Trump

Hc Mommies And Mommies To Be.. V7

Goldentoes, I ran a licensed home daycare for two years. I loved it. If I were to put my child in daycare, I'd definitely look at a home daycare. The flipside to that is sometimes they don't have as much structure for preschool aged children.

Chino, is Kevin opposed to meds? My hubby has ADHD too. He is on meds though and it really, really helps. My hubby actually started on meds again a few years ago (5ish?) to help him focus more at work.

I have several times and it didn't go well. He tells me it's a sore subject and gives me a look. So then I just drop it.

We'll see! Maybe I'll do a bit of research on my own and present him that. The least he can do it hear me out!

A day-care at work! Hopefully it's an accounting mistake, cuz it must be so nice to have a day-care at work. maybe they're just seeing if you're paying attention. :confused0024:

I swear I cannot keep track of days anymore. They are flying by. Sage turned 8 months old a couple days ago. She's crawling and pulling up like a crazy lady. To get her to pull up, she has to be frustrated. Umm.. silly baby! She seems to really be progressing on par or ahead of schedule on milestones, which makes me very happy!

I admit that I am currently obsessed with all things girlie.. I have this inexplicable need to buy ALL the dresses. It's not really a problem, because I bargain hunt.. Though, I keep eyeing up certain other items I find. There's no justifying $30 dollar dresses all the time.. special occasion, maybe.. but probably not.

Sappy, that's funny! After two boys (update on them??) I'd be all-girly too!

There are two sides when it comes to buying many dresses.

1. Too many to wear and she'll wear them only a couple times.

2. You might as well get them so you can snap pictures in those darling dresses!

I personally go with the second reasoning. You might as well! This is the only time she'll fit in them and they are SO cute. If you're getting them at a discounted price then that makes it even sweeter! You can always sell them later. No harm done.

The boys are doing wonderfully! I am really happy with their progress over the last 6 months or so. Everett is saying a few new words, and tries really hard. He's still mumbling and his words run together. Hunter is a motor mouth, he does not shut up.. ever. It's constant chatter all day and night until he goes to bed.

Hunter had his adenoids taken out a couple months ago I think it was. Gosh I'm losing track of days and months these days! He got hospitalized last month again with a bowel obstruction. We still don't have a diagnosis.. but some doctors brush it off as something that happens to autisic children and some adults. I don't buy that for a freaking second.. I think there's something else going on, but I'm no doctor. I'll get a second opinion when we can get another referral. He had a feeding tube in place for a few days and was given "go lightly".. Go lightly my ***.. that should just be called colon blow. anyway, he got out, and then got a serious sinus infection from the tube down his nose. So he's on antibiotics for a good month. Poor kid cannot win.

Ev just turned 4 last weekend! I thought I was going to faint. He got a spiderman action figure set for his birthday. He walked the entire Toys R Us store, allowed to pick one thing.. whatever he wanted. He chose this cheap little spider man toy. *sigh*

A day-care at work! Hopefully it's an accounting mistake, cuz it must be so nice to have a day-care at work. maybe they're just seeing if you're paying attention. :confused0024:

I'm still trying to figure it out :(

But yeah, having it at work is AWFULLY convenient. It would be even nicer if it was in the building, but can't have everything!

Is everyone ready for the holidays this year? The kids are spoiled this year, it's pretty sickening. LOL! I didn't really buy much, but then yesterday UPS came and dropped off 4 boxes of stuff from my mom. :shocked: Supposedly there is more OTW, and also my in-laws buying up cool stuff. I don't even need to shop for stuff.. there's no point. The grand parents always go over board!

define "ready"? hahaha

We have the first birthday party this weekend and I'm not even ready for that.

And forget about christmas presents. oy. :/

I am ready for Christmas for the first time in my life. I realized a few things this year.. First, I suck at wrapping gifts. Secondly, always buy more wrapping paper than you think you need.Lastly, don't buy ANY wrapping paper with sparkles on it and leave it under the tree.. Unless of course you want a baby to rip that stuff up.

