Sign in to follow this  
desputedwestern

Who's Expecting For 2012?

Just curious who will be join me on foal watch 2012. As long as Val caught on her breeding last week and Mini didn't loose her foal (She had twins and we had to pinch one, when we rechecked the vet couldn't find it but she still had good tone so back to teasing every single day) we will have 5 next year. All of course by Royal.

Who else is gonna be a grandma/pa next spring?

Well i sure will be!!!!!!!

i got moxie... in foal to Hezgottabefamous a son of the great Dash ta Fame... i am super excited for this foal.. she is due June 1 2012

and as of right now i only got one mini in foal :mecry::mecry: as of right now only cheyenne is pregnant and she is due April 22 2012... i have given pepsi a shot as she had a huge follicle when we where preg checking her so she should be in heat thursday so hopefully she catches.... Bella appears to have some cysts all of a sudden which she didnt have last year, but one looked like it might be a pregnancy but we are thinking not... so i am only counting on one next year which really sucks cause i was hoping for 4 !!!

Well, I will have one next year. Spiffy will be due late May/early June. I bred her to Drifter. I would've had two foals from him next year, but her breeding has been held off until next year due to bad 'mare timing' and other complications (transport to here). At least I'll have one foal on the ground to show other possible mare owners what he can throw.

My appy Annie (HH Skeets Beauty) is bred to Princewapitired. She is due first of April. She is also a maiden as she didn't stick last year. I will however be ultrasounding her again the end of Aug to make sure she held through first trimester.

So one for me!

Ours are all due May/June. I don't want to foal watch in the snow and cold again so we breed for later foals this year. I hate the cold and so do the horses.

Well depending on if my mares stuck i should have 2 due next year around this time next year. If not i will try and breed them next year. i havent seen either one of them come in heat this month yet so we shall see. if they dont stick its not a big year ill try again next year.

Well I was going to have a 2012 foal but Faith (Artificial Investment mare) re-absorbed so we will be re-breeding her to Lark's OneForTheMoney next year for a 2013 baby.

My mare Arrow Sophia is back in foal to my stallion Smokes Ace for a Feb 2012 baby. I am hoping for a filly this time. After this time I will not breed her back next year as I miss my riding mare and want to start riding her again but I REALLY want a filly out of these two for myself. Their 2011 foal Cowboy is all I could ever wish for for a horse for me but he has the wrong plumbing.

I have 2 mares that will foal in 2012. My thoroughbred mare Miss Comstock and my b/s paint/qh mare, Fancy. I havent opened breeding yet to my stallion so I can see what he will throw. When I purchased him, the previous owner indicated that he had thrown all colored foals but he was tested heterozygous. I'm very anxious to be a new "grandma". This is my first time breeding either one of my mares. The TB mare I'm unsure if she's been bred before but I doubt it as she had minimal winnings on the track as a 2yo. She's now 11 and my paint/qh mare, shes a maiden mare. Any advice for me since I'm a first time breeder ? My paint stud is very calm and lazy, it's hard to tell he's a stud unless you look under him. LOL I hope the foals get his disposition. He's a black and white tobiano and his bloodlines are Sunny Dee Bar, Eternal Sun, Eternal Dee Bar, Two Eyed Jack & Go Man Go.post-58400-0-58393800-1314828532_thumb.jpg

post-58400-0-17560700-1314828603_thumb.jpg

post-58400-0-91063000-1314828631_thumb.jpg

Should have three (possibly four if I buy another mare in foal). All are mares that I purchased in foal. Didn't breed the mares already here as I wanted to use my new young HZ tobi stallion and want fairly early babies. Won't be using him until next spring and will likely breed about half of my mares each year (unless they are older ones that should be kept in foal to keep producing).

First mare is a big stout chestnut tobiano mare,a granddaughter of Delta O'Lena (Smokin Jose and Gay Bar King on bottom of sire) out of a Mr Gunsmoke bred mare. She's in foal to a perlino tobiano RisKey Business bred stallion for a paly or buckskin tobi foal. Has black tobiano filly at side by bay tobiano son of Docs Hickory out of a daughter of Demanding Domino (paternal half sib to QT Poco Streke).

