "Yours?"

Colette tried to get used to the hum that pulsed through her every time Roman got near her. She wasn't sure she ever would, or that she wanted that. His skin was multiple shades darker than her own, fair complexion but she knew by the end of the summer she would be darker. As he joined her, she lowered back onto the soft, vibrantly green grass. Her fingers stretching out beside her, the tips of one hand casually brushing against his wrist. She was uncertain as to what propriety would say about this date, but at that point, she couldn't care less.

Her eyes shut after lazily watching a cloud drift by, letting herself soak up the summer sun and Roman's added body heat. She nodded at his answer, blue suited him, it was strong and could stand alone, but at the same time could mix easily with both colors. "Yellow," she replied, a slight smile slipping onto her features at the mere mention of the word, "Except for sunflowers, I prefer a buttery shade. Something soft, but cheerful and bright nonetheless. Fondest memory?"