I have wrapped each gift as it arrives in the mail. That's something I haven't done in years past.. I don't know what got into me this holiday season.

Holy moly.. first birthday already?! Wow!

How is everyone doing (mommies and kiddos, babies-to-be, etc.)?

I had an OB appointment on Wednesday. Had my glucose tolerance test (I passed, yay!) and other third trimester blood screening done. As I expected, they want me to take an iron supplement because I am a little anemic. I had the same problem when I was pregnant with Connor. I am going to be 28 weeks tomorrow! This pregnancy is flying by. 10 weeks or less left! Dr says they won't stay in past 38 weeks. Baby girls are both doing perfect - We had another growth ultrasound and Baby A was estimated at 2 lbs 6 oz and Baby B at 2 lbs 1 oz. I have gained almost 30 lbs this pregnancy so far.. We'll see how much I gain the next two months or so lol. I gained 40+ lbs when I was pregnant with Connor but I lost all of the weight (and then some) within 3 months after delivery. Baby A is still head down and Baby B still transverse. My OB said if they stay in those positions, we can still attempt a vaginal birth so that makes me happy! I am supposed to see him every two weeks now, but the holidays conflict with scheduling so I will not have another appointment until January 7th. I am going to do my pre-admission paperwork at the hospital that day, too, and tour the hospital on January 14th.

My OB okayed me going to Branson, MO, with my parents for the holidays so I am excited for that! I have pretty much all of my Christmas shopping done.. Just need to wrap stuff and get something for my in-laws now. Still have not taken a family picture for Christmas, though. I need to send out Christmas cards to family and friends still. I have been too busy for anything!

Figured I'd update you guys on how things are going for me and my 'bundle.

I had my ultrasound at 4 months to check everything and found out I'm having a girl. I've decided to name her Margaret Irene, family names, and she was a healthy 4 month fetus. I'm now coming up on 8 months and she's been having fun playing kick-boxing with my ribs and I swear she get the hiccups daily! I'm seeing my Dr. weekly now and I going to have a final ultrasound done to try and guessitmate her weight and height. This will determine wither I have her naturally or via C-section. My family is known for BIG babies, between 8-10 pounds and 20-22 in. long! I'll try and remember to post pics from this ultrasound for you guys, if you'd like.

As far as being with the father, we ended in June. He was trying to control everything I did and it just wasn't good for me or the baby. I later found out he had lied to me, probably more then once, which just cemented my decision! I still talk to him, when he's not pestering me, and still want him to be in her life. I just don't want him to hurt her with his lies and distrust, like he did me.

I'm still working and the place I work for will continue to keep me on after my maternity leave is over. I'm hopeing they will bring me on full time so I can get all the benifits. If not, I will have a insurance policy ready for me and Margaret after she is born.

I still have the horses, I lost Missy (my dog) in October, but I have a very large support group behind me and they are helping me with anything I need but just don't quite have the funds for. I have enough hay for the horses over the winter, they are 'air ferns' so I don't have to grain them in winter months. Actually the boys are still on grass and have fat pockets at their tail heads! Spiffy is doing good too, eating her own bale, and I'll be putting a the 1st bale in the hay ring for the boys next time I hay Spiffy. Get to try out the Big Bale Buddy, that just came in yesterday, for Spiffy too!

Well, I'm gonna get off the computer now. I'll try and remember to post those ultrasound pics next time I'm on the 'puter for ya'll, if you'd like. Talk to ya later and Merry Christmas! :grin:

Edited by SpiffyGrl

Glad things are going well! Just keep in mind:

- Late-term ultrasounds are notorious for being off in either direction by as much as 2+ pounds.

- Your body RARELY creates something it cannot birth.

- C-sections suck HINEY (since I apparently cannnot say @$$ here). I have had one, I can say that. :happy0203:

- You never know what your body is capable of until you actually get your trial of labor.

- Gravity and proper positioning can do wonders for getting babies of ANY size in a birth-friendly position.