Second mare is a liver chestnut tobiano daughter of Docs Malbec (Doc Bar son, Snaffle Bit world ch) and is in foal to a HERDA n/n son of Color Me Smart. Has bay tobiano colt at her side by grullo tobiano son of RisKey Business...possibly HZ tobi.

Third is a solid Paint mare, daughter of 8 time world ch Strait From Texas, out of a daughter of Boon Bar (Doc Bar son, maternal grandsire of Peptoboonsmal)..in foal to $ earning son of Lenas Sugarman (Doc O'Lena x daughter of Docs Sug, NRHA/NCHA $ earner, 2 x USET Gold medalist) out of Smart Chic O'Lena daughter (with Docs Hickory and Docs Oak on her bottom side). Repeat breeding...currently has solid chestnut filly at side by the same stallion and she's really an awesome little thing.

Cannot wait for these foals!!

I don't have any horses due next spring, but should have 7-9 goats due. Right now I have 3 does bred, with 4 more to go. Waiting for them to come in heat, 3 of them will be AI'ed and the other will be natural. I haven't decided yet if I will breed any of my young does, depends on how big they get by November.

My first doe is a full Nubian named Cinnabar bred to my Nubian buck that I recently sold, she is due January 17th. She had twins last spring for her first time, hoping for twins again... and spots!

Second doe is also a full Nubian named Fervent bred to my Nubian buck that I still have, she is due January 21st. She had twins the last two years, she is spotted so hoping for some spots from her too.

Third doe bred is a French Alpine named Texanna she is bred to my Nubian buck, was going to AI her but decided that since first time does don't take well to AI I would just breed her naturally for some lovely Nupines. She is due February 16th.

All the does I have left to breed are Alpines, three have kidded before and one has not. I will have 2 first fresheners next year for sure. Might breed my two young Alpines in November, but they need to gain about 30 lbs before I do that.

One or two of my AI does might be in heat today. I am waiting for the rain to stop to see if they wander over to visit my buck.

Very excited to be trying out AI for the first time with the goaties.

Edited by Prairie Trail

coloredcowhorse, I will be waiting to see what you get out of the first mare you listed. I am partial to Mr Gunsmoke breeding as my stallion is a grandson of him.

I have two other mares with lines to Gunsmoke....one is a HZ tobiano filly, paternal granddaughter of Smart Little Pistol. Her maternal great granddam was one I bred 17-18 years back...sired by red dun tobiano Doc Doll grandson (out of #1 cutting pt Paint mare in the country at the time) and out of a Gunsmoke daughter whose dam was by King Fritz. Kinda fun to see several generations down the line. She'll be bred to the Delta O'Lena double bred for a chestnut HZ tobi (he's HZ and liver chestnut so gender is the only unknown). The other is a little foundation QH mare, buttermilk buckskin. I had her dam for several years (in fact lost her two winters ago)....she was sired by Smokem Dry...a son of Dry Doc out of a mare named Smoky Co...she was actually a half sibling to both the sire and dam of Mr Gunsmoke....by Leos Question (who sired Rondo Leo) and out of Miss Gunsmoke (who produced Kansas Cindy)...I about fell over when I saw those papers!! If she's still here next spring she too will be bred to the HZ colt for black/smokey black/bay/buckskin/chestnut or paly tobiano. Love that there are so many possible options there!

now that my 2011 foals have sold I'm looking forward to 2012, only 2 for next year, my solid paint mare is due January

319099_10150879251135192_512275191_21811034_2128942503_n.jpg

and my other overo paint is due late April, both bred to my Stallion Coosas Calico Kid.

316541_10150894072875192_512275191_21909672_2027387687_n.jpg

both of these are bred to my stallion in my signature below

Edit/Update, have a broodmare in foal arriving Thursday, Registered QH, bred to QH due April/May, will breed her back to my stud after she foals. http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/dox+best+punkin

308882_177536782332544_100002286710297_377473_1205543356_n.jpg

and also just got in another QH mare retired from showing as a future broodmare

Edited by syl

I have one due April 2012. I bought the mares 2011 foal and then she was offered to me so i took her. She is bred back to the same stallion, Forest Hancock. THe mare's name is Turps Hard Luck Lucy. Both her and the stallion are on allbreed. I know the mare does not have a great set of papers, but her full sisters are 19 second pole horses and have won/placed at congress, world show, NAILE, Fort Worth, and Dixie Nationals. and her half sisters do the same. Here is a picture of her 2011 foal i bought, he is 4 months old in the picture.

