Becaco

Texas People #4

Blaze - Nice looking family you have there. All are adorable.

Epona - I live in Huntsville so I am not too far from Bedias.

Bec - LM is too cute. Love the pics with him helping do farm chores.

Not much happening here. I don't know if I'm ready for it to be in the 40's. It's been so hot here for so long I almost forget where my cold weather gear is.

Thanks for the prayers for Dakota. He has no clue of his impending operation. I'll try and get a pic of his tumor for ya'll this weekend. That way we can see how good he looks once it's gone.

Everyone else. :smileywavey:

Hi PeppySue! You're just about a neighbor. Although I've never been to Huntsville. We always go to College Station.

Blaze - you're terrible, you horse addict you :rotf:

0806220278-1-1.jpg

I have some quite me time

Slip, hope you have more good days than bad. Take it from someone who is there, it might get a little hairy living with your in-laws. Just keep thinking about that new house. Something my Mother always said when things didn?t go the way you thought they should or would like, most of the time it works out for the best.

QH

All the squirrels she released at Troy's have been gray cat squirrels. Yesterday Trace told me it was gray, his thinking is, because he got sick Sunday evening, he thinks Karma bit him in the hiney on that one

Those are great jack-o-laterns, QH[/QH].

Blaze, you are my new best friend. I love gold horses. One of my horses has gold fetlocks. That is close as I have gotten to a gold horse.

Opened the door to let the dogs out this morning and got blasted with north wind. Felt good to me after such a hot summer.

Morning all :smileywavey:

woo it's been a week :bang_head:

Welcome Blaze and Epona.

Epona it's good to see you and so glad you were okay in those fires :huggy:

Nope, probably not going to the renfest. Too many leathercupped man things hanging out the last time I was there. Now I'm not a prude. I like man things just fine :happy0203: but that was a little much for me.

Blaze

nice bunch of blonies, I like the strawberry blonde teehee.

Man you have a couple of nice looking Aussies.

Mare

That little girl is my grand daughter. Cadance Ryder or aka Cadybug.

She's 20 months old and little Mache's future girlfriend. That is if he likes older women. I think she's 4 months older then him.

She is about the only thing that has helped me make it through these last couple of years.

Becaco

He is so adorble. I love the one where he is safe from the chickens. Perfect place to put him. How on earth? He must like wearing hats. Cady screams and throws it on the ground if you try to put a hat on her.

Yes, she's not always sweet.

PS

Did you get any rain last night? Me neither, hopefully it'll show up today. I'm not ready for 40* but if it comes with rain, I'll take it.

I heard some yahoo in New York on a radio station say Houston was out of the drought? I'm thinking..there you go, someone reporting that has his head up his rear. One little soaker doesn't end this drought.

Blondie

Glad you got your saddle. Isn't it nice to have Your stuff.

My son ended up there via, the Airforce, Minot ND. Two tours in Iraq, Then when he got out he moved to Madison WI and then to Iowa. We'll be going up there in May for his wedding. Hopefully all the snow will be melted by then.

QH

:huggy:

Poor Trace......I hope he didn't eat one of the rescues? oooh yuk.

What are you all doing for holloween? I hope Amanda isn't going on a haunted house tour with reeses candy. :rotf:

Got to go ya'll have a great day :smileywavey:

Morning

Blondie, to answer your question about painting pumpkins, clean the pumpkin, let it dry and you can use the water based acrylic paints in the little bottles found at craft supply stores. When it's completely dry, spray it with a coat of clear acrylic spray. The paint will be water proof and it pops the detail and finishes off the look.

I hope Amanda isn't going on a haunted house tour with reeses candy. :rotf:

JR She won't even eat Reeses PB cups any more! laugh.gif

Besides, we don't pay to be entertained by Ghosts anymore we have plenty of that right here for free! happy0203.gif

Oh, so May is the wedding...a road trip how super cool! Or are you flying?

Bec, Mache is so adorable my stars has he grown!

