kaylazarn

Need Your Love

My name on here used to c0wb0ybuttsdrivemenuts and my mom is toomanyironsinthefire. On July 11th, 2011 my little sister Kenzie, got into a tragic accident. She now has a tramatic brain injury. I am posting because we need all the prayers we can get. Below are a few links for you to share your love. More of Kenzie's story is provided on the following links.

My Blog:

http://lifelovehospitals.blogspot.com/

Facebook Prayer Pages:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Pray-For-Kenzie-Zarn/117728701655947

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=251080841575547

My Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=523745631

I've been keeping up with your family tragedy through a friend who lives in ND. *thoughts/prayers/jingles*

I live in ND!

Thank you all for your prayer.

So sorry about your sad news im sending you good thoughts and love from the UK. Give your sister a big hug from me. Much love from Bonnieandclyde.xxxxxxx

Yes. I've been getting my information straight from Mrs. Ledbetter. :huggy:

Psst...Mrs. Ledbetter lives in Montana.

Many of us are sending good thoughts to your sister, Kayla. I hope she can come home soon! :huggy:

PS-I'm in North Dakota too!

Psst...Mrs. Ledbetter lives in Montana.

Well ... :duh: The information I was getting, it seemed she was much closer. Close enough to go visit the hospital, I thought?

Man. I hope I haven't confused different people. :ashamed0002: Regardless if I have, I'm still sending *thoughts/prayers*.

Well ... :duh: The information I was getting, it seemed she was much closer. Close enough to go visit the hospital, I thought?

Man. I hope I haven't confused different people. :ashamed0002: Regardless if I have, I'm still sending *thoughts/prayers*.

Toomanyironsinthefire is in Montana as well, which leads me to believe that Kenzie is as well. Don't worry Heidi, we luf ya. :winking:

Kayla, are you going to school in ND or do you live here?

Oh, my dear... Prayers for your sister and family. I'm not able to look at the links right now, so I don't know the story. TBIs are the most tragic injuries... My brother-in-law was hit by a train Christmas Eve 2007. He died on scene and was resuscitated and airlifted to a hospital. He was put on paralytics, in a medically induced coma, had a large plate of his skull removed to prevent his swelling brain from pushing into his spinal column and killing him. They have him a 35% chance of ever waking up. He was in a coma over a month, in a vegetative state for a while, then semi conscious...he has a very, very severe TBI, but my big brother is AWAKE now. He has lost a lot of mental capacity, is stuck in a wheelchair, and will never be able to come home. But we still have him.

The thing I'm sure your sisters doc has already told you, TBIs are difficult to predict. The brain is a hazy area of medical science because it's too risky to do a lot of studies on living brains. They all heal differently. My brother had a massive amount of shearing, which means the connective nerve endings tore apart, and his recovery has been about letting them connect and re-fire, so to speak. We were told the most improvement happens in the first two years of therapy. We lost my brother's cooperation with the therapy. He started violently resisting any of it, which I truly believe is the main reason he stopped recovering. Just look at Courtney King Dye. The progress she has made in the year since her accident is phenomenal to me, after dealing with Shane giving up. She is a wonderful success story who continues to make strides and improve. She is a hero to me, while I am yet so jealous of her progress. I hope your sister makes the same leaps and bounds in recovery as that strong woman. A big key is making sure you support your sister every step of the way and keep her morale up and keep her fighting to regain who she was. When you lose the will to find yourself again as Shane did, you lose the battle. My thoughts and prayers are with her. If you ever need to talk, feel free to pm me.

:angel3: :angel3: :angel3: Prayers for your sister's healing and continuing recovery.

:huggy: and :angel3: for you and your family as you travel through this painful time.

God Bless,

Kathryn

Kenzie has been out of her coma for about 5 weeks. She is in a vegetative state, but she has moved on command a few times. She waited to quit breathing til after the paramedics are there. Her heart hasn't stopped beating. Her brain is..."twisted and scrambled" we were in Seattle for 10 days in the middle of August and they put a shunt in while we were there. Her eyes are fixed and do not respond to light. She has moved her fingers a few times on command. She is starting to move more. (can move her head a bit)

I live in ND, with my girlfriend. But I am from Lewistown, Montana. That's where the accident was and that is where my parents live. My parents have been living in a camper outside of the hospital for the past eight weeks. The hospital is about an hour and a half north of Lewistown.

Thank you all for your prayers and thinking of my family.

Thank you everyone, Kenzie moved into a nursing home this week.

Hard to believe that her grandparents are going to the nursing home to visit HER.

There are a lot of new pictures of her in my blog, she is moving a little bit on command. We are using our animals when we stimulate her and she hasn't responded much but when my mom said "Pet the kitty" she did... a huge groundbreaking movement for us.