Hey Oz! Did you have a Mustang gelding named "Nevada" several years back that a woman from Wisconsin adopted?

Um....no. The only Mustang I ever had was a bay gelding named Danny, and he went to Texas.

I agree.. I'm not a BW member (maybe I'm too young for these oldies :winking: ) but it doesn't bother me none.

I for one still like HC... It is definitely not the same when I first joined.. there were no moderators, and you could cuss on the boards! Imagine that! The only administrator was Amy and she was awesome! But even if it isn't the same, HC is still HC, and I still learn a lot from here, and probably always will if this board still continues.

I don't agree with some of the bannings, but thats not my place and it really doesn't affect me in the long run. HC is still made up of a lot of great people. I met my best friend through HC :huggy:

Ditto! Especially the last sentence! :huggy: I recognize all of the "oldies" names, but since I always posted more on the KOBB, I've always been more of a GCC lurker, until recently...since the KOBB died and went to cyber heaven, I guess! That and I'm now 24... :crazy: Not really a kid anymore!

I am so glad that there ARE still a lot of "oldies" here that post, ones I've always respected like Tuck, ozland, Mudder, etc...Actually I think my favorite era was when Tuck and Mudder were mods on the KOBB :grin: Those were pretty good times!

I stopped posting a lot because life does get in the way, but when I got my smart phone (lol), I have a lot of lulls at work and tend to need something to do, so I've kind of gotten back onto HC. I like the people that are here now, even though it'd be nice if some of the others who left or were banned were still here. But since all I had with the others, since I didn't reeeally frequent anywhere but the KOBB, was a good respect rather than a relationship, I can't say their absence ruins HC for me like it does those that DID have a relationship with them :smileywavey:

Well I'm kind of an old timer (compared to some), although I didn't post much when I was on here. But one of the reasons was because a couple of people on here hit me wrong or people seemed to read stuff into my post that I didn't even write or ask about, so just stoped posting. I come back every great once in a while and check up on things, just don't comment or post. Glad to see some of the others posting and know they are still around.

:smilie:

I've been around here close to 10 years. Don't post a ton, and honestly, when I do, I don't get many responses so why bother?

There are definitely some that I don't miss, and some I do who either left or were banned. There's some that are still around I'd like to give the heave-ho to, but alas, they don't give me that much power.

I use to post and be on here every day. Very few people would even respond or comment on them,so I see why people have the feeling,why take the time to put up pics.

I asked to join the BW and was turned down. I think it was because I happen to reply to someone that the BW don't like. They don't even know me,but I felt like they don't even want to get to know me by letting me join their forum.

Yes, my feelings were hurt because I felt like no one wanted to get to know me, and by not letting me in the group it was like being rejected, never to be in (the popular group).

Sorry that the people in the BW don't see it that way, but remember you guys are on the other side, so it is going to look and feel a lot different than the ones that can't join the group.

I just go on FB now to stay in touch with some stuff, but I do miss a lot of people on here.

Hoofs? I'm sorry your feelings were hurt but you answered your own question as to why you were not approved:

They don't even know me

It's nothing personal against YOU or anyone. But VERY sensitive topics are often discussed and most of us don't like broadcasting to a bunch of strangers such things. It would be like taking a bullhorn in the middle of Grand Central Station and announcing to the masses all your private issues. It takes at least 10 people to say "yes" that they know and can vouch for a person and NO "no" votes to be there. Because it's private. Stuff of a very personal, sensitive nature.

I wouldn't expect to be privy to a group like that if they didn't know me. And generally, the reason people DON'T "know" a person is the person's fault. How would anyone get to know another person and feel comfortable with them in their "family" if the person doesn't put themselves out there for people to get to know?

Again, I repeat, it is NOT something personal with 99% of the people whose request has been denied but more a case of "I haven't a clue about that person" type of thing ... and if 100 people don't know enough about a person to admit them into the folds, can you blame the "folds" for not opening up?

Andi? How is anyone going to get to know someone if they don't respond or read your posts?

I have gone out of my way to try to get to know people and I have donated money, sent stuff to members, did all the exchanges, went to the HC camping trips, etc. I don't know how else to get to know people.

I was denied because I once said I hung out on HC for the trainwrecks.

Which was once partially true, but now I'm here for the GREAT people that are here. Plus I rather like reading the debate board, my interest sharpened quite a lot once it was introduced. I don't post much on it but I really love reading it.

I don't blame the BW, I wouldn't want someone like me either. :ashamed0002:

(ETA: I'm mostly teasing about the BW...my humor meter is a little off today.)