Trace LOVES hats/caps. He got his first cap when he was about 7 mo. old. When he fell asleep in his car seat, I reached over and tried to take it off and he grabbed it, fussed at me and jammed it back down on his head. rotf.gif

Mother always said when things didn't go the way you thought they should or would like, most of the time it works out for the best.

That is SO true! I always told my kids...if you wait, you'll be shown the real reason why something you wanted real bad didn't work out.

Epona, we will be going to the Ren. Fest but don't know when. We're assuming there will be no Fireworks at closing...we LIVE for that every year, they're better than most displays you see.

My daughter looks to buy something new and unusual every year. Last year she bought the realistic Elf ears. This year she's looking for handmade leather Elf shoes. She claims when she gets an outfit together she'll start wearing it every year. Hmmm we shall see...

Blaze Sorry to hear you lost your horse recently huggy.gif and that you once broke your back...YIKES!

I enjoyed seeing your family pics. We have an old blue heeler who is losing his sight mecry.gif and my son has an Australian cattle dog with the same coloring as your heeler.

I too am a sucker for a roan, my all time favorite horse was a red roan and about 6 yrs. ago, we bred our b/w Overo paint to a buckskin and got a blue roan. Every foal he sired that year was a roan. confused0024.gif

I LOVE Farrah's dapples! She's a cutie pie.

Peppy, when is Dakota's surgery? angel3.gif all goes fine. Do you use a Huntsville Vet?

I use Dr. Long for our small animals and the Vet here in New Waverly for our horses. He is a freekin doll!

It is sure great to have a full crowd here again. Bec...good thinking starting the new thread! notworthy.gif

I'm going to post the ole BB meet photo again to introduce us to Blaze and Epona. And then some of my family, 2 and 4 legged.

I love Pali's too. This is my daughter Amanda and her first horse about 17 yrs. ago. Big Boy was a QH/draft cross & Bomb proof. She used him like most kids do their bicycles. Bareback and barefoot, she'd ride him to her BFF's house in town. BEST horse we will ever own! She sold him so she could buy her first truck. She'd come to regret that decision when we tried to buy him back for Trace, the people wouldn't part with him.

AmandaBigBoy.jpg

This was about...what girls? Maybe 4 yrs. ago

L to R MagnumsGirl; CrazyChicken; JR&Gin; Me/Trace and FarmGirl824 We all live in the same general area except for MagnumGirl who lives in Stephenville.

100_1667.jpg

My mare Moon

IMG_1488.jpg

Trace and Cash my daughters gelding. He was a rescue, has LOTS of issues and is retired.

IMG_1493.jpg

Jody my daughter's paint

JodySummer031.jpg

They're doing a laser show this year instead of the fireworks. Be interesting to see.

Since we're showing off pictures!

Here is Apple (Foxy's Prissy Princess), my Missouri Foxtrotter pony. (Ignore my goofy facial expressions)

299562_1558051408680_1757120067_831220_1665342593_n.jpg

317053_1558051088672_1757120067_831217_1414422665_n.jpg

And my colt, who is currently at DiluteMe's place. Thunder's Spyder Prince, or, Spydie.

309365_1555139695889_1757120067_828889_561408999_n.jpg

I also have a group of goats and four dogs, but I'll save those for another time.

Much cooler today, very weird. I don't like the cold, but the cool is okay. Otherwise, just another day around here.

QH - I usually am not a fan of greys, but man I want to kiss Moon's nose. They're all marvelous looking horses and looks like you have a great family.

Here's a picture of Diluteme and I, shhh don't tell anyone I posted a picture of her lol, it just happens to be one of the better pics of me.

261637_1435397182401_1757120067_710779_4587473_n.jpg

Thanks Bec you are so nice.:huggy:

:mecry:You left me and I didn't know where you went.:rotf: Thanks to my sweet bud Bec who looks after me so I don't get lost told me where to go just after I posted on the old thread. Of course I didn't notice the last post was on the 22nd. lol. Well I am just going to copy and paste what I posted on the old thread instead of typing a lot of nonesense that will put you to sleep. Been on FB and afraid to come on here much for fear I might post too many pics and run over on my GB allowance but missed you too much to stay away. Holy smoke this is like old home week looking at all the pics posted. Love it.

