Sign in to follow this  
psmitty

Confessions Of A Boot Hoarder

I don't really know when my problem started. I suspect it was years ago by the looks of my collection and I've only now come to the realization that I have a problem. There is no logical reason for me to have so many pairs. I don't have a huge barn full of horses but i just can't seem resist the urge to buy boots. Someone help me or at least tell me it is okay and that this is normal.

My inventory;

3 pair generic open front boots with matching hinds

3 pair Nortons open front boot with matching hinds

4 pair Paul Schockemohle open front boots with matching hinds

3 pair Eskadron open front boots with matching hinds

2 pair Equifit T-Boots with matching hinds

4 pair Davis splint boots varous colors

1 pair Pessoa (?) leather open fronts with matching hinds

Edited by psmitty

Oh yeah. Definitely at hoarding status. It's ok, just embrace it.

I'm a borderline helmet hoarder. Currently have my CO AYR8, Hampton, an old IRH velvet thing I used to show in back in my "pony days" and two plastic schooling helmets from that era as well. Why don't I just throw the last three out? Haven't used them in about a million years but just can't bring myself to it...

Wishing to be added to this collection are the CO GR8 in brown, a GPA Titium pro and a Speed Air. Just because they're all pretty BA! Thankfully, finances prohibit this helmet obsession. And this is coming from the kid who sometimes goes sans helmet...

I have a helmet and boot problem.

Boot inventory:

1 set of 4 nunn fine XC galloping boots

2 sets of 4 roma (super cheap eskadron knocks offs)

1 set of 4 dover knockoffs with open front hinds

1 set of 4 CWD leather boots

1 pair old, old T-boots without removable lining

1 pair leather galloping boots, felt lined

2 sets of 4 beval LTD boots in different sizes

1 set of 4 grey pony eskadrons

1 pair leather open fronts in pony size

6 sets of plain dark, polos, then some patterned and red ones

2 pair of saratoga bandages

2 pair of eskadron climatex wraps

anddddd more standing wraps than I can count.

The sad part is that I really want to replace the CWD boots with something black for the mare since she's so dark.

Helmets:

gpa titium black size 7,

gpa titium black size 6 3/4

gpa titium pro in chocolate size 6 7/8

gpa textium in navy size 6 5/8

tipperary sportage in a Large for guests

and on the way, a speed air in black, maybe eventually one in chocolate as well, but the black titium that fits is expiring, so I'm replacing my black helmet first.

I also seem to have a human boot collection.

2 pair ariats, one crowne and one challenge,

2 pair sergios one black and one brown,

and 3 pairs of paddock boots and half chaps.

I'm feeling better already!:smilie:

My other obsession is saddle pads. I'm afraid to take an inventory of them.

Edited by psmitty

1 set of 4 Roma (eskadron knocks offs)

1 Pair of Eskadron front boots

1 Pair of Leather hinds

1 set of 4 Millers leather sheepskin lined

3 pair of splint boots in black

4 pair of SMB type front boots

3 sets of SMB type boots

3 sets of Bell boots that match above SMB boots along with 5 other pairs of Bell Boots

1 pair of Combo SMB front boots (you know the ones with the SMB and bell boot all in one boot)

The sad part is..I use the Eskadrons on Taylor...And when I trail ride I will Boot up all 4 legs with SMBs and bell boots on the front. For Snake protection..

But thats about it...

I don't have a boot issue, I have one set of galloping boots that I use for both horses, and one set of open fronts and matching hinds. Marly has a tendency to shred my galloping boots on cross-country, so they are always a fairly new set, haha.

But I have a big saddle pad issue. Like 25+.

Everything else is bare minimum, it's that starving college student thing, and poor Shevy gets stuck with all the hand-me-downs from what Marly *partially* shreds.

Thank god I don't do the saddle pad thing. That would get me into all sorts of trouble. I think I only have 3. Rotate them out.

I am jealous of your alls collections.

I have:

A pair of leather bevel ltd ankle boots

A pair of black eskadron ankle boots (saving to but the open fronts)

A set of 4 Roma Eskadron knock offs

A pair of brushing boots not sure what brand

Panda is always tearing up his bell boots so I always have some extras on hand.

As for saddle pads... I definitely have a problem but they are all white baby pads for the most part. I have at least 15 but probably closer to 20. :/

I wish I had that helmet collection though!!!

I'm a saddle pad hoarder. I just HAVE to buy them in every colour. I have five blue saddle pads, but each one is either a different shade or a different style. No idea why. I only have one main pair of boots that fit both my ponies, plus a few cheap knock off ones I picked up on sales that I don't really use.

Black/black CO Gr8

Navy/navy CO Gr8

Brown/tan Co Gr8

Grey GPA Textium

Velvet GPA Titium

Velvet International

CO skull cap

eeeee!!! I want an all black Speed Air so badly. I don't have $600 hanging around and no one seems to want to buy it for me lol. I would also like one of the smooth GPAs (Extreme? I can't remember what its called) because they don't seem to common and I like to have things that are different.

I would love to have a huge collection of boots, but all of my horses have been cobs, and not a lot of boot makers do a cob size.

At one point over the winter my gelding picked up the habit of destroying bell boots. He would go out with a new pair on in the morning and come in bootless in the evening. I started hoarding bell boots and built up a collection of at least a dozen. Needless to say he has since kicked his boot eating habit and I'm left with a pile of bell boots.

Apart from that, I must say that I have something of an addiction to saddle pads. Something about all the piping and cording makes me weak in the knees!

I have no collection problem. :( I wish I did, it would mean I was riding more and would probably mean that I still owned a horse! But holy molly! How do some of you afford all these helmets?! I can't afford one gpa let alone 4!