Redlea-BeausRedHeadedStepChild.png

Edited by LLBperformancehorses

I am super excited to finally have a foal coming again, for the first time in 4 years! Annie (Skits Princess Anne) is in foal to Bet Hesa Cat, due March 18th. Annie is my all time favorite mare, fun to ride, ultra cowy, athletic and smooth. She has a huge heart -I started riding her again this summer after an injury in March of 2010 that required multiple surgeries and according to my vets, most horses would not have survived, and after a slow start, she has come back sound! On the other side of the equation, Bet Hesa Cat is by NCHA all-time leading sire Highbrow Cat, and out of NCHA hall of famer Bet Yer Blue Boons (Freckles Playboy * Royal Blue Boon). He has so far earned over $196K in NCHA competition, and as the season draws to a close (two weeks from tomorrow) is leading the NCHA Open World Finals with over a $30K lead on his nearest competitor. Needless to say, I am nearly breathless with anticipation. Also really hoping she has a filly -his stud fee has doubled since last year, and I can't afford to try again! Hoping to be tearing up the cutting pen on this baby in 4-5 years time.

Annie and I riding on the beach in September. This was the week her ribs sprung out -I had ridden her several times the week before very comfortable, and then on this beach ride, all of a sudden it felt like I was riding a whale!

6316631569_17b7089109.jpg

AnnieBrynafront9-14-11 by BrynaCyrene, on Flickr

Before a ride out from our new house, about a month ago.

6316628725_02afd69720.jpg

Sept 2011 +Canyon Ride 10-2-11 205 by BrynaCyrene, on Flickr

The same ride,going through the Crooked River Canyon in Smith Rock State Park.

6317150016_dd4b1d0fba.jpg

Sept 2011 +Canyon Ride 10-2-11 233 by BrynaCyrene, on Flickr

Her other job.

6317152340_ccf7498834.jpg

AnnieHileyLandencute8-16-11 by BrynaCyrene, on Flickr

6317153184_0071116a1c.jpg

AnnieHyliebareback8-8-11 by BrynaCyrene, on Flickr

Question: can't veterinarians screen sperm for gender, then artifically inseminate the sperm with the gender you want? I'm not sure how much of an extra cost it would be, but may be worth it for a high quality horse.

I know they do that with cattle. Not sure about horses though, but it could probably be done. IMO it would take the fun out of guessing what your mare will have. :winking:

Bryna- I was scrolling through this post quickly, got to your last pic and went "that's Annie!!" and rolled back up to read what you wrote! How very very exciting to have a baby on the way... She is such a phenomenal mare and I can only imagine how excited you are :happy0203:

The same ride,going through the Crooked River Canyon in Smith Rock State Park.

Know that ride!! Used to live about a mile from the Park and rode my horses down the switchbacks to the river all the time. Great riding area!!

Question: can't veterinarians screen sperm for gender, then artifically inseminate the sperm with the gender you want? I'm not sure how much of an extra cost it would be, but may be worth it for a high quality horse.

Apparently the procedure doesn't work as well with horses as it does with cattle.

Looks like only two foals coming this spring.....lost my Paint daughter of Docs Malbec (in foal to herda negative son of Color Me Smart) in freak situation several weeks ago....she and the rest of the mare herd were loping down the pasture fenceline to meet me (dinner time, truck loaded with hay) when she just crashed to the ground. Vet says ruptured aortic aneurysm and not a thing that could be done. Just bought her this last spring and got her here in July....really excited about her (she was only 10) and the foal (possible hz tobi).

So....the Strait From Texas daughter out of the Boon Bar daughter and in foal to Lenas Sugarman son out of Smart Chic Olena daughter is one.

And the other is Dixis Smoken Pistol (Dixies Delta Rio....by Delta O'Lena out of Smokin Jose daughter.....x Smokes Pistol, granddaughter of Mr Gunsmoke)...in foal to perlino tobiano BBR BooKoo Rysk (Risky Man..NCHA/NRCHA $, son of RisKey Business, out ofDandy Miss Mira...to Crimson Sassy Doc).