Hi guys been awhile and I am sure behind in reading and catching up. I have been over limit once and almost over the second month on my wireless allowance so been sticking mainly to Face Book since I tend to load too many pics eating up my allowance. lol. Well nothing going on here but wild bucking horses in cool weather, Comanche eating the long plastic streamer off the electric fence around the yard when I shut the electric off. Yep said the heck with the behaviorist manager of Second Chance and put an electric wire above the fence around the yard. First time she hit it she took off for the highway and ran for a couple miles but I jumped in the car and followed her and brought her back. Only hit it one more time and she now doesn't attempt to jump or climb out. She wants me by her side now when she goes out figures I will keep the zap away I guess.

WELL I just had the adrenaline rush for the month not the year. I was scared to death and I never have in my life been afraid on a horse even if they are bucking at a run. . I opened up the pasture by the highway since I had closed the gate to keep them off the grass. Sunora ran through and I had planned to bare back ride with a halter. All three were sprinting around the pasture jumping ditches and bucking. Of course I had just fed them the sweet feed mix with the supplement. lol. Any way ran them back to the other pasture and poured the mix on some hay. Caught Sunora and took off to the other pasture again. Did some comfortable trotting then I happened to be going in the direction of the pasture with the barn and all of a sudden she makes a fast break that direction and I am yanking not pulling the halter back yelling whoa. She is dodging left to right then heading toward a corner of the fence (barb wire). I am thinking do I bale off or not but that was really no option at the speed she was going and frozen ground. I can't handle any more back injuries and sure no more broken or fractured leg bones. lol. I gave my leg forward cue which means fast stop and she ignored and gained more speed sliding around the open gate to the pasture barn. She was now heading to the barn at break neck speed scaring the heck out of me. I was determined that we weren't going to the barn so kicked hard on her left side and neck reined to the right towards the yard fence. She turned and came to a sliding stop. I was soooooo angry I jumped off and since it was the Anderson lead and halter and the lead is very long I started lunging the **** out of her and making her obey my every command and throwing in whoas. She was stopping on a dime because she knew I was mad. I hadn't dropped the halter low on her nose like I normally do for serious riding and that enabled her to take control when she took off. Won't make that mistake again. But this is the first time she has ever not taken commands from me since she was a weanling. I suppose I trust her too much knowing her so well and having so long but I should have known on the sweet feed mix and cool weather any thing can happen. lol. I need to do more lunging with her and get her back to listening for every command and cue. She is getting too independent obviously. Well that is all the excitement that I have to share rest is boring every day things and work is never done but takes money to do. At least I have two huge post in the ground for one of my gates. The ground was so rocky and hard clay I gave up after an hours and filled with water to soak then came back and dug the holes. Worked like a charm. Only have the gate up by the highway to do now and have the post laying there now. They are as big around as a telephone pole so should do the hob of holding the big metal gate up.

Hope all of you are well and happy. Mare glad to notice you are back and your handsome son. I can't believe he has grown so much. Shayna hope your ankle is doing better wish you the very best of course. Take care.....

Oh welcome to all the newbies. I am not from Texas but I am adopted here so I get to visit if I behave.:rotf: JR is real mean to me even though I am soooo sweet to her. lmbo.

Edited by robertbel1

Boy we needed that rain! I sure hope everyone got as much as we did.

QH - I usually am not a fan of greys, but man I want to kiss Moon's nose.

I know Epona, ain't she cute. happy0203.gif

Yea I love the lighter greys with flea-bit. She's a mess!! When I brought her home, I walked her around the pasture, then I stood talking to my son Jason for another 15 min. or so while she grazed. When I turned her loose, she took off, ran a few laps around the pasture and came back to me.

