cmsavage

The Random Thoughts Thread

I hate house hunting! We either love the house or love the land. It seems we can't have both and I need both!

Saw a house yesterday. Outside was perfect. 4.8 acres, 3 stall barn, run in shed, etc. Gorgeous land. In my price range. The house. :bang_head: :bang_head: :bang_head: Disaster. Too many problems. Even if I could fix the issues, the house is too small and would be outgrown way too soon. It's a 1 person, 2 person max house. But, it's a disaster. Pretty much needs new everything. Walls, ceilings, floors, appliances, wood stove, roof, etc.

So house hunt continues. It's too bad because the land is perfect! I could move in to the barn. UGH!

So frustrated!!!!!

Sayge, I would be calling them and asking them. Just telling them you are touching base with them to see if they decided.

Sub, yeah. Its not a fun process. Can you buy bare land and build what you want?

Day one if our sale started off slow. Very slow. But an hour before we closed we got busy. Ended up being there and hour past closing. 1 down 5 to go.. Then I've got a horse show Sunday to run. Then will be gearing up for the 4h fair. I hope to get a break soon.. You know. October.. Lol

Edited to change my "u"'s to "you"'s. I try to be careful about spelling it out when I'm posting on forums from my phone. Obviously I missed a couple :rotf:

Edited by journeysgirl

Sub, yeah. Its not a fun process. Can u buy bare land and build what u want?

I wish. It's just not going to happen in my price range/with the mortgage, at least right now.

I wish. It's just not going to happen in my price range/with the mortgage, at least right now.

Bummer. I'll keep my fingers crossed that you find what you are looking for, then that it's in your price range!!!

Sayge you should start a "prego or fat? You be the judge" thread. Put it here on GCC, and make sure the first sentence is a disclaimer that the vet it coming out tomorrow afternoon to check. Post pics of each month.. would be interesting to see what the general consensus is.

Sub... good luck.

Pona.. :huggy:

Jg... have fun at work.. :-)

I am also off to work. I pray that they have our phone problems fixed.. I usually get about 8 incoming calls a day I took 25! Of which about 5 were for my department .. uggggggg.

I may do that. Gives me something to do lol.

Tried calling the perch owners. I guess thay are at work. I did shoot them an email though thanking them for allowing us to come out and what not.

Eskie, hope everything is fixed at work!

I finally broke down and created a tumblr account after my roomie shared a few of her fave blogs with me. Now I'm addicted. Any recommendations of fun horse-themed tumblr blogs to follow?

Yeeepppp.... *stretches and cracks knuckles*

Taught my dog to do the electric slide....

What terribly useful thing did ya'll do today??? B)

Edited by PaintMyPast

Sigh...what would you say to someone who said to you "So apparently you at times pick and choose what is allowed from who..."

Grr.

:surrender::bang_head:

:surrender: Supposed to take the horses to the vet tomorrow, I have a flat on my trailer, my jack is in the semi, the semi is in Memphis, I have no clue when my husband is going to be home. Let me add that I put a dent in the truck trying to hook the trailer up (before I realized I had a flat). Why is it so hard sometimes to make plans? :bang_head:

Yup... I hear ya Sayge.

I just put 4 "new" tires on my trailer... was coming home sunday from riding, and noticed the trailer was pulling funny. Two of the tires on the drivers side are almost bald. Seems I either have bent rims, or a bent axle. Ugggg. Never stops!

Hubby came home. Appointment still good for 2:30.

Eskie that sucks! The tires on this trailer are brand new. Not sure why the air went down.

In the past 5 years my DH's family have lost so many people. It started with his sil, her sister, and her dad. They were on a trip in California and a car hit them head on killing them. Then DH's dad, then his brother got cancer and passed away. His mom a year ago. His favorite uncle passed away also. This morning we learn his nephew's wife died in her sleep. She was in her early 30's. I hate getting older. Sorry for the gloom today but it's just unreal to me.

:huggy: Rosy

Well, I spent about 3 hours at the barn cleaning my tack shed out of all the bad fox tail covered hay. I pulled out 9 huge bags full. I stacked the new stuff I just bought this weekend and now am ready for more to fit in there. I am covered in dust, sweat and hay.. Going to go take a shower..

Putting some stuff up on KSL to help fund my new saddle. I am selling my saddle, two pet taxi's, a wire dog cage and a wire dog pen.. Wish me luck.

Rosy, that is really a hard thing to deal with :huggy: : huggy:

Eskie, good luck!!! I am in the process of clearing stuff out and debating whether or not to try and sell some of it on Craigslist. It's not worth much, just a bunch of junk...it might be smarter to give it all to DI and just use it at tax time next year....hey! I'm glad you said something cause it got my wheels spinning. Thanks! Lol.

Also....REALLY anxious to hear about Misty Sue.....

Took a vacation day and drove just 60 miles south to visit family staying in a cabin for a week. Hot, sunny and very humid. Great day on the water and the fishing was good last night. Got home to a big storm and water everywhere. Got up this morning and Duluth and Superior are under water with roads washed out and under water, rivers and creeks still rising. Emergency travel only. Made it part way into work and turned around. More heavy rain on the way and I wasn't sure I could get back out of town and home. Zoo had a polar bear and two seals get washed out and loose. Several critters drowned and there's some enclosures they can't get to yet to even check. Sink holes swallowing cars, vehicles stranded in 3 feet or more of water on roads. Homes and businesses under water in areas that aren't known for flooding. Hope my office building is ok. Not even sure I can get to work tomorrow or the next day.

Rosy, :huggy: :huggy: Condolences to you and yours. What a tragic streak!!

Wolfy...stay safe!! My cousins in Cloquet have been posting tons of pics of the damage...it's unreal!

Rosy- :huggy: :huggy: :angel3: :angel3:

Wolfy hope you are safe!

Eskie- good luck with your stuff!

Hubby just answered the phone because the newspaper keeps calling and bugging us. He goes "Hello... Excuse me? Shutup? Who are you to tell me to shutup? Let me speak with your manager."

The lady went off on him when he answered the phone! It was crazy. Now he is on hold for the manager.

:rotf::rotf::rotf:

Sayge sounds like someone's a little crazy today.

Wolfy hope you stay safe in all that. Wish we could get some of that down here and you didn't have as much.

Well... I have had some nibbles on the saddle and dog stuff. Supposed to have one gal coming out tomorrow night to pick up the dog pen. Its wire 6 foot around, and 48 inches tall. Probably cost 150 brand new, I bought it for 15 bucks 2 years ago. Never used it. Have it listed for 40!! :rotf:

Wolfy... that's some scary stuff!

Rosy she definitely had a touch of crazy. She was telling hubby he needed to shut up and listen to her because she was tired of us telling them we didn't want the newspaper. News is important and we would be buying a subscription. We still have no subscription and I feel sorry for them if they call back tomorrow lol.

Way to go Eskie!!

I had a insurance sales lady come to my door when I was younger and tell me that I was a bad parent if I didn't buy insurance for my kid. I told her I had to discuss it with my husband when he got home and she told me that's why she was divorced cause she didn't want no man telling her what to do. People are crazy when they're trying to sell things sometimes.

found out yesterday that my mare is getting kicked out of the therapy program, so my momma has to go get her and she gets to hang out with Mr Midget until she can go to the trainer.