deequeue

I'm Back!

Been away a long time...

I'm at work right now, and I don't have access to FB or any of my pics, but Teddy & I (he's now 7) are planning on our first show either next month if the finances hold out, or the spring next year if they don't.

He's just a doll...we're having so much fun!

And Pokey's still going strong at 21, teaching all the youngsters about riding & dressage. He took his mentally challenged young rider to her first dressage show a couple of months ago...it was awesome!

Will post some pics when I get home!

HI!!!! I cant wait for pics! Were you around when I got Rex, my now 4 y/o? I still have Layla too. So good to see you back!

No--Rex & I haven't been formally introduced :smilie: How's Layla doing?

I PROMISE I will try to get pics up this weekend...

C

Layla is fab. My friend is leasing her now (at my house) and went out last weekend, their 10th ride together, Laylas first show in a year, friends 2nd show in over 10 years, and got a 73.1% at Intro A in front of a very tough ® judge and then a 69.3% at Intro B in front of a tough but fair (L) judge.

Layla has also been the spokespony for Smartpaks SmartOmega 3 and has been featured in their smart supplement mini catalog and also on their FB page. I also am a big spokesperson for MagRestore by Performance Equine USA as this form of magnesium has been a life saver for my horses and so many friends horses. I just found out Layla is being featured in the brouchure for this product as well.

So Rex (Revolver) is a GOV Oldenburg gelding by Routinier out of a TB mare. Im not sure if you were posting when I was trying to breed Layla 4 years ago, but Rudy is the stallion I had chosen. Layla didnt take after 2 years of trying so I decided to buy the horse I was trying to breed.

LONG story short, a woman I "knew" from the UDBB forum as she was breeding to Rudy the same year I started, was selling her Rudy gelding. We got to talking, I was able to sell my contract for one more year of breeding to use towards the purchase of the horse, flew to PA to see him, loved him, and had him shipped down at 21 months of age.

Hes a big puppy dog. Totally in your pocket, so sweet, super nice mover, and just perfect except he likes to hurt himself. I did know he had an OCD lesion in the right hock when I bought him. Had that surgically removed last May. I have done all of the ground work and training and backed him myself (first total greenie for myself) in Nov 2010. I then started lessoning with Dean Graham and things were progressing wonderfully. 5th ride we were cantering in a round pen during our first lesson at his clinic. For the 6th ride and 2nd lesson, we were w/t/c both ways in a huge arena and its been like that ever since. No bucking or silliness. He was getting worked like once every 1-2 weeks, nothing heavy at all.

We were really starting to get ready to start more actual "work" when he turned 4 and then freak accident where he kicked at Layla as she charged at him to make him move out of her way and her lower right incisor connected with his left hind, puncturing through the skin right between the digital tendon and suspensory. No lameness but had to treat it as a puncture and wet wrap, etc. 4 weeks of healing and I took him for an ultrasound just in case (again never lame) and found out his lateral splint was completely seperated (not just a hairline fracture). So since the Sunday before Memorial day, he has been on paddock rest and we have been waiting on him to heal.

I took him 6 weeks ago for a follow up xray and he is 60-70% healed so we are going to wait another 2-3 months and check him again. Really hoping he heals without needing surgery.

Heres a couple of pics

Laylas photo for the SP supplement

197263_1827616657373_1449009522_32004618_7288251_n.jpg

Me and Rexs last lesson in April

217036_1907603937005_1449009522_32131181_3367078_n.jpg

223287_1907604337015_1449009522_32131183_7028202_n.jpg

Our last ride 3 days before the accident

249664_1973364740984_1449009522_32230149_7728399_n.jpg

Last month for his check up and hes already filled out more and is a little taller since then

292011_2217307559402_1449009522_32511366_8006742_n.jpg

Oh and Ive lost 44lbs since last year

185232_2239746720367_1449009522_32540688_1282849_n.jpg

Sorry for all the pics - but I cant wait to see yours!

LOOK AT YOU!!!! You look great!!!!

And Rex is gorgeous...very nicely put together. Best of luck with him...as long as you don't have to keep him in bubble wrap :winking:

Well, my weekend tanked big time...problems with SU & some things he had going on, then bad news about a good friend & a neuropathic illness she has, and then the sudden & devastating passing away of a good work friend...it took its toll. I wasn't able to post but I will, you'll see pics soon!

Oh...and how could I forget Layla being the big SmartPak celebrity now??? I use them and they're on my FB like list, I'll take a look & see if I can find her pic...how exciting!

So sorry to hear of your friends illness and the passing of your other friend. Certainly a taxing weekend! Ill be patient for the pictures given the circumstances! :winking: And thanks for your compliments on me!

Yes Layla is famous now. I actually just got my smartpak shipment in today and there was a new catalog in it with "customers favorites" on the front and in the back with the supplements, our SmartOmega 3 testimonilal and pics and all have 1/2 a page! My mom just thinks this is all too cool and wants me to frame them all! LOL

Wow, Layla looks fantastic!! Tell me more about this MagRestore....

Sorry to hear about Rex's issues, I always enjoy seeing your photos/videos. He sure is a hunk! :happy0203:

And WOW, you look fantastic! :yahoo: Keep up the good work! What have you been doing to lose the weight? I've had a really rough year, weight has gone up and down 10 lbs...and I need to lose at least 25lbs. I just can't seem to stay motivated/get moving. Any pointers you can share?

Oops,

Sorry, Welcome back Dee! Can't wait to see pics...(I am living vicariously through other peoples horses...my mare is my 'money pit' and we never can get 'going' and stay there...something ALWAYS happens!)I do have my 17 yr old palomino, very nice boy, we did our first show this year 2 wks ago - my almost 3 yr old daughter got 4th place in leadline, it was her first show ever!). :yahoo:

Hope all goes well and you can do your show next month!!