- Even if your baby is "big", fat squishes, and length just means your kid will be skinny. 10lbs and 18 inches is built a a heck of a lot different than 10lbs and 22 inches.

Edited by pelirrojaloca

Not sure if I'm ready for xmas. money is tight but i got Brie a baby einstein by the sea moving thing. i have yet to put up a single decoration and its driving mil crazy. yesterday was the big family party. was nice. Today we went to see a bunch of xmas tree displays and Gabrielle met Santa. Bil snuck a pic. so cant wait to see that. she just looked at him while her cousins screamed.

Thanks for the info. I'm going to try and have her naturally and my Dr. told me that the ultrasound will only give a vague ideal of how big she 'might' be. I'll still post the pics, since I didn't get my last ultrasound pics posted. :)

I wish I could like Pelirro's post. Good info!

Nothing new here.. Just counting the days until Christmas. I'm very excited to see the kids' faces on Christmas morning. They're going to freak when they open gifts.

Hey ladies. It just occurred to me that i had totally been slacking and i hadnt even updated to tell you that our little guy arrived safe and sound november 6th by scheduled c section. We named him cody james and he weighed 8lbs 4 oz and was 23 inches long. Hes growing like a bad weed and at 6 weeks hes about 13 lbs

Hes been a bit colicy at night from about 2 until 6 but we seems to be working through that. Other than that hes a good baby and his birth was fantastic

I had my own clothes back on within two hours of having him i was up and walking by early morning and drove myself home from the hospital about 26 hours after having him. The recovery was so much easier i was back riding less than two weeks after the c section and its been great!

Id post a pic but cant figure out how to do that from my blackberry

Hope everyone eles is good!

Congrats on your new baby HGJ! So glad everything went well for you! You're lucky to have had a good recovery. I can't even jog without pain.. so I am JEALOUS right now. He is just the CUTEST little squishy. Great picture! :smileywavey:

Congrats HGJ!!! Love the name Cody and he looks and sounds like a healthy little man! Glad to hear your recovery has been so great! Thanks for sharing the picture - too cute!

Hope all the pregnant ladies are doing well. I'm still hanging in there at 29 1/2 weeks with the surrotwins. Very uneventful pregnancy so far and my only complaint is the iron supplement I am on is causing unwanted issues as far as BMs go lol. I am not at the uncomfortable, unbearable stage of pregnancy yet so I am thankful for that! This pregnancy is so much different than my other pregnancy in that I am carrying the girls up higher than I carried Connor so I don't have to pee all the time like I did with Connor. The girls are still super active and it's very reassuring and fun to see/feel them moving regularly. This whole experience has been amazing and I will never forget it. I am showing so much now that strangers are asking me about my pregnancy when I go to stores and wherever. I had a lady at a store ask me today "Is he getting a brother or sister?" (looking at Connor) And I simply said "It is twin girls." I did not say brother or sister but I really did not want to get into a conversation about the surrogate pregnancy with a stranger.. I am in Branson with my family right now (parents, SIL, 4 1/2 month old nephew, Connor, etc) and it has been so cute watching Connor with his baby cousin. He adores him and has been gentle with him. He tells me he loves baby Jaden. He is actually kind of possessive/protective of him. It cracked me up tonight because he called Jaden his brother. He said "leave my brother alone!" I am loving that I get to spend time with my baby nephew. I have been dying to meet him since he was born in early August but he lives in Atlanta so this was my first chance to meet him!

my only complaint is the iron supplement I am on is causing unwanted issues as far as BMs go lol.

Take your iron with a glass of orange juice or other food high in Vitamin C. The C binds to the iron and creates a LOT fewer, um, side effects.

Take your iron with a glass of orange juice or other food high in Vitamin C. The C binds to the iron and creates a LOT fewer, um, side effects.

Thanks for the tip! I will try it! I normally am not a huge fan of orange juice, but if it helps, then I will try it.