And then my DH came outside to look at her and she took off straight for him, never slowed down, hit the fence and catapulted head over heels over the top!

I screamed OMG when I saw her hit the fence. I covered my eyes, I just knew she'd broken her neck or a leg.

Jason ran over to check her out and called to me she's ok. I didn't believe him, there was no way for her to do what she had just done and not be dead or injured.

But she was fine. DH said she landed on all 4's, and just started grazing as if nothing had happened.

It's been 5...or is it 6 years ago this Oct. that I went to look at a paint and sorrel belonging to the same man. When his herd of brood mares ran up, all I saw was Moon (Daisy at the time). rolleye0014.gif

She ran straight to me that day and turned her rump for me to scratch. I took this pic. There's no resisting that.

BTW, this pic made it in the HC cookbook. jump.gif

bigfish063.jpg

Spyder is a cutie. He'll be a real Gem when you get him back from Dilute. She's a wiz when it comes to training colts.

Where was the rock pic taken?

Rob, Seriously fool, who jumps on a horse bareback and bridle-less on a windy day? Only You! rotf.gif

I am diggin' this cold gray Friday. Hope it stays dark and cozy it's been soooo long. I discovered there is such a thing as too much Sun.

Project for the weekend...buy sand for the stalls...they are soaked this morning. We need to put an end wall on Jody's stall for the water that blows in off the roof.

Well it's bright and sunny outside sad.gif oh well, it will dry up all the mud.

Gotta get some work done.

TGIF! Ya'll have a great weekend. Be safe.

Edited by QH_LUV_R

QH - That was the Waco Zoo, we went there together when I hung out at her place for a couple of weeks. It was my first vacation in 8+ years!

That's a crazy story about Moon. I probably would have swallowed my heart.

Speaking of projects...I picked up a scraggly goat today.

377620_1582089649621_1757120067_849584_89544926_n.jpg

How could I resist? She's in real need of some quality feed and supplements, but I see promise. And she's my absolute favorite pattern. And very sweet; she followed me around during afternoon chores.

morning all :smileywavey:

That was some much needed rain. But Friday I woke up with no power :bang_head:

Robert :thud: You are the craziest person I have ever cybermet!

You are out to kill yourself aren't you? knunckleheadedoldfart.

Pictures hu? That's me with JR (stop laughing)

ALYSON_016.jpg

That's Gin, I lost her in May :angel3:

HPIM0004.jpg

That's Biscuit

HPIM0009.jpg

Cooper

PICT0028.jpg

Jake

HPIM0376.jpg

Ladybug

HPIM1184.jpg

JR I enjoyed your pics. Can you believe it's been almost a year since Riley/Chads wedding...seems like just yesterday.

When I think about what high hopes I had for a certain relationship that was sparked at the wedding and have it end the way it

did...makes me want to mecry.gif

What's up with all these power outages? questionicon.gif There's been several people on my FB that lost power the last few days.

Got the scare of my life last night. I was in a buying Apps for my I-phone kind of mood. Several of them were too big to load without going to the I-Tunes store on line to download.

I plugged my phone in, clicked a prompt and went and watched TV while it downloaded/synced.

Came back an hour later and my phone had been wiped clean with a window that read "unable to restore Michelle's I-Phone"

I literally wanted to puke!! Thank the Lord I had just synced my phone last week so everything except a few pics I had taken was saved to my computer. Amanda set me up to restore factory settings and to my relief I got everything back.

What a gorgeous weekend! It would be a crying shame to waste it inside. We need to come up with a plan pronto before we piddle this glorious day away.

I know we're going to get our pumpkins from the little patch here in town run by a church. So I need to get Trace to pick some patterns.

Enjoy ya'lls weekend. Be safe.

Edited by QH_LUV_R

QH - you should tell Riley that she's been promising me a ride with her and our friend Cory since before I even met Cory. I actually met Cory through another friend and she bought goats from me. :rotf:

Eveeeeen if I have to leave Apple at home and ride a TROTTING horse...the horror. Although I doubt either of them has a saddle that's gonna fit me. Snork.