Edited by Epona142

Hoofs and Epona...

Since you two seem to be the ones most vocally bothered by the concept of a private board, I just wanted to take a moment to respond.

Have you ever googled your screen name? How about the topic of an HC thread? Not being a private board, anyone on the interwebs can find you and anything you've said about you, photos of you, etc etc.

One benefit of being on a private board (or having good privacy setting on a place like FB) is that rather than having the entire world having access to whatever you say (and thus you self censor more) you can be a little bit more open, honest and personal IF YOU WISH and feel comfortable because no one but the people there can see it.

BUT, if one person becomes upset or decides to blab about whatever is said in that kind of an environment, the whole thing falls apart. I guess I think of it like talking to my best girlfriend. There is a level of trust that we've built up over the last 15 years that makes it such that I can tell her ANYTHING. And I know that even if she's pissed, she's demonstrated over time that she will never throw me under the bus.

So, depending on the type of environment a private board is after, they may/may not choose to closely monitor who is in the group.

That doesn't mean that there aren't other avenues from which to get to know people.

I remember hearing similar comments after rush when I was in a sorority in college "They didn't even try to get to know me." or "They didn't like X about me." well, the truth just might be that it's not really about you but about someone else. Let's use Andi for example. When her husband was missing, she didn't want the whole wide world to know. She wanted her friends circling the wagon--her IRL friends, her online friends--but she didn't want people who she didn't know being involved during that intimate time. So for her, having people to talk to but having control over who those people were was important to her.

That doesn't mean there's anything wrong with the rest of the folks on the internet. Just that she wanted to keep her cards a little closer to her chest.

It's not that much different than taking something to PM or to the phone with other HC members. It's simply a matter of not everyone needs to know all things.

I'm probably not making any sense. I'm a little frazzled today, forgive me.

Uh, actually, I'm NOT bothered.

I've said that about a hundred times now. I'm just joining in and having a little fun, poking at you guys and myself in good humor. I WAS slightly bothered by the posts in the beginning, but if you read the entire thread, you'll see where I apologized for feeling that way, because no one was meaning it the way it was coming across. I was having a bad day.

I have my own "private" places I go too. It's no big deal. And yes, I've googled my screen name. I use the same screen name just about every where. And I don't put anything into print that I wouldn't want the world to see.

Like I've said over and over again, I'm just teasing and having fun. I'm not offended, I'm not bothered, I'm not angry.

I'll just shut my mouth from now on about the whole thing, since my humor apparently isn't coming across well.

Sorry.

RCF, I know you! lol. And miss you, you know. I lost track of Kas when she moved up here to Michigan. She didn't like where she used to live and I think when she got here, she found people to ride with so she didn't spend as much time on the computer. The time that I started on here, I had a lot of time as I just lost my job. We all seemed to have similar interests and we got along really well, probably what the banned wagon is now. Things change, I've changed, too, so it's not surprising that the boards have changed.

Megs, what a beautiful boy!

I miss some of the oldies who have been banned or left. I highly respected Bumper and really miss her posts. PR is another. Being a fellow Nodak, I was really hoping to get to meet her someday (especially if we could have gotten a Badlands ride put together). Manes, well, we definitely had our differences in opinions, but I do wish she was still around as well.

I rarely get around to posting on here anymore, but I never was that active of a poster in the first place. Now I'm too busy playing in the sandbox.

I agree that HC has gotten more boring over the last several years. I still drop in occassionally to read through some threads in my spare time, but I am rarely motivated to post on anything anymore.

Ive been lurking for years, didnt have internet and stopped getting on for about a year. just came back within the past few days, and all the ones named that have left or been banned were the ones i was wondering where they were. now i know. it seems like all the originials got banned. i remember talking to Audrey Mae about my broken leg while i was healing.

i missed everything.

hmph :(

This makes me laugh. Seems a bit like the elementary school playground in some ways. Make the friendships you wish you keep, accept that not everyone is necessarily going to "hang out together," and move on. So what if people created a private fourm/chat to keep in touch with good friends and create an environment that suits the members involved? Such is life. Why put up with added drama or irrelevance if you don't need to? I don't get what the issue is really. :confused0024:

This makes me laugh. Seems a bit like the elementary school playground in some ways. Make the friendships you wish you keep, accept that not everyone is necessarily going to "hang out together," and move on. So what if people created a private fourm/chat to keep in touch with good friends and create an environment that suits the members involved? Such is life. Why put up with added drama or irrelevance if you don't need to? I don't get what the issue is really. :confused0024:

this bears repeating..