Edited by coloredcowhorse

Bryna- I was scrolling through this post quickly, got to your last pic and went "that's Annie!!" and rolled back up to read what you wrote! How very very exciting to have a baby on the way... She is such a phenomenal mare and I can only imagine how excited you are :happy0203:

Thanks Shawnee! I am all in a tizzy, lol. Here is a video of Bet Hesa Cat from the world finals:

Look at the moves on that horse! Not only can I not wait until my baby is born, I can't wait until I am cutting on it!

Know that ride!! Used to live about a mile from the Park and rode my horses down the switchbacks to the river all the time. Great riding area!!

Yeah? Where did you live? We are on 31st, just before it goes over the hill into Smith Rock Loop. I adore the park. Just wish there was a horse bridge in the park, we forded the river a couple times in September when we first moved here, but I am way too chicken to attempt it now. I really want to be able to ride out into the grasslands.

Sorry to hear that you lost your mare. That must have been shocking and tragic in such a young horse, and it sounds like she was a nice mare. It does sound like you have some nice babies coming though!

Edited by Bryna

Just thought id update mine !!!! I post before but there's been some changes !!!

So I have Cheyenne -my mini mate in foal for April!!! She is actually my only mini in foal this year :(

Moxie - my bs paint mare in for to Hezgottabefamous a son of the great Dash Ta Fame out of a rocket wrangler daughter ..... Its gonna be a cheatnut but im hoping its got lotsa chrome! Fame always puts big bold blazes on his babies so fingers crossed .... Shes due for may 2012

And I just purchased a mare named Skippy - she's a brown qh mare sired by Pepinics Master out of a skip hop de doc mare ! She's bred to a northern dancer kilo bar dun stallion .. She's had 2 foals from this stud before both where huge pretty dun colts so I'm hoping for a dun colt !!!

That's all I got this year!!!

Guest melodie-jane

I have my paint bay tobaino 7 year old mare sweetie expecting may 24 or there about. This will be her second baby and her first was a breeze for her it was out very quick. She did have a miss last year at 4 months but everything is going fine per the vet this time. She is bred to my red dun foundation stud who actually we are gelding on weds so our last. Three years ago in march she gave us a gorgeous bay dun colt who was sold to a lady in ohio, the most wonderful disposition and confirmation perfect. I will be keeping this one if it is a filly. I am hoping for a red dun paint tobaino, you never know.b96ib9.jpg

Edited by melodie-jane

Wow, pretty mare!!! I have a buckskin AQHA mare by The Flashy King x Boogies Flashy Jac out of a daughter of Little Tequilla Lena x Smart Little Lena. She is bred to a son of a AAA race horse whose babies are AAA/barrel/pole horses and out of a superior barrel racing mare. The sire doesn't have any accomplishments, but his foals show amazing versatility and are just now starting to compete. He hasn't bred him very much. The foal will be for sale and on her foal heat if everything is ok with her, she will be bred to RC Fancy Step for an earlier 2012 foal. I also had weimaraner puppies born a couple days ago, I'm going to put a couple pics on my mare's topic and we will have 3 boer nannies kidding in march!!!

Well i sure will be!!!!!!!

i got moxie... in foal to Hezgottabefamous a son of the great Dash ta Fame... i am super excited for this foal.. she is due June 1 2012

and as of right now i only got one mini in foal :mecry::mecry: as of right now only cheyenne is pregnant and she is due April 22 2012... i have given pepsi a shot as she had a huge follicle when we where preg checking her so she should be in heat thursday so hopefully she catches.... Bella appears to have some cysts all of a sudden which she didnt have last year, but one looked like it might be a pregnancy but we are thinking not... so i am only counting on one next year which really sucks cause i was hoping for 4 !!!

I have a 3 year old and a yearling out of that horse!! Our 3 year old is started and looking great and his younger sister is exactly like him. I don't blame you for being excited!!! We've also got our mare bred to A Classic Guy (son of the great Frenchmans Guy) and I'm super excited to get that foal, I've always wanted a Frenchmans guy horse lol. Just thought I'd mention our mare is a daughter of Fast Moon Chic and I think granddaughter of Martha's Six Moons.