Not much going on here. Scraggly goat, now named April, had the WORST hooves I've ever seen on a goat. Bad. Going to take a while to fix.

When I think about what high hopes I had for a certain relationship that was sparked at the wedding and have it end the way it

There, :huggy: there it's okay. What happened happened for the best.

Hi guys. We got a good rain on Thursday. The weeds have started growing a little so the pastures look a little green.

Dakota's surgery is scheduled for Nov. 9. I use the vet in Willis for the dogs. I've been going to them for years and they are great. I use the New Waverly vet for my horse.

Have a good day everyone. :smileywavey:

:angel3::huggy: for Dakota.

Okay, I've got a story for you that only a grandma could tell.

We were visiting with my daughter last night and Cady has started to use the potty. Yeah, it's a big thing for a little girl.

So she told her mommy she had to poop and off they ran to the bathroom.

Cady was so excited that she was able to use the potty and and she was yelling "I did it! I did it! grandmommy I did it"

Anyway, she got off and bent down to pick up her bear bear off the floor. muhahahahha when she bent over a little poop popped out :shocked:

I laughed so hard I thought I'd die..........poor kid :rotf:

JR - That is too funny.

Thanks for all the well wishes for Dakota. I didn't manage any pics of his tumor this weekend but here is an old pic of him. He currently weighs 115 pounds and at age 9, still thinks he is hot stuff. Definitely a momma's boy.

100_0057.jpg

And here is my girl Bindi. She thinks she is a princess.

100_0926.jpg

Morning all :smileywavey:

PS

They are beautiful. Dakota's a big boy! I'm sure he'll befine and I'll keep him in my thoughts and prayers :angel3:

Nothing nuch going on today, just wanted to say HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!!!

Real quick I have that darn teeth cleaning at 10:00 and I need to call around and price winter rye, Jay's bringing down a disc and planter today to do 2 of our pastures.

Epona, I didn't know you knew Cory! That's super cool! Riley's so busy these days she's hard to pin down. We still haven't been able to get together and bake. Maybe by Christmas lol

Hey I saw the cutest goat yesterday, I'l post a pic later when I have more time.

JR that is a precious story and one that I am sure will be retold again and again rotf.gifShe will get sick of hearing it I am sure happy0203.gif

Peppy are those flowers butter cups in the last pic? That's what we called them growing up. I really like that pic. angel3.gif for Dakota.

I need to get my butt in gear...have a great day!

Edited by QH_LUV_R

0806220278-1-1.jpg

I wuv Biscuit, because I wuvs fuzzy puppies.

Robert, Robert, Robert tsk tsk tsk, what Are we going to do with you?

Tell me again, JR, how old is Cady Bug? We have a potty for Little Mache. He is tickled to sit on the potty. You tell him to go potty and away he goes, he also likes the bathroom door closed. This morning I was busy, and when I came into the den he ran to the potty. I said self, he has already pottied. Yep, but at least he gets the idea.

Doing morning chores. Feeding Gin

007.jpg

Chores done and little horsey time.

011-1.jpg

Hey!! You have already been fed.

014-1.jpg

Our very own dinosour

004.jpg

005-1.jpg

Becaco

ooohhhhhh that is once mean dinasour, he's locked up in a cage he's so big and bad. What a cutie. :wub: Gin look like she is thinking what the ? why are you in my feed?

Cady just turned 20 months. Geeze they grow up fast

Not a lot going on here, hope everyone has a wonderful day and from what I hear we should be getting some more rain soon, or maybe it's wishful thinking.

Bec I loved seeing M?ch? helping his GGPa feed. Does he have a name for you and DH?

Did you take the Dragon to trick or treat this year?

They've got this new type of Trick or Treat around the Nation now, Trunk or Treat, have you heard about this? Usually Churches, neighbors gather in a parking lot and open their SUV hatches and hand candy out of the back while the kids come to them.

