Sign in to follow this  
shiloh04

Yay Yay Yay!

So I had to sell my old Lauriche when I lost my income last fall. Mir doesn't fit well into anything I own except my Bates jumping saddle, which is hard to do dressage in, and I get pissed just looking at it. It's for sale, but the took sooooooo long getting it back to me that the interested parties had all bought other saddles.

So anyway, I've been stalking Ebay off and on for something for Mir, and I found a Lauriche in the UK. For $827 including shipping and insurance. So soon it should be on it's way to me, and even if it doesn't fit I should be able to sell it for enough to buy one that does! Or stalk Ebay for another.

So very very excited. Might die of excitement :)

Woohoo. Congrats. I am doing the stalk Ebay thing for an Ansur.

What size? I saw one somewhere for pretty cheap. I have to get to bed tonight, but I'll look this weekend. I don't think it was on ebay though.

I've been saddle hunting for a month or so at this point, so I've been to pretty much every site that sells used saddles.

Looking for a petite or small. There was one on ebat that went off under $600. Two days later hubby says I can use the tax money to buy one. The man has the worse sense of timing.

The one on ebay must have been the one I saw. I did see two more on there for $1k though. Do you NEED an ansur, or would any good treeless work? Heather Moffett makes a very nice one too. I've been told it's better quality and more comfortable than the ansur. I don't know about pricing on them though. I know someone who has one, I can ask for more info about it if you want. It's not for sale to my knowledge, but she's tried more saddles than I've ever seen, so she knows her stuff.

I don't need an Ansur. Any good treeless would do. Cheese just seems so much more comfortable in a treeless.Less fighting. I have an AP to get me by until I find one. Just getting tired of fighting for my position. If you see your friend ask her how the sizing runs (true to size or buy a size up) Was looking at the HMs as well. Just no experience with them but they have great reviews.

I don't need an Ansur. Any good treeless would do. Cheese just seems so much more comfortable in a treeless.Less fighting. I have an AP to get me by until I find one. Just getting tired of fighting for my position. If you see your friend ask her how the sizing runs (true to size or buy a size up) Was looking at the HMs as well. Just no experience with them but they have great reviews.

Sent you a pm! If she's that much more comfy in a treeless, likely your treed saddles never fit her to her liking when she's in motion. I've found with my gelding, that it will look perfect, and he will hate it. It's the twist and stirrup bars that dig into him when he lifts his back, so he won't lift it. Then he gets sore and starts bucking in the canter. It's way worse with much time in 2-point and without a chambon, because not only does it put more pressure on the part that's not fitting, but also he has no reminder to keep his nose out of the sky, so his back drops more, and then he gets more backsore. Just something to consider.

I get to do the Yay happy dance I found a saddle. Just got a Heather Moffet for $700.It is a GPS but I sort of need the shorter flaps since I am onky 5'1. From what I read most people seem to like the stirrup bar position better on this model as well.Now comes the fun pad of trying out pads to find oe that will work.

Yay!!!! I hope yours ends up as perfect as mine has. It fits both horses almost perfectly, and I love it. Very secure.