Sign in to follow this  
rebeccabarmby

Breeches For Short People?

I went to three different tack stores today and came home empty handed. I've been riding in the same TS schoolies for at least 4 years now and they desperately need replacing. I got them for Christmas years ago, so I'm not sure where they came from.

None of the stores I visited carried anything shorter than a regular. I'm not even sure if anyone makes a petite or short breech. I tried some regular TS that were very similar to my old ones, but the knee patch didnt even hit my knee they were so long.

A few brands I tried were too long but could have worked without too much ankle bunching. The problem is I'm picky about quality and feel. I tried a brand called "Lets Ride" that could have worked, but they felt cheap and kind of itchy. I also only want side zip, and don't want to spend over $200, which also limits me.

Any suggestions?

Edited by paramore

If you find them, let me know. I'm 5'1" and can't find breeches where the knee patch hits right and that don't bunch at the ankles. My best fitting pair are ariats.

I'm not sure what size you are, (I am no longer able to after having kids :indifferent: ) But sometimes the kids sizes are the right length for us shorter people. Have you tried any?

Oh, have you tried Romfh? I recently bought a pair of nice ones from them, can't remember if they were side zip or not, but I don't remember them being too long.

I've ordered my full seat breeches from Dover Saddlery on line, and I am thrilled. The fit and quality are so good. Returns are easy too! I liked them so much I bought 2 pair! $50.00 on sale!!

Edited by Graywolf 1

I'm not sure what size you are, (I am no longer able to after having kids :indifferent: ) But sometimes the kids sizes are the right length for us shorter people. Have you tried any?

Oh, have you tried Romfh? I recently bought a pair of nice ones from them, can't remember if they were side zip or not, but I don't remember them being too long.

I have children's Tailored Sportsman's and they fit great. Well....not so much anymore, my waist has expanded a bit, but the length is great. :winking:

My issue with kids breeches is they just aren't shaped right. I have a small waist, so that isn't a problem, but I have an, erm, curvacious butt. :P of course I haven't tried a ton of kids breeches on, either.