This World it is a changing!

They've got this new type of Trick or Treat around the Nation now, Trunk or Treat

Never heard of this? Interesting concept.Doesn't sound like much fun. Why not just have a party at the church?

We have Trunk or Treat here in our little hamlet. The little spooks could trick or treat up and down my road, but most people live out and their roads are easy to find.

JR, do you have a picture of Cady Bug in her costume?

QH, I am MiMi or is it MeMe? The DH is Poppa and the DD is Nana. I can NOT get his so say MiMi, but I am working on it. He hasn't said a lot of words yet, but every once in a while something comes out that sounds like a words.

Edited by Becaco

QH, I am MiMi or is it MeMe? The DH is Poppa and the DD is Nana. I can NOT get his so say MiMi, but I am working on it. He hasn't said a lot of words yet, but every once in a while something comes out that sounds like a words.

grin.gif Bec, so cute! It's exciting waiting to hear what they call you, because it is definitely up to them! lol

My Mom wanted my niece Erin to call her Mi Mi in the worst way. But when she started talking it was Na Na. When Jason came, he made it Na Nu.

I ALLways wanted to be Nana because my Dad's Mom was my beloved Nana. Almost wooped Troy's Mom's a$$ because she told me in the hospital I couldn't be Nana because her grand kids already called her that!

When I told Amanda about it she said don't worry he won't be seeing her anyway, and he hasn't. So I feel Blessed, I've had him all to myself for 11 years. ashamed0002.gif

Yes JR it's kind of weird how I never heard of that before and this year everybody is doing it! Is there a National underground communication system for parents and Churches? A few of my FB friends from up North had them too.

Actually, there's a little more to it, people with SUV's decorate the cargo areas and wear costumes, play music and some decorate tables. It's sort of like a mini carnival I guess.

I'm just mourning the days loooong ago when all your friends got together without parental interference and roamed the streets of our neighborhood collecting pillow cases full of Halloween candy.

I'm disappointed we didn't get our pastures planted. The ground was so hard, it took 3 times longer to disc than it should have. Jay borrowed his neighbors old Ford tractor and his disc and was going to use our Kabota to attach the seeder to. He should have reversed them, the shifting and lack of power steering on the old Ford wore Jay out.

He has next Thur and Fri off and said he'll come do it then, hopefully we'll get some rain by then.

I love this weather but I was hoping for rain before it blew in. We're forecast for rain this weekend, I hope it comes through for us. Seed will not sprout without rain!

Epona I hope this sweet goatee is there when you and Dilute go the the Ren. Fest. I loved on her took he pic and then walked off and forgot to put some money in her bucket.

We were going back on the way out and forgot where we had seen them. sad.gif

IMG_4504.jpg

:smileywavey: been away from the computer for a few days so I am just now catching up! hope everyone had a great halloween was a busy weekend for us I got to work all weekend.. blah things I have to do for my horses in this drought.. work 6/7 days a week, oh well they are def worth it!

I bought a new saddle sunday I am super excited about it, I cant wait to set it up on jack and pretend what it will look like when he is back up to weight :) I have someone coming out sunday to look at bunny, I have mixed feelings about that. Not sure if its something I actually want to do or not all in all it does make sense but then again its like whats one more? :surrender:

I have the coffee on and the chili in the crockpot for this CHILLY day!! actually starting to feel like november,,, not sure if I am ready!! lol

Good to see you again Blaze. Let's see your new saddle, it it English or Western.

Not sure if its something I actually want to do or not all in all it does make sense but then again its like whats one more? :surrender:

Since when does anything concerning owning horses make any sense? laugh.gif

MMM...chili sounds good! I cannot get warm today and that would hit the spot! Paul is due to get up now and I have no idea what to make him for his dinner. he works second shift

I have some frozen stuffed pasta, that might have to do with a salad.

Enjoy your big bowl of chili, I'm off to hunt down that pasta. smileywavey.gif