Finally got my last ultrasound done. Maragret is at 7 1/2 pounds right now and healthy, but she has a few weeks to gain more. Lol! The ultrasound tech printed off 2 pics for me. One of her hair and one of her thumb and finger. Lol! I asked her if she could tell me what color her hair was, she just kinda snickered at me. Lol!

Here are the pics.

Her hair. Lol.

baby1-2-131_zpsde592777.jpg

Her Thumb and trigger finger

baby1-2-132_zps494d3c7b.jpg

Well, I gotta get going. Mom and I need to get to the store. Talk to ya'll later and I hope to talk to ya'll more this year!

Margaret was born yesterday a little after 4pm. She was 8lbs. 1oz. and 22 inches long with bright eyes and strawberry blonde hair. I'll be able to post pics later afterwe go home tomorrow.

Congrats Spiffy!!! Now where are these pictures?! Sounds like Margaret is a big, healthy girl! I hope you have a speedy recovery and enjoy every second with your little angel!

As for me.. Can you believe I am already at 32 weeks?! I am so happy with each passing day/week. I really hope I can keep these girls in until 36-38 weeks but my next goal is 34 weeks (my OB says any time after that will be good for twins. Obviously the longer, the better). At my last appointment/ultrasound on Jan. 7th, Baby A was measuring at 3 lbs 11 oz and Baby B at 3 lbs 5 oz! I hope I can get them to 5+ lbs each by delivery (preferably 6-7 lbs each). I found out both babies are head down now so that is happy news for me! Explains why I am having to pee more frequently, too. Lol. And my heartburn has come back full force. I don't think I have ever had heartburn as bad as I had it tonight. Tums seemed to help, though! Not having problems with my iron supplement anymore, yay! I packed my hospital bag today just to be prepared.. Of course I will have some last minute things to throw in still, but at least I got the majority of it packed. I have my next appointment on Jan. 21st. Hopefully by then, my OB will be able to tell me when he wants me to stop working. I am currently still working full-time and this last week was so hard on my body. My feet were so sore by the afternoon and it's really uncomfortable for me to do pretty much everything. I am hoping i can last through the end of the month which would put me as going on leave between 34-35 weeks pregnant but we'll see what my OB says.

I guess it's been a while since I have updated on Connor. He will already be 3 1/2 next month! He's growing sooo fast. He is still not fully potty trained but has been peeing in the potty since last July/August and I finally started underwear potty training him full-time (except nap/bedtime) last weekend and he is doing much better in underwear than he did in pull ups! I am really proud of him. He does not usually have more than 2 accidents/day. He is still being a stinker about pooping in the potty for me.. He gets mad at me when I catch him in the act of pooping in his underwear and throws a fit about finishing in the potty. Any suggestions on how to get him pooping in the potty willingly? I can't wait until he is fully potty trained! Potty training has been such a challenge with him. Other than the potty training, I hope to get him signed up for the Pre-K program at our elementary school near our new house for next fall when he is 4. I hope he gets in and it will save us some money and help him prepare for kindergarten! I love his school he is at now but it is a little out of the way for me and is so expensive! Our elementary school is literally .2 miles from our house. Walking distance. He is excited to go to the big school!

Hope everyone else is well!

My sister in law had her baby on Saturday and now I'm thinking maybe we should have had children... UGH! I can't talk to my mother in law about it as she would be on a mission to convince my husband that we should go for it. I'm not sure if this is just baby fever or seeing the look on my husband's face while he was holding Brody.

But, dangit, I'm 43 years old!

Farrah I just want to say- these days it's not too late to have a baby. One of my closest mommy friends has three now under the age of four and she just turned 44! Another thing is adoption!

A little update here... Natalie is four and a half and is just Doing wonderful! She is getting excited about playing soccer next month on a team for the first time.

Caroline is six months now and she has *almoooost* two bottom teeth. I can see then coming through but can't feel them yet, so I'm sure they are on the way! She is absolutely the happiest baby I have ever known and even when she had the flu two weeks ago she still managed to smile for the doctor.